Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again 10:39 - Oct 24 with 1833 viewsGeoffSentence

James Cartlidge MP for South Suffolk also voted to allow the discharge of sewage into our rivers as well. I don't know how the other local MPs voted but I would be surprised if any of them voted against HMG.

Cartlidge is particularly disappinting since the majorattraction of South Suffolk is Constable Country, which is all about The River Stour.

I probably won't be going wild swiing around Fen Bridge again.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:39]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 10:41 - Oct 24 with 1456 viewsbluelagos

No one is wild swimming under Fen bridge as it's been shut for close to 2 years now. They've even put up barriers to stop people going under it in a boat/canoe/paddle board.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 10:45 - Oct 24 with 1432 viewsGeoffSentence

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 10:41 - Oct 24 by bluelagos

No one is wild swimming under Fen bridge as it's been shut for close to 2 years now. They've even put up barriers to stop people going under it in a boat/canoe/paddle board.

It was 2019 when I last swam there. Thos restrictions must be bwggering up the boat and board hire businesses at Flatford.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 10:56 - Oct 24 with 1384 viewsbluelagos

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 10:45 - Oct 24 by GeoffSentence

It was 2019 when I last swam there. Thos restrictions must be bwggering up the boat and board hire businesses at Flatford.

Basically you can't get from Flatford to Dedham by river (Or have to pick your boat and carry it along the river shore for that bit)

Supposed to be replacing the bridge this coming summer but seems ridiculous how long it's taking.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:09 - Oct 24 with 1348 viewsRyorry

And other Tory MPs all over the country, incl Julian Smith (Skipton & Ripon) who is supposed to represent us - and whose constituency incorporates both Nidderdale AONB and the Yorkshire Dales National Park - fgs
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:10]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:18 - Oct 24 with 1320 viewstractordownsouth

No doubt St Ives MP Derek Thomas will have voted the same way, despite representing a constituency which is bordered by coastline on 3 of its 4 sides.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:21 - Oct 24 with 1319 viewsEastTownBlue

Be careful how you question them:

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:22 - Oct 24 with 1304 viewsMullet

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:18 - Oct 24 by tractordownsouth

No doubt St Ives MP Derek Thomas will have voted the same way, despite representing a constituency which is bordered by coastline on 3 of its 4 sides.

These aren’t constituency MPs though are they? They’re the regional placeholders for central party policy. Satraps for the modern era at a push.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:24 - Oct 24 with 1299 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘They won’t lower environment standards’ they said. Just another example of how awful this government is and how unbelievably naive their supporters have been.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:25 - Oct 24 with 1294 viewstractordownsouth

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:22 - Oct 24 by Mullet

These aren’t constituency MPs though are they? They’re the regional placeholders for central party policy. Satraps for the modern era at a push.

The one thing ours has in his favour is that he's actually from the area so not a parachute like Hunt or Hancock in Suffolk, but beyond that he's just as bad as the rest of them. To my knowledge the only time he's rebelled in 6 years was against May's Withdrawal Agreement and that was only because it wasn't Brexity enough for him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:25 - Oct 24 with 1294 viewsDarth_Koont

On a side note, I love a bit of Rutherford and Fry. Listened to a couple of their Curious Cases podcasts just yesterday about water and its unique qualities (spoiler alert: it’s all about the hydrogen bonds, baby!).

Is he a Town fan by any chance?

Pronouns: He/Him

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 1275 viewseireblue

Finally, taken back control. I bet those namby pamby Europeans and their clean water directives are feeling stupid now!
Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:37 - Oct 24 with 1232 viewsDanTheMan

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:21 - Oct 24 by EastTownBlue

Imagine using the death of a colleague in this way.

Although I guess they're using his death to push through that Online Harm Bill through, despite it not really having anything to do with his death as far as I can see.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:51 - Oct 24 with 1184 viewsRyorry

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:21 - Oct 24 by EastTownBlue

One guy reported that after he tweeted his MP David Jones (Clwyd West) protesting about the way he'd voted, Jones blocked him (I didn't see the tweet so don't know how it was worded tho).

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:58 - Oct 24 with 1149 viewsHerbivore

They really are utterly shameful. In the quote tweet you can see his initial reply to her where he also accuses her of "spreading hatred". Unbelievable.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 12:17 - Oct 24 with 1108 viewsRyorry

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:58 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

They really are utterly shameful. In the quote tweet you can see his initial reply to her where he also accuses her of "spreading hatred". Unbelievable.

Thankfully Deborah Meaden (and thus her near half-million followers also) was on hand to challenge him, as a result of which Davies got reported multiple times for targeted harrassment -

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 12:19 - Oct 24 with 1100 viewsWeWereZombies

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 11:25 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

On a side note, I love a bit of Rutherford and Fry. Listened to a couple of their Curious Cases podcasts just yesterday about water and its unique qualities (spoiler alert: it’s all about the hydrogen bonds, baby!).

Is he a Town fan by any chance?

Dunno if you were being tongue in cheek but Adam Rutherford is a well known Town supporter

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/one-of-the-zany-men-in-white-7473932

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 12:27 - Oct 24 with 1080 viewsNthQldITFC

Bastards.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 12:19 - Oct 24 by WeWereZombies

Dunno if you were being tongue in cheek but Adam Rutherford is a well known Town supporter

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/one-of-the-zany-men-in-white-7473932

No, it was a serious question.

Interesting article but where was the ITFC link?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 1024 viewsmonytowbray

Tom ‘cites AntiSemite conspiracy theories in the HoP’ Hunt getting schooled here too this week.

BERT ER LEK ERTERN MERT.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:27 - Oct 24 with 973 viewsPhilTWTD

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:05 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

No, it was a serious question.

Interesting article but where was the ITFC link?

He is a Town fan, I knew Adam years ago.
Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:50 - Oct 24 with 916 viewsMullet

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:27 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Also, his books are excellent for anyone wanting something decent to read that's able to explain science to a dumbkopf like me and still be relevant to current events.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 14:35 - Oct 24 with 850 viewsDarth_Koont

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 13:27 - Oct 24 by PhilTWTD

Nice! Cheers to you and Zombers for confirming that.

Maybe we can get him to come and do something about the Magnus effect using Lee Evans freekicks?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 14:57 - Oct 24 with 814 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good grief, that's shameful. She asks a perfectly reasonable question. In his defence, he is a climate change denying utter tw*t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 15:48 - Oct 24 with 759 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Local MPs showing contempt for the environment again on 17:19 - Oct 24 with 670 viewsbrogansnose

See also BSE MP Jo Churchill who , as an under secretary for the environment, voted to allow river companies to discharge sewage into rivers which in her case is the river Lark.

They are shameless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024