Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, in effect, a lockdown under another name 17:08 - Mar 16 with 11205 viewshomer_123

Look forward to chatting more online guys.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:10 - Mar 16 with 3557 viewsmonytowbray

Four days ago we were told just to wash our hands.

Winging it.

I'll give Johnson his dues for doing a U-turn on their mental plan, but without public pressure and the rest of the world showing them up they wouldn't have.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:11 - Mar 16 with 3547 viewsgiant_stow

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:10 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Winging it.

I'll give Johnson his dues for doing a U-turn on their mental plan, but without public pressure and the rest of the world showing them up they wouldn't have.

But the schools stay open

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:15 - Mar 16 with 3504 viewsmonytowbray

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:11 - Mar 16 by giant_stow

I stand corrected.

I like the way they're making out things have suddenly changed. These measures should have happened Friday. The time they've lost over the weekend with all the events that went ahead still worries me.

TWTD never forgets…

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 3438 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Leftie teachers innit....not to mention those annoying eco kids.
Boris said they have to keep schools open because...." well for all sorts of reasons."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:22 - Mar 16 with 3447 viewscatch74

Great - don’t go to pubs - he hasn’t told pub to close, what do we do!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:25 - Mar 16 with 3384 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:22 - Mar 16 by catch74

Panic buy booze obviously!

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:31 - Mar 16 with 3391 viewscatch74

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:25 - Mar 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Panic buy booze obviously!

My pub is only insured if closure is enforced, ta Boris.

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:34 - Mar 16 with 3362 viewsgordon

Just recommendations and advice, some of it quite vague.
Login to get fewer ads

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:36 - Mar 16 with 3341 viewsuefacup81

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:34 - Mar 16 by gordon

Just recommendations and advice, some of it quite vague.

All carefully calculated in order to avoid enforced-anything and the subsequent insurance payouts.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:38 - Mar 16 with 3296 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:31 - Mar 16 by catch74

My pub is only insured if closure is enforced, ta Boris.

Sorry didn't know you had a pub (where is it)...the insurance point probably explains the strategy!

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:39 - Mar 16 with 3321 viewscatch74

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:38 - Mar 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sorry didn't know you had a pub (where is it)...the insurance point probably explains the strategy!

I’m in Surrey.

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:52 - Mar 16 with 3287 viewshomer_123

Not for long Ulla. Witty has now stated this will likely happen.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:52 - Mar 16 with 3288 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So are pubs and restaurants shutting like in LA and NYC? Or just advising not to go in them?
So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:54 - Mar 16 with 3277 viewsNthQldITFC

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:52 - Mar 16 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So are pubs and restaurants shutting like in LA and NYC? Or just advising not to go in them?

I never go to those ones, the taxi fares home are extortionate.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:54 - Mar 16 with 3281 viewsSpruceMoose

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:52 - Mar 16 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

They aren't shutting exactly in NYC. They are allowed to remain open, for now, but only allowed to offer a takeaway or delivery service. That's once going to severely impact their business though.

I might go grab a few cans to take out from my local watering hole later on. Must be a worrying time for many a small business owner.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:56 - Mar 16 with 3255 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:10 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Winging it.

Bit unfair to say they're "winging it." It's a new disease and they're reacting to how the situation changes. I'd have thought this approach was sensible if Labour had been doing it the same way.

Whilst putting in these measures earlier may have saved more lives, the hit to the economy would've been greater and the knock on effect might've been worse in the long run. Problem is, we just don't know.

Watching Boris and his chief sciences guys live just now, I think they're handling things as best as can be expected.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:57 - Mar 16 with 3210 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:39 - Mar 16 by catch74

I’m in Surrey.

Oh that one I voted for as the best pub in the world ever....good luck to you!

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:59 - Mar 16 with 3225 viewsmonytowbray

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:56 - Mar 16 by BrixtonBlue

Bit unfair to say they're "winging it." It's a new disease and they're reacting to how the situation changes. I'd have thought this approach was sensible if Labour had been doing it the same way.

Whilst putting in these measures earlier may have saved more lives, the hit to the economy would've been greater and the knock on effect might've been worse in the long run. Problem is, we just don't know.

Watching Boris and his chief sciences guys live just now, I think they're handling things as best as can be expected.

As of today they are. Perhaps they realised the NHS isn't a magical being that can summon resources from thin air.

TWTD never forgets…

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:03 - Mar 16 with 3192 viewshampstead_blue

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:52 - Mar 16 by homer_123

Not for long Ulla. Witty has now stated this will likely happen.

Had a letter from youngest's Primary. All events cancelled, anything which involves parents coming into school, cancelled.

Only a matter of time. Which is odd as the little blighters have probably nailed everyone on the school run anyhow!

They are off out to Beavers now heading around town visiting cafes and restaurants!
I know. Bonkers. They should have changed the program but missed the chance.

We are having meetings when the boss walks his dog. Good chance for a long, slow ,steady run. That is cool.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:08 - Mar 16 with 3161 viewsmanchego

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:56 - Mar 16 by BrixtonBlue

When the advice is changing every few days on the back of the latest numbers, that's the definition of winging it.
So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 3153 viewsHerbivore

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:22 - Mar 16 by catch74

I'll probs still go to the pub. It'll be nice and quiet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:12 - Mar 16 with 3135 viewsSarge

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:39 - Mar 16 by catch74

I’m in Surrey.

Ooh me too, whereabouts?
So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:15 - Mar 16 with 3114 viewsEly_Blue

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:08 - Mar 16 by manchego

When the advice is changing every few days on the back of the latest numbers, that's the definition of winging it.

No it’s a definition of dealing with the problem as the circumstances change which they are doing on a daily basis

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:20 - Mar 16 with 3093 viewsportmanking

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 17:59 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

As of today they are. Perhaps they realised the NHS isn't a magical being that can summon resources from thin air.

You really are a numpty.

Can't you just accept that this is completely unchartered territory rather than bring your blinkered party politics into each and every thread?
So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:20 - Mar 16 with 3092 viewsRadlett_blue

So, in effect, a lockdown under another name on 18:15 - Mar 16 by Ely_Blue

No it’s a definition of dealing with the problem as the circumstances change which they are doing on a daily basis

As Keynes said, when the facts change, I revise my opinion.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024