Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday 20:12 - Apr 14 with 2949 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

It felt to me that KMc being the professional and level headed person he is was sensing the crowd were subdued after the game and was gesturing as if to say come on we need noise more than ever and not just when we've won. And he's right....too many people just leave and don't show the same support if not winning. Also seemed poor for only circa 10% of the crowd to stay for the presentations after, although it does seem a odd time to hand out such awards.
As of the final whistle yesterday we have a 60% chance of promotion to the PL which is statistically the best chance we've had since Naylor scored the second goal at Wembley 24 years ago. Food for thought.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:17 - Apr 14 with 2672 viewspointofblue

It seemed very odd timing to do the presentation after yesterday's game, rather than part of the post match stuff v Huddersfield. Though I guess it might be a bit flat if we're not in the top two - and they might push the players thanks to after the play off game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:20 - Apr 14 with 2651 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:17 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

It seemed very odd timing to do the presentation after yesterday's game, rather than part of the post match stuff v Huddersfield. Though I guess it might be a bit flat if we're not in the top two - and they might push the players thanks to after the play off game.

I think the feeling was it became a bit of a distraction last year after the Exeter match and went on for ages. I guess that was why it was moved to yesterday and split between the beginning and the end.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:22 - Apr 14 with 2611 viewsITFCson

It was the same after Watford. I think it was Woolfie trying to gee up a subdued crowd at the final whistle. I do agree that given what’s at stake and after the season we’ve had more fans ought to have stayed behind for the awards to show their appreciation.
[Post edited 14 Apr 20:22]
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:25 - Apr 14 with 2552 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I suspect there is a strong correlation between those that stay to applaud and those that have sat through in the region of 15 years or so of mostly not such good times.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:01 - Apr 14 with 2343 viewsIllinoisblue

How did you come to that 60% chance?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:22 - Apr 14 with 2216 viewsHighgateBlue

The naughty pedant in me would point out that the chance of promotion has been greater at a time after the Naylor goal, namely when Stewart scored and then again when Reuser scored.

But that is not a constructive contribution, I fully appreciate. Allowed me to relive those memories though. The Hignett shot going in off Wright. The penalty save. Naylor scoring one and making two others (the Stewart goal was a Clapham assist yes, but Naylor brought it down like Ronaldinho to feed Clapham on the left). What's the expression? Oh yes, "TWTD"...
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:37 - Apr 14 with 2111 viewsITFCson

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:01 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

We are trading around 1.6 for promotion on the exchange is probably how the OP landed at 60%. Obviously that number will change a lot in the next couple of weeks but as of now the 60% is an accurate number.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 22:59 - Apr 14 with 1903 viewsBuhrer

I just thought he was loving the noise, and appreciating the crowd. But apparently he was actually 'sensing the crowd was subdued' and making a statement against 90% of fans? Or thats subjective bollo cks. Tosh for thought.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:07 - Apr 14 with 1846 viewsitfctilidie

Where are these percentages pulled from?
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:07 - Apr 14 with 1844 viewsnorfsufblue

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 22:59 - Apr 14 by Buhrer

I just thought he was loving the noise, and appreciating the crowd. But apparently he was actually 'sensing the crowd was subdued' and making a statement against 90% of fans? Or thats subjective bollo cks. Tosh for thought.

Thought he was looking very appreciative when walking towards Churchmans, thought the support from all 4 sides was pretty good considering the nervousness acutely evident
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:21 - Apr 14 with 1799 viewsGarv

Might sound silly but the crowd put a lot into that game yesterday. There was pretty much constant noise and songs all game and that rarely happens, even during a season like this.

It was a stressful and slightly frustrating game to watch. The final whistle was just a bit of a come down and everyone knew how amazing a goal and an extra two points would have felt.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:31 - Apr 14 with 1741 viewsBondiBlue

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:37 - Apr 14 by ITFCson

We are trading around 1.6 for promotion on the exchange is probably how the OP landed at 60%. Obviously that number will change a lot in the next couple of weeks but as of now the 60% is an accurate number.

Have the worlds of finance and gambling finally admitted that they are the same thing? "Trading on an exchange"? What is being traded?

Don't even get me started on crypto.

Poll: Which would you accept?

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:48 - Apr 14 with 1697 viewsstonojnr

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:25 - Apr 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

I suspect there is a strong correlation between those that stay to applaud and those that have sat through in the region of 15 years or so of mostly not such good times.

nope :) those that stay to applaud, have always stayed to applaud, those that leave have other places to be.

