Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We seem so tactically naive at times 17:02 - Aug 28 with 2644 viewsclive_baker

How has a player like Carroll sat on the bench for 96 minutes when we were increasingly failing to take control of the game in the middle? Just seemed such an obvious change with 20 minutes to go.

Can’t get my head around it really.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:04 - Aug 28 with 2170 viewsportmanking

Because Cook desperately wants his midfield two to work. But it's just not going to. Harper too wasteful at times, you can definitely see why West Brom were happy not to persevere.
We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:05 - Aug 28 with 2119 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's going to start to look harder to see where a win is going to come from soon. With the greatest respect to the teams we have faced, we shouldn't have made such a pigs ear of things so far.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:05 - Aug 28 with 2105 viewsVic

Whilst I’ve not agreed with everything Cook as done and the way he’s done it, I have been happy to let him built this new team. But with each game you do have to start to wonder don’t you. I’m really not sure this is about gelling any longer.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:06 - Aug 28 with 2093 viewsphillev231069

Cook is tactically poor, hence his need for a decent assistant, which wont happen as he will never admit it.
We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:06 - Aug 28 with 2081 viewsDarkHorse

Agree, seemed the obvious one. Was really surprised he didn't come on after we scored our second or they scored their first.
We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:06 - Aug 28 with 2055 viewsHerbivore

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:05 - Aug 28 by gainsboroughblue

It's going to start to look harder to see where a win is going to come from soon. With the greatest respect to the teams we have faced, we shouldn't have made such a pigs ear of things so far.

Three points from the start we've had, ten goals conceded in five games. There's no sugar coating it, this has been a piss poor start.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 1953 viewsBlueBadger

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:05 - Aug 28 by Vic

Whilst I’ve not agreed with everything Cook as done and the way he’s done it, I have been happy to let him built this new team. But with each game you do have to start to wonder don’t you. I’m really not sure this is about gelling any longer.

As I said a week or so back, the longer this appalling run of his goes on, the more it looks like it wasn't the players who were the problem at the back end of last season.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 28 with 1919 viewsclive_baker

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:06 - Aug 28 by DarkHorse

Agree, seemed the obvious one. Was really surprised he didn't come on after we scored our second or they scored their first.

Yep, agreed. I thought at 2-0 we were looking ok, they then get a freekick that I thought was soft, I don’t think the ref was going to give it until the assistant starts flagging. Thereafter though it just seemed crying out for Carroll to get on and out his foot on it.

Really odd. Not impressed with Cook tactically to be honest, I don’t think he’s got his changes right thus far.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 28 with 1914 viewsChurchman

I agree. It’s not happening is it. There comes a time when reality has to be faced. Auto promotion is already gone. Against the teams we’ve played, 3 points is relegation form.

Our next fixtures are a lot tougher and I cannot see where a win is coming from. We have conceded two goals a game against ordinary teams in five straight league games. That’s not luck, it’s awful and purely reflects a bad defence and a bad team.

You won’t win many games doing that. I’ve always said give Cook a chance to the end of October. If there is no improvement in the next couple of games, the owners may have to act.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:18]
We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:20 - Aug 28 with 1878 viewsHerbivore

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

Yep, agreed. I thought at 2-0 we were looking ok, they then get a freekick that I thought was soft, I don’t think the ref was going to give it until the assistant starts flagging. Thereafter though it just seemed crying out for Carroll to get on and out his foot on it.

Really odd. Not impressed with Cook tactically to be honest, I don’t think he’s got his changes right thus far.

Pompey and Wigan fans said that his Plan B is to try doing Plan A better. We're seeing that so far, he doesn't really seem to be able to change a game or respond to what's happening on the pitch. He also doesn't seem to be able to coach a team how to fooking defend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:46 - Aug 28 with 1767 viewsSarge

Aluko/Donacien for Burns/KVY was an absolute car crash decision. What the hell was that about?
We seem so tactically naive at times on 16:18 - Aug 29 with 1599 viewsitfcjoe

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

He has no input from his coaching team, I don’t know how it worked before with Richardson but they don’t offer him anything in game.

Saw some tweets from a fan at Burton saying that Jon Ashton was doing the setup with the defenders pre game whilst the other coaches were just knocking a ball about between them.

He needs some help, or he’s going to fail - I know McGreal doesn’t want to be an assistant but we should be moving heaven and earth to try and get him in for the short term at least

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 16:27 - Aug 29 with 1562 viewsArnieM

OP: didn’t Paul Cook say in his post match interview that he wasn’t able to make the substitutions he’d wanted too, due to players having to come off due to not yet being up toe the fitness levels he wanted? I assume he meant Burns ( cramp), and then Donacian later in the game? But I agree Carroll should have been on possibly from the start . I’m personally not that inspired by Evans as yet.

