Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool 02:25 - Dec 4 with 2406 viewsIllinoisblue

Edwards on fire, Chambo’s volley, all seemed right with the world. How the fk did we end up here?

Injuries.
Disrespecting the FA Cup yet again
More injuries
Shambles at Doncaster
Robbed at Sunderland
More injuries

A win at Plymouth is vital. Will help everyone calm the fk down.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 02:33 - Dec 4 with 2108 viewsdominiciawful

I don't think it will.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Not without apologies and changes (n/t) on 02:36 - Dec 4 with 2100 viewsScottCandage

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 02:33 - Dec 4 by dominiciawful

I don't think it will.

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 02:40 - Dec 4 with 2094 viewsMrTown

Think it will take more than a win at Plymouth to simmer things down.

You beat Plymouth, Portsmouth, Burton & Peterborough in a row it would go little way.

You and me both know that won’t be happening.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 04:14 - Dec 4 with 2041 viewsSpruceMoose

Personally I couldn't give a flying fook if we win on Saturday now The club need to make an apology to Phil. Even then, this won't be forgotten.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

We are ALL owed an apology... on 04:17 - Dec 4 with 2042 viewsScottCandage

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 04:14 - Dec 4 by SpruceMoose

Personally I couldn't give a flying fook if we win on Saturday now The club need to make an apology to Phil. Even then, this won't be forgotten.

But yeah, Phil is first in that line.
Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 07:22 - Dec 4 with 1874 viewslazyblue

At last a reasonably sensible post.

I am not a PL but for Christ sake look how injuries have messed us up in last few weeks and and disrupted the flow of the early season form.
Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:17 - Dec 4 with 1788 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 07:22 - Dec 4 by lazyblue

I am not a PL but for Christ sake look how injuries have messed us up in last few weeks and and disrupted the flow of the early season form.

Here we go again...you mention "weeks" in your post BUT this whole scenario has been happening months / season and a half / since PL's been here

This isn't a "just in the last few weeks" thing

Performances have only been poor in the last few weeks have they ? If so apart from Blackpool when are the others you can refer me to ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:27 - Dec 4 with 1745 viewsPlums

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 07:22 - Dec 4 by lazyblue

Yes, a lot of injuries - again.
Yes, we had better results earlier in the season but, like last season once a couple of players are out, we fall apart. Our winning run ended last year when KVY got injured. This season it’s because Bish and Edwards got hurt.
The evidence is clear, we are only any good because some of our players are better on the day than our competitors. To win the league we need THE SUM of our players to be better but PL hasn’t coached a system or style of play that does that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:29 - Dec 4 with 1734 viewsStokieBlue

Really?

Go look at the stats, we hardly ever manage to create any chances on goal. The xG is just horrible.

It's not about injuries, the team simply isn't setup by PL to create enough chances.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:54 - Dec 4 with 1665 viewsSteve_M

I think for this season alone that narrative is reasonable and it's obviously the one Lambert has been excusing himself to Evans with. We were unfortunate at Lincoln, Sunderland and against Portsmouth despite very slow starts in all of those games. And for all the talk of being fortunate against Gillingham and Crewe we totally dominated the first-half of the former and the latter only had two good chances for all their possession.

The last four matches though have been flat, the cohesion and energy of the early season has disappeared. In isolation that's not enough to change a manager but after last season I think it probably is.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:08 - Dec 4 with 1618 viewsCoastalblue

This has a feel, much like Mick's last days of being pushed over the tipping point, only bigger with a bigger gap between supporters and Club this time.

I'll admit I tend to be a bit of a sit on my hands type supporter rather than demonstrative most of the time, and I'll do what I guess many others like me will do now, which is nothing, don't go, don't watch, don't buy anything.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Results have always masked the underlying..... on 09:27 - Dec 4 with 1562 viewsBloots

....issues on the pitch.

We had 4 shots on target against Blackpool and won 1-4.

We had 4 shots on target against Doncaster and lost 4-1.

Nothing really changed other than the result.

I know Evans is getting it from the fans right now (quite rightly), but the issues on the pitch remain the same as they were last season.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:28 - Dec 4 with 1548 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm not really sure what will calm things down at this point, nor how it ends. These feel like uncharted waters, it's not good.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Indeed this..... on 09:31 - Dec 4 with 1536 viewsBloots

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:29 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

Really?

Go look at the stats, we hardly ever manage to create any chances on goal. The xG is just horrible.

