Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here we go USA... 19:40 - Feb 15 with 11110 viewsunstableblue

... let’s start lining up the mentally ill card, he was a known danger, more security at schools and armed teachers back story...

He was 19 years old and was able to get an AR-15 assault rifle.

Why can anyone get an AR-15 assault rifle? It’s an M-16 basically. Why does anyone other the army need an M-16?
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 19:41]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Here we go USA... on 19:43 - Feb 15 with 6974 viewsGeoffSentence

American Constitution isn't it. Revolution is basically built into it, Americans have the right to bear arms and the same arms as the military in case they need to revolt again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Here we go USA... on 19:51 - Feb 15 with 6948 viewsswede

Yes, I have read all those today from my U.S. friends on FB.

So many saying the answer to school shootings is to arm teachers! Why can't they see the elephant in the room? It is so obvious and very frustrating.
Here we go USA... on 20:02 - Feb 15 with 6918 viewsLord_Lucan

Here we go USA... on 19:51 - Feb 15 by swede

Yes, I have read all those today from my U.S. friends on FB.

So many saying the answer to school shootings is to arm teachers! Why can't they see the elephant in the room? It is so obvious and very frustrating.

No one believed me when I said it’s a sick nation.

If they spoke a different language and were brown no one would give them the time of day

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Here we go USA... on 20:07 - Feb 15 with 6901 viewsIllinoisblue

Here we go USA... on 20:02 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

If they spoke a different language and were brown no one would give them the time of day

That’s actually an interesting point. They’re very backwards over here in some respects; race relations an obvious one. I think it all boils down to America being a young country and full of insecurity. It’s still the land of opportunity but frankly you’d be hard pressed to rate it more than 6/10.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Here we go USA... on 20:08 - Feb 15 with 6889 viewsJ2BLUE

Here we go USA... on 20:02 - Feb 15 by Lord_Lucan

Well they don't speak English.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 20:08]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here we go USA... on 20:49 - Feb 15 with 6832 viewsSpruceMoose

Here we go USA... on 19:43 - Feb 15 by GeoffSentence

American Constitution isn't it. Revolution is basically built into it, Americans have the right to bear arms and the same arms as the military in case they need to revolt again.

If anyone is genuinely interested in this I'd recommend this podcast, which goes into some detail about the second amendment, the NRA and attitudes to gun control. The whole 'More Perfect' series of podcasts is really interesting actually, as they tend to examine the major Supreme Court decisions over the years.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/gun-show/

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Here we go USA... on 20:53 - Feb 15 with 6815 viewsSpruceMoose

Here we go USA... on 20:07 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

That’s actually an interesting point. They’re very backwards over here in some respects; race relations an obvious one. I think it all boils down to America being a young country and full of insecurity. It’s still the land of opportunity but frankly you’d be hard pressed to rate it more than 6/10.

Agreed. I was reflecting this a morning that in a lot of ways, this country is a good 50 - 100 years behind in Europe in many different aspects. Mainly in social attitudes, foreign policy, attitudes to the rest of the world, religion etc.

It's a wonderful, and awful country, all at once.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Here we go USA... on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 6788 viewshomer_123

Here we go USA... on 20:53 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Agreed. I was reflecting this a morning that in a lot of ways, this country is a good 50 - 100 years behind in Europe in many different aspects. Mainly in social attitudes, foreign policy, attitudes to the rest of the world, religion etc.

It's a wonderful, and awful country, all at once.

I love America, shame it's full of Americans.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Here we go USA... on 21:50 - Feb 15 with 6729 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unfortunately school massacres are merely collateral damage in the eyes of the NRA and their cohorts.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Here we go USA... on 22:23 - Feb 15 with 6669 viewsJoeSoap

Here we go USA... on 21:50 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Unfortunately school massacres are merely collateral damage in the eyes of the NRA and their cohorts.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Here we go USA... on 22:53 - Feb 15 with 6601 viewsBluesquid

Whats the best thing to do when weapons are so readily available?

Make more weapons available...

Here we go USA... on 23:47 - Feb 15 with 6553 viewsEireannach_gorm

Here we go USA... on 22:53 - Feb 15 by Bluesquid

Whats the best thing to do when weapons are so readily available?

Make more weapons available...

