Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. 17:39 - Aug 25 with 3285 viewsSitfcB

But suppose it was out of his hands?

Surely he’ll be leaving next summer?

He deserves to go to a club that’s going to win things.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:05 - Aug 25 with 2245 viewsGlasgowBlue

He’ll go for a lot less than was being offered this year. Especially if he has an indifferent season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:16 - Aug 25 with 2209 viewsWD19

If he hadn’t signed a long contract he could have gone wherever he liked.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:18 - Aug 25 with 2204 viewsGarv

I know this isn't the 'popular' view but Man City would be a tacky move.

Football seems obsessed with trophies. How often do you hear "he's a good player but what has he won?"

Why does Kane need to win anything to prove what kind of player he is/was? The grass isn't always greener and he'll end up breaking all sorts of records and be a legend at Spurs, plus they're not done for - they've a good manager and an outside chance of a cup win.

He just needs to keep doing what he's done for the last five years, not go chasing the best team in the league just because they're the best team in the league.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:21 - Aug 25 with 2196 viewsRyorry

I wonder how he'll be greeted when he walks back out on their pitch ...

Think he'll need to start scoring for them pretty fast!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:23 - Aug 25 with 2184 viewsLankHenners

It was very much in his hands as if he hadn’t have been a daft tit and signed such a big contract the whole thing would’ve been much plainer sailing.

The way him and his brother have handled this summer has been very much a lesson in how not to push for a big move.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:24 - Aug 25 with 2179 viewsParisBlue

He'll be 29 next summer. His value will be decreasing.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:34 - Aug 25 with 2136 viewsOldboy

We have enough forwards
We need central defenders.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:35 - Aug 25 with 2133 viewsSitfcB

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:21 - Aug 25 by Ryorry

I wonder how he'll be greeted when he walks back out on their pitch ...

Think he'll need to start scoring for them pretty fast!

He got a heroes welcome on Sunday when he came on from the few thousand that were at Wolves.

The Tottenham fans are buzzing he’s staying.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 18:39]

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:44 - Aug 25 with 2086 viewsArnieM

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:34 - Aug 25 by Oldboy

We have enough forwards
We need central defenders.

Lol …

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:45 - Aug 25 with 2086 viewsstrikalite

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:35 - Aug 25 by SitfcB

He got a heroes welcome on Sunday when he came on from the few thousand that were at Wolves.

The Tottenham fans are buzzing he’s staying.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 18:39]

So who have City turned their interest to now then?

Mbappe?

Imagine that.....
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:48 - Aug 25 with 2078 viewsChrisd

Tottenham had a valuation for Kane and City didn’t match it. Good on Levy, holding his ground. Just shows the big boys might have the dough but they can’t bully sides into submission and always get what they want. I agree Kane deserves to go to a side that wins things, but he’s let himself down how he’s handled this situation, it could’ve been managed a whole lot better.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 19:01]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:54 - Aug 25 with 2051 viewsMattinLondon

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:18 - Aug 25 by Garv

Football seems obsessed with trophies. How often do you hear "he's a good player but what has he won?"

Why does Kane need to win anything to prove what kind of player he is/was? The grass isn't always greener and he'll end up breaking all sorts of records and be a legend at Spurs, plus they're not done for - they've a good manager and an outside chance of a cup win.

He just needs to keep doing what he's done for the last five years, not go chasing the best team in the league just because they're the best team in the league.

Anyone would think that players want to win silverware and are ambitious enough to want to play at the highest level namely Champions League. Being a legend at a club like Spurs does not compete with winning the League and other trophies - believing it is, is just playing it safe and accepting mediocrity.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 19:06 - Aug 25 with 2014 viewslazyblue

Don’t see why anyone would be disappointed that a Spurs player didn’t sign for Man City, his agent( his brother) obviously wanted to earn himself some extra funds but messed up.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 19:14 - Aug 25 with 1979 viewsSitfcB

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:45 - Aug 25 by strikalite

Mbappe?

