Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays ticketing 15:44 - Apr 6 with 29745 viewslunatic1988

Poor from the club with ticketing today. Saw a number of staff from the club that dont attend away games, dyer and his mates who don’t attended away games, wardley and his friends who don’t attend away games. Whats the point of having a points system, if genuine fans are going to miss out??
Todays ticketing on 14:02 - Apr 7 with 2122 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Todays ticketing on 13:50 - Apr 7 by Matt_Netherlands

You say this with a good degree of authority. How do we actually know the whole two tickets each thing is true? Do you personally work for the club?

(Not accusing you of lying, just wondered how we actually know this to be the case other than people posting on Twitter….)

Not sure people will be comfortable putting it on here but there is clear evidence being circulated around certain WhatsApp groups.
[Post edited 7 Apr 14:10]
Todays ticketing on 14:04 - Apr 7 with 2106 viewsblueislander

Todays ticketing on 14:02 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Not sure people will be comfortable putting it on here but there is clear evidence being circulated around certain WhatsApp groups.
[Post edited 7 Apr 14:10]

Deafening silence so far from Mr.Ham.
Todays ticketing on 14:11 - Apr 7 with 2082 viewstivo

Todays ticketing on 09:04 - Apr 7 by onceablue

It was Ashton who decided to reward the employees for their hard work

Why are you making things up?
Todays ticketing on 14:11 - Apr 7 with 2082 viewsJ2BLUE

Todays ticketing on 12:53 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

I think the points system has worked really well this season. The more away games you attend, the more chance you have of getting an away ticket.

Why should a season ticket holder who rarely attends away games get priority for an attractive away game over somebody who goes to a lot of away games?

I never said they should get priority. Just some sort of benefit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Todays ticketing on 14:13 - Apr 7 with 2074 viewstivo

Todays ticketing on 11:05 - Apr 7 by PrideOfTheEast

It was between 350 and 400 tickets. Def info.

It’s the staff and plus ones that is ridiculous.

I can give you the exact number tomorrow at 9.10.
Todays ticketing on 14:24 - Apr 7 with 2015 viewsblueislander

Todays ticketing on 14:13 - Apr 7 by tivo

I can give you the exact number tomorrow at 9.10.

You have ridiculed the suggestion that it was Ashton that instigated this, so, I presume that you can also give the lie to the rather odd suggestion that it is a contractual obligation for the club to give or sell tickets to staff?
Todays ticketing on 14:33 - Apr 7 with 1977 viewsessexpaul64

Lots of rumours currently circulating., some true and some false. I think Mr Ashton needs to make a statement regarding this issue and hopefully end the-house bickering
Todays ticketing on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 1962 viewsMullet

Todays ticketing on 16:30 - Apr 6 by SitfcB

Some #DefInfo about the 400 figure.

Also explains why Norfolk police said 1600 Town fans were expected.

I found out it was 200 about a fortnight ago maybe. Assumed that meant 100 comps with a plus 1.

A few days ago I was shown it was actually 200 staff plus 1. I couldn't believe it. Had I not seen who was involved I'd have dismissed it. Was asked not to make it public and left it at that.

When mates started telling me what was there, how the women's team, ex players (anyone who still associates with Paul Cook should be banned not given a ticket!) and the rumour that Wardley had 8 tickets I couldn't understand what the club were thinking.

It's a massive slap in the face and puts them in a really unenviable position or their own doing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Todays ticketing on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 1940 viewsDJR

I should have suspected something yesterday when the chap next to me with an American accent said his name was J R Ashton IV and claimed he was distantly related to someone who worked at the club.

I was a bit suspicious but he claimed he gets to 20 away games a season.
[Post edited 7 Apr 14:54]
Ha! Yeah them or…. on 14:42 - Apr 7 with 1908 viewsMullet

Ha! Yeah them or…. on 09:24 - Apr 7 by Bloots

….the supporters club.

They’ll sort it out!

“Hard hitting” innit.

I've not had a response from the SC yet.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Todays ticketing on 14:47 - Apr 7 with 1873 viewsGlasgowBlue

Todays ticketing on 14:11 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Surely the benefit is that they are guaranteed to get a seat for every home game, whereas non season ticket holders take their chances on the match not being a sell out.

I completely disagree that the point system for away games needs a rewrite.

edit. And I say that as a former season ticket holder and somebody whose son has a couple of less points than me so I have to wait a day later to get a ticket and may miss out. U think it's a very fair scheme.
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:00]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Todays ticketing on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 1852 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 14:33 - Apr 7 by essexpaul64

Lots of rumours currently circulating., some true and some false. I think Mr Ashton needs to make a statement regarding this issue and hopefully end the-house bickering

Needs more than just a statement, in my opinion.

400 fans who, in good faith, paid £40 for a membership and spent God knows how much following the club around the country in order to gain points, were denied the opportunity to buy the ticket which, for all we know, they spent that money in order to get the right to purchase.

