Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager 15:46 - May 24 with 4843 viewsMidlandBlue25

Given Man Utd could’ve kept it under wraps until Sunday, after the FA cup final to reveal their plan to sack ETH, McKenna is their number one target. They clearly have thought there’s a risk he could go to Chelsea or Brighton and have leaked the information or told McKenna's representatives who have.

Can’t blame him, there’s not many clubs in the world that could keep hold of a manager when Man Utd come knocking.
[Post edited 24 May 15:52]
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 15:53 - May 24 with 4667 viewswkj

I think you missed the word "Potentially" from your post. Nothing being reported to say it is set in stone.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:01 - May 24 with 4503 viewsbaxterbasics

They have a shortlist of at least three potential managers. I’ve not seen anything to suggest KM is number one target.

Similar for Chelsea.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:20 - May 24 with 4211 viewsHighgateBlue

I'm not really sure that false, clickbaity headlines is really the order of the day on TWTD. Even about cheese. But especially about our most successful manager in (at least) a generation.

Sure, he may move on, and he may move on to Man Utd. Soon, or in the future.

But please don't report it as having happened when it blatantly has not.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:21 - May 24 with 4205 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'll treat this the way most of your posts since promotion should be treated.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:22 - May 24 with 4153 viewsibbleobble

OK Jacob. Look forward to your next Guardian article with equally little substance.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:24 - May 24 with 4099 viewsfooters

Shut up.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:32 - May 24 with 3951 viewsChondzoresk

I believe Mr McKenna is still our manager. It’s only representatives meetings. Nothing more nothing less. KM will be still managing us first game of our new campaign.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:34 - May 24 with 3905 viewsblueislander

Your posting history over the last few days tells us all we need to know. What kind of kick do you get out of this?
Login to get fewer ads

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:35 - May 24 with 3899 viewsSmithersJones

You think that if they hadn’t been planning to appoint McKenna the whole thing would have stayed under wraps? And so the fact that it’s leaked (if it’s true) can only mean they’re appointing McKenna?
Your faith in football’s (and specifically Man U’s) ability to keep a secret is touching.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:39 - May 24 with 3802 viewsMJallday

Totally misleading title

This is the equivalent of shouting “goooooooooal” in the chat room

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 20:42 - May 24 with 3185 viewsPhilTWTD

Would very much surprise me if KMc was their top target. From his perspective, I'm sure he'd love the hob, but I'd be surprised if he gets it or Man U are leaking stories in relation to potentially appointing him.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 20:44 - May 24 with 3139 viewsITFCBlues

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 20:42 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Would very much surprise me if KMc was their top target. From his perspective, I'm sure he'd love the hob, but I'd be surprised if he gets it or Man U are leaking stories in relation to potentially appointing him.

What's your gut feel on what happens Phil? I'm not sure Chelsea or United would take him yet myself. Brighton is still the big worry for me.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:10 - May 24 with 2762 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 20:44 - May 24 by ITFCBlues

What's your gut feel on what happens Phil? I'm not sure Chelsea or United would take him yet myself. Brighton is still the big worry for me.

Same as you. Think we can probably do enough to stave off Brighton.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:15 - May 24 with 2677 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 20:42 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

You've got hobnobs on the brain Philip.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:19 - May 24 with 2607 viewsMullet

A colleague actually spoke to me about McKenna earlier this week before the SSN stuff came up. There is a hunger up here for him, I assumed he was on a wind up when he told me they'd approached McKenna so dismissed it.

I'd be amazed if McKenna got that job, but can see him being used to lower the demands of others. Especially as Ratcliffe keeps talking so openly in the press about what a new broom he plans on being.

I think the fact we are seen as fodder by so much of the media means they are happy to disrespect us. Combine that with having a massive talent as a manager and it's been unbearable.

If he did leave for United I'd accept it, we can't compete with that. I don't like the bile swilling around the fanbase at the moment at all. Brighton seems likely to me, and it'd kill me. An appalling club/fanbase we should be competing with sooner rather than later.

You can tell we have been out of the Prem for 20 years. Social media wasn't around then

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:21 - May 24 with 2595 viewstractorboy1978

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:10 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Same as you. Think we can probably do enough to stave off Brighton.

I think it'll end up being a choice between us or Brighton. And perhaps the club think that too hence Schwartz coming over. If he gets offered Chelsea or Man Utd there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do to convince him.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:27 - May 24 with 2514 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 16:20 - May 24 by HighgateBlue

I'm not really sure that false, clickbaity headlines is really the order of the day on TWTD. Even about cheese. But especially about our most successful manager in (at least) a generation.

Sure, he may move on, and he may move on to Man Utd. Soon, or in the future.

But please don't report it as having happened when it blatantly has not.

It seems to be very much the order of the day, unfortunately. The last week has been a real eye-opener. I had no idea people were so impatient and fragile.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:38 - May 24 with 2382 viewsPhilTWTD

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:21 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

I think it'll end up being a choice between us or Brighton. And perhaps the club think that too hence Schwartz coming over. If he gets offered Chelsea or Man Utd there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do to convince him.

Agree, think they'll feel Brighton is most likely to make an offer.
Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 23:50 - May 24 with 1907 viewsITFCBlues

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:38 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Agree, think they'll feel Brighton is most likely to make an offer.

So your gut feel currently is that he will stay?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 00:01 - May 25 with 1850 viewsRyorry

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 22:27 - May 24 by Swansea_Blue

It seems to be very much the order of the day, unfortunately. The last week has been a real eye-opener. I had no idea people were so impatient and fragile.

What, 20 years on here and you had no idea?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 05:31 - May 25 with 1432 viewsKropotkin123

He's not, he joined Brighton three days ago like you said...

He’s gone then by MidlandBlue25 20 May 21:42
Well I think McKenna has gone. A lot of back pages saying that tomorrow. I think Brighton have been in contact with us for a while about him to be honest. After Leifs interview saying he hopes McKenna stays. We have to respect the fact he didn’t leave for Palace mid season, he got the job done.

Who would everyone want as our next manager? Edwards? Potter? Or should we look at the first manager outside of the UK and Ireland in our history?

[Post edited 25 May 5:32]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Kieran McKenna is the next Man Utd manager on 06:30 - May 25 with 1250 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

much as I hate to admit it, I think the OP is correct and McKenna is the next Man Utd manager. It is gut wrenching, and will be a huge task for anyone we bring in because this is McKenna's team, he has performed alchemy with this group of players and they have such belief in him. I just can't see any incoming manager being able to get this group to play as a team in which the whole is so much better than the sum of the parts. But I do have faith in Mark Ashton to make a better appointment than any of us could imagine. If Kieran has gone, Ashton can really become a legend here, he sets the culture and identity now in a way that the Cobbolds did back in the 70s.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024