It's not about injuries, the team simply isn't setup by PL to create enough chances.

SB

....you wouldn't win a football match with the best 11 players in the world if you don't kick the ball towards the oppositions goal.

I wrote that sarcastically, but the more I think about it then it actually is our problem.

"Kick it towards their goal!!!"

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:50 - Dec 4 with 1473 viewsBent_double

Injuries, injuries, injuries.

Yes, we have loads of injuries, more than any other club in this league it would seem. Why is that, it can't just be bad luck or because we happen to sign injury prone players surely?

Then you have teams like Charlton who rock up to PR a week ago without any recognised centre-backs....and we barely laid a finger on them during the game.

Oh well, what's the point, it truly is 'Us v Them' now, but they have complete control of the club, so I guess we should just sit quietly and wait for Them to get it right.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:52 - Dec 4 with 1472 viewsunstableblue

A useful perspective Illinois thanks for posting.

As I posted yesterday there is some merit in the notion we have shown some improvement this term and fans seem to have def-con 3 on Lambert with no reference to this or the injuries.

Sunderland away had some fantastic play from town and we were genuinely robbed by the ref. And that was fairly recently. A lot of losses in the cup, but we’ve played a C/B side. Plus dozzell, edwards and Bishop have been our most influential players have been out.

But I personally think Lambert has not conducted himself well, and our effectiveness in the final third remains a glaring gap in his coaching,

BUT I can just cannot stomach that ‘careful what you wish for’ part of Marcus’ statement and his lack of accountability for terrible managerial appointments.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 09:56 - Dec 4 with 1460 viewsBloots

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:52 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

As I posted yesterday there is some merit in the notion we have shown some improvement this term and fans seem to have def-con 3 on Lambert with no reference to this or the injuries.

Sunderland away had some fantastic play from town and we were genuinely robbed by the ref. And that was fairly recently. A lot of losses in the cup, but we’ve played a C/B side. Plus dozzell, edwards and Bishop have been our most influential players have been out.

But I personally think Lambert has not conducted himself well, and our effectiveness in the final third remains a glaring gap in his coaching,

BUT I can just cannot stomach that ‘careful what you wish for’ part of Marcus’ statement and his lack of accountability for terrible managerial appointments.

....6 attempts on goal in total.

Certainly not "fantastic play".

We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 1393 viewsDanTheMan

We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 09:56 - Dec 4 by Bloots

Yeah but did you see the passes between the centre backs? #worldclass

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 1369 viewsEireannach_gorm

Genie is out of the bottle.
Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 1372 viewsjayessess

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 09:52 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

I'm not sure why we should all act like Lambert was appointed in September 2020. You don't get to fail for 2 years and then point to "some improvement" (in patches) as vindication.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 10:43 - Dec 4 with 1362 viewsTractorJack

The only fantastic play against Sunderland was when Bish realised he was better off playing on his own.
We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 10:45 - Dec 4 with 1358 viewsAce_High1

We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 09:56 - Dec 4 by Bloots

Some people have been ground down by the football over the last decade, that a few passes strung together now amounts to "great play".

Oh for the days she we would dominate and rip teams apart.
We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 11:13 - Dec 4 with 1313 viewsSteve_M

We had 2 shots on target against Sunderland...... on 10:34 - Dec 4 by DanTheMan

Yeah but did you see the passes between the centre backs? #worldclass

#Technical.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 11:55 - Dec 4 with 1249 viewsNthQldITFC

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 08:27 - Dec 4 by Plums

Yes, a lot of injuries - again.
Yes, we had better results earlier in the season but, like last season once a couple of players are out, we fall apart. Our winning run ended last year when KVY got injured. This season it’s because Bish and Edwards got hurt.
The evidence is clear, we are only any good because some of our players are better on the day than our competitors. To win the league we need THE SUM of our players to be better but PL hasn’t coached a system or style of play that does that.

Yup, you're not a good side in whatever division you're in until you can regularly dominate the opposition, maintain meaningful pressure with a goal threat throughout a decent portion of most games, and inspire fear in the opposition as a team, or really as a squad. Winning games through 'brilliant' individual performances will always be hit and miss and dependent upon those individuals staying fit, thus the need for a well-coached squad of players all enthusiastic and capable of fitting into the systems.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just a little over six weeks since we thrashed Blackpool on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 830 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but all that passing between the centre backs is very technical.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024