Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for a badge change? 15:47 - Apr 16 with 4435 viewsJackSted

Could be a good opportunity for the new owners to revert our badge to the old gold and blue. I never really liked it when it was changed to red

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:49 - Apr 16 with 2773 viewsJ2BLUE

No.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:50 - Apr 16 with 2766 viewsWallingford_Boy

The current one on the shirts just looks sooooo much nicer than the chunkier red design.

RIP Sir Bobby

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:52 - Apr 16 with 2759 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Plenty did like the change, but I do prefer the gold badge.
However, seeing as we can never agree on anything, this is asking for more trouble.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 2719 viewsCoco

Yes. Someone on twitter did a good one.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:55 - Apr 16 with 2711 viewsIllinoisblue

Nope

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it time for a badge change? on 15:56 - Apr 16 with 2711 viewsCheshire_Tractor

It's certainly time to change the shorts back to the right colour.
I prefer the red one to the yellow. on 16:01 - Apr 16 with 2680 viewsMenton

It’s one of the few things at the club that doesn’t need improving, in my view.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:08 - Apr 16 with 2630 viewsKropotkin123

I think just the Suffolk Punch would look nicer. A bit more minimalist and modern.

Maybe guest a few too. Get the LBGT one on there for a year. Thought that was a cracking design, and would show a real supportive community stance

Feel the current one is a bit stale, although I liked it when it first came out.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 2632 viewsCoco

but not to this

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 2608 viewsitfcjoe

Probably is overdue, it's a badge from a terrible design period - neither a classic, nor mordern....

Just the Suffolk Punch with a ball in a circle would look better now - we don't need the turrets, or the river, or the name spelled out etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 2589 viewsKropotkin123

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:10 - Apr 16 by Coco

but not to this

Yeah, it is a no to that one. That loses the feel. Doesn't look like a SP as it is far too dainty.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:33 - Apr 16 with 2507 viewsJackSted

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:14 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Probably is overdue, it's a badge from a terrible design period - neither a classic, nor mordern....

Just the Suffolk Punch with a ball in a circle would look better now - we don't need the turrets, or the river, or the name spelled out etc

Just the Suffolk Punch with the ball would look soo good imo

TWTD Supervillain

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:53 - Apr 16 with 2460 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t keep changing the badge every 20 years (although I know it happens a lot in football generally) what the club should do is work on their branding and have a consistent look and feel through all channels. Fonts, colours etc

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:57 - Apr 16 with 2423 viewsJackSted

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:53 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Can’t keep changing the badge every 20 years (although I know it happens a lot in football generally) what the club should do is work on their branding and have a consistent look and feel through all channels. Fonts, colours etc

Didn't Brizzle City change their's recently? I wonder if any of it was because of Mark?

TWTD Supervillain

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:06 - Apr 16 with 2382 viewsBlueastheycome

There was something distinctive I felt about the gold as our tertiary club colour. I felt it separated us from all the other Blue clubs out there. Never really been a fan of the red to be honest.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 17:07]
Is it time for a badge change? on 17:13 - Apr 16 with 2347 viewsDinnernotTea

Yes and take the 3 stars off it. The class of 1992 didn't have it, the class of 2000 didn't have it. Makes us look tinpot if I'm honest, was nice at the start but no more.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:22 - Apr 16 with 2298 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:10 - Apr 16 by Coco

but not to this

Wtf is that?

It looks like a Disney character.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:24 - Apr 16 with 2296 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:24 - Apr 16 with 2294 viewsScuzzer

Revert to the previous one...yes. But dont change it to a new design.

Established 1968

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 2283 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:13 - Apr 16 with 2177 viewsPhilTWTD

Keep it the same but swap the Suffolk Punch for an eagle, obviously.
Is it time for a badge change? on 18:15 - Apr 16 with 2149 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds change their badge almost as often as they change their kit. Most of them seem to work.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:19 - Apr 16 with 2137 viewspositivity

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garfunkel-Art-Partridge-Blazer-Badge/dp/B00H2OYX78

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:20 - Apr 16 with 2129 viewsHighgateBlue

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:06 - Apr 16 by Blueastheycome

There was something distinctive I felt about the gold as our tertiary club colour. I felt it separated us from all the other Blue clubs out there. Never really been a fan of the red to be honest.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 17:07]

Let's call a spade a spade. It's yellow isn't it? I would love to go back to the old badge, because for someone of my era, that IS the club badge. But I wouldn't want to make too much of a big deal about this "gold" business being our third colour. I appreciate that in the Mick Mills era Ipswich did have a yellow kit, but I really don't think (especially with Nodge streets ahead of us) that we should be encouraging too much yellowness! :)
Is it time for a badge change? on 18:24 - Apr 16 with 2099 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:20 - Apr 16 by HighgateBlue

Let's call a spade a spade. It's yellow isn't it? I would love to go back to the old badge, because for someone of my era, that IS the club badge. But I wouldn't want to make too much of a big deal about this "gold" business being our third colour. I appreciate that in the Mick Mills era Ipswich did have a yellow kit, but I really don't think (especially with Nodge streets ahead of us) that we should be encouraging too much yellowness! :)

When you say the "Old" badge do you mean the one I posted or one of the stoopid horse variants?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024