Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omari 23:41 - Feb 24 with 2958 viewstractorboy1978

He's got to be one of the best players in the league surely? Got absolutely everything in his locker to go to the very top. He's getting better and better by the game and I don't see how he can be left out of the starting 11 right now. Genuine match winner.
Omari on 23:46 - Feb 24 with 2908 viewstextbackup

He’s actually fcking wonderful.
Tough little bastard, dives in tackles, chases anything, resilient, clever.

I think KM has made him a premier league player.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Omari on 23:48 - Feb 24 with 2894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Super, Super player.

Id like to see the stats but in my mind he barely gives it away. His decision making (which is usually one of the latest things to develop) is so so good. His first touch, ability to manipulate the ball and beat a defender often from a standing start is just elite.

I absolutely love watching him play.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Omari on 23:52 - Feb 24 with 2871 viewsbournemouthblue

Omari on 23:48 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Super, Super player.

Id like to see the stats but in my mind he barely gives it away. His decision making (which is usually one of the latest things to develop) is so so good. His first touch, ability to manipulate the ball and beat a defender often from a standing start is just elite.

I think his decision making still needs some work, it is getting better though

He has the raw ingredients to be a top player, no doubt about it

I wonder when Chelsea think he is ready, could you see a loan next season potentially as well? (probably contingent on us being Prem or not)

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Omari on 00:10 - Feb 25 with 2806 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Omari on 23:52 - Feb 24 by bournemouthblue

I think his decision making still needs some work, it is getting better though

He has the raw ingredients to be a top player, no doubt about it

I wonder when Chelsea think he is ready, could you see a loan next season potentially as well? (probably contingent on us being Prem or not)

Yep defo a loan next season.

I dont know for sure whether they would send to the champ again (hopefully we aren't in it) but if we are they might do seeing how well he has developed. If not maybe they send him abroad for a loan. I can't imagine him being a regular in that Chelsea squad which has wingers and players of a similar profile to him.

Wherever we are. I hope he is back here, because I have loved watching him develop. A far far better player now than he was when he first joined.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Omari on 00:15 - Feb 25 with 2788 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m all for blue goggles, but let’s at least try to be realistic. As good as he is, he’s not even first choice for us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Omari on 00:16 - Feb 25 with 2784 viewstextbackup

Omari on 00:10 - Feb 25 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep defo a loan next season.

I dont know for sure whether they would send to the champ again (hopefully we aren't in it) but if we are they might do seeing how well he has developed. If not maybe they send him abroad for a loan. I can't imagine him being a regular in that Chelsea squad which has wingers and players of a similar profile to him.

Wherever we are. I hope he is back here, because I have loved watching him develop. A far far better player now than he was when he first joined.

My prem knowledge is watching MOTD, so not entirely sure if that makes him PL ready.

But he is really good

Omari on 00:46 - Feb 25 with 2662 viewsSomethingBlue

He'll get a run now because if it's a calf strain for Burns then you'd imagine that to be several weeks out. But yes – what a player, he's fresh and he's coming into form at exactly the right time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Omari on 05:55 - Feb 25 with 2438 viewsITFCSG

When you compare him to the likes of Summerville, Mavididi et al maybe not

In time though. He definitely has the potential to be better than any of them!

If we go up we should be looking to buy him. Or if we fail to get promoted, when we inevitably sell Davis
Login to get fewer ads

Omari on 06:28 - Feb 25 with 2376 viewsPioneerBlue

He’s starting to find consistency, that’s typically the difference for breaking young players. Fact that he has goals on top of everything he brings between boxes could make his price go up to a stratospheric level.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Omari on 07:08 - Feb 25 with 2304 viewshomer_123

Nope.

Reminds me of a little Mexican lad we had once.

Here's the thing. I actually think he'll go on to have a really wonderful career because he wants to learn, appears to have the spot on attitude to graft as well.

But he's not the best in this division. That's no slight on him. This is his first season of men's football in a notoriously tough league that happens to be a level above where it normally is and he's done superbly well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Omari on 07:31 - Feb 25 with 2212 viewsStevieH

Omari on 23:46 - Feb 24 by textbackup

He’s actually fcking wonderful.
Tough little bastard, dives in tackles, chases anything, resilient, clever.

I think KM has made him a premier league player.

💙💙💙

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1761462664306327552/vid/avc1/720x1280/JE2l
[Post edited 25 Feb 7:32]
Omari on 07:34 - Feb 25 with 2163 viewsEddyJ

He does some nice things individually. Two well taken goals in the last two games. The goal against Rotherham was particularly important. Also played his part in the build up to the Chaplin and Sarmiento goals.

