Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently we won the league last night 16:27 - Oct 4 with 3898 viewsDBaldy

And are getting a bit cocky, according to some Ipswich-based mates of mine who support Prem teams.

They didn't like that we had Ed Sheeran in the changing room after the game, with the team apparently cracking open a few beers (I didn't see that on the various social media clips?) and acting like we'd won a trophy.

Not sure I saw too much of that myself, although clearly I'm biased.

Thoughts?
Apparently we won the league last night on 16:31 - Oct 4 with 3047 viewstextbackup

Tell them, as I’m telling anyone else, to fck off.

We’ve had decades of utter sht. Sht players, sht owner, sht managers, watching sht football. No direction, no hope.

If we can have a few moments of joy in the good times when can we?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:34 - Oct 4 with 3002 viewsITFC_Forever

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:31 - Oct 4 by textbackup

We’ve had decades of utter sht. Sht players, sht owner, sht managers, watching sht football. No direction, no hope.

How dare we enjoy a good performance and the visit of our club sponsor to meet the players?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:36 - Oct 4 with 2985 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'd probably feel the same outside looking in but from where I'm standing my thoughts we be to tell em to ferk off and let us enjoy our moment . Life's too short innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:38 - Oct 4 with 2964 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Get better mates.
Apparently we won the league last night on 16:38 - Oct 4 with 2941 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players have a beer when ever we win. Same with all clubs.

It was a bit of fun.

Everyone at club has said game by game.

What they are seeing is a club and its fans enjoying the moment. A moment that can change very quickly. So why not enjoy it as it happens.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:40 - Oct 4 with 2940 viewsSteve_M

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:38 - Oct 4 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Get better mates.

Says it all: "Ipswich-based mates of mine who support Prem teams."

If they're anything like half the people my age who did that, they spend every moment telling everyone how crap Ipswich are which was why they jumped on the gloryhunting bandwagon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:43 - Oct 4 with 2913 viewsKropotkin123

They clearly didn't see Exeter, if they think the clip with Ed Sheeran was celebrating like we won a trophy.

If they live in Ipswich and support a premiership team, it's time they grew up.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:44 - Oct 4 with 2908 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Mixed feelings...

+ to be fair he is our sponsor
+ we have come a long way in a short time, enjoy!

- nothing to celebrate yet, out and out winners like Ferguson, Keane etc wouldn't allow it.
- it is a little cringey
Login to get fewer ads

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:44 - Oct 4 with 2900 viewsSomethingBlue

They sound really weird I'm afraid.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:50 - Oct 4 with 2838 viewstrncbluearmy

and support their local team
Apparently we won the league last night on 16:50 - Oct 4 with 2840 views_clive_baker_

Pretty sure they're celebrating winning the game, nothing more. Happens in changing rooms up and down the country after a win. As McKenna said, it's important to enjoy the successes when they come, but no doubt they'll already be thinking about Preston on Saturday.

You don't cultivate a squad of players that wants and thrives on more success without recognising them and enjoying them when they do come.

So feck 'em
Apparently we won the league last night on 16:52 - Oct 4 with 2812 viewsFrimleyBlue

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:50 - Oct 4 by _clive_baker_

Pretty sure they're celebrating winning the game, nothing more. Happens in changing rooms up and down the country after a win. As McKenna said, it's important to enjoy the successes when they come, but no doubt they'll already be thinking about Preston on Saturday.

You don't cultivate a squad of players that wants and thrives on more success without recognising them and enjoying them when they do come.

So feck 'em

Also
Wasn't that long ago we had players who didn't care if we win lost or drew a game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:58 - Oct 4 with 2761 viewsMattinLondon

Firstly - who cares what other club favs think. Secondly, if any of your mates are Man U or Chelsea fans, laugh in their faces.
Apparently we won the league last night on 17:05 - Oct 4 with 2710 viewsDBaldy

That was basically my response.

They do agree we're playing better football & are moving in the right direction, but we haven't won anything yet.

As suggested further down this page I might need some new mates.
Apparently we won the league last night on 17:13 - Oct 4 with 2676 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:40 - Oct 4 by Steve_M

Says it all: "Ipswich-based mates of mine who support Prem teams."

If they're anything like half the people my age who did that, they spend every moment telling everyone how crap Ipswich are which was why they jumped on the gloryhunting bandwagon.

