Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans must be laughing his socks off 19:56 - Feb 19 with 5870 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Our obsession with Mick means we are letting Evans off the hook again, we turned our attention to Evans at the end of last season, but now we are back on Mick.

Yes, Mick's relationship with the fans is a problem, but Evans is causing a bigger problem.

Fans are fickle, if Evans really wants the relationship with the fans to improve he'll give Mick the budget to really have a go at promotion, but we know he won't and theres nothing at all to suggest he would give a new man that kind of budget either.

And before anyone says, "He puts in £6m a year", yes he does, but we all know thats never going to be enough. to get us out of this stagnation.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:04 - Feb 19 with 5288 viewsJimmy86

Really agree with this. Hit the nail on the head.

6 million a year is just what's required to keep the club afloat and that seemingly is all he is interested in. He's hoping we stumble across a freak season, where we get promoted on a pittance of a budget and even Huddersfield, who didn't spend an awful lot, still spent modest fees and used the loan market well.

Evans is a big problem and Mick had only kept his mouth shut then the majority of the fans would vent at Evans and not Mick. He's poured fuel on the fire, instead of attempt to put it out
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:07 - Feb 19 with 5274 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well said.

Evans is and always has been the biggest problem.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:15 - Feb 19 with 5257 viewsITFC_Forever

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:07 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Well said.

Evans is and always has been the biggest problem.

How was he a problem before he took over?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:16 - Feb 19 with 5259 viewsWD19

As you say, "He puts in £6m a year" of his own money into a football club and all he gets in return is grief with little/no means of escape. He must be absolutely "laughing his socks off"......
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 5247 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:15 - Feb 19 by ITFC_Forever

How was he a problem before he took over?

You know what I mean

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:36 - Feb 19 with 5211 viewsFtnfwest

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:16 - Feb 19 by WD19

As you say, "He puts in £6m a year" of his own money into a football club and all he gets in return is grief with little/no means of escape. He must be absolutely "laughing his socks off"......

For starters a quarter of that is just to cover micks wages
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:34 - Feb 19 with 5156 viewsFreddies_Ears

So, Evans goes. Who will put that "pitiful" 6m in?
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:54 - Feb 19 with 5126 viewsFtnfwest

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:34 - Feb 19 by Freddies_Ears

Or give mick another £2m to get a striker and he bids for donkey hugill with it (thankfully without success)
Login to get fewer ads

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 5122 viewsSomethingBlue

The nonsense Mick is taking has reached levels that I genuinely find hard to believe. And this is from someone who thinks he needs to go. People find it much easier to attack what they can see, I think, and Mick is a lightning rod.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 5115 viewsEly_Blue

Maybe the fans will p155 Evans off enough that he’ll stop putting even the £6m he does to keep us afloat, then where will we be?

As with wanting rid of the manager be careful what you wish for!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:04 - Feb 19 with 5082 viewsjpring89

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:58 - Feb 19 by Ely_Blue

Maybe the fans will p155 Evans off enough that he’ll stop putting even the £6m he does to keep us afloat, then where will we be?

Top banter

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:06 - Feb 19 with 5071 viewsMattinLondon

The trouble is there is no transparency within the club. I understand that the club can't go out and say that MM has ten million to spend as the price of every target will increase.

However, Milne has always said that Mick has money to spend - no one knows just how much money that is. Maybke Phil has a better idea.

Maybe Mick likes the idea of being portrayed as a manager working on a pittance - less pressure on him from Evans to achieve better results.

Evans spends millions to keep the club afloat as well as investing millions into the academy.

I think that if people want a target to blame then it must be a combination of both Mick and Evans.

The style is down yo Mick and Mick alone. I doubt if Evans orders Mick to play defensive long ball football. And I don't buy into the idea that the club can only afford limited skilled players who relay on work ethic. If Sunday League o,Sayers can keep the ball on the deck then professional second tier players can as well.

So in my mind at least both Mick and Evans are both caulpable for the 'product' on display.
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:08 - Feb 19 with 5058 viewsEly_Blue

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:04 - Feb 19 by jpring89

Top banter

Thanks for your insightful debating

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:22 - Feb 19 with 5022 viewstractorboy1978

Back in administration, probably in L1 and the value of his investment will be absolutely diminished. He can’t win, if he could turn back time he’d never have bought us I am sure.
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:25 - Feb 19 with 5015 viewswitchdoctor

“be careful what you wish for”

yeah yeah yeah.....yawn..🙄
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:56 - Feb 19 with 4970 viewsFootballpete

Evans took over the club at a time when his level of investment gave us an edge over most in the division. Whilst we had that advantage he made a terrible managerial appointment followed by another. When we finally got a decent manager in that financial clout had diminished and the playing field has now shifted. That's the reality. Protesting won't change that reality.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 23:00 - Feb 19 with 4954 viewsVic

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:04 - Feb 19 by Jimmy86

Really agree with this. Hit the nail on the head.

6 million a year is just what's required to keep the club afloat and that seemingly is all he is interested in. He's hoping we stumble across a freak season, where we get promoted on a pittance of a budget and even Huddersfield, who didn't spend an awful lot, still spent modest fees and used the loan market well.

