Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge v Dozzell question 19:09 - Feb 7 with 4592 viewsCaptMickMills

If Dozzell had played instead of Judge in all the consecutive games recently would Dozzell have produced more end product than Judge??

My issue with Judge is how many assists, goals or key passes leading to goals has he had playing regularly in his favoured No 10 position. I tend to think if Dozzell had had the same opportunity he would have had more impact.

Dozzell has been coming back from long term I jury and been in and mainly out of team and not given a run of games.

Just a thought
Judge v Dozzell question on 19:24 - Feb 7 with 3899 viewsPecker

Judge has rarely played as a number 10. Must play if fit.
Judge v Dozzell question on 19:26 - Feb 7 with 3888 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:24 - Feb 7 by Pecker

Judge has rarely played as a number 10. Must play if fit.

He's played plenty as a number 10 and done feck all. He's done, his legs have gone, he's shot, he's a shadow of his former self. He needs dropping.

Edit - although comparing Judge and Dozzer is a bit off, as they play significantly different roles.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 19:27]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:27 - Feb 7 with 3883 viewsIllinoisblue

Judge has been a huge disappointment.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 3858 viewsitfcjoe

Hard to argue he wouldn’t have done, it’s not his usual role but can’t imagine he’d have done any worse

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:38 - Feb 7 with 3842 viewschicoazul

They're totally different players. The only players I can think of who could or do play in that role Judge plays are maybe Keane and Dobra, but I havent seen much of Dobra.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:43 - Feb 7 with 3824 viewsPecker

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:26 - Feb 7 by Herbivore

He's played plenty as a number 10 and done feck all. He's done, his legs have gone, he's shot, he's a shadow of his former self. He needs dropping.

Edit - although comparing Judge and Dozzer is a bit off, as they play significantly different roles.

That is very harsh. Judge hasn't played many as a proper 10. Sears and Norwood with Judge tucked in behind is our best bet. Not tomorrow though. 4-5-1 should be the formation with Norwood up top.
Judge v Dozzell question on 20:22 - Feb 7 with 3772 viewsBlueBadger

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:26 - Feb 7 by Herbivore

Judge is Lambert's Jonathan Douglas - an ostensibly 'classy' player with a highly respectable career behind him and diminishing returns in front of him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:37 - Feb 7 with 3734 viewsRegencyBlue

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:22 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Judge is Lambert's Jonathan Douglas - an ostensibly 'classy' player with a highly respectable career behind him and diminishing returns in front of him.

I agree that Judge has been a massive disappointment this season but no way is he worse than Douglas!
Login to get fewer ads

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:48 - Feb 7 with 3710 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:37 - Feb 7 by RegencyBlue

I agree that Judge has been a massive disappointment this season but no way is he worse than Douglas!

He's scored fewer goals than Douglas and at a lower level. Just take that in for a moment.

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:50 - Feb 7 with 3705 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:43 - Feb 7 by Pecker

That is very harsh. Judge hasn't played many as a proper 10. Sears and Norwood with Judge tucked in behind is our best bet. Not tomorrow though. 4-5-1 should be the formation with Norwood up top.

It's not at all harsh. He's been toss. He's been here over a year now and has played plenty of games in his favoured role and he's contributed nowhere near enough.

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:58 - Feb 7 with 3682 viewstextbackup

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:35 - Feb 7 by itfcjoe

Hard to argue he wouldn’t have done, it’s not his usual role but can’t imagine he’d have done any worse

the bloke that drives the golf buggy across playford road with the cones and balls in for training wouldn't have done any worse than judge tbf

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Judge v Dozzell question on 21:20 - Feb 7 with 3628 viewsStokieBlue

Judge v Dozzell question on 19:43 - Feb 7 by Pecker

Not sure you've been watching lately as Judge has most definitely been played as a proper 10 and has been on the whole pretty ineffective.

I don't think Judge should play for us again - he's not the future and even if he is better than younger players he's not so much better than it's worth persisting with him.

Why have you dropped Jackson, our best forward this season, for Sears who hasn't looked on the pace since coming back? I'd love to hear your reasoning.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 21:20]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Judge v Dozzell question on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 3343 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Judge v Dozzell question on 09:41 - Feb 8 with 3318 viewsr2d2

They are both totally different players. One thing they have in common though, is they are both cr@p.
Judge v Dozzell question on 10:04 - Feb 8 with 3278 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Judge hasn’t done enough.

