Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss 21:31 - May 7 with 11792 viewskeebsdad

Defending: suspect.
Final pass: appalling.
Too impetuous.

Yes, he's one-of-our-own and likes a fist pump but that does not excuse his lack of quality.

PS JD wasn't much better.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 with 6855 viewsportmanking

Why the hell are we always intent on overly criticising one of our own? He didn't have one of his better days, granted.

The rest of the team were just as below par. They've had one of the best weeks of their careers. And many of our fans have too. Cut them some fcking slack.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 with 6854 viewsAsa

Clarke came in and shortly after we had about 150 clean sheets in a row.

If you’re looking at the best eleven players at the club now, Clarke is in the lower half and could be someone who could feasibly be replaced next season through squad depth and someone else getting in ahead of him.

To suggest he’s not an improvement on JD, who has been excellent for us, is simply not true though. He’s offered so much more going forward whilst being part of a defence that conceded two goals in almost three months!
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 with 6849 viewsitfctilidie

Clueless post
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:43 - May 7 with 6808 viewsportmanking

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 by Asa

If you’re looking at the best eleven players at the club now, Clarke is in the lower half and could be someone who could feasibly be replaced next season through squad depth and someone else getting in ahead of him.

To suggest he’s not an improvement on JD, who has been excellent for us, is simply not true though. He’s offered so much more going forward whilst being part of a defence that conceded two goals in almost three months!

Clarke could feasibly be replaced? Mamma Mia. Think I might take a break from the forum til August.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:45 - May 7 with 6771 viewsSheffordBlue

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 by Asa

Given the sheer number of fixtures since he came in there's also been limited time on the training ground to develop him as they go from game to recovery to game prep. I fully expect him to come on leaps and bounds with a full preseason with the coaching staff.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:46 - May 7 with 6754 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn't really deserve a response.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:47 - May 7 with 6730 viewsChurchman

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:40 - May 7 by portmanking

Why the hell are we always intent on overly criticising one of our own? He didn't have one of his better days, granted.

The rest of the team were just as below par. They've had one of the best weeks of their careers. And many of our fans have too. Cut them some fcking slack.

You have to understand that this is literally the first time in months certain people have had to educate us with their …’insight’.

Bobsthename has posted, first time in ages, so just that Elephant bloke to go. Can’t wait.

Four goals in sixteen games conceded - booooooo. Two of them today with the season over. Clarke out. Boooo. Dear oh dear.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:48 - May 7 with 6721 viewsAsa

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:43 - May 7 by portmanking

Clarke could feasibly be replaced? Mamma Mia. Think I might take a break from the forum til August.

Yes he could. Not intentionally or out of the squad replaced. Of course not.

We are going to be hugely ambitious and probably add 5-6 players that will be seen as better than what we have I’d imagine.

I’d say Walton, Morsy, Broadhead and Davis are very unlikely to be replaced but with any new players coming in it’s not impossible that Clarke, Burns, Burgess etc could end up being outside the starting eleven by the time we are finished with our business.

As great as the current best eleven is, no way is Ashton satisfied with that side and a mid-table finish. I like Clarke and he isn’t a weak spot, but not impossible he ends up out of the side to another summer signing.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 21:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:50 - May 7 with 6690 viewsAsa

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:45 - May 7 by SheffordBlue

Given the sheer number of fixtures since he came in there's also been limited time on the training ground to develop him as they go from game to recovery to game prep. I fully expect him to come on leaps and bounds with a full preseason with the coaching staff.

Clarke has a massive up side.

Looks every bit a future Premier League player if he continues on this trajectory.

As I’ve said elsewhere though, I think we are going to go big in the summer with 5-6 signings we see as being better than what we have and who knows how the starting eleven will pan out come August.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 21:50 - May 7 with 6694 viewsclive_baker

Unpopular opinion but he’s got a long way to go. I wouldn’t go as far as saying JD is better but Clarke is certainly a work in progress. I’m not convinced his future is at right back.

Certainly a player that has a big future ahead though, specimen physically which is such a massive part of the modern game. It’ll be interesting to see what we do with him though IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:08 - May 7 with 6481 viewsJackNorthStand

You do realise he's young, still developing and this is one of his first full seasons playing competitive professional league football?

That being said I still disagree with your post - he has been key since joining and one of the players I have every confidence in the Championship next season.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:13 - May 7 with 6421 viewsxrayspecs

Some people do not deserve access to the internet. You are one of them.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:20 - May 7 with 6317 viewsFrimleyBlue

I agree that JD wasn't great today but hasn't played much lately so can be excused.

Clarke. Will be a premier right back within a couple of seasons. The championship will only help this happen quicker.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:20 - May 7 with 6339 viewsslump

There wasn't a question.

Janoi was doing well, we were all happy with him. Clarke came in much to our surprise and improved our team by quite a bit.

You're basing your opinion on one game after a young and passionate town lad had spent much of the previous week on the slash.

UTT

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:21 - May 7 with 6327 viewswhymark4lazio0

How is the post meant to help Harry or our club?

Harry is a young player of great promise. He is strong, fast and brave on the ball. Sometimes he is raw and over confident. However we all know that McKenna improves players. I'm sure Harry will prove to be at least a Championship level player- possibly even Premiership. Supporters should support all our players, especially our young players.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:21 - May 7 with 6318 viewsxrayspecs

Moron.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:35 - May 7 with 6184 viewsEssexBloo

You really don’t have a clue.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:46 - May 7 with 6093 viewsnodge_blue

Is that based on you watching iFollow today for the first time?

10 bad minutes v 15 games of pace, strength, passion, good defending and bombing forward.

I don’t like criticising people for having a view but that really isn’t a good post.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:52 - May 7 with 6020 viewsnorfsufblue

I'm sure Harry Clarke is not the answer to many questions such as what's the name of the new King or who's the current sponsor of Ipswich Town.......
But if the question is which player purchased in January from Arsenal is the best current right back at the club then he absolutely is!
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 22:55 - May 7 with 5993 viewsBlueandTruesince82

1 bad game and we come up with this. FFS.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 23:08 - May 7 with 5910 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 23:11 - May 7 with 5897 viewsBigCommon

Think Clarke can be a bit "too" pumped, at times. When youve got such high levels of adrenalin coursing through your veins, its easy to misplace or over hit passes, or lunge in a bit, on challenges.. Being fired up is probably a big part of his game. I'd like to see if KM can calm him down a bit. I think it would improve him as a player. In the same way that Morsy (imo), has improved and become so much more steady and sensible.
This is not meant as a dig, just some constructive critisism. Clarke is still quite young, and something of a rough diamond. The mental side of the game, comes with age and experience and good coaching and learning from senior players..
Luongo is a great example, of a senior pro with the right mindset on the pitch.
To say that Clarke is not the answer in the OP is rather harsh, imo.. Likewise, to say that he is a perfectly rounded player, is stretching it somewhat, as he does have flaws.
Its always good to have local lads in the first team, though. But that shouldn't be the reason they are picked.
Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 23:14 - May 7 with 5870 viewsDeano69

Pathetic post budgie.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 23:17 - May 7 with 5840 viewsKropotkin123

I look forward to you next contribution in another 4 years time...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Harry Clarke - not the answer. Discuss on 23:21 - May 7 with 5813 viewsWhos_blue

Sigh.....

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024