Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis for £20m+ 13:45 - Feb 28 with 6114 viewsElderGrizzly

Newcastle and West Ham circling and it would certainly fund our next squad 'refresh' if we don't go up if the figures are £20m+. Especially with FFP to consider.

That was always the plan with Ashton/new owners too? Identify good young players with potential, develop them and move on to fund the ongoing growth of the club?

Seems an inevitability really.... on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 3994 viewsBloots

....but I doubt we'd get anywhere near that figure, IMHO.

It'll more likely be £8m-£10m, plus crazy addons like 20 England caps and extra if West Ham win the World Cup again.

Davis has to be the one to go, I can't see much more value (of any note) in the squad, which seems a ridiculous thing to say given our position.

Maybe Wolfy, but we are generally more a "sum of parts" than a team of valuable individuals.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Davis for £20m+ on 13:54 - Feb 28 with 3990 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not sure if that’s a statement or a question EG but ……if we find ourselves in a position where we are still in the Champ next season then so be it . If we reinvest correctly and we have a refresh and become better for it then great , we go again.

Bigger than the sum of all it’s parts and all that

Poll: If it were one or the other

Seems an inevitability really.... on 13:57 - Feb 28 with 3966 viewsHerbivore

Seems an inevitability really.... on 13:54 - Feb 28 by Bloots

It'll more likely be £8m-£10m, plus crazy addons like 20 England caps and extra if West Ham win the World Cup again.

Davis has to be the one to go, I can't see much more value (of any note) in the squad, which seems a ridiculous thing to say given our position.

Maybe Wolfy, but we are generally more a "sum of parts" than a team of valuable individuals.

There's no way he goes for as little as £8m to £10m. Over £20m seems ambitious but I think it'll be nearer to that than the figures you're suggesting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Davis for £20m+ on 14:00 - Feb 28 with 3945 viewsitfcsuth

He'll be valued around £20m, that is for sure - would likely end and settle at £15m or so.

You simply couldn't turn that down if we weren't promoted.

It's the process of successful recruitment, Brighton have been doing it for a long time.

You go and find the 'next Leif Davis'.
Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:11 - Feb 28 with 3851 viewsTractorCam

No chance Ashton lets him go for that low.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:14 - Feb 28 with 3814 viewsBloots

Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:11 - Feb 28 by TractorCam

No chance Ashton lets him go for that low.

....it's human nature to always think your own team's players are more valuable than they actually are.

If we get over £10m for him, (without addons etc) then I think we will have done well personally.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:18 - Feb 28 with 3786 viewsTractorCam

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:14 - Feb 28 by Bloots

....it's human nature to always think your own team's players are more valuable than they actually are.

If we get over £10m for him, (without addons etc) then I think we will have done well personally.

For me it's the other way round, we're use to having years of Evans and underwhelming players it's alien to have a player with a high ceiling.

Look at how much Ashton got for Adam Webster, a mid table centre back, to compare with what Davis can fetch.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

All players have their value on 14:19 - Feb 28 with 3766 viewsKeno

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:14 - Feb 28 by Bloots

some some posters are priceless

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 3752 viewsBABLUE

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:18 - Feb 28 by TractorCam

For me it's the other way round, we're use to having years of Evans and underwhelming players it's alien to have a player with a high ceiling.

Look at how much Ashton got for Adam Webster, a mid table centre back, to compare with what Davis can fetch.

Bristol City sold Alex Scott to Bournemouth in the summer for in excess of £20m.

Davis has to be worth that sort of money surely, with his stats???
Davis for £20m+ on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 3758 viewstextbackup

It honestly doesn’t worry me if the owners had that plan, you know full well they invest a bit of that in the next up and coming player (and repeat)
We see good players, we improve, we win a load of games. Happy days

Based on two games I’ve seen him, the QPR left back looks a good little player, maybe nab him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:23 - Feb 28 with 3750 viewsBiGDonnie

You think? I reckon if you double your figure, you're still not close. He's the best left back in the championship, and there aren't many better in the Prem. Prime age, I think the sale will break a number of records.

I did thin he'd stay if (when) we go up, but I could definitely see him going to Newcastle.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:26 - Feb 28 with 3703 viewsitfc_bucks

Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:23 - Feb 28 by BiGDonnie

You think? I reckon if you double your figure, you're still not close. He's the best left back in the championship, and there aren't many better in the Prem. Prime age, I think the sale will break a number of records.

