Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New membership details here 18:00 - Jul 11 with 13970 viewsSitfcB

Complete overhaul. One membership. £39.99. Points earnt.

Some people are going to be fumin!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 18:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New membership details here on 00:42 - Jul 12 with 2191 viewsCrayonKing

£40 just to join a loyalty scheme? seems like a piss-take to me. Gold card was tremendous value, probably too good tbh, but this seems too far the other way
New membership details here on 05:24 - Jul 12 with 2096 viewsAlberto_the_frog

New membership details here on 18:19 - Jul 11 by LankHenners

Makes sense because of the likely demand but 1 ticket per person for home matches is going to cause problems for people wanting to bring family and friends along!

Just means they all have to fork out for membership
New membership details here on 06:42 - Jul 12 with 2075 viewsyorkshireblue

New membership details here on 00:42 - Jul 12 by CrayonKing

£40 just to join a loyalty scheme? seems like a piss-take to me. Gold card was tremendous value, probably too good tbh, but this seems too far the other way

The scheme is in like with what other clubs do - our old systems was an outlier, not the other way round.

In terms of pricing, looking at clubs near me as a yardstick.
Sheffield Wednesday - £50
Sheffield Wednesday - £45
Leeds - £60 (renewal)/£65 new members
Bradford - £35
New membership details here on 07:23 - Jul 12 with 2041 viewstextbackup

New membership details here on 22:34 - Jul 11 by SitfcB

Can see it getting messy haha.

I’ve just checked my boys account and he’s got 5 points, but that’s a nightmare because I’m planning on taking him to a few away games next season, including Sunderland, but I’d have to wait until the 5+ threshold

That’s the only real sht thing I can make out about this. A child starting out now will never get to the same bracket as the parent. Meaning parent needs to wait, or go without the child

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New membership details here on 07:31 - Jul 12 with 2014 viewsITFC_Forever

New membership details here on 00:09 - Jul 12 by skinnybob72

The way I’m reading this is that if you were a ST holder last season, but didn’t hold ultimate, gold or silver membership, you’ll start with the same number of points as someone who followed Norwich last season - regardless of how many Town away games you attended?

No, anyone’s away games from last season will count towards their starting balance.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

New membership details here on 07:34 - Jul 12 with 2020 viewsblueasfook

I think being a member is going to be pretty much the only way to guarantee getting tickets for home games next season (if you are non-ST holder). Non-members won't have a chance I dont think - especially for the big games.

As for away games, I think even as a member you may struggle as the people who accrued 10/15/20+ pts from last season will be well ahead of you.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 7:35]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

New membership details here on 07:38 - Jul 12 with 2011 viewsblueasfook

New membership details here on 22:34 - Jul 11 by SitfcB

Can see it getting messy haha.

I’ve just checked my boys account and he’s got 5 points, but that’s a nightmare because I’m planning on taking him to a few away games next season, including Sunderland, but I’d have to wait until the 5+ threshold

That is a bit crap isnt it. If it works like that. So you are saying if a fan with 20+ pts wants to go to an away game with someone else who may have only 5 pts then you have to wait until the lower point of ticket sales?

New membership details here on 07:42 - Jul 12 with 2003 viewsSaleAway

New membership details here on 07:38 - Jul 12 by blueasfook

That is a bit crap isnt it. If it works like that. So you are saying if a fan with 20+ pts wants to go to an away game with someone else who may have only 5 pts then you have to wait until the lower point of ticket sales?

But that's how its always been, if you had different priority levels.

I was a silver member, so if I wanted to go with a gold card holder, we'd have to wait for silver before buying...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

New membership details here on 07:52 - Jul 12 with 1986 viewsGlasgowBlue

New membership details here on 07:38 - Jul 12 by blueasfook

Yes. GB Jnr and I both had silver cards, so could buy tickets at the same time. He’s a couple of points behind me so now under this new scheme, so I may miss out because I’ll do the right thing and wait until it is his turn in the queue.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

New membership details here on 07:57 - Jul 12 with 1978 viewsblueasfook

New membership details here on 07:52 - Jul 12 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. GB Jnr and I both had silver cards, so could buy tickets at the same time. He’s a couple of points behind me so now under this new scheme, so I may miss out because I’ll do the right thing and wait until it is his turn in the queue.

