Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Dozzell has gone then 10:03 - Jun 15 with 4952 viewsGeoffSentence

At the end of last season I said that I would not mind seeing any of the players in our current squad going. Even so I do feel a little pang of loss at his departure. I guess it is because there is definitely a good player in there and he will probably come on really well elsewhere. Probably good for both him and the club to go their separate ways.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:07 - Jun 15 with 2802 viewschrismakin

I'm still shocked his agent put in a small minimum release clause into the contract, which was only signed in December.... bit obvious then he would be off this summer imo when there's been champ clubs linked with him for a while. Good for town to get some money instead of losing him on a free of course
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 10:09]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:07 - Jun 15 with 2802 viewsitfcpaul

Good player in his day, he just doesn't have them, he isnt strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, gives away too many fouls, apart from that he is just an average player in this league, what QPR see in him I have no idea apart from that fact that he may not have to be as physical in the Championship but still don't think is has much to offer

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:08 - Jun 15 with 2773 viewsKieran_Knows

Spot on. Think it just feels about right that he does move on now, although it's a real shame to see him leave. Would've been great for him to stay and be part of the side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:09 - Jun 15 with 2758 viewsNazemariner

I have to agree.

It has definitely half-inched the wind from my sails. I can't see how selling your most talented player can be seen as anything other than a backwards step.

The clause he had in his contract suggests to me that he wanted away.
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:10 - Jun 15 with 2720 viewsDanTheMan

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:07 - Jun 15 by itfcpaul

Good player in his day, he just doesn't have them, he isnt strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, gives away too many fouls, apart from that he is just an average player in this league, what QPR see in him I have no idea apart from that fact that he may not have to be as physical in the Championship but still don't think is has much to offer

Can't find the bloody picture now but earlier someone posted some stats on him vs other League One players and it showed that basically he actually created a lot but chances and thing just weren't put away which tallies up with most games I remember.

Personally I'm sad to see him leave. I think he's more than good enough for this league and will shine in a better team. Hope that this release clause included a sell on.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 with 2635 viewsSteve_M

It's a careless waste of talent and the time and effort spent to develop the player. Highly disappointing that Cook was so desperate to push him out of the club.

Dozzell added the grittier side to his game well last season and still stood out as the player most comfortable on the ball, put him in a functioning side rather than the mess we had last season and he'll do well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 with 2632 viewsSWGF

Probably safe to assume experienced Championship manager, Mark Warburton, hasn't just spunked one million quid on an average L1 player who isn't strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, and who gives away too many fouls into the bargain.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 with 2627 viewsFtnfwest

I think its absolutely the right deal at the right time. We were without doubt too bought into the name, but because of that and the type of player he could be (and could still be) yes its disappointing from that perspective
Login to get fewer ads

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:15 - Jun 15 with 2594 viewsblu_dru

Eye for a pass but weak, lazy and gives away silly fouls. Family connection aside nothing to miss here i dont think. Good luck to him though.
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:17 - Jun 15 with 2562 viewsSteve_M

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 by SWGF

Probably safe to assume experienced Championship manager, Mark Warburton, hasn't just spunked one million quid on an average L1 player who isn't strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, and who gives away too many fouls into the bargain.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy the idea that the Championship isn't a physical league although I do wonder exactly what some people have been watching for the last two decades.

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:18 - Jun 15 with 2551 viewsElderGrizzly

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:08 - Jun 15 by Kieran_Knows

Spot on. Think it just feels about right that he does move on now, although it's a real shame to see him leave. Would've been great for him to stay and be part of the side.

Agree.

Right now though we need to get out of League 1 and be a bit short-termist in that approach. Dozzell, under the current management, was never going to be the player to help us do that.

Cook talks about intensity, high press, physicality etc from his midfield and Dozzell is none of those things.

What it does do however, is put huge pressure on Cook/Ashton to find what the answer is to replace him (and quick) to avoid a lot of noise
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 10:21]
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:19 - Jun 15 with 2539 viewsNthQldITFC

Would the 'accept any offer above x' clause forcing the club to accept the offer mean that we had absolutely no way of negotiating a sell on clause ourselves, or would that clause contain our own 'sell-on' sub-clause, if you see what I mean? Even so, I presume the sell-on clause would have to have been negotiated last summer as opposed to Ashton being able to negotiate it now? (I know what I mean... )

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:21 - Jun 15 with 2485 viewsjayessess

It's a shame. I think he was much better than people gave him credit for this season and he'll thrive in a team where the forwards' movement is better and where his regular partner is more combative than Bishop.

If there's a release clause, what can you do though?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:25 - Jun 15 with 2426 viewstractorboy1978

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

It's a careless waste of talent and the time and effort spent to develop the player. Highly disappointing that Cook was so desperate to push him out of the club.