There's a load of lads round here in their 40's(and occasional 50's) who I've seen go from being Liverpool, to Man U, to Arsenal, to Chelsea to Man City fans.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 17:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently we won the league last night on 17:33 - Oct 4 with 2559 viewsFtnfwest

They just sang a song didn’t they? Frankly I’m just enjoying the club having a team that’s playing this well, I haven’t even thought that much about where we’ll end up tbh. I’d still take top half and beating Nodge twice in all honesty.
Does make me laugh about ‘bubbles bursting’ etc. It is a great run of form but the positive approach and atmosphere has been the since the start of the McKenna era, mainly because what went before was so awful for so long.
Apparently we won the league last night on 17:36 - Oct 4 with 2543 viewsgainsboroughblue

I stopped reading at 'Ipswich based mates who support Prem teams'

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Apparently we won the league last night on 17:36 - Oct 4 with 2543 viewsBlueOura

It was a bit cringey but I have no major problem with it. KM and this squad are way too grounded to be celebrating anything other than the victory on the night,

I find in general that the people that complain most about this type of thing are those that achieve very little in life. These people usually try to shout down anybody that does acheive to make themselves feel a little better.

Feck em.
Apparently we won the league last night on 17:40 - Oct 4 with 2512 viewsBluespeed225

Plus he was being awarded his medal that his honorary squad number allows. Think he’s been out of the country since before start of season?
Apparently we won the league last night on 17:50 - Oct 4 with 2456 viewsLancsBlue

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:58 - Oct 4 by MattinLondon

Firstly - who cares what other club favs think. Secondly, if any of your mates are Man U or Chelsea fans, laugh in their faces.

Absolutely. There was a ranting southern Man Utd fan on Talksport recently. The gist of what he was saying amounted to " I've been glory hunting for 10 years but I've not had any glory - it's not fair". I hate these armchair Prem fans, and we all know plenty of them, that laugh at real football fans, that actually go and support real teams.

Saw a great picture on Facebook recently of a young boy watching a lower league match with the caption "Don't let your children grow up thinking that football is a television programme". Spot on.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Apparently we won the league last night on 17:53 - Oct 4 with 2407 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The celebration police are the worst people on football and clearly don't go to games.

We deserve to enjoy this.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Apparently we won the league last night on 18:05 - Oct 4 with 2360 viewsHighgateBlue

Nobody has said we've won the league, or even that we're going to. And given that Leicester are pretty much even money to win the league, we would be wise for it to remain that way. One win at a time, we'll be top six, I'm pretty sure, and anything more than that is a huge bonus. And we are allowed to enjoy our wins along the way, as are our players, especially given that that Sheeran chap dyed his hair in honour of the travelling Hull kit.
Apparently we won the league last night on 18:06 - Oct 4 with 2354 viewsChurchman

Apparently we won the league last night on 16:44 - Oct 4 by Blue_In_Boston

Mixed feelings...

+ to be fair he is our sponsor
+ we have come a long way in a short time, enjoy!

- nothing to celebrate yet, out and out winners like Ferguson, Keane etc wouldn't allow it.
- it is a little cringey

What Ferguson might or might not have allowed I’ve no idea. But Keane? He might have been an ‘out and out winner’ as a player, but as a manager he stank the place out, so what he might or might not have allowed is pretty irrelevant.

There’s nothing wrong with with last night. Something a little different for the players and nice for Sheeran who’s a ‘real’ supporter and done a lot for this club.

As for people who follow big clubs and live the other side of the country, fine. They can glory hunt all they like but their views on us and any other non-big six club is of no consequence as far as I’m concerned.

As it goes, what’s been happening at Ipswich is special after years of being the most miserable, decaying club in the country. The supporters who’ve endured those times deserve some good and all the optimism that goes with that.
Apparently we won the league last night on 18:10 - Oct 4 with 2319 viewsHeathlander

On a similar theme, I've seen it being called tinpot. I hate the term tinpot. What does that actually mean? It's a bit of fun, with a global superstar who loves his club.

It's not too different from Wrexham and their Hollywood chums. Actually it's very different. I've lost my train of thought. Nothing to see here, move on.

Uppa Towen Uppa Ed Uppa Witches.
Apparently we won the league last night on 18:16 - Oct 4 with 2289 viewsyesjohn99

Corrrrr, bet they watch all their games on the TV. Real supporters those friends of yours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024