Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* 08:29 - May 27 with 4082 viewsartsbossbeard

Anyone else think that a) his rather loaded style of questioning of the Law maker-breaker on Sunday and b) the short change he got from Matt Handcock (SIC) last night indicates he's got something else to bring to the party and simply waiting for the most opportune time?

No, just me then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:31 - May 27 with 3783 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I though he was awful on Sunday, him and Laura K together were very weak and almost sheepish. Took the Sky reporter and subsequent reporters to really go for the jugular and put Cummings under pressure.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:35 - May 27 with 3750 viewsPinewoodblue

He’s the guy who brings a Caron of orange juice to the party and drinks all the beer.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:36 - May 27 with 3749 viewspointofblue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:31 - May 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

I though he was awful on Sunday, him and Laura K together were very weak and almost sheepish. Took the Sky reporter and subsequent reporters to really go for the jugular and put Cummings under pressure.

I actually thought the opposite, that the approach from Laura K and Peston was a case of giving him enough rope to hang himself with, which he did so well. The issue is the way he speaks and the manner he asks questions - it can be so drawn out by the time he’s finished asking them the interviewee has had time to compose an answer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:49 - May 27 with 3687 viewsfactual_blue

I would say there's another revelation to come, possibly at the weekend, but Peston isn't going to steal somebody else's scoop.

The key point was his question to cummings 'have you been anywhere else?'

Let's wait and see....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:51 - May 27 with 3672 viewsartsbossbeard

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:49 - May 27 by factual_blue

I would say there's another revelation to come, possibly at the weekend, but Peston isn't going to steal somebody else's scoop.

The key point was his question to cummings 'have you been anywhere else?'

Let's wait and see....

Yep. Let's be honest here, if it wasn't for that pesky pensioner, the trip to the castle would've been denied. Again.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:57 - May 27 with 3642 viewsStokieBlue

Does it matter anymore?

Cummings has clearly been caught breaking the rules he helped put in place at least twice and nothing has happened.

Even if he had some more revelations it's hard to see how anything will happen.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:01 - May 27 with 3619 viewsmonytowbray

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:57 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Does it matter anymore?

Cummings has clearly been caught breaking the rules he helped put in place at least twice and nothing has happened.

SB

What if the second trip can be proved as well as a 3rd trip?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:07 - May 27 with 3589 viewsStokieBlue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:01 - May 27 by monytowbray

What if the second trip can be proved as well as a 3rd trip?

I honestly don't think it matters. They will continue with the same obtuse stance and he will remain in his position. The people who aren't bothered about one trip aren't going to be bothered about two or three. They will justify it to themselves somehow. My friend with a PhD in string theory cites it all as a leftie plot so that highlights to me the futility of the situation - he's far from stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's made 2, 3 or 4 trips. He should never have been near government and this should have been the event that removed him forever. Boris will suffer for it long-term and rightly so.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:09 - May 27 with 3579 viewsSwansea_Blue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:07 - May 27 by StokieBlue

I honestly don't think it matters. They will continue with the same obtuse stance and he will remain in his position. The people who aren't bothered about one trip aren't going to be bothered about two or three. They will justify it to themselves somehow. My friend with a PhD in string theory cites it all as a leftie plot so that highlights to me the futility of the situation - he's far from stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's made 2, 3 or 4 trips. He should never have been near government and this should have been the event that removed him forever. Boris will suffer for it long-term and rightly so.

SB

Doesn't matter in the slightest as there doesn't seem to be any mechanism to hold them to account (other than at the ballot box, and they've corrupted that process too).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:25 - May 27 with 3534 viewsm14_blue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:07 - May 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Yep, anyone who believes that he drove to a local beauty spot, on his wife’s birthday, and accidentally took a walk by the river because his son needed a wee, has abandoned all pretence of reason.

Nothing will change that now.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 09:29 - May 27 with 3501 viewsFreddies_Ears

SB

It felt really odd to me when they relaxed the lockdown and said, quite specifically, that you can drive "as far as you want" to take exercise. In hindsight, it looks like they might just possibly have known there was something that might need explanation...
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:07 - May 27 with 3401 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:57 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Does it matter anymore?

SB

It's as if people haven't seen what has been happening across the Atlantic for the past 4 years.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:08 - May 27 with 3386 viewsSwansea_Blue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:07 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's as if people haven't seen what has been happening across the Atlantic for the past 4 years.

Or here for the last 4 years.

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:10 - May 27 with 3378 viewsLibero

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:07 - May 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Or in Russia under Vladislav Surkov's choreography.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:12 - May 27 with 3374 viewsmonytowbray

SB

I am somewhere between this opinion and "maybe just maybe it will be the tipping point".

