Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? 17:13 - May 10 with 12348 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lot of boycotting. Israel televote landslide victory incoming and the future of Eurovision to be put into huge doubt in the aftermath. Chaos.

They’re 2/1 now to win outright after being 40/1 yesterday lunchtime before the semi final vote in Italy was leaked. The Dutch bloke being likely kicked out for punching one of the Israeli delegation today too for mocking his dead dad adds to the shenanigans.

It’s always political. We all know that. But this is way worse this year. The Israeli singer was booed throughout and yet the crowd noise was muzzled and replaced with fake cheers over the tv which seems to have increased the tensions.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:51 - May 11 with 1820 viewsCaptainAhab

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:38 - May 11 by Sarge

My top 5 is
1) Finland
2) Ukraine
3) Switzerland
4) Norway
5) Croatia (in the sad absence of the Netherlands)

If one of those doesn’t win it will be a travesty

Switzerland or Finland for me, but I've got a feeling it will be Croatia
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:08 - May 11 with 1724 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:48 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

As opposed to trolling a young Israeli woman trying to bring music to her countrymen and women, less than a year after so many young people were raped, mutilated and murdered at a music festival in Israel.

Who’s doing that?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:10 - May 11 with 1716 viewsN2_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 12:10 - May 11 by pointofblue

I hate to be so confident as I appreciate your experience and knowledge when it comes to betting on events, Rommers, but I don't think Israel will win. They're not like Ukraine, who had the whole continent on their side. Admittedly, it's difficult because there are 23 or 24 anti-Israel votes rather than just the one but I think Croatia or Switzerland will pull through, with an outside chance of France.

As an aside, as posted above, Joost was kicked out for an altercation with a member of the technical team, rather than someone from the Israeli delegation.

How could anyone think Israel have a chance of winning. Eurovision is always political and whilst people would have sympathy at what happened to Israel from those Hamas attacks everything Israel has done since is a long list of war crimes.

40/1 sounds much more realistic. Can’t believe why they would have got so short??

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:38 - May 11 with 1617 viewsredrickstuhaart

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:10 - May 11 by N2_Blue

How could anyone think Israel have a chance of winning. Eurovision is always political and whilst people would have sympathy at what happened to Israel from those Hamas attacks everything Israel has done since is a long list of war crimes.

40/1 sounds much more realistic. Can’t believe why they would have got so short??

There is a narrative out there that it is only a few lefty terrorist sympathisers and anti semites who have issues with Israel and that the normal folks are supportive...
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:44 - May 11 with 1553 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:38 - May 11 by redrickstuhaart

There is a narrative out there that it is only a few lefty terrorist sympathisers and anti semites who have issues with Israel and that the normal folks are supportive...

Looks like you underestimated the general public dear boy. And the great British public awarded Israel 12 points.
[Post edited 11 May 23:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:47 - May 11 with 1558 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Well deserved Switzerland. Edit. Boo no chance of falling off in the encore.
[Post edited 11 May 23:50]

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:48 - May 11 with 1534 viewsSarge

Thank goodness for the juries, ensuring music won over politics. Although Finland woz robbed obvs.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:48 - May 11 with 1532 viewsredrickstuhaart

Deeply embarrassed by the UK "televote". Seems surprising and odd.
Login to get fewer ads

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:52 - May 11 with 1474 viewsmalbec_blue

Quite. And the type of people who are actually anti-semitic won't be the kind to have much truck with the Palestinians living both amongst them and next door either. Such will be their wont.

No, it's just another facet for the racists to hide behind. We know Palestinians have been subjected to a living hell but too many don't care, preferring instead to name Hamas' existence as a ready-made excuse every time the matter crops up.

It's easier to hide behind that than to face the facts innocent people have been slaughtered in their tens of thousands in front of our very eyes. They don't care. That's the bottom line. And no amount of token mentions will disguise that.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:53 - May 11 with 1470 viewsN2_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:48 - May 11 by redrickstuhaart

Agree. Cannot believe the UK public gave Israel 12 points. So glad they didn’t win.

Love and peace to all my neural peaceful Swiss friends

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:53 - May 11 with 1443 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not just the UK. Israel had the second highest public vote share from around the world.

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:55 - May 11 with 1420 viewsTonytown

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:53 - May 11 by GlasgowBlue

Not just the UK. Israel had the second highest public vote share from around the world.

I’m sure it was all because of the song and nothing else
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:59 - May 11 with 1388 viewsmellowblue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:55 - May 11 by Tonytown

I’m sure it was all because of the song and nothing else

Anybody notice that the Swiss plonker managed to smash the trophy at the end of his repeat performance?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 00:02 - May 12 with 1357 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:59 - May 11 by mellowblue

Anybody notice that the Swiss plonker managed to smash the trophy at the end of his repeat performance?

