Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? 08:28 - Feb 1 with 3695 viewsitfcjoe

Positives
Very good quality player at this level
Match fit
Will only be a short term signing until summer so doesn't hamstring us going forwards

Negatives
May have to adapt game a bit as he isn't as mobile a presser as we are used to
Will be an expensive deal

But ultimately, as we've seen - how many good, fit Championship quality number 9s are there out there? If we get Keiffer it's probably the best signing of this type any Champ club will have made this window whether we would have preferred Gallagher or not.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:37 - Feb 1 with 2811 viewsunbelievablue

He was so, so bad when he came here last time. Funny really how things turn out. I'd obviously be pleased if we got him in.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:45 - Feb 1 with 2706 viewstractorboy1978

Agreed. I think we are well into 'can't be too picky' territory now. We are very unlikely to get a clone of Hirst and just need the best possible player available to support Al-Hamadi and Jackson. Moore has several of the qualities needed and I don't see it being much of an adjustment.
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:52 - Feb 1 with 2597 viewsHerbivore

Cometh the hour, cometh the Moore.

I was unconvinced he'd be what we need when we were first linked but I've come round to the idea that actually he's a pretty good option. Experienced, physically an absolute beast, and much improved as a footballer since he was last here. In terms of a player to unsettle the opposition back 4 and create space for the 10s he looks a good fit, albeit in a different mould to Hirst. Should be good for a few goals as well and will be a threat from set pieces.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:53 - Feb 1 with 2575 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:52 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

Cometh the hour, cometh the Moore.

I was unconvinced he'd be what we need when we were first linked but I've come round to the idea that actually he's a pretty good option. Experienced, physically an absolute beast, and much improved as a footballer since he was last here. In terms of a player to unsettle the opposition back 4 and create space for the 10s he looks a good fit, albeit in a different mould to Hirst. Should be good for a few goals as well and will be a threat from set pieces.

and would've played/trained plenty with Burns and Broady.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:54 - Feb 1 with 2544 viewstractorboy1978

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:53 - Feb 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

and would've played/trained plenty with Burns and Broady.

And Morsy/Evans at Wigan. Davis at Bournemouth.
[Post edited 1 Feb 8:55]
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:54 - Feb 1 with 2542 viewsBseaBlue

Bournemouth looking at a striker from Getafe as his replacement apparently. Here is hoping we can get it done.
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:55 - Feb 1 with 2517 viewsgeg1992

He's a class player, he will score goals.

He may not be 'perfect' for our system but he's miles better than Ladapo and Jackson so I hope we get him.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:57 - Feb 1 with 2464 viewsmr_bean

Moore on?
Login to get fewer ads

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:57 - Feb 1 with 2446 viewsSheffordBlue

Dependent on them getting their own deal done apparently.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:59 - Feb 1 with 2357 viewsHerbivore

As a storyline it's pretty perfect as well. Given a break by us a decade ago, then sold off after not really being given a chance and written off as sh!t by most of our fans. Comes back all these years later and fires us to promotion (as champions for added lustre).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:01 - Feb 1 with 2298 viewsBseaBlue

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 08:59 - Feb 1 by Herbivore

As a storyline it's pretty perfect as well. Given a break by us a decade ago, then sold off after not really being given a chance and written off as sh!t by most of our fans. Comes back all these years later and fires us to promotion (as champions for added lustre).

If he comes back and scores against the scum to secure promotion, can we then truly declare the end to the banter era?
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 2268 viewsGavTWTD

I'd love him to join us. A different kind of player altogether from Hirst. The kind of player that would probably do better against teams that have 10 behind the ball and Leif would love to pick out in the box. He could well be the missing piece to the jigsaw. The deal would have to be structured to allow for FFP but either a loan or permanent could be possible?

Does FFP allow for buy now pay (now and pay) later or is it taken as a whole?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:06 - Feb 1 with 2183 viewsITFC_Forever

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:01 - Feb 1 by BseaBlue

If he comes back and scores against the scum to secure promotion, can we then truly declare the end to the banter era?

There's no way we would seal any promotion with another six games remaining.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:13 - Feb 1 with 2056 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Would be a result if we get it done and a big statement and would wrap up a pretty good window.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:14 - Feb 1 with 2029 viewsitfcsuth

I would like him.

Would be an expensive one though, as of yesterday we were way off the salary contribution Bournemouth were looking for.
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:19 - Feb 1 with 1891 viewsITFCBlues

Seems that way - Bournemouth progressing with their replacement striker.

Looks like it's heading in the right direction at least.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:20 - Feb 1 with 1866 viewsEuropablue

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:03 - Feb 1 by GavTWTD

I'd love him to join us. A different kind of player altogether from Hirst. The kind of player that would probably do better against teams that have 10 behind the ball and Leif would love to pick out in the box. He could well be the missing piece to the jigsaw. The deal would have to be structured to allow for FFP but either a loan or permanent could be possible?

Does FFP allow for buy now pay (now and pay) later or is it taken as a whole?

I'd imagine that we can have a loan with an obligation to buy. I'd be very interested to see if KM values the kind of attributes that Keiffer brings for the long term, or if he sees him as a stop gap. It can be quite frustrating when you see us work down the flanks then play crosses into the middle without anyone getting on the end of them.
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:30 - Feb 1 with 1713 viewsRobTheMonk

Imagine the hold up play with Jezza, Chappers, Burns, Hutch and Broadhead floating around,
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:35 - Feb 1 with 1627 viewsbaxterbasics

Whilst a little underwhelming, seems it might be the best we can do in this window - better than nowt, hope it works out!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 1518 viewsitfcsuth

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:35 - Feb 1 by baxterbasics

Whilst a little underwhelming, seems it might be the best we can do in this window - better than nowt, hope it works out!

Everyone entitled to their opinion, but cannot see how this one would be underwhelming.

Championship level he has a proven goal scoring record - he offers versatility, presence and link up play, can only see him being incredibly effective with the likes of Sarmiento, Hutchinson, Chaplin, Broadhead & Burns behind him.

He's also far more adept with his feet & mobility than he is given credit for.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me, would be delighted with this one.
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 1471 viewsDanTheMan

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:41 - Feb 1 by itfcsuth

Everyone entitled to their opinion, but cannot see how this one would be underwhelming.

Championship level he has a proven goal scoring record - he offers versatility, presence and link up play, can only see him being incredibly effective with the likes of Sarmiento, Hutchinson, Chaplin, Broadhead & Burns behind him.

He's also far more adept with his feet & mobility than he is given credit for.

Ticks a lot of boxes for me, would be delighted with this one.

In the other thread(s), the main concern has been around his pressing which is a fair point given how important it is to our game. That's not to say he doesn't bring a lot with the rest of his game but he's going to have to do a lot more running than he's used to.

Hope he's been on the treadmill recently!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 1428 viewssmithy69

Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:35 - Feb 1 by baxterbasics

Who were you hoping for lol

Salah?
Bournmouth squad limits on 09:52 - Feb 1 with 1333 viewsBlueDouglas

Does anyone know if Bournmouth need to move a player on if they bring in the striker from Getafe?
Are we going to get big Keiffer over the line today? on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 1272 viewsITFCson

His goal record and championship level is decent, especially for a striker of his type. He played 27 games in the prem last year and although no spring chicken heā€™s 31 which certainly isnā€™t over the hill either. Iā€™d be very pleased if we got him.
Bournmouth squad limits on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 1255 viewshunty21

Bournmouth squad limits on 09:52 - Feb 1 by BlueDouglas

Does anyone know if Bournmouth need to move a player on if they bring in the striker from Getafe?

Yes moore heading hopefully to us as a result
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024