Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI 01:39 - Feb 20 with 2143 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Having mentioned Jamie Pullen v Grimsby and Zeki Fryers v Huddersfield in another thread, I'm inspired to try and create a Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI.

Here are the rules:

1. We're going to play 4-4-2: we need nominations for a goalkeeper, Right Back, Left Back, Two Central Defenders, a Left Midfielder or Winger, a Right Midfielder or Winger, and two Strikers.

2. Posters may only nominate a player who played in a game that they attended in person. The player may have been better than that normally, but in that particular game the poster believes that they may lay claim to the worst ever ITFC appearance in that position.

3. Each poster may only nominate one player. Pick your worst. (Or if they have already been nominated, your second, etc.)

I'll kick off. It's between Jamie Pullen in goal v Grimsby, or Zeki Fryers away v Huddersfield. Because it was Pullen's debut, and it is understandable that he was nervous, I'm going for Zeki "I can't even complete a 5 yard pass in a must-win game, in a promotion chasing side" Fryers. Utter, utter gash, Hope died that day.

My nomination: Left Back: Zeki Fryers v Huddersfield (A) 2015

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 02:01 - Feb 20 with 2095 viewsBondiBlue

Mark fish. QPR away.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 02:02 - Feb 20 with 2095 viewschrismakin

I Nominate Tommy Smith v Peterborough 2011

Had an absolute mare that day, followed by a Red

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 03:08 - Feb 20 with 2068 viewsitfctilidie

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 02:02 - Feb 20 by chrismakin

Goalkeeper - Craig Forrest

Manchester United Away 1995
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 3:08]
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 04:29 - Feb 20 with 2027 viewsIPS_wich

In 2013 I was trying to get my 8 year old lad to fall in love with football and ITFC (he’s 16 now and has zero interest in any sport).

Took him to the League Cup first round game away to Stevenage thinking it would be good for him to see a resounding Ipswich win.

90 minutes later and we’ve been knocked out 2-0.

I mention the story about my son because that’s the second most memorable thing about the game,

The first was seeing Freddie Veseli’s only game in the first team at right back. Singularly the worst game I’ve ever seen anyone in a Town shirt play - and that includes all of the last two seasons!!

So I nominate Veseli for right back.
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 06:32 - Feb 20 with 1965 viewsPendejo

Would have to be the team we fielded 4th March 1995

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 06:53 - Feb 20 with 1952 viewsArnieM

Graham Harbey..... ANY match he played .
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 6:53]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:07 - Feb 20 with 1814 viewschicoazul

These threads always make me laugh
Boyos, you do know the players playing for us right now are the worst players in Ipswich Town history right? Graham Harbey David Hill Vermund Skaard and Balint Bajner would all be huge improvements. The final great tragedy of the Banter Era as it winds to a close (soon by the way)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 1807 viewsSteve_M

Aidan Collins against Preston in August 2005. Only played because Naylor was harshly sent off at Millwall but totally or of his depth against Nugent.

Looking at Soccerbase the back four must have been: Sito - Willis - Collins - Richards.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=34935&season_id=135

Still better than Pullen letting the tamest of shots through his body though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:09 - Feb 20 with 1799 viewshoppy

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 02:01 - Feb 20 by BondiBlue

Mark fish. QPR away.

We all dream of a team of Mark Fishes... that way a few more people could nominate him?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:13 - Feb 20 with 1783 viewsTrumptonBlue

Bit harsh, he was only on the pitch for two minutes. He was a half-time sub and was sent off on 47.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 9:13]
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:16 - Feb 20 with 1759 viewsDennyx4

Didn't he only play about 2 minutes that day?

I seem to remember him coming on at half time as a substitute and then being sent off in the first few minutes of the second half.
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:17 - Feb 20 with 1753 viewsHerbivore

Misread the rules. Will have another think.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 9:19]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:20 - Feb 20 with 1743 views44_not_out

This is a bit harsh, and he went on to be a legend, but Tarrico’s debut against Bolton (I think). He was dreadful and we didn’t see him for a year
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:20 - Feb 20 with 1741 viewsWeWereZombies

Earl Jean - home v Stoke, December 1996. A headless chicken connected to a four hundred and fifty volt three phase power supply via rectum and frontal lobes would have been less frantic. And less out of position, even if it never left the touchline.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:32 - Feb 20 with 1691 viewsVic

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:13 - Feb 20 by TrumptonBlue

Bit harsh, he was only on the pitch for two minutes. He was a half-time sub and was sent off on 47.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 9:13]

Ok - try Tommy Smith V Newcastle, 26 September 2009. Never seen a player giving such a good rabbit caught in headlights impression. Froze every time a Newcie player ran ar him. Truly awful.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:41 - Feb 20 with 1658 viewsRomeo4

Luke Hyam versus Southampton. FA Cup replay c.2015

Couldn’t do a thing right on the night. Absolutely schooled by a teenage Harrison Reed all game.
Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 09:55 - Feb 20 with 1620 viewsbluelagos

Michael Clegg. Full back.

Made his debut at Crewe if my memory serves me right. He was fcking hopeless. Made 3 appearances before Burley fcked him off back to Man United. 3 too many.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Worst ever "Seen in person" ITFC XI on 10:07 - Feb 20 with 1585 viewsWoolfenthen

Chris O'Donnell vs Crystal Palace at home, sold Paul Cooper short on 3 occasions, Cooper having to save 3 1 on 1s in the first half alone, think he may have got hooked at half time, remember him also scoring an own goal at home to Villa on first game of season one season, hooked at half time then again and not seen again all season, 2 votes for same player is that acceptable?!?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024