Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked 15:03 - Jul 28 with 4837 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Now we’re 4th favs to win the Championship; tickets are like golddust to buy; we’re playing and beating teams who play champions league every season and optimism could not be any higher. And more importantly than that, we’ve a group of players, staff, owners and management who actually give a sh*t about our club. This is the Ipswich we all wanted when I was posting #EvansOut every Saturday at 5:00.

Uppa Towen. Thankyou Gamechanger.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:04]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 3690 viewsRobTheMonk

You mean, you don't miss Lambingo, the Demolition Man or the Poison Dwarf and Deputy Doig?
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:13 - Jul 28 with 3587 viewsRyorry

🎶
"Where have all the Pauls gone?
Long time passing.
Where have all the Pauls gone?
Long time ago.
Where have all the Pauls gone?
Low league or retired every one.
Oh, When will they ever learn?
Oh, When will they ever learn?" 🎶

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:25 - Jul 28 with 3494 viewsTokey

I’ve taken to a strange new pastime recently - listening to the Town podcasts from those dark Lambert days. If I could find some from further back them I’d listen to them aswell. I revel in the misery, knowing now much better it is now.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:26 - Jul 28 with 3470 viewsBlueBadger

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:25 - Jul 28 by Tokey

I’ve taken to a strange new pastime recently - listening to the Town podcasts from those dark Lambert days. If I could find some from further back them I’d listen to them aswell. I revel in the misery, knowing now much better it is now.

Come on now, he Just Got It.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:31 - Jul 28 with 3431 viewsibbleobble

Just goes to show it was absolutely worth rolling the dice and taking chances rather than accepting mediocrity. Possibly a good metaphor for some to embrace.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:33 - Jul 28 with 3412 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not everyone wants Town to be a money-doped franchise staffed by chancers and mercenaries. But I’m glad you’re happy.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:34 - Jul 28 with 3395 viewsthe_toff

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:33 - Jul 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Not everyone wants Town to be a money-doped franchise staffed by chancers and mercenaries. But I’m glad you’re happy.

Mercenaries lol. From a club that just signed 48 year old Ashley Barnes.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:35 - Jul 28 with 3395 viewshoppy

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:33 - Jul 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Not everyone wants to read your pessimistic drivel on an almost daily basis, but there we are.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:37 - Jul 28 with 3366 viewsVegtablue

Great stuff Rommy.

Just to clarify the relegation trio are our big 3, Middlesbrough occupy the Andy Murray role and we are an injury-free Juan Martín Del Potro - some way behind these four but at the front of the chasing pack. In the betting anyway.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:38 - Jul 28 with 3359 viewsBlueBadger

Thankfully though, Evans has left.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:39 - Jul 28 with 3345 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I mean it’s so much better being run by a rich cook who’s pissed half the time right?
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:43 - Jul 28 with 3308 viewsHighgateBlue

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:39 - Jul 28 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I mean it’s so much better being run by a rich cook who’s pissed half the time right?

Don't get me wrong, I like Gamechanger, but who wouldn't prefer Keith Floyd!!!?
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:44 - Jul 28 with 3303 viewsSwansea_Blue

Might as well wish for the moon on a stick than for no owner investment/debt covering in the Championship. It doesn’t (or only rarely) exist.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:45 - Jul 28 with 3284 viewsSitfcB

Piss off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:45 - Jul 28 with 3269 viewsBigCommon

Weird how you lot boast about the new bollards you bought for your training ground, with years of Prem money and parachute payments...
Yet you bring a player through, like Mumba, and let him go for peanuts, whilst stocking your first team squad with overpaid old men.. Some business model that is.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:46 - Jul 28 with 3268 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yeah all you nodge fans hate it we know, but we don't care what you think.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 3212 viewsIllinoisblue

When were you were last happy?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:50]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 3144 viewsVegtablue

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:35 - Jul 28 by hoppy

Not everyone wants to read your pessimistic drivel on an almost daily basis, but there we are.

I like to remind myself of the alternative when reading his bitterness. It's a parallel universe in which he got his hooks into a portion of our club. Thankfully we have the posts instead.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:57 - Jul 28 with 3130 viewshype313

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 15:50 - Jul 28 by Illinoisblue

When were you were last happy?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:50]

When Jeremy Goss scored a goal.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:41 - Jul 28 with 2979 viewsGeoffSentence

What exactly do you want. 'cos from what you are complaining about it sounds like you are harking back to some mythical golden age.

I'm not sure who the 'chancers' are in your commentary, I don't see any.
All footballers are mercenaries these days, we seem lucky to have got a really good bunch of mercenaries.

Franchise? Nope, don't get that one at all, we are still Ipswich, playing in Ipswich, supported by Ipswich people.

Money-doped? We have to work within a financial framework set by the league and observed by every other club, it doesn't matter how much money the owners have, and thank heavens we can work up to those limits now, I don't want the penny pinching era Evans era back. That can't really be what you want.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:45 - Jul 28 with 2945 viewspointofblue

As an aside, is the Leipzig forum in meltdown as they've lost to a second tier English side?

Just having flashbacks to post Cambridge/Stevenage...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:50 - Jul 28 with 2888 viewsChurchman

Not everyone wants to be a miserable sad old git with nothing positive to say about anything either.

You clearly have ….’issues’. Maybe you should give football a miss and tuck into a bit of Solzhenitsyn. Pages and pages of unremitting misery with no good ending. You’ll enjoy it.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:54 - Jul 28 with 2867 viewsChurchman

5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:45 - Jul 28 by pointofblue

As an aside, is the Leipzig forum in meltdown as they've lost to a second tier English side?

Just having flashbacks to post Cambridge/Stevenage...

I doubt it. The Germans are always cool and organised and after they’ve dismissed the firing squad, they’ll be ready for the next game in panzer division order. I love a childish stereotype!
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 16:56 - Jul 28 with 2849 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hi Marcus !!! How are your Brazilian mates?

Thank you for your 5 points/5 years plans and pre-staged interviews. Thank you so, so much as you are a picture of honesty.
5 years ago this club looked utterly f**ked on 17:08 - Jul 28 with 2772 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Dear Rommy ! 4, 5, 6 years ago you were regularly slated by Evans' happy clappers for not being grateful for his '6m a year'. The club were on the downward trajectory yet those melts still had a temerity to knock you at very opportunity.

As you say different era and happy times. No more Chambingo, no more Lambingo etc etc... No more parasites and slobs having a nice and easy payday at the club while keep waffling the same soundbites and cliches just to please some people.

No more Evans and his 5 points/5 years plans and pre-staged interviews. No more poor managers who had no chance to succeed with that mob, no more Skuse and Chambers waffling the same crap week in week out about the commitment and fight for the shirt while the teams attitude on the pitch was disgusting, no more Evans' puppets in O'Neill/Milne/Clegg trying to please people, no more 'kids for a quid' tickets offers as the kids must have been demoralised for what they used to see on the pitch.

All of that above what a horror that was.

But we now we have players who play for the shirt and owners who have done everything they have promised so far.

Plus no more tickets on the general sale :)
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 17:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024