Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs 09:58 - May 26 with 1921 viewsFarmerpiles

According to The Sun this morning. 18yr old striker , played in a few televised Cup games last season, if memory serves me right.
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:00 - May 26 with 1892 viewsKieran_Knows

Signed a new deal this week with Spurs as well.

McKenna using his contacts to get some good loan players in then!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:02 - May 26 with 1873 viewsITFC_Josh

He’s exactly the profile of striker McKenna has been talking about. Preston and a few other champ clubs heavily interested in him so hopefully Mckenna’s links with Spurs will come in useful with a few of these types of players.
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:05 - May 26 with 1822 viewsChurchman

With a great name like that, who cares if he’s any good.

I suspect he’ll be Gone with the Wind……
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:06 - May 26 with 1817 viewsSomethingBlue

Wouldn't be a surprise, and if we take loanees from Spurs/United etc they will inevitably have to be first-time loans. Seen Scarlett two or three times up close when he's had first-team minutes and tbh he hasn't looked ready, although that's to be expected, he is/was very young. But they do think the world of him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:09 - May 26 with 1780 viewsKeno

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:05 - May 26 by Churchman

With a great name like that, who cares if he’s any good.

I suspect he’ll be Gone with the Wind……

I imagine he will go elsewhere, but he think of us, turning to give us a wave a cheery 'Ta' ra"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:12 - May 26 with 1758 viewsJackSted

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:00 - May 26 by Kieran_Knows

Signed a new deal this week with Spurs as well.

McKenna using his contacts to get some good loan players in then!

Remember when everyone was hyped about Louie Barry
[Post edited 26 May 2022 10:12]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:12 - May 26 with 1745 viewsKieran_Knows

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:12 - May 26 by JackSted

Yes, and he's a good player. Just happened to be the wrong move for us, and him at the time.

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:15 - May 26 with 1712 viewsGlasgowBlue

I hope we don't go into the red to sign him.

Could he replace Sam Morsy as Captain?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:23 - May 26 with 1659 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:15 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

I hope we don't go into the red to sign him.

Could he replace Sam Morsy as Captain?

I was l going to say a Cpt Scarlett based chant would need to be readied for him.

Cann we sign the Misterons too?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:25 - May 26 with 1647 viewsclive_baker

Ignore that, terribly inaccurate punning.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 10:26]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:28 - May 26 with 1590 viewschicoazul

Which Scarlett?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:35 - May 26 with 1536 viewsKeno

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:25 - May 26 by clive_baker

Ignore that, terribly inaccurate punning.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 10:26]

In fairness that doesnt stop most of its, quiet frankly we dont give a damm

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:36 - May 26 with 1529 viewsArnieM

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:06 - May 26 by SomethingBlue

Wouldn't be a surprise, and if we take loanees from Spurs/United etc they will inevitably have to be first-time loans. Seen Scarlett two or three times up close when he's had first-team minutes and tbh he hasn't looked ready, although that's to be expected, he is/was very young. But they do think the world of him.

Thing is I don’t think using big clubs kids in our senior side will get us promoted . They are going out on loan to get experience … great , give our own kids experience but get in seasoned players who have the experience, ( which I’m sure in the main we will )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:06 - May 26 with 1327 viewsRegencyBlue

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:12 - May 26 by JackSted

Fair point but Barry was brought into the mess which was Cooks tenure.

This would be different, assuming there is anything to it of course!
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:07 - May 26 with 1323 viewsitfcsuth

Preston looking at him as well.
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:32 - May 26 with 1169 viewsUppaTowen78

Phil - Anything in this do you think? On our huge list of potential strikers I imagine!
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:37 - May 26 with 1123 viewsmarkchips

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:07 - May 26 by itfcsuth

Preston looking at him as well.

We need to go up this year so not sure a promising youngster hits the spot unless as a back up to a big signing ?

Slightly underwhelmed by the names being bandied around at the moment. Can understand the O'Dowda call for Left wing back and probably Bakinson for the midfield but really struggling on strikers that will be consistent enough to score the number of goals needed to get us up. Jackson is fine for certain games but he will be the only one left if the rumours about Pigott are true.
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:46 - May 26 with 1033 viewsNthQldITFC

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:09 - May 26 by Keno

I imagine he will go elsewhere, but he think of us, turning to give us a wave a cheery 'Ta' ra"

Where there's a Will there's a way.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:50 - May 26 with 996 viewsjayessess

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 10:06 - May 26 by SomethingBlue

I wonder if we're in a position to take first-time loans. They're a bit of a wild stab in the dark. Maybe you get Morgan Rogers, Ethan Laird or Callum Doyle, but you're just as likely to get Troy Parrott, Louie Barry or Luke Matheson.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:52 - May 26 with 983 viewsKieran_Knows

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:50 - May 26 by jayessess

I wonder if we're in a position to take first-time loans. They're a bit of a wild stab in the dark. Maybe you get Morgan Rogers, Ethan Laird or Callum Doyle, but you're just as likely to get Troy Parrott, Louie Barry or Luke Matheson.

We tried for Morgan Rogers at the end of the January transfer window.

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:54 - May 26 with 975 viewsPhilTWTD

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:32 - May 26 by UppaTowen78

Phil - Anything in this do you think? On our huge list of potential strikers I imagine!

No, am told not. Probably a bit too young and inexperienced.

No Blues Interest in Scarlett or Tucker 26th May 2022 11:52
TWTD understands there is no truth in reported Town interest in Tottenham youngster Dane Scarlett or Gillingham defender Jack Tucker. 15

This post has been edited by an administrator
Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:55 - May 26 with 950 viewsitfcjoe

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:50 - May 26 by jayessess

He's obviously highly talented, but he didn't score a goal for Spurs U23s this season and seemed to struggle to break into that team let alone the first team.

You couldn't hang your hat on him in any way, you need players who are playing years up or have impressed at PL2 level if going for a first loan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:57 - May 26 with 920 viewsjayessess

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:52 - May 26 by Kieran_Knows

We tried for Morgan Rogers at the end of the January transfer window.

I meant as an example of a first loan that went really well (to Lincoln, January 2021, when he was 18).

I think for an 18-year-old to thrive on a first loan to a big L1 team they've got to be exceptionally good. Scarlett might be, but surely too risky to be our main number 9, even if we can get him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 13:45 - May 26 with 761 viewsitfcsuth

Town tracking Dane Scarlett of Spurs on 11:37 - May 26 by markchips

We need to go up this year so not sure a promising youngster hits the spot unless as a back up to a big signing ?

Slightly underwhelmed by the names being bandied around at the moment. Can understand the O'Dowda call for Left wing back and probably Bakinson for the midfield but really struggling on strikers that will be consistent enough to score the number of goals needed to get us up. Jackson is fine for certain games but he will be the only one left if the rumours about Pigott are true.

Not someone I would go for, resting your hat on 18 year old striker who has limited first team football and is very much still in their early development phase of mens football - it's a big big ask to become our 20 goal a season striker which we desperately need.

I haven't been too impressed with many links yet, including O'Dowda. I can see why he was linked with the Bristol / MA connection - but by all accounts has been very poor in recent times, and most Bristol fans happy to see him released.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024