Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m 14:00 - Aug 10 with 4377 viewsElderGrizzly

Is that Ashton’s fault/credit too? :)

Fees for average players are still bonkers then I see. Must make our owners sit up and take notice too if these are selling values for players in the Championship

[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:01]
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:01 - Aug 10 with 4326 viewsJ2BLUE

He will get some blame. How they'll get there will be interesting to see.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:03 - Aug 10 with 4281 viewsBlueBadger

£25M for an injured mid table Championship player?

Someone at Plucky Little Bournemouth has been drinking.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:03 - Aug 10 with 4281 viewsHerbivore

Christ she looks different to the last time I saw her.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:03 - Aug 10 with 4282 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He looks a very good player from the little I've seen. Does make you wonder what somebody like Davis is going to be worth with a season at this level.
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:06 - Aug 10 with 4227 viewstextbackup

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:03 - Aug 10 by PrideOfTheEast

He looks a very good player from the little I've seen. Does make you wonder what somebody like Davis is going to be worth with a season at this level.

Few of them isn’t there, Davis, Wolf, Hirst, Chaplin… if they/us have a good season the values just go through the roof!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 4155 viewssuffolkpoker

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:06 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Few of them isn’t there, Davis, Wolf, Hirst, Chaplin… if they/us have a good season the values just go through the roof!

you can add Walton and Clarke to that list. Interesting times...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 4153 viewsElderGrizzly

And we’d rightly sell them too.

It’s what we always did successfully, we just need to replace with good quality and not the Evans cut-price cast offs.

I’m sure they are looking at clubs like Brighton as a recruit and sell club and the values they have made in the last few years
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:12 - Aug 10 with 4115 viewsSharkey

I wonder if F.C.Guernsey see any of that.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 4036 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Brilliant signing for Bournemouth.

Will be worth double that in a couple years time.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:18 - Aug 10 with 4030 viewsitfcsuth

There is certainly significant value in some of our players - a strong season in the Championship then that value will significantly increase.

Davis for example should not be sold for anything less than £15M.
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:20 - Aug 10 with 3991 viewsLankHenners

Very highly rated, believed to be someone that will outgrow Bournemouth and that price tag before too long.

Another good season out of Davis and he'll be gone for a 'silly' amount as well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:44 - Aug 10 with 3740 viewsjayessess

Yes and no?

Thing with Scott is that he's 19, so most of that £25m is a bet on his future development. If everything goes to plan there's almost certainly a future sale to an elite club for double that down the line. You aren't going to get that same mark-up with players who are even a couple of years older than that.

Any of those would need to have outstanding seasons to be worth an 8-figure fee. OTOH someone like Humphreys or Baggott would probably need to do far less to worth that kind of money...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 3084 viewsyorkshireblue

With respect, they are all a very different kettle of fish… a 19 year old Championship stand out. Championship Young Player of the Year, clubs player of the year, Euro under 19 winner….
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 17:59 - Aug 10 with 3028 viewsElephantintheRoom

In case you hadn’t noticed Town ARE the same franchise sold to Hargreaves at Bristol City.

The thing you have to factor in are wages paid to duds as well as the rare successes that can be sold at a profit. For example if the franchise sold a player for £25 million today it covers the last two years’ losses whilst losing a high value asset. The losses of £1 million a month will continue. In other words it makes them nothing

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 18:07 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsblueislander

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:12 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

No chance I’m afraid.
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 18:08 - Aug 10 with 2926 viewsjp_itfc

He's a fantastic player, massive loss. Midtable finish for them.
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 21:34 - Aug 10 with 2527 viewsRadlett_blue

Alex Scott is 19 & has already played 2 full seasons in the Championship. He could be the next Jude Bellingham. Leif Davis is 23 & at a different stage of development. Yes, he could well become a PL player, but let's not confuse apples & oranges.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 07:35 - Aug 11 with 2016 viewsNthQldITFC

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:12 - Aug 10 by Sharkey

Hopefully. That would spell the end of the 'jumpers for goalposts' era, Ron.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 07:53 - Aug 11 with 1959 viewswkj

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 17:59 - Aug 10 by ElephantintheRoom

In case you hadn’t noticed Town ARE the same franchise sold to Hargreaves at Bristol City.

The thing you have to factor in are wages paid to duds as well as the rare successes that can be sold at a profit. For example if the franchise sold a player for £25 million today it covers the last two years’ losses whilst losing a high value asset. The losses of £1 million a month will continue. In other words it makes them nothing

So, what you're saying is that Ipswich now has a sustainable transfer policy in place? Wonderful! COYB

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 08:03 - Aug 11 with 1906 viewsStewart27

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 17:59 - Aug 10 by ElephantintheRoom

So the business model is good. We have a lot to be thankful for.

As opposed to buying 30+ year old has beens on a free with high wages and no sell on value. Which left us with an owner who then had to plug the debt every year because of his complete negligence with regards to the running of the club.
Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 08:04 - Aug 11 with 1892 viewshoppy

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:10 - Aug 10 by ElderGrizzly

And we’d rightly sell them too.

It’s what we always did successfully, we just need to replace with good quality and not the Evans cut-price cast offs.

I’m sure they are looking at clubs like Brighton as a recruit and sell club and the values they have made in the last few years

Remembering where Brighton were not so long ago, and now selling a player for £110 million, that’s not really surprising.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 08:53 - Aug 11 with 1759 viewstractordownsouth

Bristol City sell Scott for £25m on 14:18 - Aug 10 by itfcsuth

There is certainly significant value in some of our players - a strong season in the Championship then that value will significantly increase.

Davis for example should not be sold for anything less than £15M.

There's probably no bigger Leif Davis fan on this forum than me but even after a good season in the Championship we wouldn't be getting £15m, or probably anywhere close to that.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024