Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings 07:01 - May 15 with 6018 viewsdyersdream

Nick Powell from stoke city will be one of our 1st signings
New signings on 07:04 - May 15 with 4572 viewsOldboy

Saw his name on the list and instantly thought I would love him here. There is at least a whole first X1 on there that we could realistically go for. Exciting times ahead.
New signings on 07:06 - May 15 with 4548 viewsCoastalblue

I wouldn't be averse to that, a player I've always liked and a good age.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

New signings on 07:07 - May 15 with 4535 viewsitfctilidie

Just won player of the year at Stoke can't see him coming here - would love it though
New signings on 07:27 - May 15 with 4404 viewsBlueBadger

Hmmmmm. New poster, suggesting that a highly rated player from a division up will be joining us, a mid-table third division side.

This is clearly, 100% legit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

New signings on 09:08 - May 15 with 3936 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New signings on 07:27 - May 15 by BlueBadger

Hmmmmm. New poster, suggesting that a highly rated player from a division up will be joining us, a mid-table third division side.

44 News comment votes though.

Someone's left the door open again.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New signings on 09:10 - May 15 with 3889 viewsKieran_Knows

I know he’s had a good season with Stoke, but I did wonder if he’d be a target for Cook. Was integral to how they played at Wigan in that no.10 role and with Stoke looking to reduce their wage bill and us having a bit of cash to spend, I wonder if a deal is there to be done?

Presume wages might be an issue, but I don’t think it would be unreasonable to say we’ll certainly be enquiring about him at least.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 9:11]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

New signings on 09:11 - May 15 with 3877 viewschicoazul

Jewell tried to sign him from Crewe but weirdly he decided to go to Manchester United instead. True story.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New signings on 09:15 - May 15 with 3839 viewsBeckets

Previous drink driving conviction ✔️
Login to get fewer ads

New signings on 09:17 - May 15 with 3811 viewschicoazul

New signings on 09:15 - May 15 by Beckets

Previous drink driving conviction ✔️

From the north west? Tick.
History of dubious personal behaviour? Tick.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

New signings on 09:21 - May 15 with 3750 viewsMullet

New signings on 09:17 - May 15 by chicoazul

From the north west? Tick.
History of dubious personal behaviour? Tick.

Also had injury problems and questions over attitude (fairly or unfairly etc) if we are going down that route.

However, if we signed him it would be massive assuming he is motivated. Seems more than unlikely but we have no idea what sort of pulling power the post-Evans era will bring.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New signings on 09:23 - May 15 with 3728 viewsMrTown

He has probably been the stand out player for Stoke this year. Contracted until 2022, will be on wages out of our reach. Has already been linked with bigger clubs than ourselves.

Can’t see this one.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

New signings on 09:28 - May 15 with 3674 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New signings on 09:23 - May 15 by MrTown

He has probably been the stand out player for Stoke this year. Contracted until 2022, will be on wages out of our reach. Has already been linked with bigger clubs than ourselves.

Can’t see this one.

2022? I'm not sure he's come here, but I was sure I saw his name on a released list.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New signings on 09:32 - May 15 with 3647 viewsstrikalite

I'm not convinced we should be bringing in players who will be taking a step down rather than the step up, I question the hunger, the only exception being a keeper and a centre half..

Find me the new Nick Powell, there's a challenge..
New signings on 09:35 - May 15 with 3599 viewsGuthrum

New signings on 09:32 - May 15 by strikalite

I'm not convinced we should be bringing in players who will be taking a step down rather than the step up, I question the hunger, the only exception being a keeper and a centre half..

Depends whether we want proven ability or to take a punt on an unrealised prospect - the latter of which hasn't always worked for us in the recent past.

Plus dropping a level to join an ambitious, upwardly mobile club and fight for promotion is not really lacking in 'hunger'.

N.B. That's not the same as wanting to collect a bunch of old lags in search of a last payday.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 9:36]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New signings on 09:36 - May 15 with 3591 viewstractorboy1978

Powell is only 27, in his prime and far too good for this level. If we managed to land him it would be some statement.
New signings on 09:44 - May 15 with 3505 viewsstrikalite

New signings on 09:35 - May 15 by Guthrum

Depends whether we want proven ability or to take a punt on an unrealised prospect - the latter of which hasn't always worked for us in the recent past.

Plus dropping a level to join an ambitious, upwardly mobile club and fight for promotion is not really lacking in 'hunger'.

N.B. That's not the same as wanting to collect a bunch of old lags in search of a last payday.

I suppose he's bang in form and a good age with plenty of experience, you certainly need a few of those for sure, I think when it comes to experienced pro's in the past coming here for their last payday they tended to be on a free, for a reason....
New signings on 09:56 - May 15 with 3389 viewsPinewoodblue

New signings on 09:35 - May 15 by Guthrum

With a suitable financial reward for promotion in the contract.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

New signings on 09:59 - May 15 with 3351 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

His record in the Champ is too good to see him dropping down I would think.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New signings on 10:01 - May 15 with 3332 viewsPlums

We should be looking for the pieces that fit into the jigsaw Cook is building rather than focussing on a demographic profile first.
That’s how Evans chose his managers and it really didn’t work out well.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

New signings on 10:01 - May 15 with 3326 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New signings on 09:36 - May 15 by tractorboy1978

Powell is only 27, in his prime and far too good for this level. If we managed to land him it would be some statement.

At 27 he will be looking for that last 'big' contract.

Suspect that will be in the Champ.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New signings on 10:10 - May 15 with 3257 viewsITFC_Josh

New signings on 09:23 - May 15 by MrTown

Can’t see this one.

Not sure where 2022 is coming from? He’s out of contract this summer.
New signings on 10:36 - May 15 with 3109 viewschicoazul

Remember when Paul Hurst thought the same thing?

New signings on 11:43 - May 15 with 2827 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You are correct that we need players who are going to perform rather than ones who have performed in the past. (I think that is why we have gone with the younger and improving Nsiala over Wilson.)

However, we also need some experience and players who can still perform in the Championship clearly ought to be able to perform in League 1. Ought being the operative word. Another piece of the puzzle is getting players who will work together and motivating them well. Oh, and keeping them fit.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

New signings on 12:10 - May 15 with 2631 viewsPositivelyPortman

New signings on 07:27 - May 15 by BlueBadger

The ‘poster police’ are out and about folks.
Don’t post anything of interest or controversial, unless you’ve got a licence to do so.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

New signings on 12:10 - May 15 with 2622 viewsMrTown

New signings on 10:10 - May 15 by ITFC_Josh

Not sure where 2022 is coming from? He’s out of contract this summer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-n

End of next season.

“ Nick has a year to go and he obviously has had a very strong season. Those are the types of player you want to keep at the club.” - they said they will look at his contract this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 12:14]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024