HOWEVER, I think Dozzell is massively overrated on here. He’s far too lightweight and seems to be one of those players that gets better in people’s heads when he doesn’t play when in reality, he offers one of two nice passes a game but does nothing for the rest of the match.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Judge v Dozzell question on 10:10 - Feb 8 with 3253 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 10:04 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

HOWEVER, I think Dozzell is massively overrated on here. He’s far too lightweight and seems to be one of those players that gets better in people’s heads when he doesn’t play when in reality, he offers one of two nice passes a game but does nothing for the rest of the match.

True, but then Judge has started the majority of games this season despite offering nothing whilst Dozzell has had to make do with the odd game here and there.

Judge v Dozzell question on 10:14 - Feb 8 with 3243 viewsCoastalblue

Judge v Dozzell question on 10:04 - Feb 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Is Dozzell the next Owen Garvan?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Judge v Dozzell question on 11:09 - Feb 8 with 3192 viewspatrickswell

Judge v Dozzell question on 20:22 - Feb 7 by BlueBadger

Between the efforts of Douglas, Judge and Toumani Diagouraga, we really need to stop signing guys who played for Brentford in 2014-15. You watch, one day we’ll be linked with James Tarkowskiin some way and he’ll end up like Mark Fish.
Judge v Dozzell question on 11:16 - Feb 8 with 3174 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure Dozzel Minor is strictly comparable to the ineffective Judge. A more pertinent comparison might be the flak Town would have got for selling Judge had they done the sane thing and bitten QPR's hand off and booked the taxi..... and the flak they are getting for keeping this inffectual and presumably quite expensive player who doesnt even want to be here.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Judge v Dozzell question on 11:39 - Feb 8 with 3138 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 11:16 - Feb 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Not sure Dozzel Minor is strictly comparable to the ineffective Judge. A more pertinent comparison might be the flak Town would have got for selling Judge had they done the sane thing and bitten QPR's hand off and booked the taxi..... and the flak they are getting for keeping this inffectual and presumably quite expensive player who doesnt even want to be here.

I was quite happy to see him go in fairness. Getting a few hundred thousand for him in the summer would have been good business.

Judge v Dozzell question on 12:15 - Feb 8 with 3069 viewsPecker

Judge v Dozzell question on 21:20 - Feb 7 by StokieBlue

Not sure you've been watching lately as Judge has most definitely been played as a proper 10 and has been on the whole pretty ineffective.

I don't think Judge should play for us again - he's not the future and even if he is better than younger players he's not so much better than it's worth persisting with him.

Why have you dropped Jackson, our best forward this season, for Sears who hasn't looked on the pace since coming back? I'd love to hear your reasoning.

SB
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 21:20]

Blimey, some real Judge haters on here. I do not think he has been played as a proper 10 much this season. Always expected to fill in holes left by others. I just think that we are a better side with him in the 10 than not. Only my opinion folks, no need to go ballistic over it. I would also add that I do not think Dozzell jnr. is anything special to get excited about.
Judge v Dozzell question on 12:37 - Feb 8 with 3039 viewsHerbivore

Judge v Dozzell question on 12:15 - Feb 8 by Pecker

Blimey, some real Judge haters on here. I do not think he has been played as a proper 10 much this season. Always expected to fill in holes left by others. I just think that we are a better side with him in the 10 than not. Only my opinion folks, no need to go ballistic over it. I would also add that I do not think Dozzell jnr. is anything special to get excited about.

He's played as a number 10 consistently for the last 10 or so games and on other occasions earlier in the season. I don't agree we're better with him in the team, I'm struggling to think of much positive that he offers. He's meant to have quality on the ball but he doesn't really show that. He can't beat a man. His set pieces are poor. He offers minimal goal threat. What is it that he does that you think improves us?

Judge v Dozzell question on 12:45 - Feb 8 with 3025 viewsJ2BLUE

I didn't think he deserved a place in the team earlier in the season because we were doing well and I didn't think it was worth risking our promotion push just to get him in the team. It's an entirely different conversation now. We need something to spark us back into life. He is clearly a talented player so we could do a lot worse than throw him in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Judge v Dozzell question on 12:48 - Feb 8 with 3015 viewsBackToRussia

Judge v Dozzell question on 12:15 - Feb 8 by Pecker

When was the last time Judge was actually in form? About 5 years ago for Brentford. He's coming to the end of the career, he is a known quantity, and it's not got us playing well enough. Playing Dozzell now could both us improve us now, and improve him exponentially for the future. It's a no brainer.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Judge v Dozzell question on 13:01 - Feb 8 with 2986 viewsreusersfreekicks

Judge v Dozzell question on 10:10 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

True, but then Judge has started the majority of games this season despite offering nothing whilst Dozzell has had to make do with the odd game here and there.

Your antipathy for Judge reminds me of GB and Ed Miliband
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024