Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 33549 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:04 - May 22 with 2316 viewsbackwaywhen

Written by a lifelong Norwich fan ……Hmmmm
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:06 - May 22 with 2244 viewsN2_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:03 - May 22 by SmithersJones

That’s been my worry. But given all the side conversations and so on that can happen, you’d think his agent would have a pretty good idea of how likely any Man Utd offer is going to be, wouldn’t you?

I think the agent will know there would be interest so is probably advising McKenna not to sign any improved contract until ETH situation develops, which it will shortly

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:06 - May 22 with 2232 viewsSmithersJones

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:47 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I would assume the club are well aware of where the noise is coming from and that KMc isn't the instigator of that sort of story.

Yes, it says talks haven’t taken place yet but they’re expected to fail. Not too difficult to narrow it down is it?
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:07 - May 22 with 2173 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:01 - May 22 by Matt_Netherlands

What makes you think that about Brighton? Assume you mean that a “no” would come from KM rather than Brighton not wanting him?

Yes, from that angle.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:08 - May 22 with 2149 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:01 - May 22 by Matt_Netherlands

What makes you think that about Brighton? Assume you mean that a “no” would come from KM rather than Brighton not wanting him?

It's probably worth us all remembering there was no "No" from McKenna around the Palace interest. He turned them down privately, and it just went away.

Hopefully the same happens here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:09 - May 22 with 2138 viewsHorsham

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:47 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I would assume the club are well aware of where the noise is coming from and that KMc isn't the instigator of that sort of story.

Surely KM exercises some control over his agent though? I mean I’d be pretty pissed if I’m KM now with this kind of crap damaging my brand.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:09 - May 22 with 2112 viewsGlasgowBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:54 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I don't get the impression Brighton's going to happen and I'd be sceptical that Chelsea or Man U would offer him the job.

You should have locked the tread after your post. That good enough for me Phil.👍

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 with 2038 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:54 - May 22 by GlasgowBlue

No way should it go sour. He’s turned this club around in two seasons. Got us to the Premier league. If he goes then he goes with our love, thanks and gratitude.

It’s not that he’s possibly going, it’s the way he’s apparently going about it. Even if he stays, this article is going to have an impact with the fanbase and, if true, the board and potentially some of the players as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 with 2038 viewsIP4_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:07 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Yes, from that angle.

That's good re Brighton, I think he wants the Man Utd job, his agent knows ETH will be sacked, i'd imagine he would be shortlisted but just can't imagine he would get offered Man Utd job
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 with 1999 viewsMrPorterloo

I know people are happy to blame the agents, but on some level KM could put an end to this at any minute surely? He could ask the agent to stop, he could sign a contract at town. If he has been offered 100k a week as reported, given what we have been through the last two seasons after us taking a shot on him, with him supposedly loving it here and having a training ground designed to his spec, and he is STILL undecided, I am becoming very sour and at this point would happily turn our attentions elsewhere.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:12 - May 22 with 1964 viewswkj

IMHO - Chelsea are the ones to worry about. If they announce Enzo Maresca then I will draw a big pre-emptive sigh of relief.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:13 - May 22 with 1921 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:09 - May 22 by Horsham

Surely KM exercises some control over his agent though? I mean I’d be pretty pissed if I’m KM now with this kind of crap damaging my brand.

I'd be the same.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:13 - May 22 with 1918 viewsNeedhamChris

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 by MrPorterloo

I know people are happy to blame the agents, but on some level KM could put an end to this at any minute surely? He could ask the agent to stop, he could sign a contract at town. If he has been offered 100k a week as reported, given what we have been through the last two seasons after us taking a shot on him, with him supposedly loving it here and having a training ground designed to his spec, and he is STILL undecided, I am becoming very sour and at this point would happily turn our attentions elsewhere.

Yes, he could. But I think it's fairly clear that KMc wants to be Man Utd manager and Trimboli and team are trying to wedge open that opportunity at all costs.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:14 - May 22 with 1898 viewsGavTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 by pointofblue

It’s not that he’s possibly going, it’s the way he’s apparently going about it. Even if he stays, this article is going to have an impact with the fanbase and, if true, the board and potentially some of the players as well.

Please don't base anything on this article. I don't think he's done anything wrong but there are inaccuracies in it, and apparently written by a Norwich supporter... so...

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:15 - May 22 with 1865 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:12 - May 22 by wkj

IMHO - Chelsea are the ones to worry about. If they announce Enzo Maresca then I will draw a big pre-emptive sigh of relief.

I can’t believe Chelsea would be willing to take that sort of risk so soon after Potter.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:15 - May 22 with 1828 viewsIP4_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:13 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

I'd be the same.

You must have a good agent Phil
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:17 - May 22 with 1758 viewsMrPorterloo

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:13 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

Yes, he could. But I think it's fairly clear that KMc wants to be Man Utd manager and Trimboli and team are trying to wedge open that opportunity at all costs.

Well he is happy to leave us lingering then, if he is going to move he is happy with the fact we will have less time with whoever our next manager is and perhaps even choosing from a lesser pool of managers as they get taken.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:18 - May 22 with 1708 viewsGavTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:17 - May 22 by MrPorterloo

Well he is happy to leave us lingering then, if he is going to move he is happy with the fact we will have less time with whoever our next manager is and perhaps even choosing from a lesser pool of managers as they get taken.

Season isn't even over yet.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:19 - May 22 with 1680 viewsITFCBlues

Yes, from that angle.

Is there anything that's drawing you to that conclusion regarding Brighton? Or do you think it's more his agent pushing for Chelsea that'd put Brighton off?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:19 - May 22 with 1657 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:14 - May 22 by GavTWTD

Please don't base anything on this article. I don't think he's done anything wrong but there are inaccuracies in it, and apparently written by a Norwich supporter... so...

Mashiter may have written it but, being the BBC, it’d have had to be signed off by someone before being published, and sources verified.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:20 - May 22 with 1620 viewsDinDjarin

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 by pointofblue

How is he going about it? By ignoring all the gossip and tabloid rumours?

We are now in the Premier League so we and our young brilliant manager are newsworthy.

Putting this onto KM acting inappropriately is poor form.
[Post edited 22 May 17:21]
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:20 - May 22 with 1600 viewsMrPorterloo

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:18 - May 22 by GavTWTD

Season isn't even over yet.

Yes fair enough- although some will presumably get taken in the next few days and transfers organised/ planned before the window. I suppose I'm just a bit annoyed about how this is happening and making the point that if he wanted to, KM could stop this.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:21 - May 22 with 1571 viewsvictorysquad

Yes, from that angle.

Well not surprising:

fun fact 1: all of Brightons last three managers are now unemployed. (if we are doing facts)

fun fact 2: Brighton's current form is on a par with Forest
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:22 - May 22 with 1557 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:19 - May 22 by ITFCBlues

Is there anything that's drawing you to that conclusion regarding Brighton? Or do you think it's more his agent pushing for Chelsea that'd put Brighton off?

Just what I've heard. Agent is definitely pushing for Chelsea though.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:22 - May 22 with 1536 viewsChurchman

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:09 - May 22 by Horsham

Me too. I’d stop it dead. The agent works for McKenna, not the other way around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024