Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on 16:00 - May 22 with 33564 viewsBluebacker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Talks with Ipswich are likely to take place this week and the Tractor Boys are expected to offer McKenna a new deal to convince him to stay at Portman Road.

BBC Sport understands that is expected to fail with the manager, and assistant Martyn Pert, feeling the time is right to move.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:23 - May 22 with 2835 viewsTrumptonBlue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:28 - May 22 by Trequartista

It was the "I've shown loyalty" quote from McKenna in your "I love it here" story that made me suspect he was offered the job and turned it down.

Yes, it was that and Leif's "I hope he stays" after Huddersfield that had me worrying that Kieran being our manager for the new season might not be as nailed-on as I'd thought.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:24 - May 22 with 2808 viewsHorsham

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:20 - May 22 by DinDjarin

How is he going about it? By ignoring all the gossip and tabloid rumours?

We are now in the Premier League so we and our young brilliant manager are newsworthy.

Putting this onto KM acting inappropriately is poor form.
[Post edited 22 May 17:21]

His team/agents and by extension him are stirring it right up. That doesn’t sit well with me. I think that’s poor form.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:25 - May 22 with 2775 viewsMrPorterloo

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:24 - May 22 by Horsham

His team/agents and by extension him are stirring it right up. That doesn’t sit well with me. I think that’s poor form.

Agree
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:25 - May 22 with 2764 viewsbazza

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:11 - May 22 by pointofblue

It’s not that he’s possibly going, it’s the way he’s apparently going about it. Even if he stays, this article is going to have an impact with the fanbase and, if true, the board and potentially some of the players as well.

The second the club confirms he’s staying, I’m taping my McKenna poster back together and hanging it back on the wall.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:28 - May 22 with 2660 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:20 - May 22 by DinDjarin

How is he going about it? By ignoring all the gossip and tabloid rumours?

We are now in the Premier League so we and our young brilliant manager are newsworthy.

Putting this onto KM acting inappropriately is poor form.
[Post edited 22 May 17:21]

I don’t think apparently is doing as much heavy lifting as I wanted it to in my OP. Of course, it’s all speculation, and may not be true, though I cannot remember an article coming out saying a manager and his assistant will reject a deal and want to move on before.

For it to reach the BBC, someone somewhere is stirring and acting inappropriately, whether that be the journalist, the agent, Town getting in a pre-emptive strike, McKenna himself or more than one of them.

Quite apt for someone called Mashiter to make the whole thing messier than it was before!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:29 - May 22 with 2614 viewsLeathersblueblood

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:25 - May 22 by bazza

The second the club confirms he’s staying, I’m taping my McKenna poster back together and hanging it back on the wall.

HaHa
[Post edited 22 May 17:29]
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:29 - May 22 with 2585 viewsDinDjarin

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:28 - May 22 by pointofblue

I don’t think apparently is doing as much heavy lifting as I wanted it to in my OP. Of course, it’s all speculation, and may not be true, though I cannot remember an article coming out saying a manager and his assistant will reject a deal and want to move on before.

For it to reach the BBC, someone somewhere is stirring and acting inappropriately, whether that be the journalist, the agent, Town getting in a pre-emptive strike, McKenna himself or more than one of them.

Quite apt for someone called Mashiter to make the whole thing messier than it was before!

Its on the internet so it must be true!!
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:32 - May 22 with 2458 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:19 - May 22 by pointofblue

Mashiter may have written it but, being the BBC, it’d have had to be signed off by someone before being published, and sources verified.

I'm afraid, or pleased to tell you that's not strictly true. The BBC, like 99% of all news organisations got rid of their sub editors, who would have done the work you are talking about some time ago.

Most, including the BBC, work on a system of 'retraction or update'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:41 - May 22 with 2202 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 16:08 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

Depressing, isn’t it. Clubs now treated as projects to work on for a couple years before bouncing off to the next project. Where’s the loyalty?

I blame Thatcher.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:43 - May 22 with 2143 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:32 - May 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm afraid, or pleased to tell you that's not strictly true. The BBC, like 99% of all news organisations got rid of their sub editors, who would have done the work you are talking about some time ago.

Most, including the BBC, work on a system of 'retraction or update'

Thanks for that. No wonder the press in this country is in such a mess considering the standing the BBC are held in.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:44 - May 22 with 2130 viewsbluegrass

If this is coming from the agent, perhaps Ashton suspected as much hence his comments about ignoring the noise and rumours and only believe what comes out of the club.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:44 - May 22 with 2106 viewsPhilTWTD

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Just what I've heard. Agent is definitely pushing for Chelsea though.

