Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? 15:01 - Jan 25 with 2105 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lady Dollers has never been that interested in football (despite having a nephew in Villa's under 15s) but she actually watches TownTV matches with me now, sings the songs (sort of - she amusingly ends the Massimo song with "Will we ever win the league?" and regularly gets the positions wrong, like "Chappers at the back") and has even described KM as "hot".

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:05 - Jan 25 with 1726 viewsbelgablue

Not in the slightest but she does watch replays of goals that I show her. Wasn't too impressed with my celebration midweek though - said she thought I was in a struggle with an intruder.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:07 - Jan 25 with 1709 viewsbaxterbasics

Other half, no.

My teenage son though has converted from Man U to fully fledged Towen fan, thank heavens. Even requested a Hirst shirt for Christmas.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:09 - Jan 25 with 1700 viewsHelp

No but she does like Kieran. Good looking apparently
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:10 - Jan 25 with 1695 viewsITFC_Forever

Wife takes a slightly more passing interest, but that's from a very low base.

14 yr old daughter has been the biggest turnaround. From saying ITFC stands for Ipswich Town Fail Club, she went to a few home games last season (Forest Green, Portsmouth and Exeter), and now her and her friend are full on ST holders in the Sir Alf Upper and absolutely love it.

I'm sure as soon as we go back to normal, she'll be the first to jump off the bandwagon, but for now it's a refreshing change.

18 yr old daughter works at the club on match day when she is home from uni, but while she looks for our results (and has a home shirt), you couldn't really call her a fan.

That was my biggest sadness under ME - the fact there was nothing for youngsters of the last 20 years to get interested in. Other than the ones who were dragged along by their parents, none of them went.
[Post edited 25 Jan 15:28]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:11 - Jan 25 with 1692 viewshype313

Nope, my missis has a visceral hatred of football, as her local supermarket growing up was Sainsbury's at Selhurst Park (not sure if still there) and hated having to navigate the crowds for her weekly shop. She was instantly put off and has never shown any interest since.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:13 - Jan 25 with 1671 viewsChurchman

Not really. Mrs C has always been very sport orientated and taken an interest in just about all of them bar motor racing, boxing and darts.

Football wise, her family are all from Leicester and always followed their progress without being as engaged as her father, brother and cousins. But knowing me she’s got more into it. Not passionate but she’s still had a season ticket in the past and attended games with my dad if I was away. She still has the scores come up on her phone, along with cricket, tennis and the Minnesota Vikings NFL team.

So her conversion to ITFC was and is present but lukewarm, pre dating KM and that will never change. She still keeps an eye on Leicester’s scores, but more to be aware of what’s happening if her brother drones on about them.
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:13 - Jan 25 with 1675 viewsSamWhiteUK

"Chappers at the back" is cute tbh, at least she's trying

And no, I don't mean I think Chappers is cute. I know what you lot are like 🙄
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:14 - Jan 25 with 1668 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:11 - Jan 25 by hype313

Nope, my missis has a visceral hatred of football, as her local supermarket growing up was Sainsbury's at Selhurst Park (not sure if still there) and hated having to navigate the crowds for her weekly shop. She was instantly put off and has never shown any interest since.

The supermarket is indeed still there, I popped in the other day. So weird having a national supermarket chain literally bolted onto the side of a football stadium, a Premier League one at that.

The easy answer is to go shopping on a non match day!

Login to get fewer ads

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:14 - Jan 25 with 1668 viewshype313

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:13 - Jan 25 by SamWhiteUK

"Chappers at the back" is cute tbh, at least she's trying

And no, I don't mean I think Chappers is cute. I know what you lot are like 🙄

Unless that's what she wants

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 1658 viewshype313

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:14 - Jan 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

The supermarket is indeed still there, I popped in the other day. So weird having a national supermarket chain literally bolted onto the side of a football stadium, a Premier League one at that.

That's what I said, but she still won't have it. Surely it's not open on a matchday is it?

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:16 - Jan 25 with 1656 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:14 - Jan 25 by hype313

Unless that's what she wants

No, my wife has had.... on 15:19 - Jan 25 with 1621 viewsBloots

...a season ticket for 17 years and knows all the correct words to the songs.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 1592 views_clive_baker_

Not really. My wife played hockey, that was her thing, and she's Irish so her family are all mad into rugby.

