Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. 14:00 - Jun 28 with 5124 viewsKieran_Knows

... would be great to get this one done.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-to-step-up-crooks-pursuit-8092918

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:03 - Jun 28 with 3876 viewscatch74

Interesting bit in there about Harper too - fee less than the reported £500k and unlikely to creep much higher, minimal add ons. Feels like a great piece of dealing.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:04 - Jun 28 with 3833 viewsTractorCam

This would be our best signing imo, really hope we get this done.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:05 - Jun 28 with 3801 viewsMrTown

Would really like this deal to go through, think he is a really good operator as a number 10.

Very tall and powerful yet still very athletic and mobile. Technically very good for the number 10 role but also seems to be a goal scorer from that position.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 16:50]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

It's the one link so far that..... on 14:05 - Jun 28 with 3803 viewsBloots

....I'd genuinely be delighted with.

As a result, it won't happen.

Sorry to be the one to inform you.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:06 - Jun 28 with 3770 viewsportmanking

Not really sure what the point of Watson's latest story is? It says no different than his first one on Crooks really. The club are keen on him and would like to sign him. There's no suggestions that it's advanced any further than it was a month ago.
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 3694 viewshype313

If we were to secure him it would make our squad very very good, and should give us some serious firepower next season.

Sounds like he's Cook's number one target, so should imagine the club will be going all out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:12 - Jun 28 with 3571 viewsITFCBlues

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:06 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Not really sure what the point of Watson's latest story is? It says no different than his first one on Crooks really. The club are keen on him and would like to sign him. There's no suggestions that it's advanced any further than it was a month ago.

I was just thinking the same thing. Isn't really anything new that we didn't already know!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:12 - Jun 28 with 3577 viewsVic

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:05 - Jun 28 by MrTown

Would really like this deal to go through, think he is a really good operator as a number 10.

Very tall and powerful yet still very athletic and mobile. Technically very good for the number 10 role but also seems to be a goal scorer from that position.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 16:50]

Re his size - just watched the video of his goals and thought he looked to have a bit of power and strength about him. Get him on board and for the first time for a long time I’m confident that out midfield will not be overrun by other teams.

Got to say I’m beginning to like what I’m seeing Cook put together as a team. Looks to have ability and strength all over the place. Get the goalie fella do Penny in at LB then buy a CB to play alongside Woolf, and a goalscorer and we’ll be home and hosed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:15 - Jun 28 with 3503 viewssaffers12

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:12 - Jun 28 by Vic

Re his size - just watched the video of his goals and thought he looked to have a bit of power and strength about him. Get him on board and for the first time for a long time I’m confident that out midfield will not be overrun by other teams.

Got to say I’m beginning to like what I’m seeing Cook put together as a team. Looks to have ability and strength all over the place. Get the goalie fella do Penny in at LB then buy a CB to play alongside Woolf, and a goalscorer and we’ll be home and hosed.

I do not buy all this the bar was set with Harper...if a player like Crooks would take is from a good side to a very good side they would pay well over 500k
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 14:16]
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:16 - Jun 28 with 3462 viewsSaigonTractor

My takeaway is that we've moved from identifying Crooks as a target, to actively trying to sign him.
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:17 - Jun 28 with 3412 viewsportmanking

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:16 - Jun 28 by SaigonTractor

My takeaway is that we've moved from identifying Crooks as a target, to actively trying to sign him.

Surely we've been doing the groundwork on trying to sign him for weeks already, no?
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:18 - Jun 28 with 3357 viewswkj

This is the one to get excited about, I don't think many will be heartbroken if he signs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:23 - Jun 28 with 3252 viewsSaigonTractor

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:17 - Jun 28 by portmanking

Surely we've been doing the groundwork on trying to sign him for weeks already, no?

I guess that depends on what you mean by groundwork. I imagine we've done things like message agents and clubs about dozens of players.

I'd guess we're now moving onto making a formal bid.
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:41 - Jun 28 with 2997 viewsSWGF

That's what I thought. There's no actual news in that article, is there?

