Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The bottom line 09:03 - May 27 with 2068 viewsmuccletonjoe

I have never thought KM would go anywhere.
And even if he does, I don't see how supporters can turn on him after what he has achieved.
What I will have a go about, is if this club is not ready for the start of premier league season, because we were dealing with the manager deciding where he wanted to be for weeks on end.
The bottom line on 09:09 - May 27 with 1984 viewstractorboy1978

What on earth can we do about that though? Unfortunately we have to wait for this to play out whilst doing the best we can to keep progressing behind the scenes.
The bottom line on 09:13 - May 27 with 1936 viewsEuropablue

I don't think it's a case of turning on him, it's more like taking the shine of the whole thing. The other problem is that KM has fostered an emotional bond with the supporters and he used that to his advantage. If he went to Utd., it would be a shame that he didn't take charge of us in the Premier League, but I wouldn't hold it against him going back to his club. He'd go from potential club legend to merely a very good manager who got the big job elsewhere.
If he left to Brighton, it would feel like a real kick in the teeth and feel like he doesn't back himself or the players. He'd also be heavily disrupting our preparations for a key season and probably putting us on the back foot at the start of the season.
In that case I could understand people turning on a man proven to be so cold and calculating for little reward potentially at great cost for our club.
The bottom line on 09:17 - May 27 with 1887 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm a town fan not a manager one.

If he left for a big job. I'd be annoyed but could understand it and wish him well.

But if he left for Brighton, a club we could be within a few seasons I hope he gets relegated with them and ruins them and we bypass him on the way to Europe.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The bottom line on 09:32 - May 27 with 1761 viewsBasuco

It's called modern football, I would be disappointed not annoyed if he left, players and managers understandably want to progress to the highest level their ability can take them, the days of 10 years at a "smaller club" with huge success are over. If KMc went to Brighton and got them into the top four then all the "big clubs" would be fighting for him. Interesting story here on his time at Man Utd. Players not wanting to put in the hard work required to succeed then club ends up finishing in 8th place 31 points behind the League winners.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1903110/Man-Utd-news-Kieran-McKenna?fbc
The bottom line on 09:38 - May 27 with 1715 viewsBellevue_Blue

You'd have thought that McKenna has communicated some kind of decision to Ashton on the Brighton job, be that 'I'm going to stay if not offered Man United' or 'I'm going to Brighton if not offered Man United'.

Either way, Ashton will have been fine-tuning his list and sounding out the representatives of other managers to ensure we can move very quickly.
The bottom line on 09:38 - May 27 with 1713 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The club will do all it can to be ready for the start of the season but it is limited on what it has control over. Recruitment of players depends on rules, availability and decisions from clubs holding their contracts and players and their agents. We will do all we can to hold on to McKenna, but should another club come in for him tomorrow, in a month, on 1 August, on 1 September or the day before the January transfer window opens, we have no control over those things.

What we can do is have a good idea of where we will go for a replacement if McKenna does go, and make sure that involves the continuity that player recruitment will suit. I am sure we will be doing those things because the club is now well run.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The bottom line on 09:38 - May 27 with 1718 viewsPaul

If we're not ready for the start of the season then for me that lies with KM. It's this uncertainty that would be slowing preparations and the longer it drags on the more detrimental it could be. I am sure Ashton and the investors have their plans in place, but I'm sure they will need clarification on the manager situation one way or another.
The bottom line on 09:39 - May 27 with 1697 viewsSwansea_Blue

The bottom line on 09:09 - May 27 by tractorboy1978

What on earth can we do about that though? Unfortunately we have to wait for this to play out whilst doing the best we can to keep progressing behind the scenes.

Kidnap him. Send his fingers back to his family one at a time until he signs a declaration promising never to leave Towen.

Possibly a bit extreme, but these are serious times

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

The bottom line on 09:45 - May 27 with 1649 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The bottom line on 09:39 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Kidnap him. Send his fingers back to his family one at a time until he signs a declaration promising never to leave Towen.

Be good for team morale too. No one would ask to leave after realising that is the result.