She does check the scores though, but I think that's more to know if I'm going to come in and kick the cat*.

*disclosure: I would never kick a cat
** don't even have one. Dogs are better innit.
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:29 - Jan 25 with 1552 viewsMetal_Hacker

After holidaying in Egypt last Summer and chatting to some local waiters about football , Town and the wonders of Sam Morsy Mrs Hacker has a very vague knowledge and interest

Think the interstate is more so when they are on Sky I feel off to the man cave and she watches what she wants - makes for a happy relationship I spose

Poll: If it were one or the other

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:30 - Jan 25 with 1536 viewsDanTheMan

Yes, as it happens. She wasn't overly interested in watching with me before but this year she's sat and watched all the matches I have. I guess she was a Forest fan before but I don't think she ever followed them.

Watching her sit watching through her hands whilst we pass around the back is quite funny. She's still not used to it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:31 - Jan 25 with 1531 viewsitfcjoe

Mrs itfcjoe now has a ST, think it is as much to do with our kids being into it though although they are amount my eldest in particular is in to it must be down to KM and basically winning every game that he can now remember

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:32 - Jan 25 with 1518 viewsHullblue

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:13 - Jan 25 by Churchman

Not really. Mrs C has always been very sport orientated and taken an interest in just about all of them bar motor racing, boxing and darts.

Football wise, her family are all from Leicester and always followed their progress without being as engaged as her father, brother and cousins. But knowing me she’s got more into it. Not passionate but she’s still had a season ticket in the past and attended games with my dad if I was away. She still has the scores come up on her phone, along with cricket, tennis and the Minnesota Vikings NFL team.

So her conversion to ITFC was and is present but lukewarm, pre dating KM and that will never change. She still keeps an eye on Leicester’s scores, but more to be aware of what’s happening if her brother drones on about them.

Would have thought she'd be more interested now if she's dating KM.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 1401 viewsGeomorph

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:14 - Jan 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

Burnden Park in Bolton (rather than Horwich...) used to have an Asda (or was it Tesco?) attached to one end
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:04 - Jan 25 with 1377 viewsFunge

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 15:10 - Jan 25 by ITFC_Forever

Wife takes a slightly more passing interest, but that's from a very low base.

14 yr old daughter has been the biggest turnaround. From saying ITFC stands for Ipswich Town Fail Club, she went to a few home games last season (Forest Green, Portsmouth and Exeter), and now her and her friend are full on ST holders in the Sir Alf Upper and absolutely love it.

I'm sure as soon as we go back to normal, she'll be the first to jump off the bandwagon, but for now it's a refreshing change.

18 yr old daughter works at the club on match day when she is home from uni, but while she looks for our results (and has a home shirt), you couldn't really call her a fan.

That was my biggest sadness under ME - the fact there was nothing for youngsters of the last 20 years to get interested in. Other than the ones who were dragged along by their parents, none of them went.
[Post edited 25 Jan 15:28]

Amen to your last paragraph - and, conversely, it's bloody brilliant seeing the amount of kids round town now wearing the Towun top, as opposed to the usual Big 6 guff.
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:06 - Jan 25 with 1365 viewsFrimleyBlue

She's almost there.

She now likes to watch after game Interviews and town in 5s. So that's progress

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:19 - Jan 25 with 1333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:06 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

She's almost there.

She now likes to watch after game Interviews and town in 5s. So that's progress

As if you have an other half Frimmers.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:23 - Jan 25 with 1321 viewsElderGrizzly

I hadn't realised they had made them talk and interact to TV now. Progress eh? ;)
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:30 - Jan 25 with 1297 viewstextbackup

Mine has watched every games this season, home and away (from the living room) even to the point where I had to walk the dog and missed kick off one week!
And she’s coming to millwall away 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:39 - Jan 25 with 1251 viewsyorkshireblue

She prefers Danny Rohl and was enjoying foorball a lot more this time last year.
Any of your other halves been converted to football/Ipswich by Kieran McKenna? on 16:45 - Jan 25 with 1241 viewsMeadowlark

No.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024