Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Butcher and Dyer? 07:12 - Jan 12 with 4936 viewsharlingblue

Two Ipswich Town ex players, probably hurting as us Supporters, both International performers, perhaps they should be at the helm?
Butcher and Dyer? on 08:35 - Jan 12 with 3287 viewsFixed_It

I'm surprised this hasn't ever been mentioned before.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:35 - Jan 12 with 3293 viewsKeaneish

Butcher hasn’t got a great managerial record - see him more as a number 2. Is Dyer a leader? Like the idea of the combination though and Butcher has been hurting since Lincoln away in the cup! Having said that, our defence hadn’t improved much since he’s been coaching.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:41 - Jan 12 with 3270 viewschrismakin

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:35 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

Butcher hasn’t got a great managerial record - see him more as a number 2. Is Dyer a leader? Like the idea of the combination though and Butcher has been hurting since Lincoln away in the cup! Having said that, our defence hadn’t improved much since he’s been coaching.

tbf to Butch he probably would just like his defence to defend rather than pssing about with the ball in our own half for 90 minutes

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:42 - Jan 12 with 3266 viewsrickw

Yep when Lambert goes whenever that'll be, give them the job on an interim basis and see how they do. It's how Solskjaer got the MU job and looks like Rooney is now getting the Derby job the same way

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:44 - Jan 12 with 3261 viewsMetal_Hacker

As much as my rose tinted glasses appreciate the sentiment I'm not sure about this one

I haven't' the answer either in terms of who it should be but I don't think those two are the answer

I believe Dyer would be a manager of the future listening to him and others talk about him but I don't think this job , this season would be right

Poll: If it were one or the other

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:00 - Jan 12 with 3208 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:44 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

As much as my rose tinted glasses appreciate the sentiment I'm not sure about this one

I haven't' the answer either in terms of who it should be but I don't think those two are the answer

I believe Dyer would be a manager of the future listening to him and others talk about him but I don't think this job , this season would be right

When would be right? He's always likely to start somewhere where a club's been failing and just got shot of an inept previous incumbent. Now, with the feel good factor those two would bring, seems the perfect time to me!

Having said that, I quite like the sound of the Cowleys. They have a lot more experience too.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:01 - Jan 12 with 3192 viewshype313

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:00 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

When would be right? He's always likely to start somewhere where a club's been failing and just got shot of an inept previous incumbent. Now, with the feel good factor those two would bring, seems the perfect time to me!

Having said that, I quite like the sound of the Cowleys. They have a lot more experience too.

I'd take the Cowley's in a heartbeat, get us into the PL within two years, they can then go to Arsenal and then Dyer can take us forward to Champions League domination.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:06 - Jan 12 with 3157 viewsFixed_It

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:00 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Agreed on both points. If it isn't going to be Dyer, I am increasingly thinking the Cowleys would be a good fit.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:13 - Jan 12 with 3123 viewsJackSted

People seem to forget what an appalling job Butcher did in League 2 with Newport

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:16 - Jan 12 with 3113 viewsitfcjoe

I would love to see it, I really think it could be a masterstroke.

Cowley's probably my first choice, but not many I can think of I'd take ahead of Dyer if we don't get the Cowley's

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:24 - Jan 12 with 3092 viewsKeno

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:13 - Jan 12 by JackSted

People seem to forget what an appalling job Butcher did in League 2 with Newport

off set that with what he did an Cally Thistle

They would be my first choice

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:30 - Jan 12 with 3059 viewsMonkeyAlan

Not the answer. Butcher is too old and Dyer just has no experience. Take the rose tinted glasses off lads and lasses.
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 3050 viewsGuthrum

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:13 - Jan 12 by JackSted

Altho at that time Newport were struggling. Yes, they'd finished 9th in L2 the season before, but in 2015-16 and the following two seasons, they barely escaped relegation. Working with little resources, Butcher's reign was partly cut short by an ownership change, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 3048 viewsMrTown

Would be a gamble, but wouldn't be adverse.

Nobody knows how they would get on (no experience), but would be a project I think all Town fans would support.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 9:33]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:35 - Jan 12 with 3040 viewsGuthrum

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:30 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

Not the answer. Butcher is too old and Dyer just has no experience. Take the rose tinted glasses off lads and lasses.

Butcher is only 62. That's not even retirement age in a normal job.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:35 - Jan 12 with 3039 viewsKieran_Knows

Get them in, get it done and let's try get this sh*t show of a season up and running.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:39 - Jan 12 with 3023 viewsPinewoodblue

Butcher and Dyer? on 08:35 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

Not sure Lambert allows him anywhere near thr first team.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 3013 viewsRegencyBlue

Butchers record in management isn’t great and Dyer is unproven.

This isn’t a time for sentiment. If anyone is going to rescue this s*** show, and I seriously doubt anyone can, they need some experience and nouse.
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:43 - Jan 12 with 3007 viewsMonkeyAlan

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:35 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

His record isn't great. He had a couple of decent seasons in Scotland, but apart from that nothing. Keep him as a defensive coach in the background. But really not the answer out front. As for Dyer no experience. All very romantic but never going to be anymore than that.
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:46 - Jan 12 with 2988 viewsOsborneOneNil

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:16 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

I would love to see it, I really think it could be a masterstroke.

Cowley's probably my first choice, but not many I can think of I'd take ahead of Dyer if we don't get the Cowley's

Paul Cook or the Cowley brothers.

Please.
Butcher and Dyer? on 09:51 - Jan 12 with 2964 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:30 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

Butcher is younger than Roy Hodgsen (by 11 years!), Marcelo Bielsa and Sam Allardyce, and around the same age as Carlo Ancelotti and Steve Bruce - all of whom are currently managing in the Premier League. He's also only 4 years older than Mourinho and Moyes. And everyone's talking about him being the number 2, anyway.

Magilton had no experience and he did better than most of the dross we've had since.

You argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:53 - Jan 12 with 2956 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:35 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

In fact he only turned 62 a couple of weeks ago.

Butcher and Dyer? on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 2928 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Butcher and Dyer? on 09:43 - Jan 12 by MonkeyAlan

His record isn't great. He had a couple of decent seasons in Scotland, but apart from that nothing. Keep him as a defensive coach in the background. But really not the answer out front. As for Dyer no experience. All very romantic but never going to be anymore than that.

No-one's suggesting Butcher as the main man. Your argument was he's too old - now that's been disproved you've moved onto something else.

Butcher and Dyer? on 10:08 - Jan 12 with 2899 viewstetchris

Nope only if Lambert goes and they is caretaker roles for one maybe two games until new man comes in. Dyer no experience and Butcher’s record as a manager poor
Butcher and Dyer? on 10:08 - Jan 12 with 2897 viewsBlueForYou

"Butchers record in management isn’t great and Dyer is unproven".

The current position holder hasnt got a great record either & could be said he is unproven!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024