Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… 17:56 - Mar 21 with 9257 viewsITFC_Forever

But has anyone said why the flag has been changed? Or are they creating something to moan about (ie; that it’s woke nonsense)?

Personally don’t see why they’ve done it, and I won’t be buying it - not as some kind of anti-woke protest, but because at £125 or £85, it’s a massive rip-off.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:04 - Mar 21 with 4906 viewsjayessess

Presumably if it was supposed to have any deeper meaning they'd have said so (kit designers do tend to tell people about the detailing and what it's supposed to mean, like our kit last year with the West Stand stanchion inspired design elements).

Presume they just fancied playing around with a bit of colour (don't imagine England kits are the most inspiring to work on!)

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:07 - Mar 21 with 4888 viewsCoastalblue

Away shirt is an odd choice, I'd have assumed that was Scotland without knowing or seeing the badge.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:13 - Mar 21 with 4874 viewsIllinoisblue

Not overly bothered as it’s a minor detail on a terrible overpriced shirt, but I’m fairly certain Nike wouldn’t “playfully” mess with the American flag.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:35 - Mar 21 with 4741 viewsnorfsufblue

Absolutely total rip off, who in their right mind are going to buy a tee shirt for £115 !!..... I for one are done with England shirts and if Town push analready overpriced range to these levels I'll be done with them too!
I honestly don't know how they've got the nerve!
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:37 - Mar 21 with 4727 viewsMattinLondon

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:35 - Mar 21 by norfsufblue

Absolutely total rip off, who in their right mind are going to buy a tee shirt for £115 !!..... I for one are done with England shirts and if Town push analready overpriced range to these levels I'll be done with them too!

They have the nerve because people but then. No one is forced to buy the shirt or any other merchandise.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:41 - Mar 21 with 4711 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's just a design thing. It's a complete non-issue imo.

Tory snowflakes update by tractordownsouth 20 Mar 18:23
https://x.com/christiancalgie/status/1770478494729863317?s=20

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:51 - Mar 21 with 4663 viewsHighgateBlue

The price is stupid. Nobody should buy it at that price, even if the FA and Nike were aware of what the St George's flag looks like, which seemingly they aren't.

Have the flag on, leave it off, I really don't care. But it's just stupid to do it wrong wilfully. I guess it has created the publicity that they presumably wanted, however.

Looking forward to 'playful updates' of other nations' flags...
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:53 - Mar 21 with 4650 viewsEuropablue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:35 - Mar 21 by norfsufblue

Apparently there are two types of kit. the £115 is a replica kit that you can play in, the other one is just a glorified T-shirt. I think that one is £75 which is still steep.
I'm tempted by the purple away shirt. I would like to get my son his first England kit too, but I'm really put off by the prices.
Login to get fewer ads

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:55 - Mar 21 with 4628 viewsEuropablue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:41 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

It's just a design thing. It's a complete non-issue imo.

Tory snowflakes update by tractordownsouth 20 Mar 18:23
https://x.com/christiancalgie/status/1770478494729863317?s=20

This issue is that those kits are a complete rip-off and they should be hammered for that.
The woke comments are annoying in the extreme. There are bad instances of woke stuff, but this is not one of them. I don't like the purple on the ST Georges Cross on the home kit, bit it suits the away kit.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 19:31 - Mar 21 with 4481 viewsNthsuffolkblue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:04 - Mar 21 by jayessess

Presumably if it was supposed to have any deeper meaning they'd have said so (kit designers do tend to tell people about the detailing and what it's supposed to mean, like our kit last year with the West Stand stanchion inspired design elements).

Presume they just fancied playing around with a bit of colour (don't imagine England kits are the most inspiring to work on!)

Probably made in China and they didn't realise what colour it is meant to be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 19:35 - Mar 21 with 4460 viewsVanSaParody

Nike have said it's a "playful update of the St George cross"

WTF?

How about we have a playful update of the Star Spangled Banner & put a hammer & sickle all over it?

