Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over achieving and over criticising 23:29 - Feb 10 with 6275 viewswaveneyblue

Just reading through comments on here and on facebook/x, there's becoming a really unpleasant theme with the level of criticism aimed at the team.

Certain posters have their favourite scapegoat, Burns, Hladky, Jackson, Wolfenden, Clarke, etc etc. Some go all in with criticism of the entire team or some proper random stuff i.e Moore and hilariously McKenna.

When you look back at the abject dross since 2015 (probably earlier if you ignore the fluke play off season) I'm really struggling to understand it.

Everything about the club is better, and virtually every player has improved but the level of negativity is off the scale. If you came on here blind to the league table you would think we were just below midtable .

The defence has allowed 7 shots on goal in the last 3 games. The midfield continues to create chances and the forwards were pretty decent today.

The over achievement has messed with people's heads and the entitlement is crazy.

Let's go back to enjoying the ride and supporting the team. It might just work in our favour.

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:00 - Feb 11 with 3576 viewsFrimleyBlue

Incorrect.

The over achievement is being used as a smokescreen to what has become a very very poor run of results.

Absolutely in the summer you'd have taken where we find ourselves. However it is indeed 1 win in 8 or 9 league games what ever it is. Why should that and player performances be ignored because of what happened before it. We are talking about now. And lately certain player performances aren't good enough for this level. They have time to perform again. So let's see it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:14 - Feb 11 with 3539 viewsSomethingBlue

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:00 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Incorrect.

The over achievement is being used as a smokescreen to what has become a very very poor run of results.

Absolutely in the summer you'd have taken where we find ourselves. However it is indeed 1 win in 8 or 9 league games what ever it is. Why should that and player performances be ignored because of what happened before it. We are talking about now. And lately certain player performances aren't good enough for this level. They have time to perform again. So let's see it.

“A very very poor run of results”

I just don’t have the words … take a look at yourself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:16 - Feb 11 with 3522 viewsBlueBadger

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:14 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

I rather fear that Frimmers thinks that the last two years are 'a very poor run of results' due to the manager's terrible smarminess.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:20 - Feb 11 with 3516 viewsWacko

Incorrect.

We've been missing a massive tactical component during that run. And players are humans

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:24 - Feb 11 with 3501 viewsreusersfreekicks

Incorrect.

Just try for a minute to not be a tw@t
Over achieving and over criticising on 00:28 - Feb 11 with 3474 viewsFrimleyBlue

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:14 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

The words are its a very very poor run of results

In those 9 games only 4 sides have a worse run of results

9 points from 27 available is poor. Sugar-coat it all you like but it is.

Why should players and manager be applauded when it goes well but not criticised when it's not.

Waka waka eh eh

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:29 - Feb 11 with 3485 viewsChurchman

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:24 - Feb 11 by reusersfreekicks

Just try for a minute to not be a tw@t

There’s more chance of Jay Tabb making the Harlem Globetrotters than that happening.
Over achieving and over criticising on 00:29 - Feb 11 with 3489 viewsHighgateBlue

We're not entitled to anything, and I think most fans accept that. What you're criticising is some fans' reaction to, or opinions on, the factual situation which presents itself.

But if you're asking for a more objective response, cherry picking the facts is unhelpful at best. Pointing out that there have only been 7 shots on target against us in 3 games is wilfully misleading if you don't also acknowledge that every single one has resulted in a goal. Every. Single. One.

That is off the scale bad, and that fact needs considering along with the many others which point in favour of a negative or a positive reaction.

For what it's worth, I think that the ability to score goals from our chances and the ability to stop the other side's chances from becoming goals are two vital factors in a team's success. Both have been lacking in the last few weeks, especially the latter, but both have been lacking.

But yes, we're in a better position than under Marcus Evans, and I think we're all very glad about that.
Login to get fewer ads

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:38 - Feb 11 with 3448 viewsreusersfreekicks

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:29 - Feb 11 by Churchman

There’s more chance of Jay Tabb making the Harlem Globetrotters than that happening.