But I'm used to being disappointed with politics. Never voted for a winning party in a GE, but the way things have gone at least I can say my morals are in tact and I have an eye for BS.

CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG IF ALL ARGUMENTS ARE HYPOTHETICAL ON CORBYN'S REIGN ;)

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:19 - May 27 with 3329 viewsSwansea_Blue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:10 - May 27 by Libero

Or in Russia under Vladislav Surkov's choreography.

It's certainly a global network - Koch Brothers - the Elliotts - Surkov - Cummings' missing years in Russia, etc...

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:30 - May 27 with 3303 viewsBasuco

I did notice at the rose garden press conference the most difficult question for him to answer was "have you made other trips to Durham?" He went into hyper stutter and avoided the question. I think it is a certainty that he and his family have made further trips to the north East. But anything other than a huge provable lie at that press conference will make no difference.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:32 - May 27 with 3291 viewsgordon

SB

One of the really awful things about what's happening now is the shady social media campaigns which are designed to radicalise, stoke division, muddy the waters, confuse truth and lies, and reduce trust in all established sources of information.

Because that's the only way this type of government can succeed - if people get to the point where they just don't believe that anyone or anything can be honest, truthful, or want to do good.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:36 - May 27 with 3268 viewsm14_blue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:32 - May 27 by gordon

One of the really awful things about what's happening now is the shady social media campaigns which are designed to radicalise, stoke division, muddy the waters, confuse truth and lies, and reduce trust in all established sources of information.

Because that's the only way this type of government can succeed - if people get to the point where they just don't believe that anyone or anything can be honest, truthful, or want to do good.

Yep, hence the prolonged and vicious attacks on the media, particularly the BBC.

If you can discredit the messenger then people will feel justified in decrying the message, even when it’s demonstrably true.

You can see how it works on this site, fundamentally decent people are suddenly more interested in the actions of a few journalists (wrongly) doorstepping someone than they are in the government sacrificing public health during a pandemic to save an aide’s job.

It’s so obvious what’s happening and yet somehow it’s still working
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 11:56 - May 27 with 3124 viewsbracknell_blue

His questions need to be shorter, more pithy and more forensic. A long rambling question will invariably get a rambling answer and therefore fails to hit the mark.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 13:14 - May 27 with 3027 viewsBlueNomad

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 10:30 - May 27 by Basuco

I did notice at the rose garden press conference the most difficult question for him to answer was "have you made other trips to Durham?" He went into hyper stutter and avoided the question. I think it is a certainty that he and his family have made further trips to the north East. But anything other than a huge provable lie at that press conference will make no difference.

Really he’s a bit like a badly damaged battleship that just needs a torpedo to finish it off.

(I know, I’ve watched too many war films over lockdown!)
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 13:30 - May 27 with 2989 viewsclive_baker

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 08:36 - May 27 by pointofblue

I actually thought the opposite, that the approach from Laura K and Peston was a case of giving him enough rope to hang himself with, which he did so well. The issue is the way he speaks and the manner he asks questions - it can be so drawn out by the time he’s finished asking them the interviewee has had time to compose an answer.

What he says doesn't really bother me, it's more how he says it. His manner is incredibly sanctimonious and he appears to love the sound of his own voice. Taking over a minute to ask a question is ridiculous, he needs to be much sharper, more concise with his questions. The 'Peston' name sign that he's got on his wall also annoys me. I'm pretty sure he's a bit of a tw@t.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 13:30 - May 27 with 2988 viewsKievthegreat

SB

I don't think it makes his position any less tenable, but it will maintain the momentum of the story for longer. If it can be maintained until next Wednesday, then Starmer, who seems happy to stay quiet and watch the Tories fall over themselves for now, can needle Boris at PMQs. There's no election for a long time, but the Tories will be conscious of how badly this is viewed in the public as the longer it goes, the more chance of it being remembered.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 14:10 - May 27 with 2917 viewsjontysnut

SB

the Guardian/Mirror had been working for weeks on this and I reckon they have more. Ultimately this could come as a test of Boris's judgement and there might be a point where he has to reluctantly weigh Cummings off.
Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 15:12 - May 27 with 2820 viewsStokieBlue

Peston, Robert. *Tin foil hat maybe required here.* on 14:10 - May 27 by jontysnut

the Guardian/Mirror had been working for weeks on this and I reckon they have more. Ultimately this could come as a test of Boris's judgement and there might be a point where he has to reluctantly weigh Cummings off.

Ultimately?

It's clearly already been a test of his judgement and one he has failed. No further exposes or breaches are going to change the fact he has already failed. Even if he gets rid of Cummings after another revelation that immediately begs the question of why he didn't before.

As per my previous point, some just won't care.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024