Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… 20:33 - Dec 7 with 4882 views66notout

…not exactly the sort of rallying call you might expect.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/darragh-macanthony-delivers-damning-verdict-on
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:38 - Dec 7 with 4140 viewsSheffordBlue

Although they may well want to prove him wrong....

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:41 - Dec 7 with 4116 viewsblueislander

Wow! That is some rant, and makes the bed-setters on here look quite positive.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:53 - Dec 7 with 4022 viewsflettonblue

Putting the boot in on us as well….

“We’ve won at Ipswich the last two times we’ve played there”
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:57 - Dec 7 with 3973 viewsblueislander

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:53 - Dec 7 by flettonblue

That is a fact . They have been a bogey side since , as a non-league club , they beat us in the FA Cup .in 1960_
[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 21:00]
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 21:01 - Dec 7 with 3933 viewsKeno

All I can say is I hope we stuff them on Saturday

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 21:36 - Dec 7 with 3715 viewsIllinoisblue

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:38 - Dec 7 by SheffordBlue

Although they may well want to prove him wrong....

Exactly. Although their players are probably not surprised with him mouthing off like a bed wetting fan. I hope we batter them and really give him something to moan about

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:21 - Dec 7 with 3527 viewsTonytown

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 21:36 - Dec 7 by Illinoisblue

Exactly. Although their players are probably not surprised with him mouthing off like a bed wetting fan. I hope we batter them and really give him something to moan about

We will probably batter them, draw 1-1 letting in a 97th minute equaliser and someone on here will describe it as a freak result, even though it’s happened more often than not in the last couple of months both home & away
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:27 - Dec 7 with 3510 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 20:53 - Dec 7 by flettonblue

Ipswich Town 1-4 Peterborough United - Match Report 1st Feb 2020 17:07
Town dropped to fourth in League One after a disastrous 4-1 home defeat to Peterborough United. Ivan Toney netted a penalty on 23, Sammie Szmodics made it 2-0 10 minutes later after dispossessing keeper Will Norris, then in the second half Siriki Dembele and Szmodics again scored on 50 and 74 to secure Posh their first ever league win at Portman Road and their first in all competitions since January 1960. Sub James Norwood netted a 79th minute consolation from the spot for the Blues. 137

That game in particular !!!

Pathetic and disgusting team not performing at all. Norris' calamitious mistake. One of our lowest moments ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:33 - Dec 7 with 3481 viewsjayessess

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:21 - Dec 7 by Tonytown

We will probably batter them, draw 1-1 letting in a 97th minute equaliser and someone on here will describe it as a freak result, even though it’s happened more often than not in the last couple of months both home & away

In the last couple of months we've won 8 of 14 games (or 6 of 10 if you prefer just league games), which literally means the one thing we do "more often than not" is win games.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:38 - Dec 7 with 3449 viewsSwansea_Blue

“We don’t need to be arrogant, but we should be playing on the front foot in this division.”

Lol, that’s not arrogance it’s delusion. They’ve only spent 5 or 6 seasons on I’ve the 3rd tier in their history. Normally getting relegated at the first attempt. He always comes across as a right bell.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 23:37 - Dec 7 with 3332 viewsExiled2Surrey

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 21:36 - Dec 7 by Illinoisblue

I quite enjoyed listening to this earlier today when out for a run - very amusing

He said he would be giving this “feedback” in person in the early part of this week - so no question that the players will have heard this first hand already - and I suspect they are used to this kind of “motivation”.

On another subject, it doesn’t sound like they are about to sell us JCH…
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 23:40 - Dec 7 with 3319 viewsnshearman1

He’s a prize self-publicising dick
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 03:46 - Dec 8 with 3195 viewsIllinoisblue

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 23:37 - Dec 7 by Exiled2Surrey

I quite enjoyed listening to this earlier today when out for a run - very amusing

He said he would be giving this “feedback” in person in the early part of this week - so no question that the players will have heard this first hand already - and I suspect they are used to this kind of “motivation”.

On another subject, it doesn’t sound like they are about to sell us JCH…

What with him and Barry Fry they’ve had some shy retiring folks in charge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 07:30 - Dec 8 with 2999 viewsVaughan8

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:21 - Dec 7 by Tonytown

I don't think anyone was saying it's a freak result, just a freak (ish) goal at the end. 99/100 that doesn't go in.

