Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while 16:54 - Jan 24 with 6300 viewsIllinoisblue

But now enjoying their excellence again: Choke by The Beautiful South.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:00 - Jan 24 with 3304 viewsBlueBadger

'Giant Steps' by the Boo Radleys.

Absolute masterpiece.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:01 - Jan 24 with 3297 viewshoppy

Gene - Olympian

James - Gold Mother

both of those have had a bit of a play recently, having not listened to either of them for a while.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 3284 viewsCopfordBlue

Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:05 - Jan 24 with 3276 viewsMattinLondon

Modern Life Is Rubbish - blur.

A brilliant album undervalued in comparison to a lot of their other work.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:06 - Jan 24 with 3257 viewsStevieH

Troublegum by Therapy?
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:06 - Jan 24 with 3254 viewsBlueschev

Liquid Swords. Going to see GZA in February, can't wait.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:10 - Jan 24 with 3238 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Suede and Dog Man Star, by Suede.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:17 - Jan 24 with 3208 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The La's, just wish there was more than one album.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Login to get fewer ads

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:21 - Jan 24 with 3192 viewsDubtractor

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:04 - Jan 24 by CopfordBlue

Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins

One of my all time top 5 albums - so I've definitely not needed to rediscover it!

Shame that the quality dropped off a cliff after it. :(

For me, due to some sort of unintended musical snobbery (still loved them, but just didn't listen to them), I'd not listened to Nevermind or In Utero by Nirvana for a fair while, but had a bit of a Nirvana binge again a few months back, and they stand up so well even 30 years later.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:24 - Jan 24 with 3180 viewsgainsboroughblue

My Bloody Valentine- Loveless
FoxBase Alpha- St Etienne
Dirty- Sonic Youth
New Wave- Auteurs

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:28 - Jan 24 with 3157 viewshoppy

The Seahorses - Do It Yourself

(and their unreleased 2nd album, which is also very good)...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:45 - Jan 24 with 3116 viewsCrayonKing

The Almighty - Powertrippin'
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:49 - Jan 24 with 3107 viewsfactual_blue

Now That's What I Call Music Vol 19.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 18:07 - Jan 24 with 3050 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Temple of the dog - temple of the dog
Pearl jam -ten
Alice in Chains -dirt
Metallica - black album
Levellers - levelling the land
Terrorvision - how to make friends and influence people
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 18:14 - Jan 24 with 3019 viewsCBBlue

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:01 - Jan 24 by hoppy

Gene - Olympian

James - Gold Mother

both of those have had a bit of a play recently, having not listened to either of them for a while.

Have an uppy for Olympian, Gene are a criminally under-rated band.

Uppy also given to whoever it was that said St Ettiene

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 2958 viewsDubtractor

Two slightly more obscure ones that I was recently listening to, and still sound great.

Blaggers ITA - Bad Karma
Compulsion - The Future is Medium

Pop trivia - Compulsion's guitarist was Jacknife Lee, who has gone on to be some kind of megaproducer subsequently. As wikipedia says:

Garret "Jacknife" Lee is an Irish music producer and mixer. He has worked with a variety of artists, including the Cars, U2, R.E.M., the Killers, Robbie Williams, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party, Two Door Cinema Club, AFI, the Hives, Weezer, One Direction, Silversun Pickups, Editors, Modest Mouse, Lonnie Holley, and Taylor Swift.
[Post edited 24 Jan 19:29]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:31 - Jan 24 with 2940 viewsITFC_Forever

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 18:07 - Jan 24 by Bury_St_Edmundson

Temple of the dog - temple of the dog
Pearl jam -ten
Alice in Chains -dirt
Metallica - black album
Levellers - levelling the land
Terrorvision - how to make friends and influence people

Levellers never left for me….

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:33 - Jan 24 with 2943 viewsPhilTWTD

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:29 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

Two slightly more obscure ones that I was recently listening to, and still sound great.

Blaggers ITA - Bad Karma
Compulsion - The Future is Medium

Pop trivia - Compulsion's guitarist was Jacknife Lee, who has gone on to be some kind of megaproducer subsequently. As wikipedia says:

Garret "Jacknife" Lee is an Irish music producer and mixer. He has worked with a variety of artists, including the Cars, U2, R.E.M., the Killers, Robbie Williams, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party, Two Door Cinema Club, AFI, the Hives, Weezer, One Direction, Silversun Pickups, Editors, Modest Mouse, Lonnie Holley, and Taylor Swift.
[Post edited 24 Jan 19:29]

We saw Blaggers ITA in Hull and my mate accidentally stole a T-shirt from them - bloke on the merch desk gave him two rather than one - which we felt is just what they would have wanted.

I've been listening to For Dancing And Listening by G 'N' W a fair bit lately.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:40 - Jan 24 with 2918 viewsDubtractor

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:33 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

We saw Blaggers ITA in Hull and my mate accidentally stole a T-shirt from them - bloke on the merch desk gave him two rather than one - which we felt is just what they would have wanted.

I've been listening to For Dancing And Listening by G 'N' W a fair bit lately.

I'll share to you, as you'll be one that remembers them, but I still like the John Wark album by Elmerhassel. (also from the early 90s).

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:51 - Jan 24 with 2864 viewsthebooks

Levitate by The Fall
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:54 - Jan 24 with 2855 viewsPhilTWTD

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:40 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I'll share to you, as you'll be one that remembers them, but I still like the John Wark album by Elmerhassel. (also from the early 90s).

I'm sure Clive would be delighted if he happens to read this. I prefer Honour Your Partners but not listened to it for some while. Will have to get a digital version.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 19:56 - Jan 24 with 2845 viewsandytown

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:24 - Jan 24 by gainsboroughblue

My Bloody Valentine- Loveless
FoxBase Alpha- St Etienne
Dirty- Sonic Youth
New Wave- Auteurs

+1 for St Etienne Fox Base Alpha
Happiness The Beloved
Mind Bomb The The (although 1989 I think)
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:12 - Jan 24 with 2794 viewspistolpete

Power of Dreams: Immigrants, Emigrants and Me
Electronic: Electronic
New Order: Republic
Aztec Camera: Stay
Manic Street Preachers: Generation Terrorists
Nirvana: Nevermind
Foo Fighters: The Colour & The Shape
Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine: 30 Something
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:13 - Jan 24 with 2794 viewsDBaldy

These are albums that I should listen to again but haven't done for years:

0+2=1 - No Means No
Flinch - Citizen Fish
Red Medicine - Fugazi
Stacked Up - Senser

Loved all of them back in the day.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:19 - Jan 24 with 2773 viewsDubtractor

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:13 - Jan 24 by DBaldy

These are albums that I should listen to again but haven't done for years:

0+2=1 - No Means No
Flinch - Citizen Fish
Red Medicine - Fugazi
Stacked Up - Senser

Loved all of them back in the day.

I don't know the first 2, but the Fugazi and Senser albums are/were ace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024