Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) 07:20 - May 25 with 3310 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:21 - May 25 with 2696 viewsMK1

The bullet was never in our Chambers.
[Post edited 25 May 10:24]
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:31 - May 25 with 2637 viewsChurchman

I’ve had a fair bit of respect for Plymouth’s achievements over the past few years. A smart, well run club. But if this appointment is true, it is an act of lunacy.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:34 - May 25 with 2620 viewsfranz_tyson

I find this absolutely bizarre. I thought Plymouth were a smart club who usually make good appointments. Rooney has a horrific record and took Birmingham from a play-off contender on the road to relegation. Why are so many owners blinded by big names? Could it be that Wayne Rooney had a wonderful unique talent as a footballer yet might not be able to hit the same heights as a coach or manager? Surely there's enough former great players who made sh1t manager's out there as evidence that you steer well clear.
He'll f#ck this up again, get sacked and the next week be back on TV as an expert pundit ( see Roy Keane).
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:46 - May 25 with 2583 viewsJackNorthStand

Rooney has enough about him to keep them up next season. Birmingham was a different beast altogether, he took over from a manager the players didn’t want to be sacked and should not of been sacked.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 09:04 - May 25 with 2386 viewsMJallday

Lock up your grandmothers

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 09:07 - May 25 with 2370 viewsMK1

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:46 - May 25 by JackNorthStand

Rooney has enough about him to keep them up next season. Birmingham was a different beast altogether, he took over from a manager the players didn’t want to be sacked and should not of been sacked.

You would think so. He has worked under the best coaches the Premier League has seen, so must have picked something up. That is what I hear all the time about successful ex players. As it turns out, some of the best managers were very average players. (Ferguson, Wenger etc) Just because they were brilliant players, doesn't mean they are going to be brilliant managers. Not saying he won't be decent, just think Plymouth should be looking elsewhere at this point in time.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 09:08 - May 25 with 2365 viewsDBaldy

Lump on Plymouth getting relegated next season.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 09:30 - May 25 with 2282 viewsrodney76

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 09:08 - May 25 by DBaldy

Lump on Plymouth getting relegated next season.

He might turn out to be a fit for them and will certainly put a lot of spotlight on the club.
Wayne Rooney's Plymouth Argyll.

Him and Lumpalard never seem short of getting managerial jobs, although no fans want them or understand why.
Login to get fewer ads

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:19 - May 25 with 2178 viewsBloomBlue

But would probably increase our chances of getting Whittaker if we're interested
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:23 - May 25 with 2160 viewsMK1

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:19 - May 25 by BloomBlue

But would probably increase our chances of getting Whittaker if we're interested

Wayne Rooney was one of the best strikers this country has seen, so why would he let their main striker go. He is more likely to build his team to get the very best out of Whittaker.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:36 - May 25 with 2122 viewstextbackup

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:21 - May 25 by MK1

The bullet was never in our Chambers.
[Post edited 25 May 10:24]

Jesus don’t mention his name when a potential job position could come up here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:37 - May 25 with 2120 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 07:34 - May 25 by franz_tyson

I find this absolutely bizarre. I thought Plymouth were a smart club who usually make good appointments. Rooney has a horrific record and took Birmingham from a play-off contender on the road to relegation. Why are so many owners blinded by big names? Could it be that Wayne Rooney had a wonderful unique talent as a footballer yet might not be able to hit the same heights as a coach or manager? Surely there's enough former great players who made sh1t manager's out there as evidence that you steer well clear.
He'll f#ck this up again, get sacked and the next week be back on TV as an expert pundit ( see Roy Keane).

He's his generation's Gazza.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:46 - May 25 with 2090 viewsBloomBlue

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:23 - May 25 by MK1

Wayne Rooney was one of the best strikers this country has seen, so why would he let their main striker go. He is more likely to build his team to get the very best out of Whittaker.