But...

We look a worse team with Hutchinson in it. We were excellent for the first 20 minutes against Birmingham. Burns was a constant threat, created an excellent chance for Moore. Once Burns went off, we lost our way and made the game hard for ourselves. It took 2 late goals to get over the line.

Burns is a very direct player. He hugs the touchline, which creates space for Chaplin and Broadhead. He runs in a straight line with pace. He uses the ball quickly. That all works perfectly with our system. Hutchinson is the polar opposite. He comes inside. He does 20 stepovers before releasing the ball. But he is capable of occasional individual brilliance that Burns isn't.

I prefer Hutchinson as a 20 minute cameo when our plan A is not working. Hutchinson starting reduces the effectiveness of a plan A which usually works so well for us.
[Post edited 25 Feb 7:36]
Omari on 07:35 - Feb 25 with 2146 viewstractorboy1978

Omari on 07:08 - Feb 25 by homer_123

Nope.

Reminds me of a little Mexican lad we had once.

Here's the thing. I actually think he'll go on to have a really wonderful career because he wants to learn, appears to have the spot on attitude to graft as well.

But he's not the best in this division. That's no slight on him. This is his first season of men's football in a notoriously tough league that happens to be a level above where it normally is and he's done superbly well.

Perhaps it was a touch of hyperbole but I honestly think he's now starting to hit a level that isn't far off the best and most effective players in the division in his position. He was frighteningly good yesterday, a very decent full back for this level in Laird, didn't have a clue what to do with him.
Omari on 08:42 - Feb 25 with 1867 viewstextbackup

Omari on 05:55 - Feb 25 by ITFCSG

When you compare him to the likes of Summerville, Mavididi et al maybe not

In time though. He definitely has the potential to be better than any of them!

If we go up we should be looking to buy him. Or if we fail to get promoted, when we inevitably sell Davis

Both of them tw.ttedshots wide or in the top tier of stands Friday night.

Omari on 09:07 - Feb 25 with 1758 viewsElephantintheRoom

But not good enough to get in the team. Possibly because he’s a Chelsea player and Ipswich players try a little bit harder for Ipswich. Or possibly he’s more of an impact player whilst slumming it

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Omari on 09:14 - Feb 25 with 1700 viewsDubtractor

Second half we seemed to have a clear plan to make Omari the 'spare man' in space, then get the ball out to him to run at their defence.

It always looked our most likely route to a winner.

Still think he can be a bit hot and cold, but tbh there is always an element of that with that kind of player, in that they are always looking to make something happen and it doesn't always come off.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Omari on 09:50 - Feb 25 with 1533 viewsHighgateBlue

Omari on 23:48 - Feb 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Super, Super player.

Yes I agree with all of this. It's interesting that you mention both decision making and a standing start. I have noticed recently that he seems to manage to give himself time to make decisions. He finds himself (not by chance or accident) on the ball near the opposition box, with time on his hands to pick a pass one way or another (watching for runs), or deciding to take a player on, himself. The way he feeds Tuanzebe (who comes from nowhere) for Sarmiento's goal was a perfect example of that. And then the one on one for his own goal was either an old head on young shoulders or the enthusiasm of youth - I don't care which, but he's got the technical quality to go with the decision making at such a high level for one so young. Would be lovely to keep him. I suspect if we don't go up he'll be bought by a lower level prem team.
Omari on 09:54 - Feb 25 with 1503 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'Never fall in love with a loanee'
Omari on 10:53 - Feb 25 with 1405 viewsNutkins_Return

Omari on 00:15 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

I’m all for blue goggles, but let’s at least try to be realistic. As good as he is, he’s not even first choice for us.

Don't really know why this got a downside as it's true. Omari is class but Burns is ahead of him.Harness having a blinder before going off and had a blinder the game before.

Love Omari but still learning the game and getting better every week!!
Omari on 10:58 - Feb 25 with 1382 viewsSteve_M

Omari on 09:54 - Feb 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

'Never fall in love with a loanee'

Far too late for that Mach!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Omari on 17:10 - Feb 26 with 1010 viewsgainsboroughblue

Omari on 09:07 - Feb 25 by ElephantintheRoom

But not good enough to get in the team. Possibly because he’s a Chelsea player and Ipswich players try a little bit harder for Ipswich. Or possibly he’s more of an impact player whilst slumming it

Didn't even need to look to see who posted that.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024