I did thin he'd stay if (when) we go up, but I could definitely see him going to Newcastle.

West Ham can take him, but it's £20million + Downes.
Davis for £20m+ on 14:29 - Feb 28 with 3677 viewsElderGrizzly

Davis for £20m+ on 13:54 - Feb 28 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure if that’s a statement or a question EG but ……if we find ourselves in a position where we are still in the Champ next season then so be it . If we reinvest correctly and we have a refresh and become better for it then great , we go again.

Bigger than the sum of all it’s parts and all that

The bigger worry would be if McKenna follows him out the door if we don't go up

I fully trust McKenna/Ashton to bring in and coach a suitable replacement
Davis for £20m+ on 14:30 - Feb 28 with 3663 viewstextbackup

Davis for £20m+ on 14:29 - Feb 28 by ElderGrizzly

The bigger worry would be if McKenna follows him out the door if we don't go up

I fully trust McKenna/Ashton to bring in and coach a suitable replacement

McKenna gets nicked and his first signing… Jackson, I mean Davis! That would hurt 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:31 - Feb 28 with 3649 viewsburnbudgiesburn

If Davis went for £8m then Ashton needs removing pronto haha

£15m guaranteed + add ons minimum.

Whilst the rest of the squad are indeed more 'sum of parts' I reckon Hirst, Broadhead and Chappers would all go for 2x 3x what we paid for them.
Seems an inevitability really.... on 14:39 - Feb 28 with 3580 viewsSomethingBlue

It will be some way more than that – ok he's not 21 but he's still got his best years ahead and he's breaking records attacking-wise for a defender at this level. Starting conversation should be £15m, we should end up with a sum significantly in excess of that and in the right hands (this manager) it will help bring this team forward another level.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Davis for £20m+ on 14:48 - Feb 28 with 3511 viewsStenvict

His extra lungs add to his value, surely.

If Blackburn can get c. £20m for Wharton, I'm sure we could get similar for Davis.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Davis for £20m+ on 14:59 - Feb 28 with 3409 viewsrodney76

Davis for £20m+ on 14:00 - Feb 28 by itfcsuth

He'll be valued around £20m, that is for sure - would likely end and settle at £15m or so.

It's the process of successful recruitment, Brighton have been doing it for a long time.

Agree.
Therefore and in the long run it is more important that we reach Cat 1. Status than hanging on to Davis.
The training facilities etc. need updating.
Davis for £20m+ on 15:00 - Feb 28 with 3401 views_clive_baker_

You would think we'll certainly be able to command £15m+ for him. I don't want to see him go, I want us to go up and for him to tear it up in the PL with us, but as you rightly say it would give us some licence to invest in 2 or 3 players of quality. Much like Dyer leaving did under Burley.
Hopefully not, but.... on 15:28 - Feb 28 with 3288 viewsSharkey

Hopefully not, but.... on 14:22 - Feb 28 by BABLUE

Bristol City sold Alex Scott to Bournemouth in the summer for in excess of £20m.

Davis has to be worth that sort of money surely, with his stats???

Scott is 3 or 4 years younger than Davis, which I guess increases his valuation quite a bit.
Davis for £20m+ on 15:42 - Feb 28 with 3185 viewscressi

Look what Ashton got for Webster if we fail to go up this money will rebuild our team for next season.
Davis for £20m+ on 15:43 - Feb 28 with 3176 viewsJrm_72

£15m for Davis to Newcastle would have some poetry about it, same price they paid for Shearer who came from the same Boys Club as Leif (Wallsend I think?)
Seems an inevitability really.... on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 2988 viewsbournemouthblue

What makes you say that?

If the market rate is £15 million, which it could quite easily be, I'd expect that as a bare minimum frankly

£8 - 10 million would be an absolute steal in the current market

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Davis for £20m+ on 16:22 - Feb 28 with 2935 viewsbournemouthblue

Davis for £20m+ on 14:00 - Feb 28 by itfcsuth

2010 called, it wants it's transfer valuations back!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Davis for £20m+ on 16:29 - Feb 28 with 2880 viewsMookamoo

Of all the clubs to go to, I think Newcastle pishes me off the most. Not forgiven them to swiping Ambrose for peanuts.

He has to be worth in excess of £15 million given his record over the last couple of seasons. Good business. Invest and move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024