Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... 07:39 - Mar 16 with 4872 viewstractorboy1978

They are 8 points off the play offs, approaching last chance saloon and you'd think a draw isn't too much use to them. I can't see them just sitting behind the ball. It's going to be important we don't give them any cheap set pieces.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 07:42 - Mar 16 with 3965 viewsDanTheMan

I feel fairly confident about this game. Home game and we're in incredible form whilst theirs has been patchy. From what I know they were very lucky to get a draw from Derby and their other results past few games haven't been incredible. Still a tough game against one of the better teams but we should be comfortably winning this one.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:02 - Mar 16 with 3873 viewsHerbivore

They aren't likely to come at us having seen what happened to Burton and Forest Green when they tried that. Their best chance is to keep it tight, frustrate us, and try to nick something on the break or from a set piece. Trying to win a game doesn't always (or even usually) entail having a real go at teams, especially away from home.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:20 - Mar 16 with 3804 viewsxrayspecs

They have a game in hand on Bolton, so in effect five points outside the play offs with ten to go. Not last chance saloon. Would expect them to sit back and aim to hit us on the counter attack and set pieces. We will need to be patient and clinical.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:35 - Mar 16 with 3702 viewsitfcjoe

A point for them is a still a very good result

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:36 - Mar 16 with 3699 viewsNthQldITFC

It's in our nature to over-worry about the opposition, but imagine what our opponents think about playing us at the moment.

If you put yourself in the position of a Shrewsbury fan, or player, or manager, you're probably thinking "We can't win all of our remaining matches, this one against an in-form Ipswich is the hardest of the lot, we don't want to get tonked here, we'll be delighted with a point and even a narrow defeat which doesn't dent the confidence would be acceptable. We can still get in the play-offs if we lose to Ipswich as long as we keep believing and win a lot of our other games."

I suspect they'll be defensive and happy to absorb pressure even if we go in front. I also think we've got the tools and the mentality and flexibility to very probably be able to unlock them.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:48 - Mar 16 with 3641 viewslizzibee

Their fans seem happy with a point from the game. We just need to go out and play them off the park. They may be high(ish) in the league but they don't have the quality we do, they won't bring many fans and have many less points than us. I can't see anything other than a convincing win. Oh, and the ex supports them so this is more important than normal for me.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:03 - Mar 16 with 3567 viewsGeoffSentence

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:48 - Mar 16 by lizzibee

Their fans seem happy with a point from the game. We just need to go out and play them off the park. They may be high(ish) in the league but they don't have the quality we do, they won't bring many fans and have many less points than us. I can't see anything other than a convincing win. Oh, and the ex supports them so this is more important than normal for me.

This should be in McKenna's team talk "Do it for Lizzibee, feck the ex"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:13 - Mar 16 with 3504 viewstractorboy1978

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:36 - Mar 16 by NthQldITFC

It's in our nature to over-worry about the opposition, but imagine what our opponents think about playing us at the moment.

If you put yourself in the position of a Shrewsbury fan, or player, or manager, you're probably thinking "We can't win all of our remaining matches, this one against an in-form Ipswich is the hardest of the lot, we don't want to get tonked here, we'll be delighted with a point and even a narrow defeat which doesn't dent the confidence would be acceptable. We can still get in the play-offs if we lose to Ipswich as long as we keep believing and win a lot of our other games."

I suspect they'll be defensive and happy to absorb pressure even if we go in front. I also think we've got the tools and the mentality and flexibility to very probably be able to unlock them.

I'm not worried at all, I think we will beat them. I don't expect them to play gung-ho but similarly I don't expect them to just sit in to the extent a lot of teams have at PR this season.

They are probably going to need to aim for 78 points to have any chance of getting into the top 6 (23 more points from 10 games). In their last 10 they have 5 of the current top 6 - they are going to have to win a couple of those and they don't have much real margin for error.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 9:13]
Login to get fewer ads

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:19 - Mar 16 with 3469 viewsNthQldITFC

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:13 - Mar 16 by tractorboy1978

I'm not worried at all, I think we will beat them. I don't expect them to play gung-ho but similarly I don't expect them to just sit in to the extent a lot of teams have at PR this season.

They are probably going to need to aim for 78 points to have any chance of getting into the top 6 (23 more points from 10 games). In their last 10 they have 5 of the current top 6 - they are going to have to win a couple of those and they don't have much real margin for error.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 9:13]

Sorry, yes, I didn't mean 'you' it was just a general comment. What I meant was 'one', but one always feels silly typing one, doesn't one?

I agree that they probably won't sit too deep, more the parking of a mini-bus rather than a bus, with engine running.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:24 - Mar 16 with 3445 viewsclive_baker

It's not entirely borne out by the stats as we have won games from drawing positions at h/t but we've seen recently the importance of getting our noses in front early. When we're chasing a goal in the 2nd half it gets so hard as teams are happy to sit back, waste a shed load of time, break up any momentum with 'injury' breaks, using their substitution windows etc. Before you know it there's 75 minutes on the clock, a restless crowd and the ball has barely been in play since half time.

Anecdotally I've noticed a trend of teams trying to turn us around to play towards the N/S 1st half lately which has largely been fruitful for us. Can't help but feel it benefits us as we face less interruptions to our rhythm 1st half.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:25 - Mar 16 with 3451 viewsSomethingBlue

They'll do what they've done to good effect for most of the season — keep it tight, go for the set piece sucker punch.