Useful for killing weeds but I'm not sure how it holds up against an AR-15.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ar-15-gun-florida-shooting-3853825-Feb2018/
Here we go USA... on 23:58 - Feb 15 with 6543 viewsSuperTommySmith

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ended-rule-block-mentally-ill-guns/story?id
Here we go USA... on 01:38 - Feb 16 with 6470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Here we go USA... on 23:47 - Feb 15 by Eireannach_gorm

Useful for killing weeds but I'm not sure how it holds up against an AR-15.

http://www.thejournal.ie/ar-15-gun-florida-shooting-3853825-Feb2018/

It also fulfills that other quintessential American pastime of burning as much fuel as possible. I've never been anywhere as wasteful. People will leave their car engines running, not just to pop into the shop (that's bad enough) but while they drop into the store for a coffee or while their kids are playing basketball. It's nuts. Yes it's cold, but the heater only takes 5 minutes to warm up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Here we go USA... on 08:21 - Feb 16 with 6367 viewsitfcjoe

It's so depressing when you read their supporters try and defend it, just totally and utterly brainwashed by messages that the government will be able to control them, guns don't kill people, they need to protect their families and that criminals would still get hold of them and run rampage.

Every single mass shooting has the mass shooter legally allowed to buy the gun and the ammunition - no civillian needs a weapon like this. It would be nice even if small steps were made like guns not banned, but you can only have hand guns and rifles that can't be loaded up with hundreds of bullets like you are f*cking Rambo

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Here we go USA... on 08:38 - Feb 16 with 6342 viewsimsureazzure

Religion still rules doesn't it?
Here we go USA... on 09:08 - Feb 16 with 6308 viewsTIB

Being a young country I think is the key. I still don't get why so many non-Americans get wound-up about what happens in America though? There is plenty of other f**ked up things happening in other countries that we could talk/hate about. Leave them to it

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Here we go USA... on 09:21 - Feb 16 with 6293 viewssolemio

Here we go USA... on 09:08 - Feb 16 by TIB

Being a young country I think is the key. I still don't get why so many non-Americans get wound-up about what happens in America though? There is plenty of other f**ked up things happening in other countries that we could talk/hate about. Leave them to it

Could it be because culturally the influence of the USA is greater than that of any other country?
Here we go USA... on 09:58 - Feb 16 with 6266 viewsipswich78

Here we go USA... on 09:08 - Feb 16 by TIB

Good point. It's not like the USA tries to get involved in things outside of their borders own borders.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Here we go USA... on 09:59 - Feb 16 with 6262 viewssparks

Here we go USA... on 09:21 - Feb 16 by solemio

Could it be because culturally the influence of the USA is greater than that of any other country?

Cultural, social, economic, military... yup

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Here we go USA... on 11:14 - Feb 16 with 6202 viewsThrobbe

I'm sure you know this, but there is a huge variation as it's a huge country. A friend plays online strategy games and has a number of friends in the south. Some of the attitudes (not just on race, but stuff like womens place in society) seem based in the early-mid 20th century. Just totally normal to her female friends, most of whom don't work because that's not what married women do.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Here we go USA... on 11:16 - Feb 16 with 6196 viewsTIB

Here we go USA... on 09:59 - Feb 16 by sparks

Life's too short to be worrying about stuff that realistically you have no control over...I don't think there is any danger of the gun laws over there heading over here.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Here we go USA... on 12:01 - Feb 16 with 6165 viewsBlueNomad

A few months ago Trump tweeted that us Brits should get our house in order as a result of a terrorist attack.

There have, apparently, been 18 school shootings in the US in 2018. Any politician here going to tell him to get his house in order?
Here we go USA... on 12:10 - Feb 16 with 6135 viewsNo9

Here we go USA... on 09:59 - Feb 16 by sparks

"Cultural, social, economic, military"
Isn't this a large part of their problem?
A gun culture they largely refuse to address
A lack of social cohesion & disregard for their fellows
Strobg economy?- maybe in California, the North East & Texas oil belt but there are large areas of economic hardship & deprevation in other places
& Presidents (or, at least Republican ones) that are bought & funded by 'defence contractors'

At the same time the media reported yesterday that, so far this calandar year there have been 18 incidents of guns being fired in education establishments with 8 serious injuries or fatalities, the nationals rifle association are the first organisation to endorse Trump for re-election as president.
Here we go USA... on 18:50 - Feb 16 with 6036 viewsunstableblue

Here we go USA... on 08:21 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

It's so depressing when you read their supporters try and defend it, just totally and utterly brainwashed by messages that the government will be able to control them, guns don't kill people, they need to protect their families and that criminals would still get hold of them and run rampage.

Every single mass shooting has the mass shooter legally allowed to buy the gun and the ammunition - no civillian needs a weapon like this. It would be nice even if small steps were made like guns not banned, but you can only have hand guns and rifles that can't be loaded up with hundreds of bullets like you are f*cking Rambo

The irony is that they get further and further away from rule of law with every gun that is bought in the USofA. Where they seek protection they make their society more lawless and unsafe.

We should tighten our own gun licensing and possession laws. Increase penalty for handling.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024