Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site 09:59 - Jun 20 with 22819 viewsdavblue

If they are still alive, i dread to think how they are feeling.

Doesn't sound like there's much hope for them judging by the bits that are being released.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:08 - Jun 20 with 7454 viewsMookamoo

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a workable recovery plan ready to go.

Perhaps in future just leave the site alone. It shouldn't be a tourist destination.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:14 - Jun 20 with 7421 viewsSteve_M

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:08 - Jun 20 by Mookamoo

Perhaps in future just leave the site alone. It shouldn't be a tourist destination.

Not sure about that....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:21 - Jun 20 with 7322 viewsgiant_stow

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:14 - Jun 20 by Steve_M

Not sure about that....

I hope they have a spare controller as those things break all the bludy time (at £30 - £50 a pop).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:25 - Jun 20 with 7294 viewsJohnTy

Not sure about that....

I saw on the BBC a description of the craft. I would not go in it. It looks dreadfully amateurish. The capsule is bolted from the outside
and is piloted by a computer games controller.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 10:25]
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:26 - Jun 20 with 7281 viewsMookamoo

Not sure about that....

Blimey - they're dead.

and to think they each payed $250,000 for the privilege. Sad for the families etc etc, blah blah, but I'm struggling to find much empathy.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:28 - Jun 20 with 7269 viewsdavblue

the impression i get is that finding them is going to be extremely difficult. If they are on the Ocean floor it's going to be very, very difficult to get them back up.

I agree on the last sentence, i enjoy reading and watching documentaries on Titanic but even if i had the cash, that isn't something that interests me.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:30 - Jun 20 with 7220 viewsdavblue

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:25 - Jun 20 by JohnTy

I saw on the BBC a description of the craft. I would not go in it. It looks dreadfully amateurish. The capsule is bolted from the outside

They had Nasa and other experts help design it but like you say it wouldn't fill me with much confidence.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:31 - Jun 20 with 7203 viewsthe_toff

Let the Americans do it, just to see how unsavory and distasteful they make the whole thing. Maybe they could build a theme park around it.

The Iceberg Experience Diner. They could sell a Coke Sunk instead of a Coke Float.
Login to get fewer ads

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:33 - Jun 20 with 7176 viewsElderGrizzly

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:25 - Jun 20 by JohnTy

17 bolts. All from the outside. Zero means of escape from the inside.

It's basically a diving coffin.

And also why it is not signed off my any of the agencies who would normally sign off this type of thing.

The CBS reporter who went on it last year got to 37 feet down and had to come back up as it failed. They are 2 1/2 miles down (probably) and only 3 subs exist in the world that can go that deep. And even then, they can't rescue them because of the issues mentioned above.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:38 - Jun 20 with 7119 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:21 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

I hope they have a spare controller as those things break all the bludy time (at £30 - £50 a pop).

I should really given the seriousness of the position they’re in, but that made me chuckle (too true as well, PS5 ones are crap).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:43 - Jun 20 with 7039 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:26 - Jun 20 by Mookamoo

Blimey - they're dead.

and to think they each payed $250,000 for the privilege. Sad for the families etc etc, blah blah, but I'm struggling to find much empathy.

If that's how it all pans out and the capsule is as bad as it seems, you'd think there'd be some serious jail time involved in this somewhere. Corporate manslaughter or some such. It sounds like the families will have plenty of money to fund top lawyers too.

Anyway, hopefully they'll be found alive and well however unlikely that looks.

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:45 - Jun 20 with 7031 viewsgiant_stow

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:43 - Jun 20 by Swansea_Blue

If that's how it all pans out and the capsule is as bad as it seems, you'd think there'd be some serious jail time involved in this somewhere. Corporate manslaughter or some such. It sounds like the families will have plenty of money to fund top lawyers too.

I read somewhere that the Frenchman onboard had serious misgivings about it being made of fiberglass and also the large porthole, but couldn't resist the trip.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:52 - Jun 20 with 6972 viewsthe_toff

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:43 - Jun 20 by Swansea_Blue

I think I'm right in saying one of the 5 on board is the CEO of the company running it. He must've had a high degree of confidence in it.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:55 - Jun 20 with 6940 viewshype313

They still have two days of Oxygen so a miracle could still happen.

However, No emergency beacon or distress - suggests catastrophic failure.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:59 - Jun 20 with 6865 viewsGuthrum

Tho it is possible to dump the ballast in an emergency. They may be on the suface, still trapped, but out of immediate danger. Not easy to find a very small vessel bobbing around on the Atlantic, however.

The real problem would be if they have become entangled in wreckage or the vessel has been breached. There's so much wreckage from the Tianic on the seabed, identifying and locating the submersible would be hard.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:00 - Jun 20 with 6854 viewsdavblue

the owner is on the capsule also apparently.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:01 - Jun 20 with 6853 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:52 - Jun 20 by the_toff

I think I'm right in saying one of the 5 on board is the CEO of the company running it. He must've had a high degree of confidence in it.

Must have done you'd have thought. I imagine he's getting a bit of stick off his other passengers if they're just sat somewhere running out of oxygen! Doesn't bear thinking about.

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:03 - Jun 20 with 6823 viewsthe_toff

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:01 - Jun 20 by Swansea_Blue

Must have done you'd have thought. I imagine he's getting a bit of stick off his other passengers if they're just sat somewhere running out of oxygen! Doesn't bear thinking about.

Yeah don't suppose he's very popular. As you say it really doesn't bare thinking about, I can't think of many worse ways to go to be honest.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:06 - Jun 20 with 6807 viewshype313

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:03 - Jun 20 by the_toff

Yeah don't suppose he's very popular. As you say it really doesn't bare thinking about, I can't think of many worse ways to go to be honest.

Hypoxia is not like suffocation, you get sleepy and lethargic and gradually drift off to sleep......

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:15 - Jun 20 with 6747 viewsSteve_M

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:52 - Jun 20 by the_toff

See the video in the Tweet I put earlier in the thread, all looks a bit half-arsed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:16 - Jun 20 with 6722 viewsMookamoo

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 10:55 - Jun 20 by hype313

They still have two days of Oxygen so a miracle could still happen.

However, No emergency beacon or distress - suggests catastrophic failure.

or by the sounds of it they didn't have one of those beacons at his local Walmart so he didn't bother.
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:22 - Jun 20 with 6634 viewsSuperblue95

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:06 - Jun 20 by hype313

Hypoxia is not like suffocation, you get sleepy and lethargic and gradually drift off to sleep......

It’s more the waiting around to die that’s horrible though.

No way of saying goodbye to anybody, just sitting and thinking and waiting for what seems like the inevitable.

Horrific really.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:31 - Jun 20 with 6552 viewsblueasfook

If it's gone to the bottom, probably about 0% chance of them surviving. The sea in the area is something like 13,000ft deep. Submarine disasters generally dont have survivors.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:33 - Jun 20 with 6523 viewsthe_toff

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:22 - Jun 20 by Superblue95

It’s more the waiting around to die that’s horrible though.

No way of saying goodbye to anybody, just sitting and thinking and waiting for what seems like the inevitable.

Horrific really.

Yeah that was my thinking. Knowing you're in the sh1t and have about 2 days of oxygen left until you might or might not be found. Perhaps take some time to write a note to loved ones in the hope that one day they might get to see it.

Horrid.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 11:34]
Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:48 - Jun 20 with 6432 viewsElderGrizzly

Those people who a lost near the Titantic site on 11:16 - Jun 20 by Mookamoo

or by the sounds of it they didn't have one of those beacons at his local Walmart so he didn't bother.

And comms is provided (or not) by Elon Musk's Starlink
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024