Dozzell added the grittier side to his game well last season and still stood out as the player most comfortable on the ball, put him in a functioning side rather than the mess we had last season and he'll do well.

He's a good player and has many strong attributes but he doesn't fit the mould of what PC wants and never will. He likes high intensity players and his two in the 4-2-3-1 consists of an enforcer and a player with the energy to get box to box. Dozzell is neither of those. He's a nice footballer and he will fit into a nice tippy-tappy team - can see him doing well for Warburton. I think it's a good move for all parties.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 10:26]
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:25 - Jun 15 with 2412 viewsclive_baker

It's a shame IMO, it's always nice to see players come through the academy and do well and AD was a special case in that regard, what with Jason having done so. A true Ipswich lad, I would've loved to see him wearing the badge in the Premier League. That said, there's little room for sentiment now, the investors need a return and they wont get that in L1. Promotion has to be the only aim, and if those in charge think the funds could be better invested elsewhere to help us achieve that, then so be it. I think Andre's a very good footballer, I hope he does really well at QPR.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:29 - Jun 15 with 2332 viewsArnieM

It’s good for all parties that he’s moved on I th8nk. He’s been at this Club for 6 + years and to date has never, under any manger, been able to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Yes he has “ a nice pass” on him and sees a gap etc, but there’s so much more to a footballers game ( especially at higher levels), which 8m not sure he has in his locker, and certainly not to a consistent level .

Good luck Andre. Hope it works out for you. Now We all move on.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:33 - Jun 15 with 2292 viewsreusersfreekicks

Stats to back up this gibberish?
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:35 - Jun 15 with 2274 viewsreusersfreekicks

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:15 - Jun 15 by blu_dru

Eye for a pass but weak, lazy and gives away silly fouls. Family connection aside nothing to miss here i dont think. Good luck to him though.

"Weak" "Lazy" - describes your characterization well
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:37 - Jun 15 with 2258 viewsreusersfreekicks

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:21 - Jun 15 by jayessess

It's a shame. I think he was much better than people gave him credit for this season and he'll thrive in a team where the forwards' movement is better and where his regular partner is more combative than Bishop.

If there's a release clause, what can you do though?

He did much better in a disfunctional team and club than he is given credit for
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:43 - Jun 15 with 2198 viewsGarv

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

It is a waste of talent. But if we're still of the opinion that promotion is the most important thing right now, i.e overnight success, Andre Dozzell isn't the answer.

Hope he does well and we buy him back in a few years.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:55 - Jun 15 with 2112 viewsblu_dru

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:35 - Jun 15 by reusersfreekicks

"Weak" "Lazy" - describes your characterization well

Sorry you dont like my opinion mate
So Dozzell has gone then on 10:57 - Jun 15 with 2094 viewsStokieBlue

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:55 - Jun 15 by blu_dru

Sorry you dont like my opinion mate

Opinions still need to be backed by evidence if you want people to take them seriously.

I certainly don't think Dozzell was lazy - how are you coming to that conclusion?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:58 - Jun 15 with 2078 viewsSteve_M

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:25 - Jun 15 by tractorboy1978

He's a good player and has many strong attributes but he doesn't fit the mould of what PC wants and never will. He likes high intensity players and his two in the 4-2-3-1 consists of an enforcer and a player with the energy to get box to box. Dozzell is neither of those. He's a nice footballer and he will fit into a nice tippy-tappy team - can see him doing well for Warburton. I think it's a good move for all parties.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 10:26]

I can see that argument with regard to Dozzell and don't necessarily disagree but I think I would be more comfortable if Cook wasn't so keen to let nearly everyone else leave too.

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:00 - Jun 15 with 2051 viewschrismakin

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:58 - Jun 15 by Steve_M

I can see that argument with regard to Dozzell and don't necessarily disagree but I think I would be more comfortable if Cook wasn't so keen to let nearly everyone else leave too.

Slowly though things are starting to come out that backs up certain things.
He said he wants players who want to be here
You've got 1 midfielder who put in a transfer request, and the other had a get out clause put in his contract a few months ago.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:00 - Jun 15 with 2049 viewsblu_dru

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:57 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Opinions still need to be backed by evidence if you want people to take them seriously.

I certainly don't think Dozzell was lazy - how are you coming to that conclusion?

SB

Well maybe something in the way he runs, he just never looks like he is busting a gut i guess? I wish him well but i think without the Dozzell name there wouldn't be so many sad about this departure. He had the buy out clause inserted and clearly didn't want to stay here long term. He scored a good goal in the Leeds game when we got relegated but has done nothing for me in League one. I know he isnt unique in that in a Town shirt but he has not stood out like everyone thought he would.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024