Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge fixtures tonight for us... 00:19 - Feb 25 with 5218 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Coventry v Rotherham
Oxford v Accrington
Portsmouth v MK Dons
Sunderland v Fleetwood

Can’t see Accrington or MK Dons doing us a favour. Guess a draw is the best result for the Sunderland and Fleetwood game? Could also see one of Coventry or Rotherham move well and truly out of sight, more so than they already are!

Wins for Oxford, fleetwood and Pompey would make the table look absolutely hideous, leaving us 4 points off 6th having played a game more.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 00:36 - Feb 25 with 2855 viewsIllinoisblue

We are fooked. We show NO sign of being able to go on a run. With Shambert in charge we’ll be in Division 3 for a while

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 06:22 - Feb 25 with 2723 viewsChrisd

Why even torture yourself? Our current record of 4 wins in our last 22 games shows we just aren’t capable of getting in the top 6. Our form since 1st November is that of a side in 15th place. A top 10 finish is more realistic, rather than top 6.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 8:54]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:16 - Feb 25 with 2644 viewspeterleeblue

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 06:22 - Feb 25 by Chrisd

Why even torture yourself? Our current record of 4 wins in our last 22 games shows we just aren’t capable of getting in the top 6. Our form since 1st November is that of a side in 15th place. A top 10 finish is more realistic, rather than top 6.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 8:54]

I'n not even sure we are capable of that. Once the game is up its up for Lambert as well. The players wont care.

We wont trouble the 7 teams above us.

Embarrassing yes, Unexpected No.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:27 - Feb 25 with 2612 viewsITFC_Forever

Up to six teams, certainly two and very likely four will move even further ahead of us....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:33 - Feb 25 with 2592 viewsRegencyBlue

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 00:36 - Feb 25 by Illinoisblue

We are fooked. We show NO sign of being able to go on a run. With Shambert in charge we’ll be in Division 3 for a while

With Evans as owner I think relegation to League 4 is more likely in the not too distant future!

We are well and truly fooked as you say.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:46 - Feb 25 with 2562 viewsHerbivore

I'm not even bothered. I've written the season off now, just waiting for it to end so we can get rid of Lambert and start all over again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:34 - Feb 25 with 2488 viewsitfcjoe

We need to worry about our next 3 games - Blackpool (a), Fleetwood (h), Coventry (h).

THat could easily be the final nail in both ours and Lambert's coffin because i don't see where a w in is coming from - especially in the 2 home games which will upset the natives and see the crowd turn.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:40 - Feb 25 with 2432 viewstractorboy1978

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:34 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

We need to worry about our next 3 games - Blackpool (a), Fleetwood (h), Coventry (h).

THat could easily be the final nail in both ours and Lambert's coffin because i don't see where a w in is coming from - especially in the 2 home games which will upset the natives and see the crowd turn.

I honestly don't think ME is concerned about not getting promotion this season. I don't see Lambert going unless of course he chooses to walk.
Login to get fewer ads

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:43 - Feb 25 with 2417 viewsPJH

I think if we do not win at Blackpool then that is it all over, if it isn't already.

For us to have any chance we need two or three teams to collapse and we to consistently win games.

A lot of the off field stuff that PL has done with the fans will then be in ruins when the ralisation that we have at least one more season in this terrible division.

In all probability this season will now see our lowest finish since we were 16th in the Third Division in 1952/53.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:49 - Feb 25 with 2387 viewsunstableblue

Totally agree....

The players and coaching staff have got to find a balance and formula to start getting wins on the board, its all about momentum if we're going to salvage the season. Wins bring confidence, and that combined with a system that fits our team, is what could take us up. But its not looking good.

It all starts at Blackpool - we are both in similar form.

Drop Nolan, get Huws back in, find some attacking bite from Sears, Bishop and/or Dobra. With Jackson and Norwood out, its needs must over the 3 crucial games you sight.

If we could get 7 points then eveything looks different; we'd have KVY returning, Jackons back, and potentially some momentum.

But like you I'm not sure I see where its coming from!! and as you say crowd could turn. We have played well in recent games though, we need to find that form again. It does rely on players such as Judge turning up.

My fear is Downes is going to be suspended.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:54 - Feb 25 with 2371 viewsHerbivore

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:49 - Feb 25 by unstableblue

Totally agree....

The players and coaching staff have got to find a balance and formula to start getting wins on the board, its all about momentum if we're going to salvage the season. Wins bring confidence, and that combined with a system that fits our team, is what could take us up. But its not looking good.

It all starts at Blackpool - we are both in similar form.

Drop Nolan, get Huws back in, find some attacking bite from Sears, Bishop and/or Dobra. With Jackson and Norwood out, its needs must over the 3 crucial games you sight.

If we could get 7 points then eveything looks different; we'd have KVY returning, Jackons back, and potentially some momentum.

But like you I'm not sure I see where its coming from!! and as you say crowd could turn. We have played well in recent games though, we need to find that form again. It does rely on players such as Judge turning up.

My fear is Downes is going to be suspended.

We've played well in recent games? We've taken 4 points from our last 6 matches ffs.