You need to get his pts up I guess. If he's only a couple of pts behind then that's 2 games he would need to go to in order to be on same level as you. But then I imagine you would go as well so your points would increase too. I think it no longer becomes a problem when you are both on 25+

Actually I think £40 is spot on on 08:04 - Jul 12 with 1965 viewsunstableblue

New membership details here on 00:42 - Jul 12 by CrayonKing

It’s a commitment, but not excessive. People I think would have paid £60.

It’s the same as a home ticket.

And it could raise circa £400,000 in much needed revenue to manage FFP.

If the club goes on a run of good results… no home ticket will go beyond Super Blues members

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

New membership details here on 09:26 - Jul 12 with 1895 viewsSitfcB

New membership details here on 07:42 - Jul 12 by SaleAway

But that's how its always been, if you had different priority levels.

I was a silver member, so if I wanted to go with a gold card holder, we'd have to wait for silver before buying...

Yeah but in a kids case if they were a s/t holder and junior blue, that was gold card entitlement, which I was hoping for this season

COYB

New membership details here on 09:33 - Jul 12 with 1877 viewsDinDjarin

New membership details here on 09:26 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

Yeah but in a kids case if they were a s/t holder and junior blue, that was gold card entitlement, which I was hoping for this season

So we could potentially be in the Premiership and current season ticket holders who don't do enough away games for whatever reason this season may not have the points to get away tickets next season? Any random jonny come lately who pays 40 quid also now have preference over home tickets and can build up their points by doing away games to ensure they get away tickets once we get in the premiership.

It seems its making it a competition of who can build up the most points?

Guess thats the reward for the club now being successful and season ticket holders sitting through 20 years of dirge.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 9:40]
New membership details here on 09:36 - Jul 12 with 1864 viewsITFC_Forever

New membership details here on 09:33 - Jul 12 by DinDjarin

So we could potentially be in the Premiership and current season ticket holders who don't do enough away games for whatever reason this season may not have the points to get away tickets next season? Any random jonny come lately who pays 40 quid also now have preference over home tickets and can build up their points by doing away games to ensure they get away tickets once we get in the premiership.

It seems its making it a competition of who can build up the most points?

Guess thats the reward for the club now being successful and season ticket holders sitting through 20 years of dirge.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 9:40]

I don't think home tickets will count towards away ticket points.

New membership details here on 09:39 - Jul 12 with 1850 viewsDinDjarin

New membership details here on 09:36 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

I don't think home tickets will count towards away ticket points.

No they do not but as far as I understand anyone with a membership now has the same priority to home tickets limited to one per membership same as a season ticket holder.
New membership details here on 09:49 - Jul 12 with 1835 viewsParky

New membership details here on 09:26 - Jul 12 by SitfcB

Wonder if it’ll allow you to buy a kids ticket on someone else’s account / points who isn’t going.
New membership details here on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 1795 viewsITFC_Forever

New membership details here on 09:39 - Jul 12 by DinDjarin

No they do not but as far as I understand anyone with a membership now has the same priority to home tickets limited to one per membership same as a season ticket holder.

Why would a ST holder need to buy another ticket?

A ST holder is already going to the game, the non-ST member isn't, so should be next in line.
ST holder buying extra tickets for friends / family would rightly go behind a member in the queue

New membership details here on 10:52 - Jul 12 with 1752 viewsLRB84UK

New membership details here on 07:52 - Jul 12 by GlasgowBlue

This is the only argument I have with it. I went to a few more games then my 12 year old, so now I have to wait till his bracket comes up. QPR for example, do I get myself a ticket early doors or wait until his bracket comes up? I could then miss out or we wouldn't be sitting together. He's 12 I don't really want him sitting on his own.

