Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… 14:21 - Feb 11 with 4347 viewsSitfcB

To me it really doesn’t feel like it’s only 1 win in 9, we've had some really good performances within these last 9 games and I’ve left games happy and content with performances and the effort shown, even if it was just the second half performances like Leicester and Preston (a)

The only game I left truly disappointed was the Leeds game, understandably.

There’s a difference to not winning and playing badly and not winning and playing well.

Add the fact we’ve been unlucky in a lot of them as well.

The tide turns throughout the season and there are signs that we will get back on a winning run again very soon, and we need to.

People need to remember we’ve just had 4 years in League 1, 3 of those very mediocre, we’re outperforming established Championship teams some of which who’ve not long been in the PL, we’d all like to win every game but that’s impossible.

McKenna has emphasised all season long, especially after a game, what a tough league this is and every win is massive, people forget we had such a good start and if the 30 game form was spread a bit differently they’d be none of this ‘anxiety’ amongst some - if people don’t then I urge you to read McKenna’s post match comments after every game.

Bring on Millwall, can’t wait.

COYB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:23 - Feb 11 with 3066 viewsRyorry

Well said Sitters 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:25 - Feb 11 with 3045 viewsDubtractor

Amen to this.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Good upvote gatherer this. (n/t) on 14:27 - Feb 11 with 3021 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 with 3012 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Less 1 win in 9 and more 2 defeats in 9.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 with 3012 viewschicoazul

I agree with much of this but sadly despite your feels it is 1 win in 9. And I think much of the anxiety you allude to centres around the concern McK will leave this summer if we don’t make it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:30 - Feb 11 with 3004 viewsKungfuBlue

Averaging 2 points per game after 30 games. Would have taken that all day long at start of season! My lad was so disappointed he didn’t see a Hutchinson backflip yesterday, I pointed out he didn't do it as he and the team felt there was still enough time to win the game and rushed back to get kick off done. Winning mentality to the end! Loving it!
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:33 - Feb 11 with 2995 viewsSomethingBlue

I agree, it seems things can only be deemed "outstanding" or "poor" with nothing inbetween, it drives me nuts. Even in this nine-game run, I'd say at least six have been really belting games of football. We're seeing drama of extraordinary quality most weeks. It's not perfect but it's an intoxicating ride. We hardly ever lose games of football and we have an excellent opportunity now to put another run of wins together. Maybe it's a Suffolk thing, maybe it's a society thing, maybe it's a bit of both – but some of the sour-facedness is inexplicable.
[Post edited 11 Feb 14:34]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:54 - Feb 11 with 2870 viewsle2blue

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:33 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

I agree, it seems things can only be deemed "outstanding" or "poor" with nothing inbetween, it drives me nuts. Even in this nine-game run, I'd say at least six have been really belting games of football. We're seeing drama of extraordinary quality most weeks. It's not perfect but it's an intoxicating ride. We hardly ever lose games of football and we have an excellent opportunity now to put another run of wins together. Maybe it's a Suffolk thing, maybe it's a society thing, maybe it's a bit of both – but some of the sour-facedness is inexplicable.
[Post edited 11 Feb 14:34]

Ipswich fans have been spoilt by an unbelievable last 12 months, need to get some perspective and appreciate what an incredible team performance its been this season as well.

I fully expect us to go on another run now, team getting settle again with new signings bedding in, and some excellent additions to have an impact. Leeds or Saints will drop points, maybe it will be enough for us to get back into the top two but if it isn't so be it, we'll fancy our chances in the playoffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 15:03 - Feb 11 with 2843 viewsPinewoodblue

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

I agree with much of this but sadly despite your feels it is 1 win in 9. And I think much of the anxiety you allude to centres around the concern McK will leave this summer if we don’t make it.

KMc hasn't helped that feeling by not mentioning Crystal Palace. Everything he said is true but he hasn't gone as far as he could have.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 15:07 - Feb 11 with 2830 viewsbazza

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

We are an attractive club now, we have money, massive crowds home and away, great owners and sensible people running the club, if McKenna was to leave, which I genuinely believe he won’t , we will have people queuing up to manage this club.
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 15:45 - Feb 11 with 2714 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m not sure it’s been THAT negative to be honest, some go over the top in criticism, some can’t see we do anything wrong, I’d like to few a few of us have a more balanced view.

It’s a results business and I think it’s more disappointment than negative, especially with the other two flying. For me I’ve seen a lot of good performances in the tough stretch and a shame we’ve conceded a few to many still. What really derailed us was the Hirst injury and such a condensed fixture list.

I’m confident we will have a good 6 weeks. The big aim now is still to be in the automatic race when we get to April. Then the small matter of Norwich and Southampton.
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 15:53 - Feb 11 with 2687 viewsBlueBadger

I think it's just the same people soiling their pads as were thus time last year. We're gonna go unbeaten for the rest of the season innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:06 - Feb 11 with 2643 viewspointofblue

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 by You_Bloo_Right

For all of this we would have been better off, points wise, if we had won four and lost five.