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:56 - Feb 25 with 2351 viewsBiGDonnie

Let it go. We're not making the top 6. Our results over the past 6 months should confirm that.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 2350 viewsitfcjoe

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:40 - Feb 25 by tractorboy1978

I honestly don't think ME is concerned about not getting promotion this season. I don't see Lambert going unless of course he chooses to walk.

I don't disagree, but there are ways of not getting promotion though - if we don't win in the next 3 and end up out of the race with 2-3 games left then the fan unrest will likely force his hand.

ST packs need to go out soon - how will they be marketed - we are going to sell our best players, and hope to do better next year with the same manager?!

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:57 - Feb 25 with 2349 viewsBigManBlue

If we can't start picking up our own points it's all a bit irrelevant...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:59 - Feb 25 with 2346 viewsitfcjoe

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:43 - Feb 25 by PJH

I think if we do not win at Blackpool then that is it all over, if it isn't already.

For us to have any chance we need two or three teams to collapse and we to consistently win games.

A lot of the off field stuff that PL has done with the fans will then be in ruins when the ralisation that we have at least one more season in this terrible division.

In all probability this season will now see our lowest finish since we were 16th in the Third Division in 1952/53.

If we were to win all our home games and pick up a win or two away we will probably make it - but can you see us beating Fleetwood, Coventry and Portsmouth?

I don't like to criticise PL for the off field stuff, it is important and has re-engaged the fan base - but if you don't get it right on the pitch then that is on fragile ground and will be gone straight away

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 09:10 - Feb 25 with 2302 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:33 - Feb 25 by RegencyBlue

With Evans as owner I think relegation to League 4 is more likely in the not too distant future!

We are well and truly fooked as you say.

Agree completely. Not bothered at all about tonights results. There is no hope whatsoever as long as Evans owns the club and League Two is a matter of time. When is this nightmare going to end?
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 09:49 - Feb 25 with 2224 viewsITFC_Forever

A critical mass in the SBRL and those on here and twitter have already turned.

Whether that's a representation of the general fan base or not, who knows, but it seems Lambert is a busted flush for many...

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 09:52 - Feb 25 with 2207 viewsVaughan8

As sad as this sounds, I don't really care.

They aren't all going to lose so we are going to fall further behind whatever tonight.

We need to start winning 3 or 4 in a row to stand a chance of getting in the playoffs anyway so I just care about our results.....!
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 10:07 - Feb 25 with 2172 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:57 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree, but there are ways of not getting promotion though - if we don't win in the next 3 and end up out of the race with 2-3 games left then the fan unrest will likely force his hand.

ST packs need to go out soon - how will they be marketed - we are going to sell our best players, and hope to do better next year with the same manager?!

I wonder how many on the “new” or returning ticket holders would renew next year if we’re still in league one. The is that it’s mainly families or younger kids that are new members, who will renew regardless because they haven’t sat through the pain of the last few years! Can’t see many more new tickets being sold next year though
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 10:14 - Feb 25 with 2144 viewsIpswichKnight

Cov and Rotherham might take points off each other but doubt they will be too fussed with a draw, the other three games Oxford, Pompey and Sunderland will be home wins. If we don't win this Saturday the pressure will be massively on for Fleetwood and we all know how well we play when it's a pressure game.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 10:23 - Feb 25 with 2107 viewsPecker

Let it go my friend. I am a very optimistic Town supporter, but even I am starting to question our chances of making even the play-offs. Do yourself a favour and just let the season pan out with low expectations. You might get a surprise that way.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 10:27 - Feb 25 with 2097 viewsNotSure

Have to agree with everyone above.
We had out huge fixtures in the last 6 games (Rotherham, Peterborough, Sunderland and Oxford). 0 points and the manager has been exposed for the fraud that he is.
Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 1848 viewsGarv

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 07:46 - Feb 25 by Herbivore

I'm not even bothered. I've written the season off now, just waiting for it to end so we can get rid of Lambert and start all over again.

Christ.

We often disagree but I generally respect your views.

If it's so imperative that we go up, why are you no longer bothered? If the squad have the same view, maybe that's why we're coming up short so often.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 13:53 - Feb 25 with 1828 viewsHerbivore

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 13:47 - Feb 25 by Garv

Christ.

We often disagree but I generally respect your views.

If it's so imperative that we go up, why are you no longer bothered? If the squad have the same view, maybe that's why we're coming up short so often.

We've shown nothing to suggest we can put in a string of performances to get into the top 6, so I'm not going to bother holding out any hope. Stuart Watson at the weekend said it feels like we're waiting to be put out of our misery again this season and I think that's about right.

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 13:56 - Feb 25 with 1801 viewstractorboy1978

Huge fixtures tonight for us... on 08:57 - Feb 25 by itfcjoe

He's going to look bloody silly sacking a bloke he gave a 5 year deal to 4 months previously. And not only that, at the time he talked about the long term and indirectly played down expectations for this season (as everyone at the club seems to do because we have no ambition or drive).

At the moment we are getting 19k through the gate consistently. I am not saying that would stay the same next season but we were getting 13/14k at times during MM's last year here. I can't see gates dropping lower than that personally. STs would be a hard sell but I think he is brazen enough to try and do it.

Obviously I have no insight into the terms of Lambert's deal but I would assume if he were to be sacked at the end of this season, he'd get a fairly chunky pay out even if it isn't the full 5 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024