Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the subject of politics and the GE... 09:11 - Dec 10 with 1129 viewschicoazul

....has anyone had their MP or staff, campaigners etc knock on their door? I haven't, and I had 3 different parties do it last time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:12 - Dec 10 with 942 viewsSaleAway

Not whilst I've been in - I've had literature from Labour, but no one else....

But I live in one of the safest Labour seats in the country... no one is wasting time campaigning here.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:13 - Dec 10 with 941 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope. And we're far from a certainty for either Tory/Labour. Had stacks of junk mail though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:14 - Dec 10 with 935 viewsBluefish

Dame Margaret has never knocked on my door in the 7.5 years that i have lived here. When I needed her assistance on something in the past she couldn't care less. Matt Hancock knocked on my door when I lived in Suffolk though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:14 - Dec 10 with 934 viewsGeoffSentence

No. Never have had though. No-one tries too hard round here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:17 - Dec 10 with 917 viewschicoazul

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:14 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

No. Never have had though. No-one tries too hard round here.

It's weird only because I live in a safe Tory seat but Lab and the LDs along with the Tories knocked last time. I basically never leave my house so wouldnt miss them if they did come round.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:18 - Dec 10 with 910 viewschicoazul

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:13 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

Nope. And we're far from a certainty for either Tory/Labour. Had stacks of junk mail though.

I havent even had that, and I got quite a few bits through the door last time. Nobody cares about poor Chico's vote.

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:20 - Dec 10 with 909 viewsStokieBlue

Not whilst I have been there but I've had leaflets from the 3 main parties and Diane's foot soldiers were patrolling Church Street on the weekend trying to talk to anyone who would stop and listen.

No sign of the others though and to be frank it would be a waste of their time to be there anyway.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:23 - Dec 10 with 892 viewsHerbivore

Labour have knocked a few times, but no Tories. This is a Labour/Tory marginal but my bit of the constituency is heavily Labour, the Tories will be campaigning in the 'burbs and villages.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:26 - Dec 10 with 889 viewsbrazil1982

I have never had political canvassers at my door from any party. Several mail shots from all parties except Green (saving paper?).
On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:27 - Dec 10 with 887 viewsjeera

My area is one of those where you could stick a blue rosette on a tree etc...

According to Electoral Calculus.

Chance of
winning

CON 94%
LAB 5%
LIB 1%
Green 0%
UKIP 0%

You can't even make a tactical vote based on these odds.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:32 - Dec 10 with 877 viewsGuthrum

I haven't (at least, not while I was in), but my mother has had visits from both Con and LibDem candidates.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:34 - Dec 10 with 868 viewsReuser_is_God

I’ve not even had a leaflet from the local T*ry.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:45 - Dec 10 with 831 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Had leaflets from all 4 candidates in Pinewood, but not any canvassing to my knowledge, although to be fair, I,m out most of the day during the week.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:46 - Dec 10 with 825 viewshampstead_blue

Nothing. Just a leaflet from red, blue, and gold.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 819 viewsGeoffSentence

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:45 - Dec 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

Had leaflets from all 4 candidates in Pinewood, but not any canvassing to my knowledge, although to be fair, I,m out most of the day during the week.

Is Pinewood in South Suffolk or Ipswich Constituency?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:51 - Dec 10 with 806 viewsHerbivore

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:48 - Dec 10 by GeoffSentence

Is Pinewood in South Suffolk or Ipswich Constituency?

South Suffolk I believe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 10:50 - Dec 10 with 781 viewslongtimefan

I've had no one at the door and I believe the only thing through the door was some Brexit party rubbish, and that may have even been before the election was announced.
On the subject of politics and the GE... on 10:52 - Dec 10 with 778 viewswkj

I doubt anyone will really come out in Dan Poulter land unless there is a nice camera following them from Look East. This seat is as safe as houses for the conservatives.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 10:55 - Dec 10 with 773 viewsSomethingBlue

Not one. A couple of Lib Dem flyers and nothing from the Tories, but then Labour (who were very active on the doorsteps last time en route to a 40k majority) aren't losing this seat in a million years.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 11:04 - Dec 10 with 757 viewsDanTheMan

I've had Labour, and that's it.

So many leaflets though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 750 viewsbluelagos

I did a 25 miles cycle yesterday and did a count of the posters.

1 x Tory
1 x Labour
3 x Libs

Struck me that there are very few posters up and I am wondering if turnout will be low? People are clearly not enthused with what's on offer in South Suffolk or North Essex.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 11:34 - Dec 10 with 738 viewsBigManBlue

Not a bean. Actually I had a leaflet from my incumbent and very, very safe Tory. Apparently he wants to Get Brexit Done... I'm very glad that he cleared that up.

Haven't even seen many signs on roundabouts or bedroom windows this time.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 11:49 - Dec 10 with 721 viewsusm

Nope, not seen anything from anyone, not even seen a nice glossy flyer.
A couple of LibDem posters in windows but thats about it.
As Mick would say "No-one gives a flying one".

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 12:25 - Dec 10 with 683 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 09:51 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

South Suffolk I believe.

You are correct. Just come under South Suffolk.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

On the subject of politics and the GE... on 12:36 - Dec 10 with 674 viewsPinewoodblue

Years ago I was attending a training course at companies national training centre in Notts. The local conservative candidate approached the training centre manager and asked if he could talk to those on a training course.

He spent 15 minutes explaining what he intended to do if elected and when finished asked, as a matter of interest, how many would vote for him. No one responded, his face was a picture when the lecturer explained none of us lived in his constituency.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024