Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story 10:04 - Mar 8 with 12385 viewsitfcjoe

At this point, even if he is to get back I struggle to see him getting up to speed as will have not played for 3 months plus

Regarding right-back Williams, who has been back at parent club Manchester United since the start of January, McKenna, whose side will wear their white third kit at the Cardiff City Stadium, says there is no date yet pencilled in for his return to the club.

“No news, that’s with the Man United medical team and out of our hands,” he said. “To be honest, our full focus is just with the players that are here.”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 with 6629 viewsNedPlimpton

Hope we don't live to regret not pushing harder for Marvin Johnson. The whole Williams saga is a bit of shambles
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 with 6622 viewscbower

Like you, I just don’t see him playing for us again this season. All seems very strange. Just hope we are not still paying out but suspect we may be.

bluescouser

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 with 6615 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Last sentence feels quite telling that we just aren't even considering him/worried about it. Would be shocked if he played for Town again. Probably explains the Tuanzebe at right back conversion that's occurred.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:11 - Mar 8 with 6564 viewsCoastalblue

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 by cbower

Like you, I just don’t see him playing for us again this season. All seems very strange. Just hope we are not still paying out but suspect we may be.

Not so sure, the fact that he's back with his parent club and they are oversseing his 'recovery' may well mean that we have less obligation until and unless he returns to us.

I suspect the deal will have originally included some light insistence from them that they want to see him getting minutes, and now he's not available for those minutes and they are the ones making that decision.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:13 - Mar 8 with 6535 viewsLankHenners

Not coming back is he? Bit of a shambles of a situation all round.

Hard luck for us to have a player who's taken the longest amount of time in recorded history to recover from a 'knock'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:18 - Mar 8 with 6435 views_clive_baker_

I think if he got fit and could come back into the squad it might just be in time to add some value, not least if we're looking at a playoff campaign. Its a shame, looked a very good player when he was on it and by all accounts he was well liked. Time is running out for him to have a meaningful impact on the rest of our season though as we play our penultimate game in 7 weeks.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:19 - Mar 8 with 6418 viewsJrm_72

Won't be seeing him again sadly I think. I just hope we tried to get out of the deal and couldn't, and we arent paying for him anymore.

PR wise, feels like we've been getting all our crisis management tips from Red Bull Racing on this one 🤣
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:19 - Mar 8 with 6409 viewstextbackup

Complete and utter waste of time.

Keeping him here was a stupid decision… did they pull the wool over our eyes on his ‘injury’, have we gone all out to bend over for MUFC, fck knows. But it’s a waste of everyone’s time and effort.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:22 - Mar 8 with 6337 views_clive_baker_

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:19 - Mar 8 by textbackup

Keeping him here was a stupid decision… did they pull the wool over our eyes on his ‘injury’, have we gone all out to bend over for MUFC, fck knows. But it’s a waste of everyone’s time and effort.

Aside from the issues pre Christmas which are well documented and not to be discussed, I had heard it wasn't just his physical fitness that he's working on. It's a sorry story really, he's got a lot of talent but it feels a bit of a sliding doors moment in terms of his career. Hope he can get himself straightened out because he's a good footballer.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:23 - Mar 8 with 6321 viewshomer_123

Let's not forget the human element here. He's a person and there is 'way' more here than meets the eye.

Here's hoping, for him personally, he can get himself sorted.
[Post edited 8 Mar 10:23]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:25 - Mar 8 with 6280 viewsReus30

He did a decent job whilst he was here. What has happened has happened and we move on.

Axel has done great at RB when Clarke (who has also been v. good) has been out of the side and Davis is just a weapon down the left with Cam there if need be so there is sufficient cover. I am sure we have other cover if need be as well (i.e. Travis, KJ etc).

We have done great without Williams, so it's a non-issue in my eyes. Let's move on.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:26 - Mar 8 with 6245 views_clive_baker_

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:19 - Mar 8 by Jrm_72

Won't be seeing him again sadly I think. I just hope we tried to get out of the deal and couldn't, and we arent paying for him anymore.

PR wise, feels like we've been getting all our crisis management tips from Red Bull Racing on this one 🤣

I think it's a bit of a moot point if we're still contributing to his wage or not. He's not the first player we'll have been paying decent money for to not be available, and dare say wont be the last. It happens, and its hard to legislate for such things.

I'm sure the club has done everything it can to limit the financial cost within the realms of the contractual commitments we signed up to. From United's perspective they aren't likely to forgo the cash in the spirit of kindness, just like we wouldn't of Charlton if Camara was crocked. Its business innit.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:28 - Mar 8 with 6230 viewsBiGDonnie

At least this gives Town fans something to moan about in a brilliant season.

Not sure how it can be deemed a 'shambles' or 'the clubs fault' when it's clearly something that's come out of the blue.

How about we stop speculating and wish him the best. Still hoping for him to be back before season end and think he will be.

Also think we'll be signing him up for free once we're promoted.
[Post edited 8 Mar 10:38]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:34 - Mar 8 with 6149 viewsRyorry

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 by SouthfieldsBlue

Last sentence feels quite telling that we just aren't even considering him/worried about it. Would be shocked if he played for Town again. Probably explains the Tuanzebe at right back conversion that's occurred.

Situation's another factor in our 'luck' that Leics/Leeds/So'ton either remain in ignorance of, or choose to ignore with their continual "lucky Ipswich" jeering.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:37 - Mar 8 with 6111 viewsBlueBlood90

I just hope we're not the ones paying his wages while he's away. There's clearly more going on there than meets the eye. How is there not a timeframe like any other injury whether he's here or at Man Utd?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:40 - Mar 8 with 6061 viewsGuthrum

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:22 - Mar 8 by _clive_baker_

Aside from the issues pre Christmas which are well documented and not to be discussed, I had heard it wasn't just his physical fitness that he's working on. It's a sorry story really, he's got a lot of talent but it feels a bit of a sliding doors moment in terms of his career. Hope he can get himself straightened out because he's a good footballer.

