Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment 22:53 - Apr 8 with 5348 viewsNeedhamChris

Anything resembling pessimism/negativity (Aviator's post earlier as an example) is just met with either brazen abuse or 'Budgie' - it's making the forum a bit tiresome. A well known and 'respected' posted called me a C U next Tuesday last week but it doesn't seem to be that out of the norm. Are we all so stressed with the end of the season that we're taking it out via our keyboards? I've been a member for a few years now and it's currently the most unpleasant it's been in that time - albeit still a good forum in comparison to many others.

Not innocent either (although haven't sworn at anyone) - but why it's so fractious at the moment I have no idea.

Given that I don't think the site has anything in place to identify and safeguard U-18's (will apologise if I'm wrong), we could all do with pondering whether we'd be happy setting this example to minors.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 14:50 - Apr 9 with 741 viewsKropotkin123

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 11:12 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

It does become annoying for posters when pretty much every post is followed up by someone making such a claim.

It's more annoying reading constant streams of negativity to the point you are convinced someone is deliberately trolling or a fan of Norwich.

We got to the point with Frimley that a player's dad had to step in and stand up for him. How many people put them on ignore or stopped turning up here because it got too much?

I think if someone is being labelled a troll or a budgie then they should look at what they are posting.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:09 - Apr 9 with 699 viewsKropotkin123

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 13:32 - Apr 9 by Aviator

How can I prove to you that I'm not a Norwich Supporter? Perhaps you could set me a little quiz?

You're missing the point, they clearly said "If he is an Norwich supporter... they’re more than welcome."

Perhaps start with... "why do people think I'm trolling or a Norwich fan?" Or "What is it that I'm saying (or how I am saying it) that induces a negative reaction in others?" Address those and you'll be fine, budgie or not.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:19 - Apr 9 with 686 viewsHerbivore

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:09 - Apr 9 by Kropotkin123

You're missing the point, they clearly said "If he is an Norwich supporter... they’re more than welcome."

Perhaps start with... "why do people think I'm trolling or a Norwich fan?" Or "What is it that I'm saying (or how I am saying it) that induces a negative reaction in others?" Address those and you'll be fine, budgie or not.

Indeed. The three options are that (a) they are a Norwich fan, (b) they're a troll, (c) they're just a really, really sh!t Ipswich fan. If you are any of those things, you should probably reflect on your life choices rather than complain that people think you might be one of those things.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:27 - Apr 9 with 656 viewsgiant_stow

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:35 - Apr 9 by PhilTWTD

He just doesn't realise he's a Town fan yet.

oi!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:27 - Apr 9 with 656 viewsStokieBlue

Context is key.

A negative post is often fine if it's well reasoned.

A posting history full of negative posts is likely to be called out and an explanation sought.

For Aviator, you've taken offense on their behalf and totally ignored context.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:56 - Apr 9 with 607 viewshoppy

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:27 - Apr 9 by giant_stow

oi!

I can understand your annoyance at that. You're not a simpleton, so I'm sure you're fully aware that you are a Town fan.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 16:22 - Apr 9 with 577 viewsgiant_stow

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 15:56 - Apr 9 by hoppy

I can understand your annoyance at that. You're not a simpleton, so I'm sure you're fully aware that you are a Town fan.

I'll take the not a simpleton bit as the highest of praise!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No need really. (n/t) on 16:53 - Apr 9 with 536 viewsBloots

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 14:37 - Apr 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've explained why it's not but you're too stupid to understand.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Login to get fewer ads

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:14 - Apr 9 with 502 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 16:22 - Apr 9 by giant_stow

I'll take the not a simpleton bit as the highest of praise!

Def a town fan. There’s only so long you can be on here before we rub off on you.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:19 - Apr 9 with 484 viewsRyorry

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:14 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

Def a town fan. There’s only so long you can be on here before we rub off on you.

Come off it Swanners, there are limits! 😱
[Post edited 9 Apr 17:20]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:21 - Apr 9 with 477 viewsgiant_stow

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:14 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

I think this might be the first time I've been propositioned for 2 decades.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 18:58 - Apr 9 with 405 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:21 - Apr 9 by giant_stow

It was so obvious I couldn’t resist. I’m just surprised Keno or Hoppy didn’t get in first, so to speak.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:09 - Apr 9 with 372 viewshoppy

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 18:58 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

It was so obvious I couldn’t resist. I’m just surprised Keno or Hoppy didn’t get in first, so to speak.

oi!

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:14 - Apr 9 with 366 viewsMK1

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 10:33 - Apr 9 by blueasfook

That GiantStow fella. I have a feeling he's a Norwich fan.

But he loves us more.

They all wish they chose Blue instead of Custard.
Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:23 - Apr 9 with 349 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:09 - Apr 9 by hoppy

oi!

Fair point. Base smutt is more Keno’s thing isn’t it? Whenever there’s a chance for a double entendre, he’ll always give us one.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:30 - Apr 9 with 333 viewshoppy

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 19:23 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

Fair point. Base smutt is more Keno’s thing isn’t it? Whenever there’s a chance for a double entendre, he’ll always give us one.

It's what makes him get up in the morning.

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 20:06 - Apr 9 with 296 viewsChurchman

Does feel like this place is getting worse at the moment on 17:21 - Apr 9 by giant_stow

That’s an about a decade longer than I have! … if ever. Think yourself lucky 😃
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024