Lincoln (h) vibes for me here — we were flying then, we are now and the confidence everywhere is rightly high. But it's a similarly awkward opponent, probably a better one, and we're not going to steamroller them, it may take a while if at all. Hopefully we find a way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Agree ba on 09:30 - Mar 16 with 3417 viewsDyland

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:25 - Mar 16 by SomethingBlue

They'll do what they've done to good effect for most of the season — keep it tight, go for the set piece sucker punch.

Lincoln (h) vibes for me here — we were flying then, we are now and the confidence everywhere is rightly high. But it's a similarly awkward opponent, probably a better one, and we're not going to steamroller them, it may take a while if at all. Hopefully we find a way.

Very tough game, and similar deal to THAT Lincoln game. We look to be made of sterner stuff now though and/or our luck has shifted, so I'm going for a hard fought win.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:56 - Mar 16 with 3289 viewsCityBlue

They'll come for the point

I T I D

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 10:27 - Mar 16 with 3156 viewsGuthrum

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:25 - Mar 16 by SomethingBlue

Tho with Luongo in the midfield and Broadhead replacing the out-of-form Harness, I feel we have just a little more penetration now, perhaps enough to tip the balance in our favour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 10:46 - Mar 16 with 3059 viewsBluespeed225

just the win is the thing in this game . We've got a few goals in the bank and i don't expect another 4 goal feast. Really important just to win with the Barnsley game off now, keep Plymouth in touching distance and let them stew on their next away game. Then we swoop!!
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 10:51 - Mar 16 with 3031 viewsArnieM

They have to attack us really don’t they. They need the points t9 stand a chance to make play offs. This will help our game , hopefully!

I noticed in the EADT article today ( quoting the top 6 managers and what their thoughts are re rest of season ), that Plymouth might be opting for a very defensive approach to their away games, ( unless I’ve misread it). This could potentially help us providing we can still maintain our winning run.

It’s comes down to a 10 game season shoot out almost hasn’t it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:11 - Mar 16 with 2960 viewsBigCommon

Should think they will want it tight and scrappy, keep the crowd down, and try and be effective from set pieces...Think we'll blow them away 3-0. We've just got too much for these sort of sides. .But we still need Morsy to negotiate a card free game, ideally.
To say he's due one, is an umderstatement.

3-0....Ladapo, Chaplin , Burns.... COYBs
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:33 - Mar 16 with 2879 viewsitfcsuth

I expect a really tough game, they are in very good form right now, with a decent squad actually when you look at it. Cotterill is doing a cracking job with them.

Last 10 games we have taken 21 points, they have taken 20, so they are in a good run run of form.

Drew at Derby, beat Wycombe and Bolton already, and have put in very good displays in narrow defeats to Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley and Plymouth.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:34 - Mar 16 with 2865 viewstextbackup

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 08:02 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

They aren't likely to come at us having seen what happened to Burton and Forest Green when they tried that. Their best chance is to keep it tight, frustrate us, and try to nick something on the break or from a set piece. Trying to win a game doesn't always (or even usually) entail having a real go at teams, especially away from home.

I’m not sure they’d see themselves in the same bracket as FGR and Burton, but do hear what you’re saying. Go toe to toe with us, in a football match, and is likely they’d lose.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:38 - Mar 16 with 2833 viewsHerbivore

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 10:51 - Mar 16 by ArnieM

They have to attack us really don’t they. They need the points t9 stand a chance to make play offs. This will help our game , hopefully!

I noticed in the EADT article today ( quoting the top 6 managers and what their thoughts are re rest of season ), that Plymouth might be opting for a very defensive approach to their away games, ( unless I’ve misread it). This could potentially help us providing we can still maintain our winning run.

It’s comes down to a 10 game season shoot out almost hasn’t it .

They don't have to attack us and it's unlikely they will.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 13:26 - Mar 16 with 2525 viewswellsy700

In hindsight, that 3-0 win at their place earlier in the season has probably been one of our best results of the season

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 14:27 - Mar 16 with 2344 viewsBluespeed225

Expecting top notch sh*thousery from the 10th minute. We, the crowd, must remain calm, support the lads, 'trust the process'.
It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 15:05 - Mar 16 with 2208 viewsKropotkin123

I thought I'd talk about them talking about us talking about them: https://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/105369/ipswich-town-pre-match-chat

Seems like they're mainly interested in the marina area. So give your recommendations people!

Some predicting a 2-1 win, which wouldbe a surprise. Some predicting an 8-1-1 formation, which wouldn't be a surprise.

They seem like a decent bunch

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 15:18 - Mar 16 with 2174 viewsRadlett_blue

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 11:38 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

They don't have to attack us and it's unlikely they will.

Indeed, while Shrewsbury would obviously prefer 3 points, their manager will probably reckon that sitting back & frustrating Town is probably the most likely route. They'd also be very happy with a point.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 15:37 - Mar 16 with 2126 viewslizzibee

It'll be interesting to see how Shrewsbury approach the game... on 09:03 - Mar 16 by GeoffSentence

This should be in McKenna's team talk "Do it for Lizzibee, feck the ex"

I think that's the perfect team talk. What else is there to say!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024