It's almost as if they want people, giddy on transfer news, to click the story/link for traffic purposes.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:48 - Jun 28 with 2878 viewsSteve_M

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:41 - Jun 28 by SWGF

That's what I thought. There's no actual news in that article, is there?

It's almost as if they want people, giddy on transfer news, to click the story/link for traffic purposes.

Got to get the click rate up.

#EADTITK

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:52 - Jun 28 with 2789 viewsclive_baker

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:04 - Jun 28 by TractorCam

This would be our best signing imo, really hope we get this done.

100%

While all of our dealings thus far have been encouraging, it's seeing the likes Crooks and Morsy linked where you feel they're more than just good L1 players. Big difference between being linked and getting them in though. A couple of that ilk and I really would start to get excited.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:52 - Jun 28 with 2784 viewsdavblue

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:08 - Jun 28 by hype313

If we were to secure him it would make our squad very very good, and should give us some serious firepower next season.

Sounds like he's Cook's number one target, so should imagine the club will be going all out.

Think you have to see what comes in out wide, central defence before you could claim that 'it would make our squad very very good'
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:56 - Jun 28 with 2731 viewsSomethingBlue

I like all our signings so far but this would be the one for me. Let's hope we do it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:58 - Jun 28 with 2680 viewschrismakin

They've struggled quite badly with news this summer.

Most of what they post is old interviews or more formal newspaper links following other rumours elsewhere. Been a strange summer for them. Great couple of guys tho but wonder of they've lost some sources.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 15:04 - Jun 28 with 2573 viewssaffers12

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:58 - Jun 28 by chrismakin

Most of what they post is old interviews or more formal newspaper links following other rumours elsewhere. Been a strange summer for them. Great couple of guys tho but wonder of they've lost some sources.

They have not lost sources

MA has really tightended the lines of communication and staff told to shut up i believe
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 15:07 - Jun 28 with 2523 viewstractorboy1978

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 14:58 - Jun 28 by chrismakin

I think it's becoming increasingly difficult with social media how it is for your archetypal newspaper journalist to stay at the forefront of transfer rumours. Numerous 'sources' and individuals that know people are instantly able to put out what they've heard with far less scrutiny than they are able to.
Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:29 - Jun 28 with 2086 viewschrismakin

Fair Play Ashton, takes his time

4 weeks ago - preparing to bid
now, still preparing to bid

what's next month, finally sent in a bid lol

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:50 - Jun 28 with 1928 viewsDyland

Is this even serious? Why would he come here? Surely the fee will be (relatively) big. Not an obstacle I guess? But, can ITFC really pay him a lot more money than Rotherham, with FFP rules? Or are we really a much better proposition than other clubs in the Champ and/or similar sized/ambitions to Town in L1?

Looking at this without my blue-tinted specs innit.

It would be a cracking and somewhat surprising signing, non?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:53 - Jun 28 with 1888 viewsStokieBlue

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:50 - Jun 28 by Dyland

Is this even serious? Why would he come here? Surely the fee will be (relatively) big. Not an obstacle I guess? But, can ITFC really pay him a lot more money than Rotherham, with FFP rules? Or are we really a much better proposition than other clubs in the Champ and/or similar sized/ambitions to Town in L1?

Rotherham's historical average attendance in L1 is about 9000. They also don't have new backers and transfer income (yet).

I would think town could offer substantially more than Rotherham but I would still be very surprised to see him come here, he wouldn't be short of offers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:53 - Jun 28 with 1883 viewschrismakin

Matt Crooks - stepping up our pursuit of him.. on 16:50 - Jun 28 by Dyland

It's one of those that IF it happens would be the best coup of the transfer window.

I'm still unsure that he would turn down championship clubs, however the signings we have and going to make may make certain players want to be part of something fun.

Crooks liking a completely random tweet has made me think he may be coming, but it is still one i would be shocked about.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024