When you hold the record for down arrows
When you hold the record for being put on ignore
When you completely misjudged the best manager we have had for ages early doors
When you rhapsodised about possibly the worst winger we have had for ages on loan from germany
When you have alagged of the person who runs this excellent forum
When you continually slag of a team that has given so much pleasure and who are now struggling a bit after huge levels of over achievement
Its time to go and leave the forum for sensible people
[Post edited 11 Feb 0:40]
Over achieving and over criticising on 00:44 - Feb 11 with 3403 viewsFrimleyBlue

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:38 - Feb 11 by reusersfreekicks

When you hold the record for down arrows
When you hold the record for being put on ignore
When you completely misjudged the best manager we have had for ages early doors
When you rhapsodised about possibly the worst winger we have had for ages on loan from germany
When you have alagged of the person who runs this excellent forum
When you continually slag of a team that has given so much pleasure and who are now struggling a bit after huge levels of over achievement
Its time to go and leave the forum for sensible people
[Post edited 11 Feb 0:40]

So no actual counter to the point about 9 points out of 27 then.

It's nice you want a positive only forum tho. I shall point you towards my positive comment about moore.

Waka waka eh eh

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:46 - Feb 11 with 3415 viewsIllinoisblue

Incorrect.

Is 2 pts per game after 30 games not enough for a newly promoted team? What is it you demand? What perfection is it you seek?

You frame every game we don’t win as “x points dropped” which is incredibly infantile and stupid.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:50 - Feb 11 with 3392 viewsreusersfreekicks

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:44 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

So no actual counter to the point about 9 points out of 27 then.

It's nice you want a positive only forum tho. I shall point you towards my positive comment about moore.

So no counter to your ignore record or any of the other of your achievments i mention.
Well done on Moore, must have hurt
Over achieving and over criticising on 00:51 - Feb 11 with 3382 viewsFrimleyBlue

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:46 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

Is 2 pts per game after 30 games not enough for a newly promoted team? What is it you demand? What perfection is it you seek?

You frame every game we don’t win as “x points dropped” which is incredibly infantile and stupid.

As I've said before. Come end of season you reflect on the season as a whole.

Whilst it's in play you discuss what's happening as it happens. Which Is all I do. Have done and always will do. That as I've said before is what a forum is for and what football is all about.

Waka waka eh eh

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:55 - Feb 11 with 3365 viewsFrimleyBlue

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:50 - Feb 11 by reusersfreekicks

So no counter to your ignore record or any of the other of your achievments i mention.
Well done on Moore, must have hurt

Not really. I'm me and the ignore function is perfect for those who don't wish to view my posts.

Regarding the other erm achievements, I don't really care tbh.

And regarding moore. No not really. If you looked up my other posts rather than concentrating solely on the negative ones you'd see there's always different thoughts. Some positive. Some negative. That's me.

Again don't like it. Use ignore.

Waka waka eh eh

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:57 - Feb 11 with 3369 viewsreusersfreekicks

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:55 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Not really. I'm me and the ignore function is perfect for those who don't wish to view my posts.

Regarding the other erm achievements, I don't really care tbh.

And regarding moore. No not really. If you looked up my other posts rather than concentrating solely on the negative ones you'd see there's always different thoughts. Some positive. Some negative. That's me.

Again don't like it. Use ignore.

Keep digging
Over achieving and over criticising on 01:06 - Feb 11 with 3364 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:28 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

The words are its a very very poor run of results

In those 9 games only 4 sides have a worse run of results

9 points from 27 available is poor. Sugar-coat it all you like but it is.

Why should players and manager be applauded when it goes well but not criticised when it's not.

You never look at context. You don't understand caveats. You never go to games.

All this "I just discuss what's happening... it's what football is all about..."

No. You don't just "discuss what's happening"; you come up with controversial hot takes for attention. Or you're utterly clueless about football. Or a bit of both.

Either way, your "it's only football chat" is worthless. It's not insightful, it's not pertinent. It's just nothing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Over achieving and over criticising on 01:14 - Feb 11 with 3352 viewsreusersfreekicks

Over achieving and over criticising on 01:06 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

You never look at context. You don't understand caveats. You never go to games.

All this "I just discuss what's happening... it's what football is all about..."