Sorry, no. I’d rather rip my eyes out than watch that crap

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 00:04 - May 12 with 1341 viewswkj

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 22:51 - May 11 by CaptainAhab

Switzerland or Finland for me, but I've got a feeling it will be Croatia

No Rules was a banger

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 03:41 - May 12 with 1125 viewsvictorywilhappen

Not sure the winner would be any more popular with some protesters or the leaders of Palestine and probably much of the population of that same land.

Euro-vision is a strange theatre of Irony. b/w thinking, slogans, identity, nationalism, questionable talent and excess.

The next major stage will be the Olympics.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 07:57 - May 12 with 1008 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:45 - May 11 by noggin

You obviously don't remember Kisses For Me by BHOM.

Or Salvador Sobral's beautiful, plaintive, heart melting performance.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:41 - May 12 with 950 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:08 - May 11 by Swansea_Blue

Who’s doing that?

Perhaps trolling is the wrong word. Bullying and intimidation would be better. Death threats, hounded out if her hotel room by other contestants, harassment, booing and ignored by most of the panel of judges, despite Eden having a very good song which gained the second highest amount of votes from the worldwide general public.

If you see the actual footage of her performance with the original sound feed the “trolls” tried their hardest to drown out her singing. That she actually gave such an inspiring and emotional performance throughout that noise is remarkable. A fitting tribute from Eden to those young Israeli music fans who went to a festival and never came back.

Iron Lion Zion

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:58 - May 12 with 918 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:41 - May 12 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps trolling is the wrong word. Bullying and intimidation would be better. Death threats, hounded out if her hotel room by other contestants, harassment, booing and ignored by most of the panel of judges, despite Eden having a very good song which gained the second highest amount of votes from the worldwide general public.

If you see the actual footage of her performance with the original sound feed the “trolls” tried their hardest to drown out her singing. That she actually gave such an inspiring and emotional performance throughout that noise is remarkable. A fitting tribute from Eden to those young Israeli music fans who went to a festival and never came back.

It'd be great if this could just be a music show.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 09:07 - May 12 with 898 viewsHerbivore

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:58 - May 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

It'd be great if this could just be a music show.

I dunno, without all the politics it's just a load of terrible music.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 09:59 - May 12 with 809 viewsMullet

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 09:07 - May 12 by Herbivore

I dunno, without all the politics it's just a load of terrible music.

And lights and choreography and wonderful costumes. Lovely stuff.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:18 - May 12 with 773 viewsWhos_blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 08:41 - May 12 by GlasgowBlue

In isolation, your last sentence captures the spirit of the song perfectly Glassers.
Sadly, it's just become impossible to separate that and current systematic dismantling of Gaza by the state of Israel.
Israel are starting to lose important allies on the international scene. The US have sent a strong message already and Cameron has said this morning that the UK doesn't support an attack on Rafa and also criticised Israel's lack of consideration for aid to the tens of thousands of displaced Palestinians.
Whilst a strong performance in a signing contest may be a welcome filip for Israel in the current climate, it seems fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
Netanyahu is seemingly a power crazy lunatic and the damage he is doing to the reputation of Israel may set the state back for years, maybe decades.
Anyhoo, not sure how a thread about europop has ended up here!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:37 - May 12 with 723 viewsleitrimblue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:18 - May 12 by Whos_blue

In isolation, your last sentence captures the spirit of the song perfectly Glassers.
Sadly, it's just become impossible to separate that and current systematic dismantling of Gaza by the state of Israel.
Israel are starting to lose important allies on the international scene. The US have sent a strong message already and Cameron has said this morning that the UK doesn't support an attack on Rafa and also criticised Israel's lack of consideration for aid to the tens of thousands of displaced Palestinians.
Whilst a strong performance in a signing contest may be a welcome filip for Israel in the current climate, it seems fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.
Netanyahu is seemingly a power crazy lunatic and the damage he is doing to the reputation of Israel may set the state back for years, maybe decades.
Anyhoo, not sure how a thread about europop has ended up here!

I don't think it's to controversial to suggest that countries involved in apartheid and genocide probably shouldn't be invited to polite events like Eurovision or world cups etc
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 10:40 - May 12 with 705 viewsRyorry

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 00:02 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Sorry, no. I’d rather rip my eyes out than watch that crap

I hate ads, so briefly flicked over to Eurovision (during Germany's song) in an ads break on a commercial channel. After less than a minute, the ads seemed preferable & I switched back! 😂

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 11:39 - May 12 with 626 viewsTheSweeny

Thoughts are with you and the BBC at this difficult time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024