Not saying Brighton definitely not happening, just appears less likely than it did a couple of days ago. Don't think anything would happen on that front until the Chelsea and Man U situations are clearer anyway.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:47 - May 22 with 2036 viewsbudgiebasher

What a crap saga and one that I naively didn’t foresee! The elation of a couple of weeks ago has been relegated to the dim and distant past already and I’m left wondering whether the journey to the promised land has been worthwhile if this is a sign of things to come. Clearly KM is angling for a move away and whether it happens or not this is disappointing. I genuinely thought that he would be excited about the prospect of leading us into the premiership but obviously that’s not the case, his ambitions are clearly higher than that and his loyalty thin (as shown by Phil’s revelation that he was close to leaving for Palace in February). All of this smoke hasn’t come from nowhere and, as much as I would like him to stay, if he isn’t committed we need to thank him and move on quickly to someone who does want to be here to give them as much time to bring in their team and players and ideas. The longer this drags on the more brutal next season will be
[Post edited 22 May 17:48]

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:47 - May 22 with 2028 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:43 - May 22 by pointofblue

Thanks for that. No wonder the press in this country is in such a mess considering the standing the BBC are held in.

It's happened across the entire spectrum of the press. Almost all of the bean counters, wanted to reduce the level of editorial staffing to cut costs. Staff photographers, camera operators and sub editors were the first to go.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:49 - May 22 with 1947 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:47 - May 22 by budgiebasher

What a crap saga and one that I naively didn’t foresee! The elation of a couple of weeks ago has been relegated to the dim and distant past already and I’m left wondering whether the journey to the promised land has been worthwhile if this is a sign of things to come. Clearly KM is angling for a move away and whether it happens or not this is disappointing. I genuinely thought that he would be excited about the prospect of leading us into the premiership but obviously that’s not the case, his ambitions are clearly higher than that and his loyalty thin (as shown by Phil’s revelation that he was close to leaving for Palace in February). All of this smoke hasn’t come from nowhere and, as much as I would like him to stay, if he isn’t committed we need to thank him and move on quickly to someone who does want to be here to give them as much time to bring in their team and players and ideas. The longer this drags on the more brutal next season will be
[Post edited 22 May 17:48]

"The longer this drags on the more brutal next season will be"

Exactly this, and on that basis, I think McKenna's integrity is high enough that he won't let this drag on, he'll want it done, one way or the other.

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:49 - May 22 with 1947 viewsScuzzer

Complete and utter drivel born from half cocked speculation. How does that hack know what they are thinking?
Pile of tripe.

Established 1968

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:51 - May 22 with 1901 viewsHerbivore

Who stole my toilet?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:51 - May 22 with 1892 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I'm assuming Ashton & ITFC are well aware of the direction of travel for McKenna regardless of rumours/speculation.

So if we believe he's off you better believe the data dashboard is already fired up looking for a successor.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:52 - May 22 with 1832 viewsstrikalite

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:22 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Just what I've heard. Agent is definitely pushing for Chelsea though.

Hold on, this used to be called "tapping up" what happened to that? Ah I get it, agents do the tapping up instead..
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:53 - May 22 with 1817 viewsHackneyblueboy

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:49 - May 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

Exactly this, and on that basis, I think McKenna's integrity is high enough that he won't let this drag on, he'll want it done, one way or the other.

The flip side of that is you would think and hope MA is already drawing up his shortlist for a new manager this week. If this drags on for another few weeks we can't afford to be left cold.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:53 - May 22 with 1800 viewspointofblue

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:49 - May 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

As it is, we’re not going to have any real advantage over the play off winner, which was one of the presumed bonuses of automatic promotion. Unless McKenna stays but, even then, I’m not sure if proposed signings etc. would have been put on hold whilst this is being sorted out?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:53 - May 22 with 1794 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:44 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not saying Brighton definitely not happening, just appears less likely than it did a couple of days ago. Don't think anything would happen on that front until the Chelsea and Man U situations are clearer anyway.

Not good.

Sounds like we could be left hanging for a while yet.

Even if Man Utd sack ETH on Sunday, they will have their own process to follow, by which time we're into June before KMc leaves and we can make an approach for a new manager.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:55 - May 22 with 1736 viewsParky

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:44 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Is this not really going to hinder our pre-season plans? Man Utd still have a manager, if this continues, no player is going to sign for us not knowing what’s going on with the manager.
BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:58 - May 22 with 1627 viewsHerbivore

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:53 - May 22 by pointofblue

As it is, we’re not going to have any real advantage over the play off winner, which was one of the presumed bonuses of automatic promotion. Unless McKenna stays but, even then, I’m not sure if proposed signings etc. would have been put on hold whilst this is being sorted out?

We can't make any signings currently anyway. Season hasn't even finished yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:58 - May 22 with 1629 viewsNthQldITFC

BBC saying McKenna and Pert want to move on on 17:51 - May 22 by Herbivore

Who stole my toilet?

You can kind of understand how someone who's cut his a-hole whilst shaving is grumpy enough to make up such a load of crap. I hope.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024