The bottom line on 09:45 - May 27 with 1647 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

The bottom line on 09:39 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Make sure you know which hand he writes with first...
The bottom line on 10:47 - May 27 with 1469 viewsRegencyBlue

The bottom line on 09:38 - May 27 by Paul

If we're not ready for the start of the season then for me that lies with KM. It's this uncertainty that would be slowing preparations and the longer it drags on the more detrimental it could be. I am sure Ashton and the investors have their plans in place, but I'm sure they will need clarification on the manager situation one way or another.

That’s the issue for me.

It is reported McKenna is waiting for Man Utd to make a decision regarding their current manager and they are having some sort of review this week, so that’s another week for this to rumble on at least. It must be having an effect on our preparations for next season, presumably we will not move on players McKenna wants until we know he will be here, will players consider coming if things are uncertain?

I would also assume Ashton is having to spend a lot of time on the managerial situation which could have been better spent on player recruitment etc.
The bottom line on 11:16 - May 27 with 1318 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The bottom line on 10:47 - May 27 by RegencyBlue

That’s the issue for me.

It is reported McKenna is waiting for Man Utd to make a decision regarding their current manager and they are having some sort of review this week, so that’s another week for this to rumble on at least. It must be having an effect on our preparations for next season, presumably we will not move on players McKenna wants until we know he will be here, will players consider coming if things are uncertain?

I would also assume Ashton is having to spend a lot of time on the managerial situation which could have been better spent on player recruitment etc.

I very much doubt there will be much movement on player recruitment until July. Most people in football will be taking a break or focussing on the Euros. The window will open in July and then things will still take time to happen as clubs and players weigh up options. Much as we always want everything in place ahead of the start of the season, it always runs to the close of the window when players and clubs know they have to make decisions before it is too late.

The bottom line on 11:18 - May 27 with 1292 viewsTractorWood

The bottom line on 09:17 - May 27 by FrimleyBlue

I'm a town fan not a manager one.

If he left for a big job. I'd be annoyed but could understand it and wish him well.

But if he left for Brighton, a club we could be within a few seasons I hope he gets relegated with them and ruins them and we bypass him on the way to Europe.

Agree. Brighton is like an upgraded meal deal. It's obviously a bit better but overall is a bad move.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The bottom line on 11:22 - May 27 with 1248 viewspointofblue

The bottom line on 09:38 - May 27 by Bellevue_Blue

You'd have thought that McKenna has communicated some kind of decision to Ashton on the Brighton job, be that 'I'm going to stay if not offered Man United' or 'I'm going to Brighton if not offered Man United'.

Either way, Ashton will have been fine-tuning his list and sounding out the representatives of other managers to ensure we can move very quickly.

What surprises me is the relative silence on our hunt. I understand we have a manager in post who we want to stay but I'd be astonished if Ashton isn't preparing just in case. Yet the only names I've seen us linked to are Edwards and Spurs' assistant Davies.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The bottom line on 11:25 - May 27 with 1221 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The bottom line on 11:22 - May 27 by pointofblue

What surprises me is the relative silence on our hunt. I understand we have a manager in post who we want to stay but I'd be astonished if Ashton isn't preparing just in case. Yet the only names I've seen us linked to are Edwards and Spurs' assistant Davies.

Neither did we announce McKenna while Cook was in post. Odd you expect us to publicly announce a target now.

The bottom line on 11:25 - May 27 with 1220 viewsbelgablue

The bottom line on 11:22 - May 27 by pointofblue

Maybe means there's no danger of him leaving and it's just a load of noise from all the over place.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

The bottom line on 11:33 - May 27 with 1160 viewspointofblue

The bottom line on 11:25 - May 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Neither did we announce McKenna while Cook was in post. Odd you expect us to publicly announce a target now.

Cook was a sacking, not someone who was possibly moving on of their own accord and we had to make contingency plan for.