Imagine that.....

Ronaldo?

That’s never going to happen shirley? Just the press needing something to talk about.

COYB

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 19:20 - Aug 25 with 1954 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I’ve not followed the Kane ‘saga’ that closely, but surely there are other sides than Citeh who would be interest and could afford him.

If you believe it, Real Madrid have offered £137m for Mbappe (who would be an idiot to leave PSG this summer)
Surely Madrid would be interested in Kane and they can offer him Champions League football.

Also the talk of being a Spurs legend over winning stuff is a bit daft. He’s certainly good enough to play Champions League year after year and challenge for trophies, which means a lot more when he’s retired that he can look back on Winners medals than being popular with Spurs fans
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 23:21 - Aug 25 with 1749 viewsBlueBadger

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:18 - Aug 25 by Garv

So, what you're saying is that players should accept mediocrity?

Which makes your tears about Lambert and Jewell(in particular) leaving a bit more understandable. But still mad.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 23:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 23:27 - Aug 25 with 1736 viewsZXBlue

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 23:21 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

So, what you're saying is that players should accept mediocrity?

Which makes your tears about Lambert and Jewell(in particular) leaving a bit more understandable. But still mad.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 23:26]

Kane will regret, when he retires, never having won anything. He is not worth big money to most clubs anymore, because there will be much reduced resale value given his age.

I understand him pushing hard for a move now. Could be his last big chance.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 00:11 - Aug 26 with 1686 viewsJ2BLUE

...what?

Careers are defined by trophies. What would mean more to Kane, 5-6 trophies or being a legend at Spurs without a single winner medal? He currently has four runner up medals and a third place medal.

Never mind though because he has an outside chance of a league cup medal? Daft post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:01 - Aug 26 with 1521 viewsChurchman

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:24 - Aug 25 by ParisBlue

He'll be 29 next summer. His value will be decreasing.

He looks a lot older than 28 and I can’t see that reversing. Injury prone and wanting away this summer, I can see this ending badly for Spurs. The money reportedly on offer for him was eye watering. If they were buying Chiesa I could understand it. I guess out and out goal scorers always command the big bucks.
A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:13 - Aug 26 with 1486 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We should probably do away with the "You've won fu*k all" chant when we play Nodge.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:20 - Aug 26 with 1469 viewshype313

Different take from Carragher..

When Spurs bid farewell to White Hart Lane a few years ago, they invited their greatest legends to join the final nostalgia trip.

One player was notoriously absent. So deep were the wounds when Sol Campbell, a former captain and product of Tottenham’s youth system, left to join Arsenal in 2001, it was as if his name had been stricken from the club records. It was a reminder that our legacy as players goes beyond medals.

I’m not sure if Harry Kane has given that any consideration over the last two months, or it occurred to him having brought this summer’s transfer saga to an end by declaring he is staying at Spurs.

It can be argued a Spurs player pushing for a move to Manchester City in 2021 is incomparable to moving to Arsenal at any time. But as someone who like Kane understands the pressures, responsibilities and rewards of being a homegrown player, I guarantee that while he considers winning the Premier League to be the most important ambition right now, he will have a different perspective later in his life.

If Kane commits the rest of his career to Tottenham, by the end of it he will be their greatest ever player ahead of Glenn Hoddle, their greatest ever goalscorer ahead of Jimmy Greaves, and the Premier League’s most prolific striker ahead of Alan Shearer, all this having been achieved as the local boy who became a legend.

People will tell him this is not as important as winning a league title with Manchester City. I disagree.

You can’t measure such extraordinary individual feats for Spurs against spending a couple of seasons in Manchester trying to satisfy a thirst for the Premier League trophy. Unlike those players who are not so connected to the club and their community, short-term gain would have come with a longer-term sacrifice.

