Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) 10:42 - Jan 26 with 5289 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:29 - Jan 26 with 1261 viewsRobTheMonk

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:27 - Jan 26 by textbackup

Cheers, crying now

Depends if we go up.
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:35 - Jan 26 with 1229 viewsSitfcB

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 10:47 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

De Zerbi to Liverpool ....

McKenna to Brighton.

Don’t ffs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:39 - Jan 26 with 1222 viewsAlexITFC3

Interesting to see that Klopp's assistant Pepijn Lijnders will be leaving in the summer too, and he wants to go into management himself.
So we could potentially see:
De Zerbi -> Liverpool
McKenna -> Brighton
Lijnders -> Ipswich?
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 26 with 1191 viewsbazza

McKenna to Brighton.

Why would he take a step down? I think people underestimate where this club is heading. Whether we manage it this season or not, I can’t see McKenna leaving for less than a top 6 club.. and I mean in size not current league position.. and I don’t believe he would leave without getting the club established in the prem first either.
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:47 - Jan 26 with 1185 viewsKieran_Knows

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 26 by bazza

Why would he take a step down? I think people underestimate where this club is heading. Whether we manage it this season or not, I can’t see McKenna leaving for less than a top 6 club.. and I mean in size not current league position.. and I don’t believe he would leave without getting the club established in the prem first either.

You think Brighton are a step down from us, at this moment in time?

Let's take those rose tinted glasses off, shall we?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:50 - Jan 26 with 1158 viewsHerbivore

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:47 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

If we don't go up then it's a move that would be a real risk to us for sure. If we go up, I'm less convinced. Brighton are ahead of us clearly but in terms of ceiling as a Prem club they are pretty much at theirs, and I suspect McKenna might prefer to establish us as a Brighton level side with a view to trying to push beyond that. If he gets close to achieving that then bigger clubs than Brighton will come calling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:50 - Jan 26 with 1160 viewsbazza

In terms of our potential 100%
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:53 - Jan 26 with 1144 viewsburnbudgiesburn

It's not a step down, but I agree with your other points.

Brightons ceiling has already pretty much been hit imho - there is not much more for him to do there to enhance his reputation.

I only see him leaving for a traditionally big club, like the current big 6 or teams like Villa / Everton

I don't see teams like say Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford havign any more pulling power.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:00 - Jan 26 with 1121 viewsKieran_Knows

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 11:50 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

If we don't go up then it's a move that would be a real risk to us for sure. If we go up, I'm less convinced. Brighton are ahead of us clearly but in terms of ceiling as a Prem club they are pretty much at theirs, and I suspect McKenna might prefer to establish us as a Brighton level side with a view to trying to push beyond that. If he gets close to achieving that then bigger clubs than Brighton will come calling.

I don't disagree with that, but this notion that Brighton aren't a step up from us is just ludicrous IMHO.

Which makes these next 6 days in the transfer market even more testing as we have this once in a generation manager on the cusp of doing something absolutely incredible. And whilst I wouldn't want us to go break any FFP or P&S rules, we need to push them as close as possibly can to get this season over the line. We can't come this far and have another 14/15 moment (not that I think were close to that at the minute).

Otherwise we will be in real danger of losing him, and without doubt Brighton will be seen as a (massive) step up from us given the infrastructure and like they have in place (one I would imagine we're aspiring to get close to, or even go further in the not to distant future).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:09 - Jan 26 with 1079 viewsElderGrizzly

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 10:50 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

I think as mentioned on another thread, if Xabi Alonso carries on the way he is a Bayer 04 this season and they win the title, I'd almost say he is a shoe in for the job.

The way Klopp's interview comes across sounds as though they want that person appointed/identified asap, so they might have to take a 'punt' on Alonso sooner than the end of the season
[Post edited 26 Jan 12:10]
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:14 - Jan 26 with 1046 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brighton aren't a step down obviously but I do take your point. We've created this narrative that if we don't go up he'll be off, but he signed a new contract at the start of the season when, by his own admission, we weren't expecting to be competing for promotion.

I don't think he'll go anywhere, I think he wants to get us in the Prem and then keep us there, THEN he might go.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 26 with 1041 viewsburnbudgiesburn

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:00 - Jan 26 by Kieran_Knows

I don't disagree with that, but this notion that Brighton aren't a step up from us is just ludicrous IMHO.

Which makes these next 6 days in the transfer market even more testing as we have this once in a generation manager on the cusp of doing something absolutely incredible. And whilst I wouldn't want us to go break any FFP or P&S rules, we need to push them as close as possibly can to get this season over the line. We can't come this far and have another 14/15 moment (not that I think were close to that at the minute).

Otherwise we will be in real danger of losing him, and without doubt Brighton will be seen as a (massive) step up from us given the infrastructure and like they have in place (one I would imagine we're aspiring to get close to, or even go further in the not to distant future).

People need to get over doing a '14/15' imo

Structurally, this club with McKenna or not, is now in a much better place than a decade ago whereas that season was built on sand.
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 26 with 980 viewsElephantintheRoom

More likely to go to Leeds after they lose in the play offs

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 26 with 931 viewsPinewoodblue

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Up voted on the assumption Elephant was trying to be funny.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:59 - Jan 26 with 914 viewsReus30

Reading the reaction on BBC Sport - who was the person who mentioned KM about 10 minutes ago.

Own up!
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:00 - Jan 26 with 903 viewsbazza

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:14 - Jan 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

Brighton aren't a step down obviously but I do take your point. We've created this narrative that if we don't go up he'll be off, but he signed a new contract at the start of the season when, by his own admission, we weren't expecting to be competing for promotion.

I don't think he'll go anywhere, I think he wants to get us in the Prem and then keep us there, THEN he might go.

Agree 100%
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:02 - Jan 26 with 892 viewsbazza

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:15 - Jan 26 by burnbudgiesburn

People need to get over doing a '14/15' imo

Structurally, this club with McKenna or not, is now in a much better place than a decade ago whereas that season was built on sand.

People have been beaten into submission, they believe we are little old Ipswich , plucky little Ipswich , we are not , we are a big club in size and stature and it’s time To start thinking that way again. We are on the march !!!
[Post edited 26 Jan 13:08]
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:08 - Jan 26 with 873 viewsMattinLondon

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 26 by Pinewoodblue

Up voted on the assumption Elephant was trying to be funny.

He’s not exactly noted for his sense of humour.
Hi Brian, how are you today? (n/t) on 13:09 - Jan 26 with 862 viewsBloots

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:11 - Jan 26 with 854 viewsnrb1985

No surprise - there were people on here a few weeks back saying he’d also turn down the Man United job if they came calling…

Barman, I’d like to order a glass of whatever they’re having please.
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:38 - Jan 26 with 781 viewsTrequartista

McKenna to Brighton.

That leaves Klopp without a team to manage and Ipswich without a manager.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:43 - Jan 26 with 753 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:08 - Jan 26 by MattinLondon

He’s not exactly noted for his sense of humour.

It's about as expansive as his love for ITFC.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:50 - Jan 26 with 734 viewsParky

McKenna to Brighton.

Ian Evatt to Ipswich.
McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 14:24 - Jan 26 with 684 viewsDeano69

Been there, nice for a visit but not a holiday

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 26 with 661 viewsbazza

McKenna to Liverpool in the summer? (n/t) on 13:11 - Jan 26 by nrb1985

No surprise - there were people on here a few weeks back saying he’d also turn down the Man United job if they came calling…

Barman, I’d like to order a glass of whatever they’re having please.

I doubt they were wrong, You’d have to be a masochist to Take the Man U job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024