I wanted to get to planet blue before it shut.

and I do think if you are going to pick a game to do it, you do it final home game of the season, as its the one game most might stay around for a bit post match/season celebrating.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 00:03 - Apr 15 with 1653 viewsitfctilidie

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:48 - Apr 14 by stonojnr

nope :) those that stay to applaud, have always stayed to applaud, those that leave have other places to be.

I wanted to get to planet blue before it shut.

and I do think if you are going to pick a game to do it, you do it final home game of the season, as its the one game most might stay around for a bit post match/season celebrating.

Or you just do it before kick off whilst players are out on pitch warming up - once main warm up is done about 5 mins before they are due to go back in - just like it used to be - all fans pretty much there in their seats and applauding. Common sense approach
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 07:08 - Apr 15 with 1371 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I don't think he was pushing for more noise.

I just think he was reminding everyone that a point isn't the end of the world and we're still in the box seat for promotion.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 07:08 - Apr 15 with 1368 viewsBluespeed225

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:21 - Apr 14 by Garv

Might sound silly but the crowd put a lot into that game yesterday. There was pretty much constant noise and songs all game and that rarely happens, even during a season like this.

It was a stressful and slightly frustrating game to watch. The final whistle was just a bit of a come down and everyone knew how amazing a goal and an extra two points would have felt.

I thought the support was good, the roar as that one rolled against the post just after we scored was up there! Crowd stayed with it, but a crowd are like the players, we run out of energy, and also emotional energy, we’re so near, yet so far. But, we have to appreciate this moment, the best in over a generation. Travelling support to Hull and Cov will be up for it, could be Barnsley last year again!
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 07:46 - Apr 15 with 1287 viewsJimmy86

I think, whilst it's a point gained he will be aware himself, that drawing against both Watford and Boro at home, when other results on both occasions went our way are a couple of opportunities missed.

It appears that the promotion race is affecting all of us at the top.. whoever gets promoted will be the team to keep it together in these last 3 games..
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 07:46 - Apr 15 with 1287 viewstextbackup

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:25 - Apr 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

I never understand this, win lose or draw if people need to get away to then live their lives away from PR why are they then not a proper fan?

I stayed to clap Saturday, but vs Sheff Wednesday & Bristol City I didn’t. That’ll throw you

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 09:08 - Apr 15 with 1128 viewsMeadowlark

Like many others, I have a train to catch, and although sometimes the timing means I can hang around after the game, on Saturday I definitely couldn't.
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 09:12 - Apr 15 with 1117 viewsITFCson

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:31 - Apr 14 by BondiBlue

Have the worlds of finance and gambling finally admitted that they are the same thing? "Trading on an exchange"? What is being traded?

Money. Although nowadays there are bookies that accept crypto
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 09:16 - Apr 15 with 1098 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I didn't even realise they were doing presentations and just headed to the pub!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 09:19 - Apr 15 with 1080 viewsBlueRaider

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 20:17 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

It seemed very badly publicised, first I knew of it was in the ground. The vote too in my view was not publicised well, I didn't know about it until it was closed, and I know several others who've said the same thing too

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 11:34 - Apr 15 with 925 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 21:01 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

Ipswich are odds of 1.6 (6/10) to get promoted on the betting exchange. Therefore these odds are pretty correct as a betting exchange does not work like a soft bookmaker (ladbrokes etc). Therefore 1.6 correlates to a 60% chance.

£100 on Ipswich to get promoted = £160 returns
£100 on Ipswich not to get promoted = £266 returns
[Post edited 15 Apr 11:37]
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 11:41 - Apr 15 with 884 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 23:31 - Apr 14 by BondiBlue

No they haven't, however looking at the betting exchange odds is as better way to get the percentages as any other. Also I'm sure if you'd look at 10's of thousands of results vs exchange odds over time they would be close to 100% accurate as a average.

Crypto......anyone smart enough and with balls would have put themselves in a favourable financial position (if of course they were financially okay to invest some time ago)
McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 12:19 - Apr 15 with 771 viewsGarv

McKenna rallying the crowd after the game yesterday on 07:08 - Apr 15 by Bluespeed225

I thought the support was good, the roar as that one rolled against the post just after we scored was up there! Crowd stayed with it, but a crowd are like the players, we run out of energy, and also emotional energy, we’re so near, yet so far. But, we have to appreciate this moment, the best in over a generation. Travelling support to Hull and Cov will be up for it, could be Barnsley last year again!

The more I watch that chance back from Sarmiento the more I think it's a bad miss. Why did he toe poke it? The keeper wasn't exactly on top of him, he could have met it on the bounce with the inside of his foot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024