Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... 13:28 - May 15 with 5532 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd go with Carrick.

Any other suggestions?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:49 - May 15 with 879 views_clive_baker_

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:44 - May 15 by soupytwist

If that's Rohl's buyout clause I'd hope McKenna's is at least the same.

And there's always a bit of room for negotiation surely.

I read somewhere that Rohl's is particularly high, but Mckenna's is too so I dare say they would broadly net out.

Always strikes me as odd how clubs are prepared to pay ridiculous money for average players, but the suggestion of paying a few million for your preferred manager is so controversial. When you look at the differential potential of getting the right manager in it feels like a no brainer.
[Post edited 15 May 14:56]
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:58 - May 15 with 831 viewsBiGDonnie

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:49 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

I read somewhere that Rohl's is particularly high, but Mckenna's is too so I dare say they would broadly net out.

Always strikes me as odd how clubs are prepared to pay ridiculous money for average players, but the suggestion of paying a few million for your preferred manager is so controversial. When you look at the differential potential of getting the right manager in it feels like a no brainer.
[Post edited 15 May 14:56]

I remember Phil saying we had a large buyout when McKenna signed his last contract with us.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:59 - May 15 with 810 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:36 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

It’s turgid. 2nd lowest possession in the division, one of the lowest number of passes, one of the highest number of long balls. They’re absolute dross.

Will give him credit he’s got results but it’s not been pretty. There’s a bit of BCWYWF results wise I think, as we had when MM left, but I wouldn’t fancy watching it every week.

Ah ok, understand people's thoughts in that now then

I withdraw Moyes name from the hat.

Cheers Clive.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:00 - May 15 with 819 viewswkj

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:49 - May 15 by ElderGrizzly

I can see a new contract landing on McKenna's desk in the next 2 weeks.

Perfect way to shut this down and reward him for promotion. And put a massive release clause in of course.

Within the next 2 hours I hope

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:02 - May 15 with 805 viewsportmanking

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:59 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Cheers Clive.

If you weren't such a motormouth on here you could've found those stats yourself in 2 mins and came to the same conclusion...
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:06 - May 15 with 781 viewsOldsmoker

Colin.
His post-match comments about VAR will be priceless.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:06 - May 15 with 763 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:02 - May 15 by portmanking

If you weren't such a motormouth on here you could've found those stats yourself in 2 mins and came to the same conclusion...

Yeah. But I like to discuss things and happy to hear what people say about things.

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:08 - May 15 with 764 views_clive_baker_

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:59 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Cheers Clive.

TBH if I owned the club and the main motivation was keeping us outside the bottom 3 for the next 12 months then there's worse shouts and less proven ones out there. He would need backing, his West Ham squad is objectively much stronger than our one, but his record speaks for itself really. I also think he seems like a decent bloke and a bit of a father figure that can probably galvanise a group of players like big Joe did.

I just think stylistically he's so far removed from what we've spent the last couple of years building towards with exciting, front foot, attacking football. Unpredictable, difficult to play against, happy to mix up our style, getting bums on seats and an excitement factor back. And I'm not an owner, I'm a supporter, and would much rather see us continue building progressively in a similar vein, and step into the PL swinging.

I can see Moyes staying out of work before joining a struggling side part way through next season. Dyche at Everton vibes.
Login to get fewer ads

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:09 - May 15 with 761 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Way too early for Rohl I think. Half a season with Wednesday, even though he did a great job, straight to the Prem is a hell of a risk. I actually think Cifuentes would be a better option to step up from the Champ.

Probably Cooper though, the safest bet whilst also fitting the model.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:23 - May 15 with 695 viewsChurchman

1. Farke - attack minded, good with the media, never moans, head like a turnip with a weave on it. What’s not to like?
2. Russell Martin. His team play good football and he’d bring fans favourite Downes with him. Done well to make the play offs with a limited budget…. And not the least bit irritating and oily
3. Roy Keane - deserves another chance at the top level. Not in the least mad
4. Woy Hodgson - you can’t beat experience
5. Warnock. His name gets waved about by every club, so why not this one?
6. Klopp - the bloke could do with a new challenge

Ok, back on earth, I’d go for Rohl or the mush that produced a miracle at QPR Cifuentes (sounds like a French cigarette). Maybe Potter.

Whoever, they need to be aligned to the CEO, ethics of the owners and the way the club is operating and moving forwards. They need to be progressive; a ‘builder’, not just a good coach.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:30 - May 15 with 667 viewsbaxterbasics

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:38 - May 15 by Keno

Aluko

This has crossed my mind actually - could be an excellent 'continuity candidate' who has learned to coach under McKenna. Wouldn't cost much. But who knows if he has got the chops for being the boss?