No. You don't just "discuss what's happening"; you come up with controversial hot takes for attention. Or you're utterly clueless about football. Or a bit of both.

Either way, your "it's only football chat" is worthless. It's not insightful, it's not pertinent. It's just nothing.

Well said
Over achieving and over criticising on 02:15 - Feb 11 with 3245 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

We (probably) have a real mix of people here. Real Ipswich fans, Ipswich fans who are so used to us doing badly that they don't know how to react when we are doing well, Obvious Norwich trolls, Subtle Norwich trolls, Leeds/Leicester/Southampton fans, people who enjoy "schadenfreude" and Random others. Each with their own outlook/stance/agenda.

Don't get me wrong, there is no doubt that we are in a bit of a slump right now; but in terms of the whole season we are doing VERY well. Likely play-off place; plus still a reasonable chance of getting 2nd. Pre-season this would have been phenomenal. Full credit to the team for giving us the opportunity to be proud of our football club again.
Over achieving and over criticising on 06:30 - Feb 11 with 3082 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m not keen with reactionary analysis and comments but 12 points from 10 games is a relevant statistic and indication of the form we find ourselves in right now. That changes dramatically with a run of consecutive wins. However that type of extended form is under what might have been expected for a top 12 - 10 finish. It’s fine speak to of good performances in that time, that is important and it is what I would expect KMcK to focus on rather than the points dropped but promotions are not built on teams playing inconsistency and conceding 1.3gpg over 30 games.

There are some that do need a wake up call, speaking as though promotion was a full gone conclusion at early December was obviously premature. Complaining now that our form isn’t promotion winning form because you’d come to expect our team turned up and won each week is also weird. KMcK was explaining from day 1 how hard we were having to play to simply be competitive in games.

Get behind the club, manager, players. It’s a golden era.
[Post edited 11 Feb 6:52]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Over achieving and over criticising on 06:55 - Feb 11 with 3030 viewsElephantintheRoom

That’s not true. Supporting a franchise hasn’t turned obsessive morons into toxic glory seekers = that happened long ago. Town’s support has had an increasingly large vile rump for decades.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Over achieving and over criticising on 07:14 - Feb 11 with 3003 viewsSawtrich

The thing I find so surprising is the criticism of the style of play. You expect the usual moans and groans about player x,y, or z every time we don't win but this stuff about too many square passes, we're slow and ponderous. I'm afraid this is just what high level modern football looks like. We keep possession of the ball and work it and work it until the time is right to go for it. Every team that plays this style will get the same comments, 'the problem with Arsenal is they always try to walk it in'. Of course we're not perfect but this style of play is used by so many successful teams and it's a major reason why the ground is full every week. 'Getting it forward' is usually just giving the ball back to the opposition.
Over achieving and over criticising on 07:40 - Feb 11 with 2928 viewsblueislander

Over achieving and over criticising on 06:55 - Feb 11 by ElephantintheRoom

That’s not true. Supporting a franchise hasn’t turned obsessive morons into toxic glory seekers = that happened long ago. Town’s support has had an increasingly large vile rump for decades.

For a Norwich fan to post on an Ipswich forum at 6.55 on a Sunday morning is rather odd isn’t it?
Over achieving and over criticising on 08:05 - Feb 11 with 2845 viewsitfcjoe

Over achieving and over criticising on 00:46 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

This team is on track to get more points than we’ve ever got in the second tier - more than John Lyall’s league winners, more than any of Burley’s teams, more than Joe Royle’s teams…..but every week we have fans calling out players and the team as not being good enough

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Over achieving and over criticising on 08:08 - Feb 11 with 2827 viewsDubtractor

Over achieving and over criticising on 08:05 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

This team is on track to get more points than we’ve ever got in the second tier - more than John Lyall’s league winners, more than any of Burley’s teams, more than Joe Royle’s teams…..but every week we have fans calling out players and the team as not being good enough

No, you don't understand, it's our god given right to criticise hard at the point that the team draws a few games.

:sarcasm off:

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"The over achievement has messed with people's heads" on 08:14 - Feb 11 with 2787 viewsDyland

Aye, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024