Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? 12:24 - Jan 8 with 6930 viewsIllinoisblue

Yellow vest rent-a-mob harassing and threatening MPs. I’m all for democracy but how has it come to this. It’s not going to end well, is it?

Also, the govt staged a traffic jam yesterday because....? WTF

We are living in weird times

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 4243 viewsSwansea_Blue

Weird indeed. Magnified x1000 by 24/7 news and social media. 99.9% of the population won't have directly seen any of this of course, but will still be jumping up and down about it all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 4225 viewsGunnsAirkick

Someone is going to get hurt.

I can see these goons clashing some Anti-Fascists (who aren't afraid of a bit of violence themselves) and it getting very messy.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:30 - Jan 8 with 4217 viewsBasuco

I don't get why there will there be an extra 100 lorries picking up goods from ports after a no deal brexit? Are we going to start importing more rather than manufacture it ourselves?
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 4187 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Can anyone else see the Irony that MPs are accusing the Police of not doing enough to keep them safe..

I think the last 10 years of police cuts may have contributed somehow.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:35 - Jan 8 with 4163 viewsbaxterbasics

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:30 - Jan 8 by Basuco

I don't get why there will there be an extra 100 lorries picking up goods from ports after a no deal brexit? Are we going to start importing more rather than manufacture it ourselves?

The problem is that lorries headed for mainland Europe currently only require minimal checks, and no customs declaration. Once GB is a 3rd country everything leaving will need a customs dec, and possibly additional regulatory checks.

Currently the average process time for a lorry at Dover checkpoints is 2 mins. If it goes up to just 4 mins, we have 26 mile queues.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:06 - Jan 8 with 4054 viewsGlebeTractor

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:29 - Jan 8 by GunnsAirkick

I can see these goons clashing some Anti-Fascists (who aren't afraid of a bit of violence themselves) and it getting very messy.

Don't forget angry vegans.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:13 - Jan 8 with 4013 viewsm14_blue

I think it’s a fairly safe bet that anyone ‘protesting’ in this country whilst wearing a yellow vest is a total nob and thick as two short planks.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 3963 viewsElephantintheRoom

I say, do you, living out in the colonies mean Great Britain when you say England? A bit rich seeing who your colonial chums voted to rule them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:48 - Jan 8 with 3925 viewsZedRodgers

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:29 - Jan 8 by GunnsAirkick

We are already beyond "somebody is going to get hurt".

Never forget that Jo Cox was murdered as a direct result of this very same political climate.

No, not at the moment

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 3893 viewsBluefish

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:33 - Jan 8 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Can anyone else see the Irony that MPs are accusing the Police of not doing enough to keep them safe..

I think the last 10 years of police cuts may have contributed somehow.

Now all of that could be true if there were no police in the nearby area because they are all busy elsewhere or just not deployed.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:57 - Jan 8 with 3877 viewsHARRY10

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:35 - Jan 8 by baxterbasics

The problem is that lorries headed for mainland Europe currently only require minimal checks, and no customs declaration. Once GB is a 3rd country everything leaving will need a customs dec, and possibly additional regulatory checks.

Currently the average process time for a lorry at Dover checkpoints is 2 mins. If it goes up to just 4 mins, we have 26 mile queues.

And that is hy this nonsense is not going to happen. Thickos v money/employment.

I know who my money is on.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 14:49 - Jan 8 with 3801 viewsBloomBlue

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:35 - Jan 8 by baxterbasics

The French will be very unhappy with those long queues at the French ports they'll be rioting (again)
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 3759 viewsEwan_Oozami

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 14:49 - Jan 8 by BloomBlue

The French will be very unhappy with those long queues at the French ports they'll be rioting (again)

In their Gilets Jaunes?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:18 - Jan 8 with 3716 viewsGlasgowBlue

It is appalling and inexcusable but this isn't a new phenomenon. Farage had to be locked in an Edinburgh pub for his own safety after a mob started getting ugly in 2013. Elderly attendees at the Tory party conference were on the end of vile abuse in Manchester in 2015. JRM Has had his home vandalised and his kids door stopped recently.

If you go onto social media you will see the likes of Rachel Riley and Tracy-Ann Oberman on the receiving end of vile abuse and threats for speaking out against anti semitism.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:22 - Jan 8 with 3705 viewsjimmyvet

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:48 - Jan 8 by ZedRodgers

We are already beyond "somebody is going to get hurt".

Never forget that Jo Cox was murdered as a direct result of this very same political climate.

