Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More quotes from Lambert - more explosive 22:49 - Feb 16 with 4862 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/lambert-on-northampton-draw-7380258?qs

Q: You say the players gave you everything and you say it's not just on you, so is this decline down to the owner then?

A: No, no, you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Q: No, I'm giving you the opportunity to clarify those earlier comments...

A: No, you're trying to put words in my mouth.

What's happened to this club, over I don't know how many years gone by, all the frustration... The club should never be the way it is.

There has been something drastically wrong going right through it and it's not good enough.

That's the bottom line.

If somebody puts X amount into a football club, as Marcus has done, then nobody can point the finger at that. Marcus has put an incredible amount of money in.

Q: So what is it then?

A: It's everything. For me, it's everything. I'm not sure. The structure... everything. It's not right, 100 per cent, the structure.

Q: So who are you angry with?

A: Everything. Everything. Absolutely everything. You know, the manager takes the whole thing on his neck and on his shoulders. I'm not going to be that lamb to the slaughter when there are things around here that I know shouldn't be the way they are.

I'm loathed to criticise anybody, but collectively this is not right.

Forty years ago... Terry Butcher, unbelievable, Johnny Wark, unbelievable, Paul Mariner... unbelievable guys, top guys.They must be looking at it and thinking 'what the hell's happened here?!' They must be.

Q: They are Paul.

A: Aye! Its horrendous, absolutely. That guy there (points at Sir Bobby Robson's name above one stand) and that guy there (points at Sir Alf Ramsey's name above the other stand)... It's criminal.

Q: Who else can you be directing your anger and frustration at though if it's not the owner? There';s only one person who runs the club.

A: Everything. He's in charge, aye, but he's put in an unbelievable amount of money. I don't think you can have one blame culture. I think it's everything.

Q: How do you put that right?

A: My opinion is that everybody needs to get around the table. And they strip it back somewhere. They have to. Because it's not moving. There are things I've done behind the scenes to try and get them going and give some advice on it. Whether it comes, nobody knows, but I definitely think they need to get around the table and stop this feeling that's around here.

Q: Clearly something has to change. And your frustration is that everything is being directed at you?

A: That's it. But that's always the case. I think there's definitely got to be a sit down at this football club and see where it's going.

Q: Will you ask the owner for that discussion?

A: We've spoke. He knows my thoughts on the situation. He's not a silly guy. I get on well with the guy, no problem, but you've got to put friendship aside at certain times in football. At the minute, this cannot go on.

Q: I hear what you are saying about bigger issues Paul, but even with all the frustrations about structure have you not got the tools at your disposal to be doing better than this? Do you feel you are getting the best out of what you've got?

A: Yeah. I can't ask for anymore effort. As a manager that's all you can ask of people. Whether the quality is there, nobody knows. There are a lot of young guys there that only know this club. They are having a hard time at the minute along with the other guys,. What they do give you is unbelievable effort. They give you absolutely everything. I;m not going to criticise them.

Q: But it's four wins in 14... It's 23 points from 20, which is prolonged bottom half form...

A: Absolutely, it's not good enough.

Q: People will say that, regardless of the structure, regardless of investment, regardless of all those things, it still should be better than this for Ipswich Town in League One...

A: Aye. It's not good enough. Absolutely. It's not good enough. A hundred per cent. I can't argue with that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:50 - Feb 16 with 3194 viewsNthQldITFC

Just seen that. No employer can keep on a senior employee who talks like that about the organisation, and about his thoughts on his own role in it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 3102 viewsTieDyedIn95

The first time I have agreed with everything he's said. He does everything but blame the owner personally, but blames the owner, hoping to get the sack.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 3046 viewsBluefish

Incredible stuff

He is a poison

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:53 - Feb 16 with 3021 viewsDubtractor

Literally no taking of responsibility at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2962 viewsJDB23

Not a single ounce of responsibility taken there, shameless. Other than that he's not wrong, but it won't change anything. How many wake up calls does ME need before its obvious that he will never become what this club needs, regardless of how much cash he dumps in.
More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2956 viewsSomethingBlue

I mean he's not exactly wrong on a lot of it but that needs to be the last ITFC interview he gives.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2948 viewsJ2BLUE

I've never known anyone to contradict themselves multiple times in a single answer as often as Lambert.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2904 viewstractordownsouth

He's toast

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2909 viewsDanTheMan

I like the idea that because Evans funds the club, he is shielded from any and all criticism.