Of course there's also the possibility that KM would take Aluko with him, if he's that good.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:33 - May 15 with 647 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:48 - May 15 by itfcjoe

I like Danny Rohl, and think he'd be a really nice fit - but Steve Cooper may be a slightly safer choice and good PL experience.

Now we are in the PL I don't think we'd go for a first time manager

Steve Cooper seems too much of a Marcus Evans era appointment to me.

I'd have Carrick or Rohl over Cooper.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:34 - May 15 with 635 viewsbaxterbasics

George Burley ?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:38 - May 15 with 616 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:30 - May 15 by baxterbasics

This has crossed my mind actually - could be an excellent 'continuity candidate' who has learned to coach under McKenna. Wouldn't cost much. But who knows if he has got the chops for being the boss?

Of course there's also the possibility that KM would take Aluko with him, if he's that good.

Has he even got any coaching experience?!

Sounds like he was working with the analysts more than the coaches.

KM was new to management, but had c.14 years coaching experience behind him when he joined us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:40 - May 15 with 610 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:41 - May 15 by chicoazul

I disagree with your second paragraph entirely. Iraola for eg plays a totally different style of football from McK so far but he would be an excellent choice.
If the worst came to the worst we need the best man for the job not the best impersonator.

Iraola wouldnt leave Bournemouth for us.

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:40 - May 15 with 605 viewsmrfixit426

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 13:33 - May 15 by FrimleyBlue

Moyes

Obvious troll is obviously trolling again. Leopards never change their spots.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:42 - May 15 with 587 viewsMach_foreignBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:17 - May 15 by BlueBadger

Give Cookie another go. He deserved more time.

Give it to mick mccarthy. Such a decent bloke isn't he? Those nasty numbskulls pushed him out.
[Post edited 15 May 15:43]
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:43 - May 15 with 578 viewsMach_foreignBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:09 - May 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Way too early for Rohl I think. Half a season with Wednesday, even though he did a great job, straight to the Prem is a hell of a risk. I actually think Cifuentes would be a better option to step up from the Champ.

Probably Cooper though, the safest bet whilst also fitting the model.

Way too early for Rohl but not for Cifuentes? Both came in last season.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:53 - May 15 with 541 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:43 - May 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Way too early for Rohl but not for Cifuentes? Both came in last season.

To the championship yes.

Cifuentes has been a manager for 13 years though.....

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:55 - May 15 with 528 viewsMach_foreignBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:53 - May 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

To the championship yes.

Cifuentes has been a manager for 13 years though.....

Both will have done missions impossible though.
God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:55 - May 15 with 515 viewsFrimleyBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:40 - May 15 by mrfixit426

Obvious troll is obviously trolling again. Leopards never change their spots.

Whilst we've discussed the issue around him in this thread and I understand now why he's not a desired choice for some. When others are naming people like Aluko, Im genuinely surprised you think it's trolling to pop in a name of a successful manager who's about to become available.

Now, had you shared why you disagree with the name, I completely get it if your thoughts are around the style aspect as it's been discussed already but you haven't and just replying to a name given to the OP, so imo the only trolling is your post, well it's not even trolling, it's just a not required post and just a prime example of derailing someones thread.

Waka waka eh eh

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:55 - May 15 with 532 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:33 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Steve Cooper seems too much of a Marcus Evans era appointment to me.

I'd have Carrick or Rohl over Cooper.

Think that is a bit harsh on Cooper. Plays good football, did a super job at Swansea then took Forest from bottom of the league to promotion, then kept them up. All whilst working for a nut job owner. Not to mention his pedigree in youth development.

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:59 - May 15 with 513 viewsfooters

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 14:58 - May 15 by BiGDonnie

I remember Phil saying we had a large buyout when McKenna signed his last contract with us.

I can't believe the new Palace manager's is £86m.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 16:00 - May 15 with 501 viewsfooters

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 15:42 - May 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Give it to mick mccarthy. Such a decent bloke isn't he? Those nasty numbskulls pushed him out.
[Post edited 15 May 15:43]

Anyone who thinks McCarthy didn't do an excellent job given the constraints is an idiot.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 16:06 - May 15 with 467 viewsMach_foreignBlue

God forbid he does go to United, who do we get... on 16:00 - May 15 by footers

Anyone who thinks McCarthy didn't do an excellent job given the constraints is an idiot.

Nowt wrong with him belittling the club, insulting our fans, making derogatory comments, eh?

Get your facts right boy because your memory serves you poorly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024