Yes and the vast majority of the jewish faith in the uk are very worried for their safety with the rise of the hard left.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:24 - Jan 8 with 3687 viewsBluesquid

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:28 - Jan 8 with 3679 viewswkj

In short, people saw the french lot doing it, so in a bid to become less associated with EU lot, we have taken to half arsed copy-cat protesting in the style of the EU lot
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 15:29]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:30 - Jan 8 with 3669 viewsMarinerisGod

They are building over 5 miles of car parks, in the area fairly shortly. I know this as my in- laws have the contract to build them. So I'm guessing they are expecting at least 5 miles of lorrys on a daily basis.

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 3656 viewsjjblue84

"I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action" - John McDonnell MP, 2012

Bloody right-wingers!!!
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:52 - Jan 8 with 3600 viewsbritbiker

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 12:27 - Jan 8 by Swansea_Blue

Weird indeed. Magnified x1000 by 24/7 news and social media. 99.9% of the population won't have directly seen any of this of course, but will still be jumping up and down about it all.

Now MPs are going to debate abuse on the internet. Why do MPs only look at these things seriously when it happens to them. Abuse by anonymous people on the internet should have been tackled as a priority ten years ago.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:54 - Jan 8 with 3588 viewswkj

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:52 - Jan 8 by britbiker

Now MPs are going to debate abuse on the internet. Why do MPs only look at these things seriously when it happens to them. Abuse by anonymous people on the internet should have been tackled as a priority ten years ago.

Hopefully they hold Trump to task on this too; I am not going of on one here - whether you support him or not, his behaviour online will only breed or exacerbate it amongst people who buy into his philosophies, especially if they feel it is shown to be working.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 3573 viewsZedRodgers

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:32 - Jan 8 by jjblue84

"I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action" - John McDonnell MP, 2012

Bloody right-wingers!!!

This quote is taken from a trade union conference speaking specifically about industrial action being taken over workers rights and the Cameron government allowing large companies to exploit people.

Full quote is "I want to consider how we are coordinating our industrial action so that when one group takes direct action of whatever sort or at whatever level, we're immediately supporting them, and that we coordinate the direct action campaigns on a synchronised basis.

I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP *or coalition government minister* can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action.

They need to be held to account for every action and every suffering they are causing working class people in this country. My view is that they're social criminals and eventually I warn them: We will try you for what you've done. We will try you for what you've done to our communities. We will hold you responsible for every harm, every hurt you have made against individuals in this country."

I know some people don't like the strong words McDonnell chooses sometimes and that some people don't support industrial action, but to imply that this quote was some kind of call to arms or endorsement of harassment is either disingenuous or misconceived.

No, not at the moment

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 16:00 - Jan 8 with 3556 viewsbritbiker

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:54 - Jan 8 by wkj

Hopefully they hold Trump to task on this too; I am not going of on one here - whether you support him or not, his behaviour online will only breed or exacerbate it amongst people who buy into his philosophies, especially if they feel it is shown to be working.

Along with the ' its fake news' to every piece of news against him no matter how credible any of the information is.
What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 16:07 - Jan 8 with 3525 viewsPinewoodblue

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 13:29 - Jan 8 by ElephantintheRoom

I say, do you, living out in the colonies mean Great Britain when you say England? A bit rich seeing who your colonial chums voted to rule them.

Heaven help me I have up voted TB. But he is right about Illie. Yu can excuse anyone educated in the US for wrongly saying England they were taught from an early age of how the US was formed, how they fought for independence from England.

There is no excuse for anyone educated in the UK to refer to England when they mean the United Kingdom of Gt Britaisn and Northern Ireland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 16:08 - Jan 8 with 3524 viewseireblue

What in holy hell is going on in England right now? on 15:58 - Jan 8 by ZedRodgers

This quote is taken from a trade union conference speaking specifically about industrial action being taken over workers rights and the Cameron government allowing large companies to exploit people.

Full quote is "I want to consider how we are coordinating our industrial action so that when one group takes direct action of whatever sort or at whatever level, we're immediately supporting them, and that we coordinate the direct action campaigns on a synchronised basis.

I want to be in a situation where no Tory MP *or coalition government minister* can travel anywhere in the country, or show their face anywhere in public, without being challenged, without direct action.

They need to be held to account for every action and every suffering they are causing working class people in this country. My view is that they're social criminals and eventually I warn them: We will try you for what you've done. We will try you for what you've done to our communities. We will hold you responsible for every harm, every hurt you have made against individuals in this country."

I know some people don't like the strong words McDonnell chooses sometimes and that some people don't support industrial action, but to imply that this quote was some kind of call to arms or endorsement of harassment is either disingenuous or misconceived.

To me, the full quote is equally bad.

In my opinion it reads as a more elegant version of “Lock her up”. Not much more.

He could have stopped at the first paragraph.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024