The 4-4 Vs Charlton was a freak game however you analyse it.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 08:03 - Dec 8 with 2929 viewsdavblue

Just theatrics to get his team up for it on Saturday.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 08:24 - Dec 8 with 2808 viewsGlasgowBlue

Somebody posted a chart on here the other day to show that it doesn’t happen more often than not.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 08:27 - Dec 8 with 2802 viewsSharkey

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:27 - Dec 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Town dropped to fourth in League One after a disastrous 4-1 home defeat to Peterborough United. Ivan Toney netted a penalty on 23, Sammie Szmodics made it 2-0 10 minutes later after dispossessing keeper Will Norris, then in the second half Siriki Dembele and Szmodics again scored on 50 and 74 to secure Posh their first ever league win at Portman Road and their first in all competitions since January 1960. Sub James Norwood netted a 79th minute consolation from the spot for the Blues. 137

Pathetic and disgusting team not performing at all. Norris' calamitious mistake. One of our lowest moments ever.

Toney and Dembélé up front, with Szmodics just behind. I doubt Town have played a better strike force in League 1.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 09:43 - Dec 8 with 2595 viewsPJH

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:33 - Dec 7 by jayessess

In the last couple of months we've won 8 of 14 games (or 6 of 10 if you prefer just league games), which literally means the one thing we do "more often than not" is win games.

Yes, but if you discount all the games that it did not happen then it has happened more often than not.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 09:50 - Dec 8 with 2559 viewstractorboy1978

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:38 - Dec 7 by Swansea_Blue

“We don’t need to be arrogant, but we should be playing on the front foot in this division.”

Lol, that’s not arrogance it’s delusion. They’ve only spent 5 or 6 seasons on I’ve the 3rd tier in their history. Normally getting relegated at the first attempt. He always comes across as a right bell.

What is wrong with that statement? You would expect them to be playing on the front foot in this league. I think most would of had them down as automatic promotion candidates at the start of the season and being 11 points off less than half way through the season is a disaster for them!
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 09:54 - Dec 8 with 2535 viewsmarkchips

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 09:43 - Dec 8 by PJH

Yes, but if you discount all the games that it did not happen then it has happened more often than not.

Let's face it, if we can get an early goal again they are going to have to come at us and their heads will drop.

Could be the death knoll for the manager there I feel.
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 10:17 - Dec 8 with 2450 viewsSwansea_Blue

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 09:50 - Dec 8 by tractorboy1978

What is wrong with that statement? You would expect them to be playing on the front foot in this league. I think most would of had them down as automatic promotion candidates at the start of the season and being 11 points off less than half way through the season is a disaster for them!

To me it suggests they think they are too big for this league and should always be one of the teams looking for promotion. Whereas the reality is they've spent far longer in mid-table L1 and below than they have at the top of L1 or above.

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 10:34 - Dec 8 with 2381 viewsFrimleyBlue

Apparently. JCH has been playing right back....

I am right in thinking he has always been a striker?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 10:34 - Dec 8 with 2385 viewstextbackup

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 22:27 - Dec 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep easily one of my lowest points as a town fan.
Gutless players, weak/no leaders, terrible management

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 11:15 - Dec 8 with 2297 viewstractorboy1978

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 10:17 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

To me it suggests they think they are too big for this league and should always be one of the teams looking for promotion. Whereas the reality is they've spent far longer in mid-table L1 and below than they have at the top of L1 or above.

Distant history is irrelevant though.

They've already lost more games than we will all season and more than the current top 3 combined.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 10:49]
Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 11:48 - Dec 8 with 2210 viewsSwansea_Blue

Posh owner puts the boot in on his manager and players… on 11:15 - Dec 8 by tractorboy1978

Distant history is irrelevant though.

They've already lost more games than we will all season and more than the current top 3 combined.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 10:49]

True, distant history is irrelevant to this year. It's part of seeing how you are though. Things can always change (e.g. Bournemouth for example), but to me Peterborough have always been a lower league team. And they're performing like one again this year. Maybe I'm the one with the outdated view of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024