Yesterday's last minute equaliser reminded me of what happened earlier in the season at Birmingham. We then conceded a last minute equaliser at Rotherham. We'd have been better off if neither of those late goals had gone in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:09 - Feb 11 with 2625 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 14:28 - Feb 11 by You_Bloo_Right

Not really how points tally’s work.
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:21 - Feb 11 with 2593 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:09 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not really how points tally’s work.

Just a different perspective on performances.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:43 - Feb 11 with 2555 viewsIllinoisblue

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 15:45 - Feb 11 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m not sure it’s been THAT negative to be honest, some go over the top in criticism, some can’t see we do anything wrong, I’d like to few a few of us have a more balanced view.

It’s a results business and I think it’s more disappointment than negative, especially with the other two flying. For me I’ve seen a lot of good performances in the tough stretch and a shame we’ve conceded a few to many still. What really derailed us was the Hirst injury and such a condensed fixture list.

I’m confident we will have a good 6 weeks. The big aim now is still to be in the automatic race when we get to April. Then the small matter of Norwich and Southampton.

Fair points although every now and then you read some town fans on Twitter and you wonder how the hell these people manage to tie their shoelaces. One bloke yesterday, his timeline the last few weeks full of endless McKenna out stuff. Just mindblowing these people are among us. For the record, I don’t think Town fans are any worse than fans of other clubs. Probably not as bad truth be told. I’m sure these people have always existed, but back in the day they’d spout their sheeite in the pub or on the terraces and go home. Now they live tweet during games to broadcast their insanity to the world.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:44]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:47 - Feb 11 with 2512 viewsgainsboroughblue

I also think for the last year, we have been used to seeing draws as two points dropped due to the insane form of teams around us. In most seasons, we'd be top of the table at this point.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:49 - Feb 11 with 2501 viewsFrimleyBlue

It'll float back the other way.

As someone said earlier. Take the results and spread them across the season so far I for one wouldn't feel the same frustration as getting to 2nd then slipping to 4th so quickly. Its just the timing of the run.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:53 - Feb 11 with 2481 viewsgainsboroughblue

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:49 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

It'll float back the other way.

As someone said earlier. Take the results and spread them across the season so far I for one wouldn't feel the same frustration as getting to 2nd then slipping to 4th so quickly. Its just the timing of the run.

It's a momentum thing isn't it. Like you say, if these nine games were at the start of the season, we'd have been on a Southampton-esque run right now and they'd be really nervously looking over their shoulders at us and we'd be brimming with confidence.

We've got the cups out of the way and a huge chunk of the 'unfavourable' fixtures. Just need to kick on with another run. We ain't out of this at all yet and being written off in most quarters will make it very sweet if we do the unexpected.

Either way, it's been an unbelievable year and that's the perspective we all need to grasp.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 17:42 - Feb 11 with 2391 viewsPioneerBlue

Agree, I would add that Preston was also disappointing. The feeling of how far we’ve come but got to go after Leeds away stayed for days even though Xmas was in the middle of it all. You might say it’s been a turning point for the whole squad in the games since even though some games have been decent performances in general.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 17:53 - Feb 11 with 2328 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 16:43 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

Fair points although every now and then you read some town fans on Twitter and you wonder how the hell these people manage to tie their shoelaces. One bloke yesterday, his timeline the last few weeks full of endless McKenna out stuff. Just mindblowing these people are among us. For the record, I don’t think Town fans are any worse than fans of other clubs. Probably not as bad truth be told. I’m sure these people have always existed, but back in the day they’d spout their sheeite in the pub or on the terraces and go home. Now they live tweet during games to broadcast their insanity to the world.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:44]

We’re actually better than other sizebale but there is also an element that is a little sensitive when people get frustrated after a game. Maidstone being a good example.

I don’t follow Ipswich twitter but I assume there is a lot of morons and new comers on there. Wouldn’t waste my time with it!
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 17:56 - Feb 11 with 2297 viewscarlo88

Millwall on Wednesday won't be easy either by the way.
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 18:00 - Feb 11 with 2273 viewsjasondozzell

Brilliant post. Spot on.

And absolutely correct about the need to listen to KMac. He knows what he's talking about. His comment yesterday about hoping the fans were proud of that performance against an experienced WBA side says it all. He knows what it takes to compete at this level with the side we have. Superb commitment and brilliant coaching. Look at the love the players have for him. I watched the game back afterwards as I recorded it on Sky and George Hirst was effusive in his praise for KMac and how he's improved him as a player.

Our football is a joy to watch too.

This is a brilliant time to be a Towen supporter.
Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 18:02 - Feb 11 with 2253 viewsGavTWTD

We've still achieved 4 more points than at this point last season.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Don’t understand the little cloud of negativity around… on 23:13 - Feb 11 with 1978 viewsitfcsuth

Absolutely.

Nothing to be negative about!

When you think about the journey this group/club have been on in the past 18 months, we are 4th in the Championship!!

People have got a little carried away if they think we’ll just cruise along winning every week.

This division is tough, really tough, and we are sitting 4th in the division!

Relax, enjoy the continued journey we are on and back the boys!

COYB!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024