When Whittaker left Derby it was reported because he had fallen out with Rooney
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:47 - May 25 with 2087 viewsMK1

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:46 - May 25 by BloomBlue

When Whittaker left Derby it was reported because he had fallen out with Rooney

Didn't know that, sorry.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:49 - May 25 with 2070 viewsMK1

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:36 - May 25 by textbackup

Jesus don’t mention his name when a potential job position could come up here

Job position might be coming up at Ipswich Town Football Club?
I haven't heard anything about this. Is it a high profile job or something in admin?
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:51 - May 25 with 2055 viewsBloomBlue

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:47 - May 25 by MK1

Didn't know that, sorry.

Obviously it's possible the reports were untrue, but a lot of plymouth fans are already expressing concern Whittaker will be unhappy if Rooney joins as manager
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:58 - May 25 with 2037 viewsChurchman

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:19 - May 25 by BloomBlue

We should be. He’s a heck of a good player.

Rooney is typical of how it’s alway been. Top player, must be a top manager. The skill sets are different.

Bobby Moore, B Charlton and a host of others prove that. Not always the case - e.g. Bobby Robson but I’ve seen nothing in Rooney’s managerial career to date that suggests anything but Plymouth looking for a new manager by New Years Day.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 11:17 - May 25 with 1997 viewspafcprogs

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:58 - May 25 by Churchman

Rooney is typical of how it’s alway been. Top player, must be a top manager. The skill sets are different.

Bobby Moore, B Charlton and a host of others prove that. Not always the case - e.g. Bobby Robson but I’ve seen nothing in Rooney’s managerial career to date that suggests anything but Plymouth looking for a new manager by New Years Day.

Bring announce on Monday we believe

As ever pros and cons

You know the cons

However he may bring ten figure investment with him. There’s an argument we are already the lowest budget and relegation favourites so a manager who attracts that level of investment is to coin a phrase. A game changer

he did ok at Derby in awful climate
Made No impact at Washington but they were bottom when he joined

Birmingham. Inherited a squad built to play one way and was told to play another. Then sacked before he could get his players in

However is also thought to want Ryan alsopp to replace Cooper ( Celtic bound) so is clearly a nutter!

Time will tell. But it is happening so we are all wazzamen now

Managers hey! bloody hell
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 11:24 - May 25 with 1956 viewsChurchman

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 11:17 - May 25 by pafcprogs

Bring announce on Monday we believe

As ever pros and cons

You know the cons

However he may bring ten figure investment with him. There’s an argument we are already the lowest budget and relegation favourites so a manager who attracts that level of investment is to coin a phrase. A game changer

he did ok at Derby in awful climate
Made No impact at Washington but they were bottom when he joined

Birmingham. Inherited a squad built to play one way and was told to play another. Then sacked before he could get his players in

However is also thought to want Ryan alsopp to replace Cooper ( Celtic bound) so is clearly a nutter!

Time will tell. But it is happening so we are all wazzamen now

Managers hey! bloody hell

Tell us about it.

Come what may, I wish you well. He’s there, you back him as we had to with Roy nutjob Keane. The south west (which I know a little bit) needs a thriving, decent club and Argyle have certainly been that.
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 11:26 - May 25 with 1954 viewsblueasfook

I did read that yesterday and had a little chuckle. I'll give him til crimbo when he gets sacked with Plymouth bottom of the league.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 13:52 - May 25 with 1776 viewsDaninthecampo

Now confirmed, mad decision!
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 14:03 - May 25 with 1741 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He got Birmingham out of the Championship…I’m sure he’ll do the same for Plymouth…
Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 16:04 - May 25 with 1592 viewsTractorWood

There is Plymouth's relegation secured.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 20:39 - May 25 with 1375 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 10:58 - May 25 by Churchman

See also our very own Mick Mills. Fine player, awful manager.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Rooney to Plymouth.....bullet dodged. (n/t) on 20:42 - May 25 with 1355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really don't get how an owner/CEO/whoever can go from Rosenior (a very sensible choice) to Rooney! Clearly there was some reason why Rosenior turned it down, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024