I'm not a member, so have no skin in the game, but I'd suggest a minimum should be a free membership next year for those who legitimately lost out. No doubt the club's database would make it easy to work out which 400 they are.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 14:59 - Apr 7 with 1782 viewsDJR

Todays ticketing on 14:11 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Let them eat cake!
Todays ticketing on 15:14 - Apr 7 with 1704 viewsAviator

It's things like this, (together with VAR and Sky) that have me questioning whether I really want to see us promoted!
Todays ticketing on 15:19 - Apr 7 with 1673 viewslunatic1988

Todays ticketing on 14:35 - Apr 7 by Mullet

I found out it was 200 about a fortnight ago maybe. Assumed that meant 100 comps with a plus 1.

A few days ago I was shown it was actually 200 staff plus 1. I couldn't believe it. Had I not seen who was involved I'd have dismissed it. Was asked not to make it public and left it at that.

When mates started telling me what was there, how the women's team, ex players (anyone who still associates with Paul Cook should be banned not given a ticket!) and the rumour that Wardley had 8 tickets I couldn't understand what the club were thinking.

It's a massive slap in the face and puts them in a really unenviable position or their own doing.

Wardley defiantly had 8, I saw him and his friends on the train. Never seen any of them at away games before, obvs best mate with Ashton. Times like this make the membership pointless. Club needs to address this asap
Todays ticketing on 15:58 - Apr 7 with 1554 viewsITFC_Forever

Todays ticketing on 09:10 - Apr 7 by NeedhamChris

You'd think with £16,000 (400*£40) they could have just had an away day.

Poor from Ashton this - all for reward and recognition but not at the expense of fans for a game that means so much. Corporate backslapping clearly more of a priority for this one.

400 * £40 is irrelevant. The Norwich 400 still had to pay for their tickets…. It’s the coach and horses through the points system / membership scheme that has been undermined.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Todays ticketing on 15:59 - Apr 7 with 1546 viewsITFC_Forever

Todays ticketing on 21:08 - Apr 6 by Zx1988

To home matches, yes. But still only if there are spare tickets once the general public have had their chance.

Not to an away game with a highly limited allocation, and stratospheric demand for tickets.
[Post edited 6 Apr 21:09]

Er, most of them, if not all would be working a home game…

Todays ticketing on 16:07 - Apr 7 with 1492 viewsITFC_Forever

Todays ticketing on 11:23 - Apr 7 by BseaBlue

It's a massive own goal from the club. A few people have said it's just because we lost but as Romy said, imagine if we had stuffed them and some of our loyal followers missed out to day trippers that don't normally go.

The club would do well to apologise and move on quickly. Lessons learned and all that.

Ratcheting that up another level, a win yesterday would have put us on 90 points, enough to secure promotion in most years.
Which means we could have secured promotion at Carrow Road. Imagine missing that because Colin the West Ham fan in ITFC accounts and his uninterested wife fancied a nice little day out,

Todays ticketing on 16:11 - Apr 7 with 1464 viewsZx1988

Todays ticketing on 15:59 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

Er, most of them, if not all would be working a home game…

Was this matchday staff, or the salaried folks handling the day-to-day running of the club in Monday-Friday type roles?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Todays ticketing on 16:24 - Apr 7 with 1413 viewsITFC_Forever

Todays ticketing on 16:11 - Apr 7 by Zx1988

Was this matchday staff, or the salaried folks handling the day-to-day running of the club in Monday-Friday type roles?

Not sure to be fair… but I’d think most the full-time staff would also have a role on match days…

Todays ticketing on 16:50 - Apr 7 with 1328 viewsbudgiebasher

Absolute scandal if the rumours are true. What were they thinking? Loads of great PR undone in an instant. Feel really sorry for those who’ve spent their hard earned travelling the length and breadth of the country following the team to miss out in these circumstances.

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

Todays ticketing on 16:54 - Apr 7 with 1277 viewsFrimleyBlue

Todays ticketing on 16:07 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Forever

Ratcheting that up another level, a win yesterday would have put us on 90 points, enough to secure promotion in most years.
Which means we could have secured promotion at Carrow Road. Imagine missing that because Colin the West Ham fan in ITFC accounts and his uninterested wife fancied a nice little day out,

Also.

6 games to. Away to nodge. Going for promotion.

Do you.... want as much away atmosphere as possible
Or make it a corporate event and just treat it like a day out.

In a sport where players and manager have said the atmosphere has got them through games..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Todays ticketing on 17:13 - Apr 7 with 1210 viewswitchdoctor

Todays ticketing on 14:11 - Apr 7 by tivo

Why are you making things up?

didn’t you then Mark?
Todays ticketing on 17:22 - Apr 7 with 1154 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Todays ticketing on 01:34 - Apr 7 by Columba

Maybe people should get extra points for actually being from Ipswich. Or from Suffolk at the very least.

Why?
Todays ticketing on 17:40 - Apr 7 with 1074 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Todays ticketing on 09:19 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

Payment isn’t the issue

It’s those fans who have paid £40 membership , spent hundreds if not more on travel, tickets and hotels who did this to get the required points.

To then have 400 people there , not even fans some of them is a complete pi$$ take

That’s exactly the issue here. Did they to Sunderland, Plymouth, Middlesbrough or Bristol City on a Tuesday night? I very much doubt it. Makes a mockery of the membership scheme that many of us have paid out for, let alone all the other costs involved in travelling to away games. I was never going to get a Norwich ticket with17 points but for those that just missed out… I’d be livid. A massive club own goal. Thought we’d left this behind. Also concerning for next season if we did get promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024