Weirdly though, imagine he's right on a load of this, whilst taking no responsibility for the part he's in charge of.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:56]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:55 - Feb 16 with 2884 viewsTieDyedIn95

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 by SomethingBlue

I mean he's not exactly wrong on a lot of it but that needs to be the last ITFC interview he gives.

He's hoping Evans things the same. Payoff Paul.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:56 - Feb 16 with 2821 viewsjayessess

"It's not my fault, but I'm not saying whose fault it is exactly. I am a very honest and brave man with great integrity."

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:56 - Feb 16 with 2815 viewsitfcjoe

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:54 - Feb 16 by SomethingBlue

How can a senior employee get away with that, basically saying the club is screwed but it's not his fault, where does he feel he has been let dwon specifically?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:57 - Feb 16 with 2742 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He is looking for someone or something to blame. Cannot accept it is himself. Refuses to accept it is Evans. He clearly cannot put his finger in what it is ... because he will not accept it is him. Good questioning and persistence in them there, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 with 2671 viewsMrTown

Not really sure what he is getting at though.

Keeps saying everything is wrong, without saying anything to be specific is wrong.

Strip it back it’s irrelevant, he’s been here 3 years, we still look like a team that has been coached for less than 3 weeks by him. Players are going significantly backwards in their development under him - Lankester, Woolfenden and possibly Downes primed examples of that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 with 2633 viewshomer_123

Why is any of that explosive Joe. Nothing there that is wrong. Lambert is right...the Club isn't right throughout.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 with 2633 viewsreusersfreekicks

I just read that as diversion and self preservation. He has a first team squad who are massively underperforming and his teams don't look organised or drilled
That is down to him and his team
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:59]
More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 with 2628 viewsNthsuffolkblue

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:56 - Feb 16 by itfcjoe

How can a senior employee get away with that, basically saying the club is screwed but it's not his fault, where does he feel he has been let dwon specifically?

He needs to sit down round a table with Marcus and discuss it!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:59 - Feb 16 with 2571 viewsvapour_trail

Extraordinary. Definitely not his fault.

I’m betting he’s still here at the weekend.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:59 - Feb 16 with 2567 viewsBluefish

I think he was let down with the biggest squad in the league that he was allowed to add to without selling. He was let down with the biggest pay packet in the league. He was let down by signing the most expensive players in our history for wages. He was let down with the longest contract in our history.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:00 - Feb 16 with 2571 viewsSomethingBlue

We can all agree that the structure of the club would hamper anyone's efforts to turn it round but the bottom line is that after an interview like that you'd be staggered to see him still in the job 24 hours from now. Seems like a massive face-saving exercise.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:00 - Feb 16 with 2517 viewshomer_123

Because he is right. Evans has been at the helm well before Lambert. Yes Lambert has been shocking for us but he is not wrong to point out the issues that we all know exist.

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:01 - Feb 16 with 2451 viewshomer_123

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:50 - Feb 16 by NthQldITFC

Just seen that. No employer can keep on a senior employee who talks like that about the organisation, and about his thoughts on his own role in it.

Indeed. But Lambert isn't wrong in his assessment of the Club.

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:02 - Feb 16 with 2439 viewsGarv

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:57 - Feb 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

He is looking for someone or something to blame. Cannot accept it is himself. Refuses to accept it is Evans. He clearly cannot put his finger in what it is ... because he will not accept it is him. Good questioning and persistence in them there, though.

It's clearly Evans, and it's clear that's what he's getting at.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:02 - Feb 16 with 2442 viewsjayessess

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 by homer_123

Why is any of that explosive Joe. Nothing there that is wrong. Lambert is right...the Club isn't right throughout.

He's been here more than 2 years, is the most senior football professional in the club and at no point has he done anything about it. More than 2 years and ne'er a peep about any of it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 23:02 - Feb 16 with 2395 viewshomer_123

More quotes from Lambert - more explosive on 22:58 - Feb 16 by reusersfreekicks

I just read that as diversion and self preservation. He has a first team squad who are massively underperforming and his teams don't look organised or drilled
That is down to him and his team
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:59]

Is anyone questioning his utter incompetence as a manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024