Of course the club isn't going to publicly announce targets. I'm surprised there aren't more rumours doing the rounds at this stage, outside of Edwards and Davies.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The bottom line on 11:36 - May 27 with 1137 viewsbilllm

I don't think he's going anywhere
The bottom line on 11:45 - May 27 with 1043 viewsPinewoodblue

The bottom line on 11:25 - May 27 by belgablue

Maybe means there's no danger of him leaving and it's just a load of noise from all the over place.

He maybe favourite in the betting for next manager of Man Utd but the thing to remember is that a new manager could be appointed next week, next month or next year. If the incumbent receives a stay of execution Kieran will still be favourite to be next Man U manager.

I hope he stays but if he doesn’t will thank him for what he has achieved, while regretting he left with the job unfinished, and wish him well in the future, except of course when he is in away dugout at Portman Road.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The bottom line on 12:09 - May 27 with 897 viewsSE1blue

The bottom line on 10:47 - May 27 by RegencyBlue

That’s the issue for me.

Let’s be honest, Man Utd are just waiting an extra few days, because they won the FA Cup, before they sack Ten Hag. It’s always been on the cards but they probably think this (waiting a few days) looks less awkward than sacking him whilst people are still celebrating. It’s how they work.

They’re a terribly run club with zero principles (despite their claims to the contrary) and I wouldn’t wish them on a guy like McKenna.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The bottom line on 12:17 - May 27 with 833 viewsbritbiker

The bottom line on 11:36 - May 27 by billlm

I don't think he's going anywhere

I'm with you. Not bothered about the noise. Think he will still be here in the Prem'.

It's really just another ploy to give the Norwich fans a glimmer of hope of our supposed demise in what has been as depressing time for them. But as always they will end up miserable.
The bottom line on 12:17 - May 27 with 831 viewsbournemouthblue

The bottom line on 09:09 - May 27 by tractorboy1978

The frustrating thing from our point of view is the loss of advantage you get from being promoted automatically over the playoff side for example

All McKenna's staff will go with him, we will need a whole new coaching crew to come in and hit the ground running

We may now have a system in place which gives us less of a hit there but the reality is that his replacement is very unlikely to be as good as him but who knows

The Premier League is a tough place, moulding the current squad into something resilient enough to survive is a big job for McKenna or his replacement

The main aim, whatever happens is for the squad to be stronger and have more quality throughout

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The bottom line on 12:20 - May 27 with 799 viewsMK1

Ashton and McKenna are both smart and professional. I imagine a list of potential targets was made for either Champ/Prem weeks before the season ended. Those targets may have changed a little with us being promoted, but not massively.
I would also guess that those players are still under serious consideration and things moving where possible. The wheels haven't stopped turning just because of all this speculation. We are talking about people who know how all these things work and are very good at what they do.
IF McKenna leaves, said targets are not likely to be on his new clubs radar, so no need to change plans unless our new potential manager doesn't rate any of those players.
Ashton and his people will be putting the club first, we can be sure of that.
Hope he stays, but I am sure that all the plans are in place should he leave.
[Post edited 27 May 12:25]
The bottom line on 13:47 - May 27 with 595 viewsLord_Mac

The bottom line on 12:20 - May 27 by MK1

Ashton and McKenna are both smart and professional. I imagine a list of potential targets was made for either Champ/Prem weeks before the season ended. Those targets may have changed a little with us being promoted, but not massively.
I would also guess that those players are still under serious consideration and things moving where possible. The wheels haven't stopped turning just because of all this speculation. We are talking about people who know how all these things work and are very good at what they do.
IF McKenna leaves, said targets are not likely to be on his new clubs radar, so no need to change plans unless our new potential manager doesn't rate any of those players.
Ashton and his people will be putting the club first, we can be sure of that.
Hope he stays, but I am sure that all the plans are in place should he leave.
[Post edited 27 May 12:25]

19 clubs in the Premier League will start without McKenna as manager. Maybe what’s needed to stay in the PL is different to what’s needed to stay there? Maybe we’ll appoint a more experienced manager with PL pedigree and Brighton will struggle while McK comes to terms with the new challenge?

Blog: 10 Points for the Future?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024