Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment 22:53 - Apr 8 with 4972 viewsNeedhamChris

Anything resembling pessimism/negativity (Aviator's post earlier as an example) is just met with either brazen abuse or 'Budgie' - it's making the forum a bit tiresome. A well known and 'respected' posted called me a C U next Tuesday last week but it doesn't seem to be that out of the norm. Are we all so stressed with the end of the season that we're taking it out via our keyboards? I've been a member for a few years now and it's currently the most unpleasant it's been in that time - albeit still a good forum in comparison to many others.

Not innocent either (although haven't sworn at anyone) - but why it's so fractious at the moment I have no idea.

Given that I don't think the site has anything in place to identify and safeguard U-18's (will apologise if I'm wrong), we could all do with pondering whether we'd be happy setting this example to minors.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:00 - Apr 8 with 3099 viewsN2_Blue

No one is forcing you to be here, leave if you don't like it.

Think Aviator got the reaction they completely deserved. There is being negative because you're naturally pessimistic and there is being negative to deliberately provoke a reaction...Aviator falls into the latter category.

Look at the history of their posts...

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:00 - Apr 8 with 3093 viewshomer_123

It's goes in fits and starts.

It's not that bad at the moment in comparison to where its been before. That said, I think we've list some good posters over the last few years...IMHO.

As an aside...nothing wrong with discussing things that aren't working so well but it's often how that is positioned....its rarely balanced...again...just my opinion.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:03 - Apr 8 with 3075 viewsWeWereZombies

It does seem strange that as we reach an apogee of our fortunes the mood worsens but perhaps that is just a reflection of heightened emotions. TWTD does get into these negative phases at times and this one has not been the worst. My advice is do not let it get to you and if certain posters are abusive then just stop interacting with them.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:10 - Apr 8 with 3025 viewsNthQldITFC

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:03 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

It does seem strange that as we reach an apogee of our fortunes the mood worsens but perhaps that is just a reflection of heightened emotions. TWTD does get into these negative phases at times and this one has not been the worst. My advice is do not let it get to you and if certain posters are abusive then just stop interacting with them.

It's heightened emotions, but it's also because we're all so used to wall-to-wall success!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:17 - Apr 8 with 2970 viewsAviator

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:00 - Apr 8 by N2_Blue

No one is forcing you to be here, leave if you don't like it.

Think Aviator got the reaction they completely deserved. There is being negative because you're naturally pessimistic and there is being negative to deliberately provoke a reaction...Aviator falls into the latter category.

Look at the history of their posts...

My post was actually showing the positives of playing our games later and knowing what we would need to do (for better or worse).

Do I think we will go up automatically: No. Doesn't make me a) Negative or b) a Budgie! It's a realistic point of view.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:41 - Apr 8 with 2889 viewsBlueBadger

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:17 - Apr 8 by Aviator

My post was actually showing the positives of playing our games later and knowing what we would need to do (for better or worse).

Do I think we will go up automatically: No. Doesn't make me a) Negative or b) a Budgie! It's a realistic point of view.

You'd look a lot less like a budgie if you weren't proudly proclaiming your intention to back our opponents a few days ago,

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:56 - Apr 8 with 2836 viewsEireannach_gorm

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:17 - Apr 8 by Aviator

I see you more as an anti-supporter.
Coventry and Hull away. by Aviator 18 Feb 9:21
IF automatic promotion is not possible by April 20th, will we be hoping to lose those games? :)

Suggest we may need to give the first team a rest in preparation for the playoffs. Haha.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 00:14 - Apr 9 with 2797 viewsRyorry

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:03 - Apr 8 by WeWereZombies

I don't think the mood's worsened - just that we have a couple (or is it only one? 🤔) of particularly negative WUM/s/trolls on here atm doing their best to diss everything about ITFC that they can, just at the very time we've been having the most enjoyment, fun & success of any time in the past 20 years. I don't think that timing is a coincidence.

Above everything else, we (& I mean the forum generally, not just you & I) shouldn't let one or two people's spanners chucked in succeed in disrupting our forum fans' togetherness & good spirit of the last two years (which fwiw, I think has for the most part been exceptioally good over the past few months). Just ignore them, they're not worth our time or energy, don't let them steal our fun. They'll soon get bored & toddle off back to wherever they came from.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 05:28 - Apr 9 with 2596 viewsMK1

There is negativity and then there is Aviator's negativity.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 06:40 - Apr 9 with 2497 viewspennblue

Negativity is never particularly useful, but I would say it is damaging right now so if you can try and wind your neck in for a few more weeks, that would be most useful
[Post edited 9 Apr 6:40]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 06:51 - Apr 9 with 2449 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 23:10 - Apr 8 by NthQldITFC

It's heightened emotions, but it's also because we're all so used to wall-to-wall success!