Time to bin off Nike & get Umbro back
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 20:23 - Mar 21 with 4303 viewstextbackup

I just don’t understand why you’d change the flag of a nation. It’s a countries flag, seems unnecessary. But you can be sure the FA were ok with it, signed it off. Again, no idea why they’d think that’s ok, but it’ll tick a box somewhere I’m sure

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 20:28 - Mar 21 with 4245 viewsGlasgowBlue

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 19:31 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Probably made in China and they didn't realise what colour it is meant to be.

Yeah. You may be just five years old, working 15 hours a day for 2p an hour in a sweatshop, but have some fcuking pride in your work!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:03 - Mar 21 with 4122 viewsjayessess

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 19:35 - Mar 21 by VanSaParody

WTF?

How about we have a playful update of the Star Spangled Banner & put a hammer & sickle all over it?

Do we need to be so sensitive about national symbols? We're not Americans for god's sake.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:13 - Mar 21 with 4075 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Total non-issue, it’s the price that’s offensive.

Though always amusing when the likes of Nike try and do something ‘virtuous’ with their design, when it’s probably knocked out in a sweatshop by a 10 year old to enhance profit…
[Post edited 21 Mar 21:14]
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:16 - Mar 21 with 4056 viewsBigalhunter

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:03 - Mar 21 by jayessess

Do we need to be so sensitive about national symbols? We're not Americans for god's sake.

Seems to have upset the usual suspects, both in the wider world and on here.
I had my TWTD bingo card ready and it’s filling up as expected.
Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 21:26 - Mar 21 with 3978 viewsBloots

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:16 - Mar 21 by Bigalhunter

Seems to have upset the usual suspects, both in the wider world and on here.
I had my TWTD bingo card ready and it’s filling up as expected.

....I had a bingo card of all the posters who'd be saying how insignificant it was and how great they were for not caring about it.

Funny old place this.

Innit.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:28 - Mar 21 with 3968 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 19:35 - Mar 21 by VanSaParody

WTF?

How about when Umbro put the St. George's cross in four different colours all over the shirt to represent the country's diverse cultural makeup.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:33 - Mar 21 with 3935 viewsTrumptonBlue

Outrageous. You’ll be telling me they’ve replaced the lions with some woke foreign animals next.
Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 21:46 - Mar 21 with 3858 viewsMattinLondon

Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 21:26 - Mar 21 by Bloots

....I had a bingo card of all the posters who'd be saying how insignificant it was and how great they were for not caring about it.

Funny old place this.

Innit.

Only one or two have said that so your bingo card will look pretty empty. You should have gone for posters who think it’s overpriced - that’s where the money would have been.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 21:52 - Mar 21 with 3823 viewsitfcjoe

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 18:04 - Mar 21 by jayessess

It seems silly to out the flag on it, and then ‘playfully update’ it without saying what it is for. Either put the flag on properly, or don’t.

Looks rubbish on there as much as any thing for me, but I think if you’re sticking the flag on there, it should be left as such

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:00 - Mar 21 with 3762 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s quite bizarre that in England if you want the national flag to be on your national shirt you’re a gammon but in America the flag is proudly flown, pin badges worn etc by all American whatever their political leanings.
GSTK. (n/t) on 22:03 - Mar 21 with 3722 viewsBloots

Yeah, I know what you mean.... on 21:46 - Mar 21 by MattinLondon

Only one or two have said that so your bingo card will look pretty empty. You should have gone for posters who think it’s overpriced - that’s where the money would have been.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:15 - Mar 21 with 3672 views_clive_baker_

I don't really care tbh, I dare say it might not have even registered with me if it hadn't been made a deal of. That said it is a bit odd to dick around with a countries flag. And the price is disgusting.
England new kit has enraged Joey Barton and the gammons… on 22:16 - Mar 21 with 3662 views_clive_baker_

I see Starmer wants it changed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68632034
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024