It's really quite hard to come back if some sort of mental health issue (which may include substance and alcohol abuse, or obsessive/compulsive/addicted behaviour) inserts itself into your life at an important point.

Happened to me when I was a student. Completely derailed any career path and pretty much permanently damaged my economic prospects. Not saying I've had a bad life, by any means, but not achieved a lot of the things I might have liked to.

If that is the issue with Williams, I have every sympathy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:43 - Mar 8 with 6016 viewsKieran_Knows

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:26 - Mar 8 by _clive_baker_

I think it's a bit of a moot point if we're still contributing to his wage or not. He's not the first player we'll have been paying decent money for to not be available, and dare say wont be the last. It happens, and its hard to legislate for such things.

I'm sure the club has done everything it can to limit the financial cost within the realms of the contractual commitments we signed up to. From United's perspective they aren't likely to forgo the cash in the spirit of kindness, just like we wouldn't of Charlton if Camara was crocked. Its business innit.

Whilst I agree with the crux of your post, the fact we're talking about finances when clearly the lad isn't in the best place is just absurd in my opinion.

What about the mental well being of the boy himself? For his own sake - which is the main thing here - wouldn't it had been best for the loan to be terminated for him to get himself in order without the added pressure of the whole 'when/is he returning' saga which is currently going on?

That's incredibly poor from United if so.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:44 - Mar 8 with 6000 viewstextbackup

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:23 - Mar 8 by homer_123

Let's not forget the human element here. He's a person and there is 'way' more here than meets the eye.

Here's hoping, for him personally, he can get himself sorted.
[Post edited 8 Mar 10:23]

With all due respect, he’s not our player, a product of the academy, he didn’t get injured whilst playing for Town… so hand on heart I can say I don’t really care. It’s his own doing.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:47 - Mar 8 with 5939 views_clive_baker_

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:43 - Mar 8 by Kieran_Knows

Whilst I agree with the crux of your post, the fact we're talking about finances when clearly the lad isn't in the best place is just absurd in my opinion.

What about the mental well being of the boy himself? For his own sake - which is the main thing here - wouldn't it had been best for the loan to be terminated for him to get himself in order without the added pressure of the whole 'when/is he returning' saga which is currently going on?

That's incredibly poor from United if so.

To be fair its only us talking about finances as people have mentioned it on this thread. For all we know it could be a complete non issue between the clubs and player, I've never heard an official voice mention finances.

The fact he's back in Manchester and close to his family environment suggests to me that he probably is in the best place for him and his recovery, and United will have a very polished duty of care policy.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:54 - Mar 8 with 5804 viewsJrm_72

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:26 - Mar 8 by _clive_baker_

On your point about not the first, I had willfully forgot that we are still paying Paul Lambert I think!
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:55 - Mar 8 with 5790 viewsportmanking

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:47 - Mar 8 by _clive_baker_

To be fair its only us talking about finances as people have mentioned it on this thread. For all we know it could be a complete non issue between the clubs and player, I've never heard an official voice mention finances.

The fact he's back in Manchester and close to his family environment suggests to me that he probably is in the best place for him and his recovery, and United will have a very polished duty of care policy.

On your final paragraph, I'm sure United do have a strong policy re. duty of care. It still doesn't detract from the issue of young lads who are given too much, too soon. He played barely a dozen games for the United first team before his contract was bumped from 5k a week to 60k a week. SIXTY GRAND a week. What on earth is a 19/20 year old in a big city going to do with that kind of money? The money in football is so far detached from reality, it's untrue.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:58 - Mar 8 with 5708 views_clive_baker_

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:54 - Mar 8 by Jrm_72

On your point about not the first, I had willfully forgot that we are still paying Paul Lambert I think!

That's such a depressing thought. That contract he signed ran until summer 2025. Mad.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 11:01 - Mar 8 with 5632 viewsdavblue

i suspect there's no break clause hence why he's still here.

Unless McKenna has full faith in him and thinks he will be an asset for next year if he's on a free. There's a player there but need's to get over the 'injury'.
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 11:05 - Mar 8 with 3826 viewsnorfsufblue

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:13 - Mar 8 by LankHenners

Not coming back is he? Bit of a shambles of a situation all round.

Hard luck for us to have a player who's taken the longest amount of time in recorded history to recover from a 'knock'.

We never get any "luck" do we?😉🤣🤣
Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 11:10 - Mar 8 with 3792 viewsHighgateBlue

Brandon Williams update in the Broadhead story on 10:07 - Mar 8 by cbower

Absolutely.

Clearly it's foolish and maybe unkind to speculate on what has gone on, but I think the vacuum just fuels rumour and gossip.

When a player has a physical injury, we're told about surgeons, and assessments, and numbers of weeks out, and 'it might be broken, but we're hoping it's only XYZ'. We've been told none of that, so it really does seem as if maybe it is not a physical issue. I won't speculate any further than that.

But I do think that if Kieran said that it's a personal issue to Brandon, that he needs to work through some things, and that fans shouldn't speculate or judge, that will help everyone move on, and probably help Brandon. I imagine he's not getting a lot of love on Twitter (not my scene, mind).

Just pretending it's an unspecified injury, that he'll be back in 10 days, and then hoping nobody remembers 10 days later seems like a really silly strategy in this day and age.

The internet abhors a vacuum. Unless something amusing/sexual has been done with a vacuum. Now theeeere's a story...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024