But as we keep,saying it’s very early days as yet. Whilst promotion always has to be the goal….in truth it’s probably quite unlikely this season given the level of changes at the Club. Whilst we’d all hope for promotion, It’s unrealistic to “ expect” it IMO.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We seem so tactically naive at times on 16:30 - Aug 29 with 1547 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:46 - Aug 28 by Sarge

Aluko/Donacien for Burns/KVY was an absolute car crash decision. What the hell was that about?

Burns slight knock
KVY?
But definitely needed better than aluko ( from what I have seen so far)
I felt we gave them that side - we weren’t attacking with pace after the subs!
[Redacted] on 16:53 - Aug 29 with 1516 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:09 - Aug 29 with 1475 viewsKieran_Knows

We seem so tactically naive at times on 16:18 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

He has no input from his coaching team, I don’t know how it worked before with Richardson but they don’t offer him anything in game.

Saw some tweets from a fan at Burton saying that Jon Ashton was doing the setup with the defenders pre game whilst the other coaches were just knocking a ball about between them.

He needs some help, or he’s going to fail - I know McGreal doesn’t want to be an assistant but we should be moving heaven and earth to try and get him in for the short term at least

From what I’ve heard, Craney and Jeffers are really good coaches. Put some great sessions on and the players love it. Roberts seems the one who’s caught in the headlights with it all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:10 - Aug 29 with 1473 viewsKieran_Knows

Probably explains why we’re pushing for Morsy, who will walk in as captain as well.

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:11 - Aug 29 with 1468 viewswkj

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:10 - Aug 29 by Kieran_Knows

Probably explains why we’re pushing for Morsy, who will walk in as captain as well.

Perma signing, or possibly the controversial Loan captain

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:12 - Aug 29 with 1462 viewsitfcjoe

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:09 - Aug 29 by Kieran_Knows

From what I’ve heard, Craney and Jeffers are really good coaches. Put some great sessions on and the players love it. Roberts seems the one who’s caught in the headlights with it all.

Are they supporting him in game though? Because I’m not seeing any of that - and that appears to be missing - he needs someone to help him

No surprise that the two who have done their badges previously are capable of running better sessions than the one who hasn’t.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 1445 viewschrismakin

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:09 - Aug 29 by Kieran_Knows

Roberts has spent some time with Dyer recently.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts drop to u23s and another coming in

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 29 with 1439 viewsKieran_Knows

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:12 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

Are they supporting him in game though? Because I’m not seeing any of that - and that appears to be missing - he needs someone to help him

No surprise that the two who have done their badges previously are capable of running better sessions than the one who hasn’t.

Can’t say I pay too much attention to the bench, so couldn’t possibly comment, but totally get where people are getting at if that’s the case.

The keeper coach is the one sat up in the stands relaying messages to the bench as well.

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:19 - Aug 29 with 1423 viewsKieran_Knows

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:13 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Roberts has spent some time with Dyer recently.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts drop to u23s and another coming in

Think if Richardson had come in, Roberts was earmarked for an analysis kind of role.

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 1385 viewsSteve_M

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:19 - Aug 29 by Kieran_Knows

Think if Richardson had come in, Roberts was earmarked for an analysis kind of role.

That, um, doesn’t quite seem a natural for him either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We seem so tactically naive at times on 19:25 - Aug 29 with 1256 viewsKeaneish

We seem so tactically naive at times on 17:17 - Aug 28 by Churchman

I agree. It’s not happening is it. There comes a time when reality has to be faced. Auto promotion is already gone. Against the teams we’ve played, 3 points is relegation form.

Our next fixtures are a lot tougher and I cannot see where a win is coming from. We have conceded two goals a game against ordinary teams in five straight league games. That’s not luck, it’s awful and purely reflects a bad defence and a bad team.

You won’t win many games doing that. I’ve always said give Cook a chance to the end of October. If there is no improvement in the next couple of games, the owners may have to act.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 17:18]

“Auto Promotion is already gone”…

Come on…there’s flounces then there’s this! Hull lost 11 games and drew 8 on their way to winning the title last season!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We seem so tactically naive at times on 19:49 - Aug 29 with 1201 viewschrismakin

We seem so tactically naive at times on 19:25 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

“Auto Promotion is already gone”…

Come on…there’s flounces then there’s this! Hull lost 11 games and drew 8 on their way to winning the title last season!

"I’ve always said give Cook a chance to the end of October. If there is no improvement in the next couple of games, the owners may have to act."

So he gives him until Mid September then lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024