Just imagine the harmony on here when we reach the promised land!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 07:56 - Apr 9 with 2256 viewshoppy

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 06:51 - Apr 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just imagine the harmony on here when we reach the promised land!

At least some of the arguments then will go to VAR to be checked, or isn’t that how it works?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 07:56 - Apr 9 with 2253 viewsSwailsey

Nothing compared to the Jewell or later MM years.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 07:59 - Apr 9 with 2241 viewsSwailsey

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 07:56 - Apr 9 by hoppy

At least some of the arguments then will go to VAR to be checked, or isn’t that how it works?

“You’ve been docked 4 uppies”

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:30 - Apr 9 with 2137 viewsEuropablue

It's because we never do it the easy way. We have a lot of supporters who have suffered over the years, and getting negative after a set back is a defence mechanism. All we needed to do was win 6 straight games and we lost the first one! Now all we have to do is win the next 5!
All we can really do is win tomorrow and see where that leaves us. Then we can put all of our energy into the Middlesborough match and have a bit of a rest. Last year and especially this year I have been much more engaged and actually watching all of the matches is exhausting even though I only went to one match in person.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:42 - Apr 9 with 2078 viewsStewart27

Don’t think so. People are rightfully upset losing to the trophy dodgers again. But most people see it as a blip in an otherwise remarkable season which hasn’t finished yet.

I know I’m a little tense about what the next few weeks could bring. I’d take that feeling in a heartbeat compared to the apathy I felt for the 15 years prior to KM’s arrival.

But please don’t point out one of the most moronic posts ever written by Avatar and use it as a stick to beat people with.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:43 - Apr 9 with 2074 viewsN2_Blue

No it’s not.

I have zero interest in engaging with you.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:57 - Apr 9 with 2015 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 07:56 - Apr 9 by hoppy

And up vote deductions for any serious offenses (except for board heavyweights of course).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:58 - Apr 9 with 2012 viewsHerbivore

I guess when just 14 months ago you were the one relentlessly spamming the forum with McKenna out posts you might be more sympathetic to the plight of those who are doing similar now. Aviator only posts a load of OTT negative dross and they do so to get a reaction, it's very obvious trolling. You'll see that plenty of other regular posters have criticised the Norwich performance without being accused of trolling because, well, they aren't trolling and Aviator very clearly is. You're also not averse to calling people out, you started a thread calling out Arnie a while ago over their negative posting about Woolfenden. On the other hand, you're also happy to start threads digging out players yourself. In short, be the change you want to see instead of projecting on to others.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 09:32 - Apr 9 with 1942 viewshoppy

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 08:57 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

And up vote deductions for any serious offenses (except for board heavyweights of course).

Board heavyweights?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 09:38 - Apr 9 with 1922 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You made your point in Aviator's thread, why did you need to start a new one to make the same point?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 09:58 - Apr 9 with 1877 viewsWhos_blue

It would be helped if people didn't post provocative nonsense on here.
I love talking about football, music and politics.
I get all of that here.
You just have to wade through the BS sometimes or just ignore certain posters or threads.
There is some unpleasentness, but most people just want to get along and are able to articulate an opposing view point without the need for agression.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:21 - Apr 9 with 1830 viewsPhilTWTD

I have to say this calling anyone who says anything vaguely negative a Norwich fan is getting really tedious. We had someone, who I know is a Town fan and has posted on here over a long period using a couple of usernames, left the site a few weeks ago as someone made that claim and then others took that to be genuine and pretty much everything he posted had the same claim made. I removed the posts and had a quiet word with a couple of people but it didn't stop. Think we may have to take tougher action on repeat offenders.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:28 - Apr 9 with 1767 viewsRyorry

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:21 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

I have to say this calling anyone who says anything vaguely negative a Norwich fan is getting really tedious. We had someone, who I know is a Town fan and has posted on here over a long period using a couple of usernames, left the site a few weeks ago as someone made that claim and then others took that to be genuine and pretty much everything he posted had the same claim made. I removed the posts and had a quiet word with a couple of people but it didn't stop. Think we may have to take tougher action on repeat offenders.

Sorry to have hinted at it here. Just seemed very odd timing to me for one or two people (and I don’t mean the OP) to start being so extremely negative.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:33 - Apr 9 with 1732 viewsblueasfook

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:21 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

That GiantStow fella. I have a feeling he's a Norwich fan.

But he loves us more.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024