As footballers at the peak of our powers, stuck in our bubbles season after season, we naturally want it all. We crave the hero worship of our hometown, but want this alongside winning the biggest prizes. Only a rare few can have that level of adulation at their neighbourhood clubs, allied with the ultimate success.

As an academy graduate Kane has a special place in Spurs fans' hearts

I am not talking about everyone who has ever won a Champions League or Premier League winners’ medal, but those who win everything as local gods, symbols of the clubs and area they represented; players of the stature of Ryan Giggs at Manchester United or John Terry at Chelsea, to name two.

Others rightly assume such legendary status at their boyhood club despite never winning the trophies they most craved. At the moment, Kane comes into that category, which is why him staying put is worthy of celebration for Spurs fans. Yes, a fee of £100 million is massive for a 28-year-old striker, but certain players are worth more than a transfer fee. They are emblems of their club, representatives of their fans' dreams.

When Spurs fans sing "he is one of our own" about Kane they are taking pride in an academy graduate who they believe understands them. As when Wayne Rooney left Everton as a teenager, when such players go or threaten to leave, it hurts more because they are demoralising those fans who know their club is not at the level it needs to be, but embrace the world-class, homegrown talent who gives them hope.

Spurs’ fans have been wrestling with their emotions over the last few months, initially refusing to believe their hero would agitate for a move, and then demonstrating the first hint of anger as the reality gripped and they chanted "are you watching Harry Kane" when Spurs defeated Manchester City on the opening weekend of this season.

The fans’ response felt like a critical moment. Kane would have imagined leaving north London with a handshake and understanding given his service to the club, Spurs consoled by how much they received for him. Sensing the mood turn against him will have deeply hurt and worried him.

He knew there was no way of leaving on good terms, and no way of guaranteeing an invitation to any post-career reunions. That is not going to have changed by next January, or next summer, so I would strongly recommend against Kane going down the route of prolonging this saga into future transfer windows.

Having accepted staying at Spurs for now, Kane would be wise to make peace with the idea of doing so for good, and embracing one of football's eternal truths: “Your name is more important than any trophy.”

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:21 - Aug 26 with 1457 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:48 - Aug 25 by Chrisd

Tottenham had a valuation for Kane and City didn’t match it. Good on Levy, holding his ground. Just shows the big boys might have the dough but they can’t bully sides into submission and always get what they want. I agree Kane deserves to go to a side that wins things, but he’s let himself down how he’s handled this situation, it could’ve been managed a whole lot better.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 19:01]

How were Man City bullying anyone? Seemingly they tried to buy a player that wanted to move to them, Tottenham wanted more than they were prepared to pay and eventually they’ve walked away

Not everything is good side/bad side. You could just as easily say ‘good on Man City not being bullied by Tottenham into paying more than they were prepared to’

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:22 - Aug 26 with 1449 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 18:45 - Aug 25 by strikalite

Mbappe?

Imagine that.....

Not a chance, he’ll 100% be a Real Madrid player by the end of the window. Expect that will cause some dominos to move though - and City probably signing a short term option somewhere in the midst of it

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:24 - Aug 26 with 1437 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 19:06 - Aug 25 by lazyblue

Don’t see why anyone would be disappointed that a Spurs player didn’t sign for Man City, his agent( his brother) obviously wanted to earn himself some extra funds but messed up.

Yes, definitely his brother pulling his strings for some extra cash on top of his already very large salary, and not just Kane wanting a chance to win things. FFS
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 9:24]

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:26 - Aug 26 with 1420 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A little bit disappointed Kane is staying at Tottenham. on 09:01 - Aug 26 by Churchman

He looks a lot older than 28 and I can’t see that reversing. Injury prone and wanting away this summer, I can see this ending badly for Spurs. The money reportedly on offer for him was eye watering. If they were buying Chiesa I could understand it. I guess out and out goal scorers always command the big bucks.

Injury prone Harry Kane’s appearances in the past 7 seasons:

49, 34, 40, 48, 38, 50, 51

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024