I genuinely think under 16s should count as the same points as their adults. But once a child's ticket was brought it could not be exchanged for an adult ticket as we all know people would have got around it that way! It definitely feels like children are excluded. Espically the young ones who can't do night games or want to travel 5+ hours and are starting with the closer grounds. There will be several 6 or 7 year old now that might not be able to get started with away games
New membership details here on 11:23 - Jul 12 with 1705 viewsandytown

Didn’t silver allow up to 4 home tickets?
New membership details here on 11:55 - Jul 12 with 1650 viewsSitfcB

Had some confirmation on the kids thing…

“…for away games if you'd like to sit together you can purchase within the 5+ window” where as I’ll be 25+ window.

So yes, kids will be the same aslong as they have JB membership, this is a bit of a pain and feel something they could’ve done a bit better.

COYB

New membership details here on 12:16 - Jul 12 with 1602 viewsJon_456

New membership details here on 07:31 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

No, anyone’s away games from last season will count towards their starting balance.

I questioned this with the club this morning and they confirmed this isn’t the case.

Only silver, gold and ultimate members would receive points for away games, in addition to the 5 points for being a member.

It surely needs a review as there’s going to be a large number of regular ST holders who regularly attended away games last season who will start with less points than a silver member that potentially didn’t attend a single game.

My mate had a silver membership and attended 3 home games last season. I’m a ST holder who attended all home and 7 away games and my mate will start on 5 more points than me. To me that doesn’t seem to be a ‘fairer system’ as the club put it.
New membership details here on 12:26 - Jul 12 with 1566 viewstextbackup

New membership details here on 09:49 - Jul 12 by Parky

Wonder if it’ll allow you to buy a kids ticket on someone else’s account / points who isn’t going.

I think people doing this last season will mean this year you can’t.

For example, you could buy a kids ticket if a JB last year, and upgrade it to an adult. (And that adults ID or customer number wasn’t questioned at all)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New membership details here on 12:40 - Jul 12 with 1514 viewsParky

New membership details here on 12:26 - Jul 12 by textbackup

I think people doing this last season will mean this year you can’t.

For example, you could buy a kids ticket if a JB last year, and upgrade it to an adult. (And that adults ID or customer number wasn’t questioned at all)

Yeah, I’m sure they’ve probably cottoned on with this new system. Be interesting to see if I can’t go Sunderland for an example, could I let Sitters’ boy use my number, I then get more points for another game and his boy gets the joys of going Sunderland.
New membership details here on 13:20 - Jul 12 with 1462 viewsbicesterblue4

Assuming I have got it right, the biggest difference that I can see in the new system is that for away games there is zero advantage in being a season ticket holder.

I live in Oxfordshire, and whilst it was a change in working circumstances that allowed me to consider season tickets, what pushed me over the edge was being able to get away tickets more often.

I don't want to, but in theory I could now ditch the season tickets in 24/25 and be no worse off in terms of getting away tickets.

I realise this doesn't affect many people, and overall I think the new system is pretty good (I of course acknowledge that individual circumstances do alter your view).
New membership details here on 13:20 - Jul 12 with 1457 viewsCheshire_Tractor

New membership details here on 12:16 - Jul 12 by Jon_456

I questioned this with the club this morning and they confirmed this isn’t the case.

Only silver, gold and ultimate members would receive points for away games, in addition to the 5 points for being a member.

It surely needs a review as there’s going to be a large number of regular ST holders who regularly attended away games last season who will start with less points than a silver member that potentially didn’t attend a single game.

My mate had a silver membership and attended 3 home games last season. I’m a ST holder who attended all home and 7 away games and my mate will start on 5 more points than me. To me that doesn’t seem to be a ‘fairer system’ as the club put it.

Similar situation. I went to all home and 6 away. I have 0 points (presumably because I didn't have a gold card).

I don't mind a points system and I don't mind being down the list, but paying £40 to leapfrog ST holders for away games seems less fair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024