Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Record Goalscorers 10:11 - Sep 10 with 2403 viewsKeno

Jason Dozzell is 10th on that list with 72

I wonder if Chappers could be here long enough to overtake him?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town Record Goalscorers on 10:29 - Sep 10 with 2331 viewsBigCommon

It's possible that both Chappers and Ladapo could overtake him, should we stay in the Championship for 2 or 3 seasons.
Town Record Goalscorers on 10:34 - Sep 10 with 2318 viewsChurchman

Chaplin might well overtake Dozzell. I think he will score a fair few goals this season.

Jason’s record is excellent. I’d never really appreciated what a long career he had with us. Over 400 appearances. He always looked languid, but he really wasn’t. Top player.
Town Record Goalscorers on 12:21 - Sep 10 with 2177 viewsbilllm

Town Record Goalscorers on 10:34 - Sep 10 by Churchman

Chaplin might well overtake Dozzell. I think he will score a fair few goals this season.

Jason’s record is excellent. I’d never really appreciated what a long career he had with us. Over 400 appearances. He always looked languid, but he really wasn’t. Top player.

Saw him many times agree,
He was a very good player,
Town Record Goalscorers on 12:25 - Sep 10 with 2164 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Town Record Goalscorers on 10:34 - Sep 10 by Churchman

Dozzells record is more impressive in that his goals were scored in the top two divisions, if hadn’t left to join his boyhood club Spurs, he’d have broken the top five I’d guess. He also looked good when he came back, did he fall out with Burley?
Town Record Goalscorers on 17:23 - Sep 10 with 1895 viewsDarkBrandon

Town Record Goalscorers on 12:25 - Sep 10 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Dozzells record is more impressive in that his goals were scored in the top two divisions, if hadn’t left to join his boyhood club Spurs, he’d have broken the top five I’d guess. He also looked good when he came back, did he fall out with Burley?

He did. He went out on the lash after the team lost, and Burley shifted him on.

His goal scoring record is distorted somewhat because he had a very lengthy dry spell without finding the back of the net. From memory it was a year or so, but maybe it can’t have been.
Town Record Goalscorers on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 1887 viewsgainsboroughblue

Town Record Goalscorers on 17:23 - Sep 10 by DarkBrandon

His goal scoring record is distorted somewhat because he had a very lengthy dry spell without finding the back of the net. From memory it was a year or so, but maybe it can’t have been.

He did. I can remember Motty remarking on it during commentary of the Cup tie v Man Utd in 87-88. I think he scored a solitary goal in 86-87 and hadn't found the net up till that point in 87-88.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:21 - Sep 10 with 1755 viewsDaninthecampo

Thats a depressing stat! Dozzell in 97 and Wark 96 are the most recent players in the top 10, Chappers is on 42 in a smidge over 2 seasons.
Who's scored the most goals for us this millennium? I can only find an all-time top 10
Town Record Goalscorers on 19:24 - Sep 10 with 1744 viewsBlueRaider

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:21 - Sep 10 by Daninthecampo

Thats a depressing stat! Dozzell in 97 and Wark 96 are the most recent players in the top 10, Chappers is on 42 in a smidge over 2 seasons.
Who's scored the most goals for us this millennium? I can only find an all-time top 10

Best guess would be Daryl Murphy ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Login to get fewer ads

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:29 - Sep 10 with 1734 viewsDaninthecampo

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:24 - Sep 10 by BlueRaider

I thought this and it said 40 something but just looked on another site and says 67, so I'm assuming it is Daryl
Town Record Goalscorers on 20:15 - Sep 10 with 1664 viewsTrequartista

Town Record Goalscorers on 17:23 - Sep 10 by DarkBrandon

I think he played a full season in the old Division Two scoring 1 goal on the last game of the season under John Duncan.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Town Record Goalscorers on 20:50 - Sep 10 with 1589 viewsMiaow

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:29 - Sep 10 by Daninthecampo

I thought this and it said 40 something but just looked on another site and says 67, so I'm assuming it is Daryl

I think the best place to trust would be here:

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=topScorers40Plus

I used that list as the source for a quiz I made on all players to score 50+ goals for ITFC.

Also, didn't that website used to be tmwmtt.com? And does anybody know what that stood for?

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Town Record Goalscorers on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 1584 viewsnodge_blue

I think thats a reflection that players dont hand around for season after season. Marcus stewart would easily have been right up there with another couple of seasons.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Town Record Goalscorers on 21:06 - Sep 10 with 1561 viewsEiffel78

Town Record Goalscorers on 20:50 - Sep 10 by Miaow

I used that list as the source for a quiz I made on all players to score 50+ goals for ITFC.

Also, didn't that website used to be tmwmtt.com? And does anybody know what that stood for?

Didn't it stand for The Men Who Made The Town?
Town Record Goalscorers on 21:38 - Sep 10 with 1508 viewsMiaow

Town Record Goalscorers on 21:06 - Sep 10 by Eiffel78

Didn't it stand for The Men Who Made The Town?

That must be it!

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Town Record Goalscorers on 00:22 - Sep 11 with 1342 viewsKropotkin123

Town Record Goalscorers on 20:50 - Sep 10 by Miaow

Insane that Marcus Stewart isn't on that list. No Dalian Atkinson either.

Any other top quality strikers that aren't on the list?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Town Record Goalscorers on 09:24 - Sep 11 with 1165 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Town Record Goalscorers on 00:22 - Sep 11 by Kropotkin123

Insane that Marcus Stewart isn't on that list. No Dalian Atkinson either.

Any other top quality strikers that aren't on the list?

Stewart only scored 27 for us. He just wasn't here long enough.

A few games to get us promoted, A stunning season in the Prem, followed by one where we imploded, before he was sold to Sunderland he actually played more games for Sunderland than for us.

Similar might be said of Atkinson.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town Record Goalscorers on 11:11 - Sep 11 with 1054 viewsmonty_radio

Town Record Goalscorers on 12:21 - Sep 10 by billlm

Saw him many times agree,
He was a very good player,

If he had never scored at all he would still have been worth a place for his creative build-up play - the original wall-pass player when alongside Kiwomya in particular.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Town Record Goalscorers on 11:38 - Sep 11 with 1010 viewsMedwayTractor

Town Record Goalscorers on 19:24 - Sep 10 by BlueRaider

I've no doubt that Murph would have been comfortably in the top 10 if McCarthy had picked him to play in cup games. We never got past the third round of the FA Cup and just twice beyond the first round of the League Cup in McCarthy's 5 years at Town, albeit Murph left 2 years before McCarthy.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Town Record Goalscorers on 11:49 - Sep 11 with 983 viewsMookamoo

Chaplin is only 2 behind the mighty Micky Stockwell

I know played a lot of games, but a fair few from right back. I hadn't appreciated he had scored 44.

He was bloody great.
Town Record Goalscorers on 12:08 - Sep 11 with 955 viewsMedwayTractor

Post 2000 top ten goalscorers are:

67 - Daryl Murphy
61 - Pablo Counago
55 - Darren Bent
48 - Tommy Miller
45 - David McGoldrick
42 - Conor Chaplin
37 - Marcus Stewart
34 - Alan Lee
34 - Freddie Sears
32= - Shefki Kuqi
32= - Jonathan Walters

Another season like the last for Conor Chaplin will see him top of this list. Here's hoping!

The list doesn't include those who scored most of their goals pre-2000, such as David Johnson (62 goals), Matt Holland (45) and Richard Naylor (40).

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024