Evans is a big problem and Mick had only kept his mouth shut then the majority of the fans would vent at Evans and not Mick. He's poured fuel on the fire, instead of attempt to put it out

I’m not defending him and really wish he’d spend more, but neither do I th8nk he’s hoping for a freak season. I think he can see the youngsters coming through and is hoping that they, together with signings like Huws, Waghorn, Webster, etc who have all improvs the squad will get us there or there about in a season or two.

If the youngsters don’t make the grade then we really have no immediate grounds for hope!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 05:20 - Feb 20 with 4876 viewsbraveblue

Quite right. And most of Evans intra group losses are down to his own disastetous appointments both of managers and MDs. Clegg managed to negotiate fees up as he had no idea what he was doing. But he was there to help the Evans group gain access to the Olympics. Don’t forget how Evans has used the club and why was the training ground sold to another group company?
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 07:37 - Feb 20 with 4783 viewsblueconscience

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 20:16 - Feb 19 by WD19

That was his choice to buy a football club, and all clubs have running costs. Therefore no sympathy from me.

The way people talk about the 6 million a year, you would think no other football club owner has to do the same, are we the only football club paying wages etc?

If he can no longer afford to run a football club, he should look to sell. He is doing no one any favours keeping it running along on empty.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 8:51]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 08:06 - Feb 20 with 4749 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:34 - Feb 19 by Freddies_Ears

This notion that many on this board seem to have that Evans sits there on a Sunday night wringing his hands thinking, "£6million for Ipswich or the heating.....£6million for Ipswich or the heating", is absurd.

How is Evans any different to any other owner in the Championship or lower in having to bankroll a loss leading business especially without Parachute payments?

This idea that we should be paying homage to him for 'allowing' our club to stay in business is clouding the judgement of quite a few here imho.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 8:55]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 4641 viewsWestSussexBlue

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 22:06 - Feb 19 by MattinLondon

The trouble is there is no transparency within the club. I understand that the club can't go out and say that MM has ten million to spend as the price of every target will increase.

However, Milne has always said that Mick has money to spend - no one knows just how much money that is. Maybke Phil has a better idea.

Maybe Mick likes the idea of being portrayed as a manager working on a pittance - less pressure on him from Evans to achieve better results.

Evans spends millions to keep the club afloat as well as investing millions into the academy.

I think that if people want a target to blame then it must be a combination of both Mick and Evans.

The style is down yo Mick and Mick alone. I doubt if Evans orders Mick to play defensive long ball football. And I don't buy into the idea that the club can only afford limited skilled players who relay on work ethic. If Sunday League o,Sayers can keep the ball on the deck then professional second tier players can as well.

So in my mind at least both Mick and Evans are both caulpable for the 'product' on display.

Absolutely spot on.
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 11:27 - Feb 20 with 4634 viewsBOjK

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 08:06 - Feb 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

This notion that many on this board seem to have that Evans sits there on a Sunday night wringing his hands thinking, "£6million for Ipswich or the heating.....£6million for Ipswich or the heating", is absurd.

How is Evans any different to any other owner in the Championship or lower in having to bankroll a loss leading business especially without Parachute payments?

This idea that we should be paying homage to him for 'allowing' our club to stay in business is clouding the judgement of quite a few here imho.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 8:55]

You didn't answer his question.

Instead you erected a straw-man.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 11:38 - Feb 20 with 4617 viewspablosturn

Evans isn't the one who has insanely negative tactics, reverts to sitting deep when we are on top and holding out for a draw

Evans isn't the one with favourites and holds grudges against certain players, evans isn't the one with no idea how to change a game plan when things are going pear shaped. A lot of our issues are down to MM's inadequacies and reluctance to change.

Yes Evans isn't perfect but I would sooner see that dinosaur out of our club and someone install some fresh ideas, attacking mind-set and confidence to our squad than bang on about Evans all day.
Evans must be laughing his socks off on 11:51 - Feb 20 with 4597 viewsitfcjoe

The real problem with ITFC is there is no one to blame - we are just what we are.

Evans - puts in £6m a year to keep us relatively competitive, that's not enough bar a freak season but without it we'd be screwed, academy shut down etc. and I can't imagine there are a Q of potential suitors

McCarthy - Achieving more than he should given the resources, recruiting well and adding value to play offs - unlucky with injuries and style of football not the best

Fans - Been pretty patient through 16 years on 2nd tier football, numbers have held up ok and generally back the team

Players - A good bunch of lads, lack a bit of quality but they work their nuts off and play for the shirt with pride

No area is doing a bad job, but ultimately it's not enough and the easiest of the 4 to change is the manager - doesn't mean that's the right thing to do but will happen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 11:52 - Feb 20 with 4597 viewsitfcjoe

Evans must be laughing his socks off on 21:54 - Feb 19 by Ftnfwest

Or give mick another £2m to get a striker and he bids for donkey hugill with it (thankfully without success)

A player who has just been sold for £10m, wouldn't have been a bad deal that one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024